[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2017] I Love My President Though He Is A Psycho 总裁在上我在下

sugarplum892

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@miaka27 Thanks for the clarification. But does the family Go have the baby for real?

I am not sure what your question mean lol

6 hours ago, LyeKIM said:

Better late than never! Here's the poster for today's ep:

(And before I go back to studying...)That's good question @Ldy Gmerm pointed out. I hope that gets answered in ep. 7 and what will more will happen to Shidi's family now that Xiao nian returned to her parents (I don't what to see them again though) but given her good heart I think they'll be left untouched. I also agree to @bebebisous33 's insights about Mona & her plans backfiring on her. I'm curious how devastated she'll be under Gongou's method of interogation. Now that Xiao nian found her real parents, she deserves all the good treatment she'll receive from them after experiencing all the  craziness she went through.

Credits to 网络剧总裁在上我在下 weibo

mona will not be devastated.  She and GO will be throwing an engagement ceramony.  GO plans to switch the bride that's why she look all pissed off at the ceramony.  GO will also announce breaking all ties with his family and heritage.  This is his way of showing XN that's he's serious and he will do anything to protect her.  He's crazy!

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@miaka27 Where is the baby? With Gong Ou's family or not?

Well in the novel the baby is being held in England with GO mom.  She takes care of her grandson.  Charles is GO moms butler so he took the baby to her  after XN gave birth. 

Spoiler

So I'm not sure if the drama will show all this since there's only 3 more ep.  For all of you that's wondering about that night GO got drugged, there is actually more plot to this.  That night TY her friend actually was planning to drug GO and give him XN first before giving her to the old 70 year old guy.  TY decided to do this because she felt bad that XN will lose her virginity to that old guy.  So to make herself feel a little better she decide to give XN to GO first since he is younger and better looking.  So GO was with XN that night but he does not remember if they had sex.  When TY came back for XN, GO started screaming and yelling so his body guards came so she lost her chance to take XN.  Since TY messed up, the 70 year old guy grabbed TY and raped her.  Bob is actually that 70 year old guys son.  That night GO brother actually was on the cruise ship and XN brother was also there.  

GO brother is actually still alive.  He faked his death because he doesn't want to take family responsibility. GO brother will actually help XN save GO.  GO was actually missing for 4 years getting treatment from Mona and she played him during that time.  Her treatment for his mental disease is self control so she would put in in a cage and have him get beat and just basically be treated like a dog.  She did a lot to him so by the time he got back to XN he was mentally scarred and pretty emotionless.  

XN knew something was wrong so the butler kidnap Mona and they torture her to tell them what kind of treatment she gave GO.  GO followed XN and heard everything and realize he was being played and felt so much shame.  He came out and tried to kill Mona.  But Mona video tape his whole torture treatment so she used that to threaten to release it.  Mona escapes but during XN and GO actual wedding day, Mona kidnap XN son and went to the wedding.  Mona held XN son and in front of XN told her to kill herself or she will kill her son.  gO found the right moment and shot Mona in the head.  Mona dies because of this but this also started an internal war with the Lancaster family. There's a lot more in the novel not even done yet...

hope I didn't kill the story for anyone but I don't think they will show this in the drama. 

On 4/7/2017 at 5:34 PM, miaka27 said:
Spoiler

So I'm not sure if the drama will show all this since there's only 3 more ep.  For all of you that's wondering about that night GO got drugged, there is actually more plot to this.  That night TY her friend actually was planning to drug GO and give him XN first before giving her to the old 70 year old guy.  TY decided to do this because she felt bad that XN will lose her virginity to that old guy.  So to make herself feel a little better she decide to give XN to GO first since he is younger and better looking.  So GO was with XN that night but he does not remember if they had sex.  When TY came back for XN, GO started screaming and yelling so his body guards came so she lost her chance to take XN.  Since TY messed up, the 70 year old guy grabbed TY and raped her.  Bob is actually that 70 year old guys son.  That night GO brother actually was on the cruise ship and XN brother was also there.  

GO brother is actually still alive.  He faked his death because he doesn't want to take family responsibility. GO brother will actually help XN save GO.  GO was actually missing for 4 years getting treatment from Mona and she played him during that time.  Her treatment for his mental disease is self control so she would put in in a cage and have him get beat and just basically be treated like a dog.  She did a lot to him so by the time he got back to XN he was mentally scarred and pretty emotionless.  

