[Drama 2017] Criminal Minds 크리미널 마인드

Admin

@antoniaclamens 

For me it's all of the above. To answer all of your rhetorical questions.:wink: That engagement with the notion of evil runs right through the actual investigation but also integral to TL Kang's personal journey as a profiler and investigator. It isn't enough that he is presumably the most experience profiler in the country, taking a dispassionate behaviourist approach to studying a criminal's behaviour, he also needs to personally wrestle with crime and in this case be tempted by the attractions of evil even when it appears under the guise of good. One of the things implied by the Dostoevsky quote is that evil is everywhere and in all of us and we don't need a devil type figure to know this or to create the idea of a supernatural evil to see this. While I agree that people are capable of evil on their own without too much help, often people are led to evil by external influences born out of dysfunctionality and a corruption of what is good.

The reaper was certainly a creature of his upbringing and environment. He suffered abuse as a child and may or may not have resented his mother for it. But whatever he went through as a child to give birth to that reaper identity, it doesn't excuse what he did with his suffering and pain. Not content with ruthlessly killing, he chose to drag others down with him as a way of validating his own present state of mind. Who does he choose to do this? In his twisted sense of irony, he chooses law enforcement officials. First he chose the former police chief to play his game, to dance to his tune (Cue young Ashkenazy's rendition of Lizst's Mephisto Waltz). He doesn't get the law enforcement to kill but terrorizes them enough so that they will stay out of his way as an indirect affirmation not just of his superiority over them in the battle of mind games but by extension solidifying the notion that evil is more powerful than good.

The temptation of TL Kang is a microcosm of this Manichean struggle. What man in his right mind wouldn't want to protect his family? But the devil doesn't tempt people with outright evil. He uses what is good, in this case, the clash of virtues... justice vs love to force TL Kang's hand to prove that whatever TL Kang chooses, he loses. Ultimately Episode 4 becomes a battle for his soul. It becomes clearer then what the set-up of Episode 3 is really about. Families are important... those we are born into and those we choose to create for ourselves to procreate and save lives. But enter evil... that comes in to steal, kill and destroy... it makes you question everything that you hold true.

From my observations over the years watching their brand of crime shows, Koreans don't really see policing as a purely intellectual, rational exercise. The process is purely window dressing for a large engagement with evil. (Not surprising for a country that's very religious still) The behaviourist approach taken in profiling is instructive on some level as a tool to catch perpetrators but ultimately for them victims and murderers aren't just subjects for study and analysis. There are lives at stake. People. Families. Empiricism goes only so far but the impulse to investigate must come from something deeper not just scientific curiosity. I imagine this is why the central figure in any detective drama has to be baptized in fire and come out cleansed and "equipped" to be any genuine help to others. The drive to prevent further crime, to save lives must come from something deeper, something personal and something inherently spiritual.

The brutality of the reaper murders is deliberate for full visceral impact... it's the horror that stays with you... the horror of what the victim went through and following from that what their loved ones must go through. Only when the horror hits home can the criminal investigator have the "true" impulse to give them restitution and retribution.

@Uniform Victory You're much too kind and I'm genuinely gratified by your comments because it is exactly what I always hope to achieve. Whether I'm always successful... that's another thing entirely. :wink: It's always strange that this is seen to be unusual these days because it was how I was taught to read.

As you've probably heard me say, I'm a big picture person so I'm all about patterns and themes. The nitty gritty stuff has its place in so far as it impacts the overall storytelling but I leave that to others. As for expectations I keep them to a minimum. Unmet expectations according to a certain school of thought,  is the number one killer in relationships but I think the same thing applies in viewing as well. :D

I don't think Criminal Minds is perfect of course but I don't dwell on the negatives (unless there are serious systemic issues) because well, I watch a show primarily for enjoyment. And you're right, it doesn't really matter how good the writing is, this genre isn't especially popular on Soompi or even in SK particularly because there's no romance in it. I applaud Dragon, CJ E&M as well as the actors for taking this on despite knowing the risks. It's one of the reasons why I admire LJG as an actor because he goes for what's professionally challenging rather than what's popular. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's still Friday night here, but I'm back.

