larus

TVN DRAMA CIRCLE  클 (2017)

2017042601002339900169941.jpg

Drama: Circle: Two Connected Worlds

Hangul:   : 이어진 두 세계

Genre: sci-fi, mystery

Network: tvN

Episodes: 12

Director: Min Jin Ki (Blue Tower, SNL Korea)

Writer: Kim Jin-Hee, Yoo Hye Mi, Ryu Moon Sang, Park Eun-mi (co- writers)

Producer and creator: Kim Young-Hyun, Park Sang-Yeon

Release Date: May 22, 2017- June 20, 2017

Runtime:Mondays & Tuesdays 23:00 ( time slot previously occupied by "The Liar and His Lover” )

Production Company: tvN, Studio Dragon, KPJ

OST: part 1 곽진언 (KWAK JIN EON) - 같이 걸을까 (Walk With Me

part 2 유지 (U JI) (베스티 (BESTie)) - Alive (Feat. Andup)

Official site: http://program.tving.com/tvn/circle

Other sites: http://asianwiki.com/Circle_(Korean_Drama)

http://www.koreandrama.org/circle/

https://search.naver.com/search.naver?where=nexearch&sm=top_hty&fbm=0&ie=utf8&query=써클

Watch Online in Viki.com

Watch Online in Dramafever.com

Plot

The drama is a sci-fi mystery in which the narrative will unfold simultaneously in both the present year 2017 and in the year 2037.
'Circle' will draw the future society that was built on the basis of the master pole played by aliens in 2017 and the technology learned from the alien in 2037.

The drama will experiment with a new format, and plans to unfold in two parts: The first takes place in 2017, while the second will jump ahead to 2037. The series is set in a society where people believe that humans must control and restrict their emotions. Humans attempt to take advantage of the aliens who arrive on Earth, and the ensuing plot involves stories of alliance, resistance, and love. (Dramabeans)

Notes

One episode will contain two shorter stories, the first part set in 2017 and called “Beta Project,” with the second set in 2037 and called “Grand New World.”

SPECIAL BROADCAST on MAY 16 @tvN 11 pm KST 

Cast

tumblr_ols1bn7g9f1sdd1ivo10_r2_1280.png

Kim Kang-Woo - Kim Joon Hyuk

Yeo Jin-Goo- Kim Woo Jin

Kong Seung-Yeon - Han Jung-Yeon

Kwon Hyuk-Soo- Detective Oh

Song Young-Kyu - Han Yong Woo

Han Sang-Jin - Park Dong-gun

Lee Gi-Kwang - Ho-Soo

Seo Hyun-Chul - Hong Jin Hong

An Woo-Yeon - Kim Beom Gyoon (Woo-Jin's twin brother)

Kim Ye Joon - Beom Gyoon (young)

Jung Ji-Hoon- Kim Woo Jin (young)

Oh Ui Shik - Lee Dong Soo

Jung Joon-Won - Dong Soo (young)

Jung In-Sun - Park Min-Young

Yoo Young - Secretary Shin

Nam Myung Ryul as Yoon Hak Joo

Kim Min-Kyung -Doctor Park

Shin Dam Soo -Detective Choi

Posters

Circle-Poster-1a.jpg

Circle-Poster-2.jpg

Circle-Poster-3.jpg

Circle-Poster-5.jpg

Circle-Poster-4.jpg

Teasers/Trailers

Official Trailer
Trailer I
Trailer II
Trailer III
Trailer IV
Trailer V
Trailer VI

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kim Gang woo · Ye Jin-gu appearance review .. Kwon Hyuck-su confirmed

2017022309493880627_1.jpg

Kim Kang-woo is discussing the appearance of a violent-crimes detective in 2037, while Ye Jin-gu is discussing his role as a university student in Woojin in 2017. In 2037, Kwon Hyuck-soo emerges as an active and  impassioned detective. 

http://isplus.live.joins.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=21300069&ctg=1502&tm=i_ntr_c011

Kim Kang-woo offered tvN sci-fi mystery drama Circle

by javabeans | February 20, 2017 | 42 Comments

tumblr_ols1bn7g9f1sdd1ivo3_r2_540.jpg

Kim Kang-woo may be returning with another drama soon—hopefully one that’s much better than his last (Goodbye Mr. Black, sigh)—and has been offered a new sci-fi mystery drama Circle, which is being planned for a run on tvN. I’m glad to see a premise that sounds a bit different from the same old: Circle will take place both in the present day and in the future, and deals with alien visitors to Earth.

