[Drama 2017] Criminal Minds 크리미널 마인드

Admin

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The cast looks fantastic...So happy seeing Joong Gi in a present day type of drama,while i adore him in sageuk(i think he is among the best)i really missed him in this type of dramas as well...I'm also happy seeing him being courted by tvN so now i only hope the writer will do a good job with the script

http://koreabizwire.com/descendants-of-the-sun-producers-to-remake-criminal-minds/57095

This may not be accurate as of now...(written in June 2016) 

This is the first time the U.S. series is being remade for audiences outside the country, NEW said, adding it will ask “Criminal Minds” fans for their favorite episodes and ideas to create the first season of the South Korean version.

I'd love to know which episodes were voted as favorites. And if this was part of the actual script process that is proceeding. 

Disney Media Distribution will be in charge of distributing the series to countries other than South Korea, China and Japan, they added.

Interesting.

Yeay also very happy to hear the confirmation with this excellent cast and a proper network to broadcast it. I think it would have been a bit wasted on KBS.
Can't wait to learn more about the characters each actor will portray, and especially LJG's and MCW's :) I don't think he is in for the villain, he will probably be a member of the team. But who knows ~ Anyway, I'm very excited ! July, come quickly !!! :) 

On 5 April 2017 at 11:50 AM, sava2sava said:

@LyraYoo  Thank you for opening this thread.. I been waiting for LJG to star in something else besides historical dramas I read the article that he was considering and was praying they he'll do this drama and now that I see this thread opening wiith his picture it's a done deal.. Don't get me wrong I think no other can match him in the Saguek world but he wanted to do something else which I can understand that.. It's time for him to venture into something else.. I would love to see him using his sharp shooting skills in something more modern..  

Check his drama Time Between Dog and Wolf. He played a protagonist- antagonist role. It's a classic drama and great one. 

If he is offered a role similar to an adaptation of 'The Joker' Movie...it would be amazing. But In this drama as second lead or supporting character villain, I don't think it's a good idea.

I am waiting with intense anticipation for the July broadcast. I am glad it's coming much earlier than previously planned. :D

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2017] Criminal Minds 크리미널 마인드 Scriptreading 4.7.17 Friday
18 hours ago, Miky88 said:

The cast looks fantastic...So happy seeing Joong Gi in a present day type of drama,while i adore him in sageuk(i think he is among the best)i really missed him in this type of dramas as well...I'm also happy seeing him being courted by tvN so now i only hope the writer will do a good job with the script

I agree @Miky88  Last one of these dramas he did was two weeks and that been about 3 or 4 yrs ago so it's time for him to venture out into something else.. I would love to see him playing the villian in this one.. Just to see him do a villian role just once would be the icing on the cake for me.

5 hours ago, Uniform Victory said:

Check his drama Time Between Dog and Wolf. He played a protagonist- antagonist role. It's a classic drama and great one. 

@Uniform Victory  I did watch Time between wolf and dog.. Don't get me wrong love him in Sagueks but I wanted to see something new from him in a modern times.. LJG got good skills for a high action drama and this is what I wanted to see him in..  Also I would love to see JCW and LGJ team up together in and action pack series.. The ratings will go off the charts.. 

4 hours ago, sava2sava said:

I agree @Miky88  Last one of these dramas he did was two weeks and that been about 3 or 4 yrs ago so it's time for him to venture out into something else.. I would love to see him playing the villian in this one.. Just to see him do a villian role just once would be the icing on the cake for me.

@Uniform Victory  I did watch Time between wolf and dog.. Don't get me wrong love him in Sagueks but I wanted to see something new from him in a modern times.. LJG got good skills for a high action drama and this is what I wanted to see him in..  Also I would love to see JCW and LGJ team up together in and action pack series.. The ratings will go off the charts.. 

Yes I know. That is why I point some possible scenarios. 

Btw, Time between Dog and Wolf was a modern drama. Sounds like you thought it's a Saguek drama. Sorry I got confused and got you wrong there.

But since you pointed clearly that you were referring in this drama. A villain for this drama is definitely a supporting role. So why would LJG be in a supporting role? I am alos a bit confused on this one. I asked out curiousity, btw.

Does Criminal Minds have a villian who is consistent through episodes? Granted I haven't watched the American version (I plan on viewing a few before July comes around) but does each episode end wrapped up with the case solved? Is it a "criminal for each episode" or are there storylines that continue over from episode to episode?  AND how does that fit into the 20 episode Korean format? 

3 hours ago, sava2sava said:

JG as a villian WOULD be a treat, but my guess is he is one of the FBI profilers. And be still my fan heart if that actually happened!  An LGJ/JCW bromance/action flick?  Heck yes! If only JCW wasn't headed to the military soon. 

I am looking forward to seeing some new actors and actresses to me.  I haven't had a ton of exposure to Korean Entertainment.  

1 hour ago, Uniform Victory said:

But since you pointed clearly that you were referring in this drama. A villain for this drama is definitely a supporting role. So why would LJG be in a supporting role? I am alos a bit confused on this one. I asked out curiousity, btw.