Taking one day break from most of the CM-related world and forums did me a lot of good. I guess, I needed to take a step back and gather my thoughts, because EP04 left me in such a wreck! Both in a good way and bad. Good kind of emotional wreck, because the episode managed to terrify me and drown me in grief for all the tragedies TL Kang is facing. Bad kind of emotional wreck, because the episode could have been soooooo much better and I feel that it's another one of those "opportunity lost" moments for this drama. And there's been quite a few already... which makes me really sad. :(

I wasn't thinking of writing an episode-wide review for EP04. I thought by this time, everything that could be said about the episode would've been mentioned and explored here on the thread. But after reading the posts, I do have a few points to add. And then, my OCD tendencies kick in and just "adding a few points" doesn't really work for my personality. So I'll be writing a full EP04 critical review. (Attn: @pixelsticks There you go, you got your wish.)

But before I do a full review in my next post, I am just going to fire off a few replies.

12 hours ago, lovelyrainy said:

Isn't self-stabbing wound and wound caused by another person different? The depth and angle of these two wounds along with the force used (coming from someone standing in front of, side way, by one or two hands...) can easily be recognized through investigation, right? Why didn't police realize that the Reaper stabbed himself back then?

Was this detail explained in the US version?

I am no CSI or ME, so I may be totally wrong. But as far as I know, self-inflicted knife wounds (unlike self-inflicted gunshots) cannot be easily identified through analysis of angles & distance. This is because of the close proximity in which the perpetrator has to be to inflict the wounds (which leaves no difference from self-infliction) and also because the angle of knifing really doesn't say much of anything unless the victim is struggling/defending themselves. Whether inflicted by oneself or another individual, the knifing angles can vary in any fashion, unlike the use of a gun where only certain angle of entry is possible by self-infliction.

But with knives, you can find out a few things. Mostly from depth & organization of the wounds.

• Are there defensive wounds on the victim? If yes, then it's not self-inflicted. 
  • Is there any hesitation in the knifing? If so, it can be 1) self-inflicted, or 2) done by someone who is inexperienced or feeling remorseful for the crime.
  • Are the injuries too neat or too haphazard? If too neat, it can be 1) self-inflicted, or 2) done as a means of systematic torture. If too haphazard, it is probably a frenzied attack or sometimes an indicator of over-kill.
  • Are the injuries too shallow or non-life-threatening? If so, it can also be 1) self-inflicted, or 2) done as a means of systematic torture.

So as you can see, it is not very easy to identify self-stabbing. Especially for someone like the Reaper.

The Reaper was on a high from the pain he has inflicted on the girlfriend. Even the act of stabbing himself is an embodiment of his own power & control over the situation. He is also high on the thrill in the knowledge that he will be fooling the law-enforcement and alter the course of the investigation. I am making assumptions here, but someone feeling such a high will not hesitate (much) in inflicting the wounds on himself. Maybe he did hesitate for the first few stabs..... but once the adrenaline starts pumping, he would've become desensitized to the pain and sure in his handiwork. And please remember that he was stabbed so many times. With that, it's harder to examine each cut for hesitation marks. If he has done the majority of the cuts in a sure manner, self-infliction will not be obvious.

Since the Reaper's MO varies so much, the lack of defensive wounds on a victim doesn't mean all that much either. Since there are two victims, the perpetrator could've used one (girl) to subdue the other (guy), and threaten the latter into not fighting back. So the fact that there are no defensive wounds on the Reaper can be explained away... and it doesn't necessarily provide the link to self-infliction.

Next point (and most important one) is about the number of times he stabbed himself & the severity of the wounds. That's his best way of covering his own tracks. In such cases, it may not even cross the investigators' mind to consider self-infliction. The victim was dying....... so the first step will be to save his life & it is a medical emergency... which means unlike a corpse, the examination of the wounds from an investigative standpoint must happen much later or sometimes will not take place at all.

Your question is not handled much in detail in the US version either. There are two tiny ways they kinda explained though. See inside spoiler.

Spoiler
  • Hotch said they didn't even doubt Foyet at all or think to investigate him because of the severity of his wounds. It's just one line in a car-ride conversation.
  • They explained how Foyet managed to make the wounds look more life-threatening than they actually are. It's because the investigators thought he was stabbed much earlier than he really was. He stabbed the girlfriend, drove a mile to call 911, and then came back to the scene to stab himself..... which means, even with the severity of his wounds, the emergency services managed to get there before he died.