XN knew something was wrong so the butler kidnap Mona and they torture her to tell them what kind of treatment she gave GO.  GO followed XN and heard everything and realize he was being played and felt so much shame.  He came out and tried to kill Mona.  But Mona video tape his whole torture treatment so she used that to threaten to release it.  Mona escapes but during XN and GO actual wedding day, Mona kidnap XN son and went to the wedding.  Mona held XN son and in front of XN told her to kill herself or she will kill her son.  gO found the right moment and shot Mona in the head.  Mona dies because of this but this also started an internal war with the Lancaster family. There's a lot more in the novel not even done yet...

hope I didn't kill the story for anyone but I don't think they will show this in the drama. 

I wanted to comment on this but didn't want to spoil it for anyone

The Uploader has been experiencing technical issues which is why the subs for Ep. 6 haven't gone up yet.

I haven't been very well in the last 24 hours so I haven't got to Ep. 7 in total. So no comments as yet.

@miaka27 -- Could you please... pretty please... put all that future information in spoiler tags? There's some highly spoilery, detailed information. Most people don't have access to the novel.

Thank you in advance.

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

The Uploader has been experiencing technical issues which is why the subs for Ep. 6 haven't gone up yet.

I haven't been very well in the last 24 hours so I haven't got to Ep. 7 in total. So no comments as yet.

@miaka27 -- Could you please... pretty please... put all that future information in spoiler tags? There's some highly spoilery, detailed information. Most people don't have access to the novel.

Thank you in advance.

Ok ok sorry actually I don't know how to do that.  I'm pretty new in this forum.  How do you do that?

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Thank you in advance.

Thanks for the update on the subs. Sorry you are not feeling well. I hope you feel better soon. Thanks so much to you and the uploader for bringing us this drama with subs. Much appreciated.

2 hours ago, miaka27 said:

Ok ok sorry actually I don't know how to do that.  I'm pretty new in this forum.  How do you do that?

See that little "eye" button on the far right end of your tool bar? Click on that after you've highlighted the text you want hidden.

So:

Click edit at the bottom of your post, it will bring up your tool bar which brings up all kinds of formatting buttons.

1. Highlight the text you want to hide.

2. Go to the eye button

3. Click on it.

4. You should get a box around the text

5. Save it.

Hope that makes sense.

5 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

See that little "eye" button on the far right end of your tool bar? Click on that after you've highlighted the text you want hidden.

So:

Click edit at the bottom of your post, it will bring up your tool bar which brings up all kinds of formatting buttons.

2. Go to the eye button

3. Click on it.

5. Save it.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks!  Just tried and worked :)

22 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

So:

2. Go to the eye button

3. Click on it.

5. Save it.

Hope that makes sense.

I have been an active member since 2011 and I just found out as well. Thanks for sharing! :)

For some reason the Gong family solves its sticky problems by kidnapping. :wink: Even though I surmised early on that he was a product of his upbringing, it's gratifying to see that level of consistency in the writing. This is one dysfunctional family. When all else fails... let's kidnap someone and do whatever they like with them because they can. Illegality aside, there's no respect for other people's freedom.

That said, there was some satisfaction to be had watching Mona undergoing severe interrogation even if she was innocent of that charge. They even used the lie detector on her which added to the hilarity in that situation.

I think it was clear from the beginning that the world XN inhabits is a rather nutty one. Or maybe philosophical underpinnings of this parallel universe clashes with our worldview. Things we take for granted, respect for the freedom of others and choices, aren't even a consideration. We see things from XN's perspective especially as we try to make sense of the topsy turvy antics of others that besets her. 

The first few minutes of Ep. 7 is heartbreaking especially when XN bitterly makes her exit. She tells him that she's never experienced as much pain as she does then because someone lifted her high and then proceeded to send her crashing down to earth. She declares to him the child isn't his and believes she is walking out of his life forever. XN throws herself into her work but she suffers from artist's block. In her agony, she is gripped with pain and collapses. unbeknownst to her, GO is watching over her secretly. He takes her to the hospital and the doctor lies that paramedics brought her in. Since she was floating in and out of consciousness, she doesn't recall who actually brought her in. The doctor congratulates her and tells her later that she's having a boy.

Meanwhile Mummy Dearest has sent her people to check on GO and is gleeful that he and XN have gone their separate ways. She's hoping that Mona will marry into the family. She also finds out that XN is pregnant and that brain of hers hatches a plan.