The drama will experiment with a new format, and plans to unfold in two parts: The first takes place in 2017, while the second will jump ahead to 2037. The series is set in a society where people believe that humans must control and restrict their emotions. Humans attempt to take advantage of the aliens who arrive on Earth, and the ensuing plot involves stories of alliance, resistance, and love.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/02/kim-kang-woo-offered-tvn-sci-fi-mystery-drama-circle/

News bites: February 11, 2017

by awcoconuts | February 11, 2017 | 83 Comments

There’s a new tvN drama in the pipes that sounds interesting: Writers Kim Young-hyun and Park Sang-yeon of Six Flying Dragons and Tree With Deep Roots will be credited as the creators of sci-fi mystery Circle. A short drama that will air in two parts, the first, titled Beta Project, will be about aliens landing in 2017, and the second, A Fancy New World, will be set in 2037 and will check back in with the alien visitors. PD Min Jin-ki of SNL Korea will direct. [Joongang, MBN]

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/02/news-bites-february-11-2017/

Yeo Jin Goo In Talks To Join tvN’s Upcoming Sci-Fi Drama

yeo jin goo

Actor Yeo Jin Goo is considering a role in tvN’s new drama titled “Circle” (tentative title)!

Previously, a news outlet reported that Yeo Jin Goo was confirmed to appear in the drama as the character Blue Bird, a mysterious computer hacker.

However, a source from tvN denied the reports saying, “Yeo Jin Goo is looking over the role of university student Woo Jin, who appears in the 2017 part of the story. We will give updates at a later date when the cast is confirmed.”

https://www.soompi.com/2017/02/22/yeo-jin-goo-talks-join-tvns-upcoming-sci-fi-drama/

Feb 23 2017

Yeo Jin-Goo offered lead role in tvN drama series “Circle”

Circle-11.jpg

Yeo Jin-Goo has been offered a lead role in upcoming tvN drama series “Circle.” Kim Kang-Woo has already received an offer to play a different lead role in the drama series. Both actors are positively considering their offers. If Yeo Jin-Goo accepts his offer, he will play Woo-Jin. His character is a university student in the present day. The story itself takes place in the year 2017 and in the year 2037. An alien comes to Earth and believes human emotions should be controlled or they will have no future.

“Circle” will first air sometime in the first half of this year in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/yeo-jin-goo-offered-lead-role-in-tvn-drama-series-circle

Yeo Jin-gu courted to join Kim Kang-woo in sci-fi mystery Circle

by javabeans | February 23, 2017 | 14 Comments

tumblr_ols1bn7g9f1sdd1ivo3_r1_500.jpg
Yeo Jin-gu

Ah, tvN’s sci-fi mystery project Circle just got more interesting, with a leading role going out to Yeo Jin-gu (Jackpot) for what would be his first (technically) adult role; he’s been transitioning out of child roles for a while, but actually turns twenty this year. The drama recently put out an offer to Kim Kang-woo (Goodbye, Mr. Black) for the other lead role; Kim is still considering, while a third actor, Kwon Hyuk-soo (Missing 9), has been confirmed for a supporting role.

I’m still trying to figure out exactly what Circle will look like, but I’m intrigued by its premise and its attempt at a new storytelling format. It takes place in both present-day Korea and in 2037, when people believe that their future depends on humans controlling and regulating their emotions. When alien visitors arrive on Earth, humans learn new skills from them and take advantage of them; what ensues is a story of alliance, resistance, and love. One episode will contain two shorter stories, the first part set in 2017 and called “Beta Project,” with the second set in 2037 and called “Grand New World.”

Read more http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/02/yeo-jin-gu-courted-to-join-kim-kang-woo-in-sci-fi-mystery-circle/

5 hours ago, Chi Le said:

The drama seems very male centric, guess the female role will be small since they announce all the guys first.

Yes, it is male centric. I am disappointed that they don`t create interesting roles for female. Both SF new projects have actors in the spotlight. I was hoping that in 2037 or in the future they would project the women being more proactive, taking more leadership roles.  Even the future is not optimistic. :huh:

But I am glad that we will see something new in kdramaland. I am excited for the new dramas. Hope they will be good.

The actor Choi Jin-ho will appear in drama Circle playing a neuroscientist who studies the aliens who came to Earth with the belief that human emotion should be controlled in the "circle" and that there is a human future. His character is a professor of science and technology at the University of Science and Technology as of 2017 and  he will have an important role in the development of the case.

20170127_1485477673_19594500_1.jpg?14878

http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=968617
http://tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/read.php3?aid=14879027271214472002

Oh yeah! my favorites! in one drama! I'm blessed! Kim Kang Woo!  And Yeo Jin Goo lead role too! yes please!

But it's sci- fi and experimental drama. I guess this will take out the comfort zone of the  viewers more used to  melodrama or rom-com.   Feels something like  District 9  kinda movie.