This part is to @Schiau.

@LyraYoo has made excellent points so I'm not going to respond in details. But I just feel the need to say one little thing.

I understand that you're angry the "remake" drama doesn't look exactly like the original series. I also understand that you wish to see all the characters have similar roles & personalities & character-traits as the original. I'm just going to say that you're probably going to be disappointed and angry throughout the whole drama, if you keep focusing on the fact that it's supposed to be a remake..... because the drama is more of an adaptation to original source material than a full remake.

I would plead with you to try and watch the drama with fresh eyes. Try enjoying it as just a korean drama..... without focusing too much on the attachment you feel for the US version. I hope you will get to enjoy it more that way.

@vangsweetie637 I agree with you that the characterization of LH & NNH are still very weak. The drama hasn't allowed them to shine or given them any real opportunity to show off their skills. Actually, I even feel that way about SW, who is supposedly a more main character! (I will talk about all this in my critical review next post.)

Right now, the drama's focus is mainly on TL Kang and HJ, almost exclusively. Let me make my position clear. I am NOT comparing the characters to the US original. That's not the reason why I'm disappointed with the characterization. I just feel that in the four episodes, there were ample opportunities for LH, NNH, YMY and especially SW to shine! I don't mean that they have to be made a central focus or given so much character growth. But all these characters all have jobs to do & roles to play in the past 3 cases! And yet, the show doesn't even allow them to do their roles properly..... which is becoming a thorn in my backside for me.

Spoiler

(By the way, if you want to read a full exploration into all the points you made, you really should read @dforte's two posts. He agrees with you on some points and has explanations for others. The posts are long, but it was well worth it to get some perspective.)

20 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

QUESTIONS: Wouldn't a witness protection program have a code word or something? So TL wifey would know who is safe to talk to? But then again, if KYC had broken into the NCI database, he would know it all? And yes, why not send in all the calvary (local cops, fire trucks, ambulances) to the scene to stop an impending murder? Heck HJ just left the Police...I would have thought he'd call his friends/partners.  Maybe it's a jurisdiction issue? Or it was more dramatic to have just KKH responding.

About code-word, I wanna know too. Anyone has any ideas? @dforte:wink:

About not sending the cavalry, @dforte has touched on it in his analysis. I do agree with you & him (& @leesopark16) that they should've sent someone. But I don't agree that it MUST be shown in the drama. The tension of the scene was just right for me, as it is....... and that's because of the focus on TL Kang's phonecall with the Reaper. I am not sure how the tension would hold if NCI members are moving around doing mundane stuff. (I don't mean "mundane" in a mean way. I know it's important in RL. It's just not "glamorous" enough to show in a drama's climax. Do I make any sense?)

So I'm on the fence with this one...... I wanted them to do something as well. Especially SW!!! She's supposed to be the level-headed & competent & experienced backbone of the team. Why are they not allowing her to do stuff that will give the team focus on something other than grief & panic & helplessness?! Why is my SW (a main role) not getting to do much at all?! But on the other hand, I understand that they want to keep the focus on TL Kang and his helplessness. And... I dunno which one is a better way for the drama portrayal. Sigh...... I hate dilemmas.

But about HJ calling up his buddies back from his police days for help.... Yeah, there will probably be jurisdictional issues if he did that.

I'm gonna start on my EP04 write-up now. It'll be done in .... erm...... probably 5 or 6 hours. :lol:

And @lovelyrainy...

Spoiler
12 hours ago, lovelyrainy said:

@zi4r did you note down everything while watching?

I don't take notes. I am terrible with notes. When I do write-ups based on notes, that little voice in my brain keeps harping on sidetrack points from the notes... and after a while, the notes become utterly useless and I become a bundle of frustration! So I do first write-up from memory & instinct. (That's why my posts are so long. I write the way I talk...... I ramble on & on.) Then, while I edit, I rewatch certain scenes to make sure I'm getting my facts right, and to include gifs/stills.