GO reminisces of happier times and regrets ever having let XN go. He chats to FD about love and women for a bit of advice. In the end he resolves to go back to XN consequences be damned. He tells himself that no one is better able to protect XN than he is.

However, when he gets to her place, he finds that she is gone. His first thought is that Mona has kidnapped XN and puts her through rigorous interrogation. Mona persistently denies it.

Mummy Dearest has kidnapped XN and taken her to an unknown coastal location. XN tries to lie and say that the child isn't GO but Mother knows it all and she's not buying XN's bluff. She assures XN the child will be raised with all the privileges of being a member of the Gong family so XN can go off and do her own thing. I'm not sure but I think she says that the child will treated as the first grandchild. XN protests and says that she's the only one that can give him love. Mrs Gong sets her butler-watchdog, Charles to keep a sharp eye on XN who's spending all her free time sketching pictures for the baby.

GO wanders aimlessly around feeling depressed. He hears the voice of XN speaking to him telling him to get out of his funk and look for her. He sees the sense of it and starts putting on his thinking cap. When he realises that the child is definitely his, he decides that XN was kidnapped because of the baby. All of that points to Mother Dear.

It warmed the cockles of my heart to see GO pining for XN. It was telling the moment she left that he threw a fit trying to find something of her cooking in the fridge. Sure he let her go but he didn't do it willingly and happily. I don't think he let her go for his own benefit but for hers.

Mother is sitting around with other rich, snobbish ladies who are praising GO to the skies for being so capable and wondering if he's found someone to be a wife. One of them notes that he's linked to Mona Lancaster. GO breaks up that conversation and informs Mother that he knows she's got XN. Mother denies it of course but GO tells her that he will follow her everywhere to determine where she's stashed XN as he has plenty of time on his hands.

TBC...

There’s a burning question I’m hoping to get an answer to in the weeks to come. Why is it we never get to see GO’s father? We hear his voice, we hear him flogging his son but for some reason his appearance remains a perpetual mystery. I’m beginning to wonder if he really does exist. :wink:

Maybe he has already made an appearance but for some reason I’ve managed to miss it.

If he hasn’t however, I’d like to know why is it that he is such a mysterious figure. We get a sense of why his family lives in dread of him and we see the effects of his propensity for brutality even towards his own son but he seems to be more of an enigma than Sauron. It’s as if he’s a fearful figure of evil that lurks in the shadows… a force of evil rather than a human entity.

I don’t know why it is but I consistently find QC an untrustworthy character even when I know he’s fond of XN and cares about her in his own way. A lot of what transpires in the second half of the episode hinges on what he says. While there’s no reason to disbelieve him when he tells XN that she’s a long lost member of the Xi family, however, telling her that the baby is in the hands of the Gong family seems untrue considering he left behind a string of dead bodies in his rescue attempt. That colours my perception of him and even the reliability of the story about how XN came to be a part of the Shi family who mistreated her.

Apparently the Xi family was in the middle of turbulent times when XN and her twin brother were born. In the confusion of being on the run, the biological mother had no idea what was happening. The midwife that helped deliver the babies, was dealing with black market adoptions. She sold XN to the Shi family afterwards. XN’s younger twin brother Xi Yu, who was always delicate, dressed up as a girl most of his life. In all likelihood he sensed he had a twin sister and was probably trying to compensate for the loss of her presence in his life. When it came time to take over the family estate, he ended his cross-dressing and took on his responsibilities seriously. Later he found out about XN on the day GO made his confession about her in a press conference that was broadcast throughout the world.

XY then came to the country to find XN but with GO keeping her under wraps, it was hard to get to her. Since there was no urgency to meet, he decided to leave. According to QC, XY boarded the plane that he was supposed to. QC stayed at the airport waiting for XN instead. The implication of course is that XY died in the plane crash and QC tells XN that the family has located XY’s body after sending people to search for it. With the loss of their son, the family adopted QC as kind of a surrogate son and he’s become the father’s right-hand man.

XY left a box behind at the airport and QC used its contents to help XN trace her birth parents.

As @bebebisous33 has noted, there’s a ruthless streak regarding how business is done in this show especially in this episode. It’s certainly no Cinderella story, as XN herself acknowledges to her friend. If it is, it’s a bleak one with XN in the middle of it all. Although it seems more the case that she’s in the middle of a tug-of-war.

