[Drama 2017] Criminal Minds 크리미널 마인드

Admin

Oh my gosh!!! I love Criminal Minds! This is the only American TV I watch. Watched every episode except season 12's episodes. Even better since LJK is in here, loved him in Scarlet! I think MCW will play "Emily Prentiss" in here and maybe LJK will play "Derek Morgan", the muscles of the BAU. I don't think he'll play Dr. Reid (and I hope not because of season 12). 

Yeah, CM has different cases every episode (except two parters and long term villains like the recent Dirty Dozen, the Reaper and the Replicator, etc.). But if you guys have any questions about the show, I can always try to help! :D

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YAAAAAS! Finally! A CM thread! I'm so excited. I can't wait for July though I hope it premieres toward the end of July since I'll be in vacation in Europe and won't be back till mid July lol By the way, script reading but did they say who was the writer??? Someone has to write a script to be read lol A cast is great and all but writing and directing is just as important. I think LJG is most likely Derek. I do want them to not be as brutal and sometimes disturbing as the American one tbh.  Still remember Mandy Patinkin comments about the show. Dude sounded scarred for life lol

27 minutes ago, chrissydiva said:

I do want them to not be as brutal and sometimes disturbing as the American one tbh.  Still remember Mandy Patinkin comments about the show. Dude sounded scarred for life lol

I agree. Even though I like how unique the cases are in the American show, it's too freaky. - I liked Mandy in the show, even though something was off about him (no offense to anyone). Let's hope LJG is Derek - we'll get to see some badass scenes then. 

According to mydailly CM will be co-produced by Taewon Entertainment and Studio Dragon (which belongs to CJE&M). The filming will start on April 17th (however, the latest article said that the date hasn't been confirmed yet)

Take this with a pinch of salt 

Spoiler

It seems like the previous information hold some merit. With the first filming date set on 17th April. According to that info, the writer are Hong Seung-hyu who wrote Cheo Yong 1 & 2 and  overseen by Choi Wan Kyu. And director is Yang Yun-ho. Not sure whether the info on the writer & PD are true.. but I think it'll be good to have Hong Seung-hyun as the writer. He's experienced with this genre and his Cheo Yong (especially the 2nd season) are also well reviewed. 

According to the latest article.. the cast who attended the script reading are LJK, MCW, Son Hyun Joo, Lee Sun Bin, Yoo Sun and Go Yoon. No mention on Kim Young-chul. He's probably have to filming his other drama. 

My bet is that Go Yoon will be act as Reid. Nice to see another cast reunion with CW and him 

Great to see more people join the thread even some familiar names. :D

If they want Koreans to watch this, they will still have to localize it in some form. It won't be CM USA that's for sure. :wink: I imagine that LJG, MCW and everyone else will not be playing clones of the CM cast but composite characters.

So it might be the writer of the Ghost Seeing Detective? Okay, the second series wasn't too bad, certainly better than the first. Had an interesting overarching storyline if I remember rightly.

2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

If they want Koreans to watch this, they will still have to localize it in some form. It won't be CM USA that's for sure. :wink: I imagine that LJG, MCW and everyone else will not be playing clones of the CM cast but composite characters.

So it might be the writer of the Ghost Seeing Detective? Okay, the second series wasn't too bad, certainly better than the first. Had an interesting overarching storyline if I remember rightly.

So true. The story will be based on Korean cases. I hope people will watch  it with an open mind. Though there maybe Hotch, Morgan and Reid in the drama, but temperaments of these characters will be different from their American counterpart.

15 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I watched first season of Ghost Seeing detective but put second season on hold... so it was better than the first? i kind of liked it. ddn't know it was the same writer

also happy to see familiar names here... already waiting for your great analysis. I'm sure the cast will do an amazng job... hope the writer will make it too!!

Just now, LyraYoo said:

Studio Dragon produced Voice,  and did not disappoint so far. This must be good based on their portfolio.

They produced 'The Good Wife' and 'Entourage' last year. The Good Wife was a good remake. So, hopefully CM will be done right as that one.