Hehehe..... I'm a slightly wonky person that way. :D

Omo. I just backread 1 page and see that we have so many wonderful and insightful analysts here.  I almost feel like a rookie compared to all of you especially @40somethingahjumma @zi4r @stroppyse @dforte

@pixelsticks

:tongue::D

@zi4r Yes. Exactly. There were many chances for character development on LH and Nana. But it was not utilized. I try not to compare them to the US version but if I keep feeling the essence of it..then I am reminded. LH and Nana..may or may not be Reid and Garcia. But they have the essence of Reid and Nana. This is why their characterization is off for me and even lacking because I need to feel connected to them apart from what I am seeing. I am willing to keep watching as my eyes are on these two closely :wink: oh yes..i read @dforte post and insights. It is indeed detailed and a great read!

@dforte : Your analysis are so detailed that even I have no idea how to respond to you haha. But I look forward to reading more :wink:

Lee Sun Bin Talks About Efforts She Has Made To Portray Character In “Criminal Minds”

Lee-Sun-Bin-1.jpg

Lee Sun Bin expressed her love for her character in tvN’s “Criminal Mind!”

Wellmade Yedang revealed new stills of Lee Sun Bin in the drama on August 5. Lee Sun Bin is currently portraying Yoo Min Young, an NCI Crime Behavior Analysis Media Officer.

Lee-Sun-Bin-2.jpg

The stills capture her charismatic presence within a sea of reporters. Through her agency, Lee Sun Bin said, “I thought carefully and deeply about how my words can gain the trust of viewers, especially because of my role as a media officer.”

She continued, “I am putting in effort to create a balanced character, since Yoo Min Young has a warm, caring side, in addition to her cold, professional personality.”

tvN’s “Criminal Minds” airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 10:50 p.m. KST.

Source (1)

Read here: https://www.soompi.com/2017/08/05/lee-sun-bin-talks-efforts-made-portray-character-criminal-minds/

@vangsweetie637 @stroppyse @Mau_Cherry @jongski@40somethingahjumma  I must say that I have been disappointed with this drama for many reasons. Sure, it is not that bad but for me, the writing is the major problem. 

• One of the reasons why I liked the US show was that the serial killer was always a mystery and little by little, we were given clues about him so that at some point, the team would give a profile. But in this drama, I knew the identity of the culprit right away in all the cases. Not because I knew the American series but f. ex. I found the reaction of the probation officer quite weird and suspicious. Then the Reaper was a butcher, how could he let the man survive? For me, it was from the start suspicious. Sure he was injured but the way he killed the other men was different. He made sure that the men would only live until the partner was killed. So the profiling is not in the center any longer. What I liked in the original series was that it took a certain time before they gave a profile of the serial killer. Moreover, each person in the team gave an important aspect, while here everything feels rushed. 
  • Moreover, I got on my nerves the way Nana reacted, when they got hacked. Anyway, she should have never used the main server from the start!! HJ and LH had to help her in the end... So Nana was turned into a novice.
  • Finally SW's behaviour: she sees HJ with the file about the N. River murder case and she immediately suspects HJ which is so ridiculous. A killer would never have the file put on his desk aso. In fact, since she saw HJ's picture with the victim, she should have asked him about his relationship. But no, she suspects him. She is supposed to be a profiler.  
  • Then I had problems with certain characters: I don't know but I couldn't warm up to Nana, SW and LH. All this had to do with the writing.
  • My final critic is the acting (see Nana and LH). I even had issues with Son Hyun Joo's acting. I remember him from the drama Signal where he really impressed me but here, I found him too stiff, especially in the first two episodes. In my eyes, his acting improved in the episode 4.

In the end, I have the impression that this drama has been written in order to make LJK shine. I liked him in all the episodes because of his acting but he had definitely the better scenes and lines and to me, this is definitely a problem because the success of the original series was that everyone was important and had good scenes.

As conclusion, I won't post much here. Sorry if it sounds so negative but I can't praise this drama like others.