@Uniform Victory  Yes it would be a supporting role and I know he's always a lead but him being a criminal master mind would be awesome with his skills..  I would think one wouldn't care if they were lead or not but I'm speaking on the villianous role it's self.. Villians roles are a lot harder then the leads role and with LJG acting experience I think he'll be good at it out smarting the cops.. I'm hoping he'll play one smart cookie here.. Since they works so close with the actors of the original from the US for a change well get to see some smart Korean cops instead of the dumb ones that I'm used to watching

16 minutes ago, pixelsticks said:

eck yes! If only JCW wasn't headed to the military soon. 

@pixelsticks It that time for him already I'm sure going to miss him for 3yrs..Maybe they can plan it as his return sereis. I don't know but the military seems to mature them a lot..

31 minutes ago, pixelsticks said:

Does Criminal Minds have a villian who is consistent through episodes? Granted I haven't watched the American version (I plan on viewing a few before July comes around) but does each episode end wrapped up with the case solved? Is it a "criminal for each episode" or are there storylines that continue over from episode to episode?  AND how does that fit into the 20 episode Korean format? 

I haven't watched ALL the episodes, but the show is mainly procedural : one crime a week, or maybe one story can continue on another episode but that's it. I think there has been some recurring criminals but there's not one big bad guy who is consistent like in the mentalist for example.

@sava2sava Nice thought. But LJG has done and  is already getting more challenging leading roles than any supporting character roles. What's the need to level down?

I would prefer him to get the Derek Morgan role. That's the only CM character that earned the series Best Actor award. Based on the  description, it's also the most complex character amongst the ensembles.

Lists ranking Top episodes of Criminal Minds:

http://www.ranker.com/list/best-criminal-minds-episodes/reference

https://www.thetoptens.com/best-criminal-minds-episodes/

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls058091748/

Oh boy...just reading a few synopses...is this show gonna make me cry?  

I'm trying to pick and choose how much I read...but through the lists...I did see the Reid character mentioned often in the best episodes.  It sounds like he has a very emotional role...which might work well/fit JG's acting skills. 

Anybody want to list their dream line up...from what we know so far?

20 minutes ago, pixelsticks said:

Anybody want to list their dream line up...from what we know so far?

If I remember correctly, the only cast that has confirmed role is Lee Sun Bin. She's the first confirmed cast (back in early February). It said that she will act as JJ. And Yoo Sun is most probably will act as Penelope.

As for LJG, let me make a guess.. he's going to be Derek Morgan. CW? I'm crossing my fingers (and toes) that she's playing Prentiss.

Thank you so much @LyraYoo for opening this thread!!! I'm so excited about the confirmed cast. And i love to see another Lee Joon Gi drama... It was about time. I haven't watched the original CM so i'm curious about the characters and plot. I'm also very intrigued about you discussing so many posibilities for LJG as a character. Usually there is one option for the main lead

Anyway i'm dying to see the script reading..

On 4/5/2017 at 1:21 PM, aegyoppa said:

Yey!!!!!!! Finally Lee Joon KI in modern world lol.

Another thriller drama, hopefully the story is more interesting than original.

Yes! I've been wanting to watch him in modern drama because.. the last  drama I've seen starring LJK was.....time between dog and a wolf.. something like that! Ha ha.  So happy to see MCW back on dramaland!  and I noticed LSB! one of my fav newcomers.

Gonna check this one one! thanks y'all for the updates!

On 05/04/2017 at 2:02 PM, bbong09 said:

They might style Moon Chae Won just like her Marie Claire photoshoot. Also i think her previous style on her role as Seo Eun Gi before amnesia suits the character too. 

That would be wonderful.I saw the photoshoot.She looked gorgeous.I know acting, storyline, directing, cinematography and OST can make or break a show and are the most important.

But people underestimate the power of visuals in dramas especially styling.I could be nitpicking or sound OCD here.The male styling is not always too bad only hairstyle can be a hit or miss.But how many times have we seen female leads dressed in less than desirable outfits that don't even suit the character description or personality.Like a lawyer or a doctor or I don't something any profession but dressing like a hobo or the other extreme dressing like a catalogue model in a hospital with bling bling.Or ill fitting clothes that don't suit the body type of the actor or actress.

Lets give good example:sageuk: Scarlet Heart Ryeo had one of the best styling and Empress Ki too.For example in SHR:

Haesoo came from aristocratic family,then a maid then a high court lady:dressed her like one and looked believable.Hair, Makeup and dresses were all on point to show her various changes.

8th prince was a scholar who liked to study:Dresses him like that.

3rd Prince was ambitious and greedy:give him a look that makes that believable

4th prince was an outcast then a prince who was laying his stakes in love and politics, then a king:Each look and hairstyle matched to show those changes.

Modern drama:The time I never loved you.HJW was a mid thirties career woman who was a senior fashion marketer I think, and worked at a fashion company.How did did they dress her?=smart casual appropriate for the age, character and profession being portrayed.

Back to CM, Both JG and MCW have strong mature aura and onscreen presence when they are playing serious roles.Maximise on this show and bring out their charisma to the fullest.These are crime profilers.This is is not a rom com where you have a "makeover".Dress style has to be on point for all the characters from the get go.You have a big budget so no excuse here.Dont disappoint me in this chaebal.

But regardless I am looking out for you CM.come forth.

@LyraYoo thanks for making this thread. I'm not really familiar with script readings and this is actually my first time following a drama thread from the very start. So is there any way to see the script reading for those who can't access tvn? or should we wait for the pictures and videos later?

Archived