GO puts on a bit of a performance (threatens to kill himself) for his mother’s benefit to get her to spill her guts. She strikes a deal with him. She will keep XN safe from her wrathful husband and even allow her to remain by GO side if GO gets engaged with Mona.  On the night of their engagement, GO leaves the house after getting what he wants out of the bargain, the address to XN’s whereabouts. Meanwhile XN hears the household staff gossiping about the impending nuptials and the stress of hearing this sends her into early labour. 1 week early and exactly 6 months after she splits up with GO.

XN reunites with her birth family soon after and has now found her own prominent family. Her birth mother won’t leave her side after losing her son and XN has returned triumphantly to her family as a successor to the family fortune.

At the end of the episode XN goes clothes shopping for the baby she hasn’t yet seen. She swears to QC on the phone that this is her last time. Then someone comes behind her and a familiar voice says to her, “SXN, it’s been a while.”

If this is a fairy tale, it's a dark one. The OTP are caught in the middle of a big barn fight. It will be interesting to see how all that plays out. I was also interested to see that the birth of XN's child parallels the turbulence of her own birth. If what QC says is true. :wink: Poor XN, it seems like there's just no rest for her. Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

(I'm sorry this came late but I was suffering from the after effects of having a flu shot and so I spent a lot of my weekend watching other shows. Hope it helps. I'm not sure when Ep. 6 will be completely done with all the technical problems that we've been experiencing. Neither of us has made a start on Ep. 7 as yet)

Episode 8 Preview (See translation below)

Gong Ou, I don't want to be entangled with or connected to you any longer. We have already broken up and you've already gotten engaged so let's not torment each other any longer.

I demand you stop the car, Shi Xiao NIan! You will die!

Why are you treating me this way? Don't you want to live well? Then let us both not live!

Right, it's my engagement celebration today. I will turn this celebration into a funeral.

Xiao Nian, before I go, I will deal with every single one of those who want to hurt you.

I am mentally ill. 

I, Gong Ou, publicly announce that I will break all connection with the Gong family. From this day onwards, I will not be successor to the family, take a single step into the the Gong home.

Shi Xiao NIan, are you willing to marry me?

I am willing.

@bebebisous33 It's not clear right now where the baby is. QC claims that the Gong family butler, Charles took the baby but when XN was giving birth, QC was present so I'm not sure whether I believe him. 

On Saturday, April 08, 2017 at 2:22 AM, miaka27 said:

I am not sure what your question mean lol

mona will not be devastated.  She and GO will be throwing an engagement ceramony.  GO plans to switch the bride that's why she look all pissed off at the ceramony.  GO will also announce breaking all ties with his family and heritage.  This is his way of showing XN that's he's serious and he will do anything to protect her.  He's crazy!

Yes she and Gong Ou will be engaged but what I meant was Mona 's experience during her interrogation. I watched  ep 7 raw and I don't why she is questioned but I think it's connected to Xiao Nian's location (Edit:Just read the comments and it was indeed due to Xiao Nian XD). I watched ep 6 and 7 continuously and so much happened in ep 7 that the events progressed faster than ep 6. Xiao Nian was like a princess imprisoned in a tower (literally) waiting to be rescued and it was Qianchu who rescued her. I don't like Qianchu but for me it's good that she was saved by him since Gong Ou is being pinned down by his family esp. his father right now which makes Gong Ou incapable of protecting her. But seriously though, Gong Ou is already a grown man yet he's being punished like that by his father. It's more like torture! No wonder the son does it too. 

I share @bebebisous33 sentiments particularly on the servants/doctors etc. either being beaten or shot dead. They were just doing their job and yet they met such unfortune. Yes it is good to serve under a rich family but if it is a crazy one, it is a different matter. So much to talk about (especially when sub is available) but I'm loss at words but I'd say the ep 7 was frustrating *sighs*

Eternal thanks to @40somethingahjumma for an overview of ep 7 and the translation of ep 8. I now know what Qianchu said to Xiao Nian after the rescue. 

And with regards to Gong Ou's father with no face,  it indeed adds some mysteriousness. Not showing his face makes him different to a typical rich-powerful-disapproving your fiancee-dad. It just shows that he is someone you shouldn't be messing with and it's either a good or bad news when you see his face. And as far as I can see, Gong Ou only meets his dad when it's punishment time. But why Gong Ou kept going there if he knew he'll only be hit? That just shows even he can't match up with his father's power. 

Archived