I'd like to express my gratitude and appreciation for everyone's wonderful analysis, input, reviews, explanations and most of all patience and enthusiasm.  I'm not familiar at all with CMUS as I explained, so I'm one of those viewers watching a drama that is absolutely new.  It is also a genre that I don't normally watch. I am a fan of LJG. I also enjoy MCW's work.  I've seen all of JG's past roles and it's why I am watching CMKR. For someone like me who gets weak at the sight of blood and can't stomach gore I'm ashamed  to say I have to FF through some scenes.  I do this with any show that gets a bit  graphic. Thanks to everyone here and there are so many I apologize for not listing you all, I give you my THANKS!!!!!  Your breakdowns, explanations, analysis and critiques has helped a novice to this genre truly enjoy the experience of CMKR.  We have so many here who deserve to be scriptwriters themselves with all the understanding of scenes, character emotions, actors depictions of their roles, editing of flow and managing of directions, etc. the list can go on. I could only hope that CM staff writers looking for honest input and reviews would look on this thread to get an objective and sincere feel of what they are doing well and if any changes could be made they consider looking here as a valuable resource for their yet filmed episodes. My computer is misbehaving so I'm going to stop, but please continue all your wonderful posts as there are many lurking here like me who are thoroughly enjoying all that you have to share. Yes, even the constructive criticisms and comparisons to the (US version) helps to have a better understanding and appreciation for this drama. I'll be here reading everyone's take on future episodes. Thank you for everyone's  amazing videos, recaps, gifs and help with newly uploaded episodes. 

@sscllccrazyThere is no shame in FF the gory bits, I do it myself. Like you, I am a big fan of LJG and I look forward each week to seeing him in action. Unlike you I have watched the US version and I got desensitized over the years which is why I switched from US shows to Kdrama and now I am back to my old squeamish self :D. I enjoy reading everyone's analysis as much as I enjoy the show itself, so I would also like to thank everyone on this forum. Cheers!

@sava2savaI watched the train episode again and you were right about the bodies, they magically disappeared. There were little editing errors that bothered me like when HJ got up after nearly getting shot and looked at MY to his right but then they cut abruptly to him looking to his left at SW :huh: I think they are rushing it with the edits. It reminds me of how MLSHR was edited to fit 20 episodes ... snip..snip..:crazy:

@bebebisous33 Hi my dear chingu! I read your post but will first rewatch the episode 3 and 4 tomorrow in order to double check all the details I may have missed. I want to make sure I put my thoughts on this drama overall for you too, and for the chingus here. I agree on your points made..and with other points you made too, I will add more of my insights on it as well. But for tonight, I will head to sleep first :wink:

Hi @bebebisous33

Thanks for the shout out. It's been a while since we've interacted on the same thread. Good to see you here. Sorry that you haven't enjoyed the show that much.

I think the show needs a bit of time to fall into place. It is suffering from the weight of huge expectations sadly although understandable. I like it enough to keep watching although it hasn't blown me away like some of OCN's offerings. I expect that each member of the team will eventually be given an opportunity to shine when they come under the spotlight. That process seems to have started with the Team Leader in the last couple of episodes. I can see why you think that the show feels like a vehicle for LJG but I do think that was because he was the latest addition to the team and he is probably something of a drawcard for international fans also.

@violina @vangsweetie637 @40somethingahjumma @bebebisous33 @zi4r (sorry if i forgot some one) thank you so much about your insights and your opinions. 

Especially 40 somethingahjumma, thank you so much for your answer to my question. BTW i do wonder how the reaper being an orphan and not wealthy (i guess) manage to gain medical and hacking skills

11 hours ago, hiluna said:

@sava2savaI watched the train episode again and you were right about the bodies, they magically disappeared. There were little editing errors that bothered me like when HJ got up after nearly getting shot and looked at MY to his right but then they cut abruptly to him looking to his left at SW :huh: I think they are rushing it with the edits. It reminds me of how MLSHR was edited to fit 20 episodes ... snip..snip..:crazy:

I don't think they magically dissapeared. look from min 08.30 on:  they were taken out of the train. besides they were negotiating before the NCI team arrived. When they got the phone in the train cabin they must have taken the corpses. 

@glassnokamen thank you so much for the BTS link! :heart:

44 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Hi @bebebisous33

Thanks for the shout out. It's been a while since we've interacted on the same thread. Good to see you here. Sorry that you haven't enjoyed the show that much.