1 hour ago, jongski said:

Oh yeah! my favorites! in one drama! I'm blessed! Kim Kang Woo!  And Yeo Jin Goo lead role too! yes please!

But it's sci- fi and experimental drama. I guess this will take out the comfort zone of the  viewers more used to  melodrama or rom-com.   Feels something like  District 9  kinda movie.

Hey, Jongski, you will be watching this drama too? I am not surprised. :) I am glad for you that you have two favorites in this drama. It is another reason to check it. I really don`t know how the public will receive this new genre. Hope they make this drama intense/ suspenseful and interesting.

Kim Yoo Jung Clarifies Report About Starring In Upcoming tvN Drama With Yeo Jin Goo

Kim Yoo Jung

Kim Yoo Jung is not appearing on tvN’s upcoming sci-fi drama “Circle,” contrary to a previous report.

On February 27, Kim Yoo Jung’s agency Sidus HQ explained, “The report about Kim Yoo Jung appearing on tvN’s “Circle” is false. She has decided not to star in the drama.”

Previously, a news outlet falsely announced that she would be appearing on tvN’s “Circle” with Yeo Jin Goo and Kim Kang Woo, who are still looking over their role offers.

Stay tuned for more updates on the drama!

Source (1) (2)

https://www.soompi.com/2017/02/26/kim-yoo-jung-clarifies-report-starring-upcoming-tvn-drama-yeo-jin-goo/

I did not know that she was rumored to join the cast of drama Circle. I guess they are looking for a leading lady for 2017 part along with Yeo Jin Goo. Let see who they cast. Or it was just a rumor that she has received the offer.

Thanks for the update larus.  I'm glad it was turned down. I know she's one of the best but I'm not sure why I want some else. If it's  to match good acting..who else is closer to his age range and can act impressively? If it's not Yoo Jung ( then it's Sae ron or So Hyun- It's always just the three of them) But who else. I'm thinking breakout  youngsters from thriller Solomons Perjury. Probably Kim Hyun Soo. She's just 16 yrs old and impressive.

And Yep I'm gonna watch this.  I like the two actors ( though not their previous dramas). And when we think of good actors these two always comes to mind. Plus the story is something different.   It's something I likely will see in in J-drama rather than k drama. Question is will locals tune in. Anyway,  I'm happy seeing Kim Kang Woo back again.

56 minutes ago, jongski said:

Thanks for the update larus.  I'm glad it was turned down. I know she's one of the best but I'm not sure why I want some else. If it's  to match good acting..who else is closer to his age range and can act impressively? If it's not Yoo Jung ( then it's Sae ron or So Hyun- It's always just the three of them) But who else. I'm thinking breakout  youngsters from thriller Solomons Perjury. Probably Kim Hyun Soo. She's just 16 yrs old and impressive.

I am not convinced Kim Yoo Jung really received the offer but if she did and she decided not to take it, she has her reasons. I am fine with whoever they will cast as long as they can act.

I am intrigued with this format, a storytelling format with two important stories. I wonder how they will make a connection. There is this alien technology, we`ll see how the society will developed after the contact with the aliens but I wonder if we`ll see some characters from the past story. Is Woo-jin (Yeo Jin Gu`s character) who was a student back in 2017, in 2037? It crossed my mind that Kim Kang Woo would play the older Woo Jin but maybe it is a new character. It is only 20 years between the stories, it is possible that there will be common characters. I bet that the neuroscientist played by Choi Jun Ho will be in both stories.

I am really excited by the potential of this drama. I hope the writer won`t disappoint. Fingers crossed. 

Yay, I hope Jingoo finally confirms for this role! Well given he hasn't denied joining in, so I do hope things are going well. The plot really sounds interesting, although I don't know how are they gonna pull this off. I do hope it becomes a huge success as this really sounds so refreshing.

On 2/23/2017 at 3:41 PM, Chi Le said:

Jin Goo I love you but can you stop that cheesy hair style

The drama seems very male centric, guess the female role will be small since they announce all the guys first.

Hehehe he had that hairstyle cos he filmed a sageuk movie, and he has long cut his hair short.

32263860156_b7066e7563_o.jpg?w=646

On 2/28/2017 at 2:45 AM, larus said:

I am not convinced Kim Yoo Jung really received the offer but if she did and she decided not to take it, she has her reasons. I am fine with whoever they will cast as long as they can act.