Well hopefully we don't get the stink left from Entourage. Almost everybody with the actors on the show included want to forget that show was ever made. *shivers* For the Good Wife, I was pleasantly surprised how much i loved that adaptation since I was a big fan of the original. And that cast was pretty daebak which helped greatly so that's another thing in common with our cast here. Im so excited. I keep trying to check if new updates are coming. There is like no characters descriptions at all for a show which is about to shoot lol Like are we assuming or what? I mean they surely didn't sign up without a synopsis on their characters.

1 hour ago, chrissydiva said:

Well hopefully we don't get the stink left from Entourage. Almost everybody with the actors on the show included want to forget that show was ever made. *shivers* For the Good Wife, I was pleasantly surprised how much i loved that adaptation since I was a big fan of the original. And that cast was pretty daebak which helped greatly so that's another thing in common with our cast here. Im so excited. I keep trying to check if new updates are coming. There is like no characters descriptions at all for a show which is about to shoot lol Like are we assuming or what? I mean they surely didn't sign up without a synopsis on their characters.

I am really curious because I actually like Entourage. It may not have rated good in Korea but to me it was better than Goblin which started well but I couldn't finished because they repeat scenes way too much and it was predictable. Unlike Entourage, you see a glimpse of how K-Ent work, and challenges of actors in the industry. They've shown the relationship between agents, managers, actors and other professionals and business people in the industry. If they have shown how screwed the lifestyle of actors like the American version...then that would have been terrible.,

I believe CM will be amazing as it would be the first authentic police procedural and behavioural k-drama.

I am sure they didn't sign up without knowing anything esp for LJG. This drama was probably offered to him 2nd half 2016. The fact that he waited this long, I trust it must be something good.

On 4/6/2017 at 3:20 PM, LyraYoo said:

I supposed they need heavy marketing now most specially that JG had been a hot item in the media because of his personal life.  :ph34r:

OK @LyraYoo Whats going on in JG personal life that I haven't read about I don;t follow his thread but if you have a link I could read up on him pls share..

38 minutes ago, Jillia said:

I can only speak for "The Good Wife" but it looked really sleek and modern. If the remake of Criminal Minds looks anything like it I would be very happy. And if the costume department does a good job as well I'm probably going to cry happy tears. :) 

I have not watched The Good Wife. I can only compare to Goblin because I did watch it. But of course I am not that petty and that free to visit The Goblin page telling them how much I did not like the drama nor writing sarcastic comments about actors in that drama.

According to the latest (just now) released article, in the beginning (as reported) they were planning for full pre-production but it's not confirmed and they're still on discussion.

@Jillia chingu, can you help take a look at the article? not sure if I got it right.

-edit-

Never mind. Soompi got it translated :tongue:

Korean Remake Of “Criminal Minds” To Start Production Soon, Casting Still In Talks

R. Choi April 7, 2017

Lee-Joon-Gi-Moon-Chae-Won-XPN.jpg

A tvN source recently stated, “With the goal of preparing ‘Criminal Minds’ for July, we are currently working out the details.”

Script reading for the drama took place on April 7, and was conducted with actors such as Son Hyun Joo, Lee Joon Gi, and Moon Chae Won.

According to a source, the drama will begin production on April 17. While the goal is for the drama to be pre-produced at first, the source stated there is a possibility for that to change depending on the situation. The actors have also not yet confirmed their appearances.

“The actors have attended the script reading, and we are currently in the middle of tuning up cast appearances. We are considering that it is possible for them to leave [the show] depending on the circumstances, and so we are in final negotiations,” said a source.

Meanwhile, “Criminal Minds” is set to be a remake of the American CBS drama, which was first broadcast in 2005. Taewon Entertainment, which previously produced “Iris,” will be working with CJ E&M drama production company Studio Dragon in order to produce this drama.

Are you excited for the upcoming remake?

Soompi

5 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

you can visit JG thread :lol::D

@LyraYoo I just happen to stumble upon the vidoe in my father is strange.. It's he supposed to be dating the second lead female from Joseon Gun Man. said they been dating for about a year.. Good for him finally got a girlfriend.. 

@LyraYoo

My wild guess is that.. actors like Kim Young Chul hasn't confirmed. He didn't attend yesterday script reading. And I think with CM, they'll have quite a huge cast. If we have one case per episode, they'll need quite a big cast for villains and such. As for those who attended the script reading, I'm sure they are confirmed since the filming start on 17th.

Archived