I think the show needs a bit of time to fall into place. It is suffering from the weight of huge expectations sadly although understandable. I like it enough to keep watching although it hasn't blown me away like some of OCN's offerings. I expect that each member of the team will eventually be given an opportunity to shine when they come under the spotlight. That process seems to have started with the Team Leader in the last couple of episodes. I can see why you think that the show feels like a vehicle for LJG but I do think that was because he was the latest addition to the team and he is probably something of a drawcard for international fans also.

Well, I had no intention to compare it with the original version. However, the drama is not that bad that's why I'll keep watching this drama for another week and see where it leads. You might be right that the reason why HJ had more scenes was connected to his integration to the group. However, I would like to seem them more investigating the crime scenes and comparing to others so that they work together.

12 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

Our vitamin for today. Heartwarming chemistry, with extra care to child actors. Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won 's captivating smiles at the set.

not only off screen..look at how heart warming they all are on screen...

source image

animate output image

animate output image

Also this is the reason why these two need to work together again.Ideally in an epic fusion/fantasy sageuk or a serious "non-melodrama" modern romance drama:

tumblr_ou9g7xgmay1w2cbngo1_500.jpg

On 8/4/2017 at 7:37 PM, vangsweetie637 said:

There are some things which left me..sour. I haven't back read yet and I have fallen behind :( so i am not sure if anyone may share the same opinions as me: First, I apologize but Lee Han and Nana are not growing on me. I do not mind if HJ is given the special bond with children. In my eyes..anyone can have a special bond with anyone as long as I see the connection. LH..carries the essence of Reid (or is he supposed to be Reid?) yet I keep finding his characterization is off for me. At times..I am waiting for him to blow me away with his smarts, which will leave me jaw opened baffled. This is what I love about Reid..and if LH is to portray him..he is still falling flat on me. Also..Nana. I feel the writers are not using her IT skills to the maximum. The IT girl should know the most about computers and systems and yet she was really shocked when she got hacked..and panicked instead of using her IT skills to reverse the hacking. To me..both LH and Nana still has to allow me to connect with them. Their characterization is still inconsistent for me. Even so, I do enjoy Nana's fangirling over HJ and LH's skill of analyzing the scenes very quickly. 

Also..at the end..it shows HJ, SW and MY with their family moments. But why exclude Nana and LH? Didn't they feel the same sadness too when Hae Won died..so how come we didn't get to see their family moments..those rare moments that let us know 'don't take anyone for granted as tomorrow is not promised'. It is details like this that may make me feel LH and Nana are not as important as the other characters. Perhaps..they are just the supporting backbone of the team. Don't get me wrong. I know they contribute to the team. But my pondering is..if such is the case..why didn't we see their family moments too? 

Sorry to cut post. I realize there are only so many minutes and so many storylines one can cover in a 20 episode show, but I feel either the writer or the editor is giving Lee Han/Go Yoon the short stick for the first 4 episodes.  Either Lee Han had more lines (some of the BTS pictures make me think there were more scenes with him and KKH by the bus- (train incident)) and the editor cut them out or they aren't giving him many lines (4 words here....2 sentences there). If the latter is the case, I find it weird because I would think the characterization of a genius would be that he would inflict his assessment unfettered on the team whenever he could because knowledge is power! But this characterization has LH being meek. A quiet genius that needs to be mothered? Because his own mother could not be reliant for that herself?  (Other members feel the need to mother him was part of his character description)

NNH has had more revelations/lines in the series. (Her volunteer work, the hacking fiasco).  It is frustrating that they made her seem not capable of doing her work, but then again, not everyone is perfect and maybe that is what they are trying to show us.  Not every character can be the best...all the time. 

As for excluding LH & NNH, it drove me bonkers as well...but then I thought....maybe LH's scene would be lonely.  He would be sitting alone in his apartment, reading, thinking about his schizophrenic mom and that wasn't the tone they wanted for the ending scene. (But what about SW's tone?)  They should have put NNH back at the Children's home...just starting a volunteer shift and getting a hug from a kiddo or something. And I just had a thought...after re-reading LH's character description...he could have been in his apartment looking at CM team photos/old texts/get-togethers and lingering on a pic of MY and smiling. That could have been a warm tone. But it's probably more about time constraints. 

On 8/4/2017 at 0:33 PM, zi4r said:

Shhhhh..... Hubby is cooking and I can't stay away! :ph34r:^_^
(Also because a certain pixel wasn't answering me on IG chat. @pixelsticks RL or not, if you disappear, I'll hunt you down! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:)

Geez...I warned you all! hahahaha  I should not even be here right now.  

Thank you @stroppyse for explaining the scene to me.  It makes sense that that was KKH's fears of what "did" happen. It just seemed "out of place" to me.

@antoniaclamens Thanks for the picspam.  And I hope that doesn't count!  

Oh well I am week late lmao I was supposed to post my thoughts on the show for epi 1 and 2 then life got in the way and I forgot. I’ll just be brief and summarize my thoughts on the show so far. I can’t do essays right now lol (but watch as this post will get long lolol)

-I’m just glad they limited the CGI because the one in episode 1 were pretty horrible, and I know they can do better than that so don’t know what happened there. Bad CGI notwithstanding, I hardly think it’s enough to justify some of the outcry I’ve seen out there on the net. This show is not perfect.  I understand that there were high expectations since it was a remake or adaptation of a popular American show.  That show is still ongoing going through a 13th season, and the challenge is to try to fit it into 20 episodes. I know they were hoping for multi season in Korea too which is really ambitious of them because the odds of them getting the same cast is like eeeh lol Unless they just use different cast each time which is a little bit much imo. Nevertheless, I still love the show. That doesn’t mean I am overlooking what they are doing wrong like that horrible SW being ran over by a car not even full speed scene, she literally just went all the way over and yet the worst case scenario she had was an iron bar stuck through her body lol That’s the main thing that struck me.  I just find it funny that I did not see people mentioning it but just mentioning other things that I just shrugged off.  Do I really need to see how they remove some dead bodies off a train? Is it adding to the storyline? I saw the scene were the bodies were taken out of stretcher into the ambulance, so that’s enough for me.

-The show is indeed trying to get through some of the major cases from the original and fit them into 20 episodes. Then again the Nadeul River Case is clearly their original storyline since it’s tied to Hyun Jun.

-I admit I was surprised that the wife died this early. I expected at best not until episode 7 or 8. What made it even more heartbreaking is that the fact she was pregnant. I knew when they announced it in episode 1 and I was like “Dang! That’s cruel, bro!” since I knew what was coming.  So Team Leader lost two family members.

-I know some are sensitive on this subject then just skip it lol but for a show who claims NO romance, what’s with some of their scenes.  HJ helping her with her wound was fine. Her somewhat relieved but annoyed look after the train incident once he got up was fine too (though they gave me some Sawyer/Kate feel for some reason LOL) Then after they came back to the office, what’s with him looking at her then the camera panning out to her reaction when Nana said “Look at him smiling. He’s so handsome.”  We can’t blame it on bad editing. I have more but I’ll stop there or I will sound like I am delusional lol Maybe they’ll do it like in SF. “We’ll give you crumbs but you will see nothing onscreen” lmao

I may have more so I’ll add it later if I remember. Overall, I came into this show with a fresh mind just like I did with the Good Wife which was harder for me since I am one of the biggest fans of US TGW.  So I can try to see why the hardcore CM fans will be hard on this show.  You can’t be expecting a carbon copy of a show or the characters. Every actor is different. They will have different mannerisms or aura.  What’s the point of trying to imitate a fellow actor way of acting? To me, that’s not acting anymore if you can’t rely on your own talent to interpret a character. Only 4 episodes out 20 aired so give them time to breathe.  I also hope that the other characters will be given a chance to shine in their own. I’ll just be patient and hope for the best.

It’s been over 4 years since I last made a video so there is a short one I made for the show.  I feel like a newbie since it’s been so long lmao but anyway:

@antoniaclamens you are right, I watched it again and I did see the body taken out with the stretcher as I originally thought.  I caught it the first time watching it but missed it when I was actually looking for it :lol:. @sava2sava I take it back, the bodies didn't magically disappear. Looks like the editing is too tight, and I was wondering where the phone came from, so I guess they left it to the audience to fill in the blanks. 

Archived