I am intrigued with this format, a storytelling format with two important stories. I wonder how they will make a connection. There is this alien technology, we`ll see how the society will developed after the contact with the aliens but I wonder if we`ll see some characters from the past story. Is Woo-jin (Yeo Jin Gu`s character) who was a student back in 2017, in 2037? It crossed my mind that Kim Kang Woo would play the older Woo Jin but maybe it is a new character. It is only 20 years between the stories, it is possible that there will be common characters. I bet that the neuroscientist played by Choi Jun Ho will be in both stories.

I am really excited by the potential of this drama. I hope the writer won`t disappoint. Fingers crossed. 

I'm curious on how the aliens would look like. Also, it isn't far-fetched for Kim Kangwoo to be the older Woojin cos Jingoo is turning 20 this year and Kangwoo is turning 39... so the 20 years gap between the 2 stories do make sense. 

And yes to how are they gonna make the connection... especially they even made special names for the 2 stories: Beta Project and Grand New World. It really sounds exciting.

I know it's still too early to make assumptions on how the story will be like but... I have so many questions. So are the aliens landing on 2017? Is the hide-your-emotions (I really like this idea... kinda gives me the 1984 vibes) the thing that slowly developed itself to 2037? Is Woojin a psychology student or something or is it irrelevant? I want more news from this show please. T_T --> they're kinda answered upon re-reading the thread. Sorry I just got too excited finding this thread hahaha

EDIT: I just saw this XD

On 2/25/2017 at 0:13 AM, larus said:

The actor Choi Jin-ho will appear in drama Circle playing a neuroscientist who studies the aliens who came to Earth with the belief that human emotion should be controlled in the "circle" and that there is a human future. His character is a professor of science and technology at the University of Science and Technology as of 2017 and  he will have an important role in the development of the case.

So sounds like he could be Woojin's professor. 

A short drama that will air in two parts, the first, titled Beta Project, will be about aliens landing in 2017, and the second, A Fancy New World, will be set in 2037 and will check back in with the alien visitors. PD Min Jin-ki of SNL Korea will direct. 

-

One episode will contain two shorter stories, the first part set in 2017 and called “Beta Project,” with the second set in 2037 and called “Grand New World.”

So I'm kinda confused... what's it gonna be? I wonder how many episodes this series would have.

A.) A 2-episode drama with first episode titled as "Beta Project", and second episode "Grand New World"?

B.) Each episode will have 2 parts?

C.) Only one episode will contain the 2 stories?

3 hours ago, craptelly said:

So I'm kinda confused... what's it gonna be? I wonder how many episodes this series would have.

A.) A 2-episode drama with first episode titled as "Beta Project", and second episode "Grand New World"?

B.) Each episode will have 2 parts?

C.) Only one episode will contain the 2 stories?

I really don`t know. It is indeed a new format. From what it sounds, the two parts are very important. The present will unfold the story, how the aliens came to Earth and we will understand better about that technology. I am curious how they will present the meeting with extraterrestrial entities. They will be the invaders or it is a collaboration between them and humans. Some people will agree that this technology is the future of the mankind and they are willing to try this? Or they will study the aliens and will use the technology voluntarily?   In the second part we`ll see how everything evolved from that first contact with aliens, how the people will live in the new society. Obvious, things are not that great and there are humans who are not willing to use the "circle", they want feelings. They will resist this new society. I am very curious how this technology will work. Human are born with emotions. How they will control so many people? Some emotions do develop and mature from infancy through adulthood so how people will be if they are controlling them from an young age? Humans without emotions are like robots. What happen if this new technology will be eliminated? How they will function in society if they did not grow up learning to respond to these emotions? I am intrigued with this drama. 

About the two parts... 

1. It could be one episode in 2017 and the second in the future and after that we`ll see flashbacks from the past.

2. A few episodes in the present and then we`ll jump in the future.

Either way, I want a coherent story.

8 minutes ago, larus said:

I really don`t know. It is indeed a new format. From what it sounds, the two parts are very important. The present will unfold the story, how the aliens came to Earth and we will understand better about that technology. I am curious how they will present the meeting with extraterrestrial entities. They will be the invaders or it is a collaboration between them and humans. Some people will agree that this technology is the future of the mankind and they are willing to try this? Or they will study the aliens and will use the technology voluntarily?   In the second part we`ll see how everything evolved from that first contact with aliens, how the people will live in the new society. Obvious, things are not that great and there are humans who are not willing to use the "circle", they want feelings. They will resist this new society. I am very curious how this technology will work. Human are born with emotions. How they will control so many people? Some emotions do develop and mature from infancy through adulthood so how people will be if they are controlling them from an young age? Humans without emotions are like robots. What happen if this new technology will be eliminated? How they will function in society if they did not grow up learning to respond to these emotions? I am intrigued with this drama. 

About the two parts... 

1. It could be one episode in 2017 and the second in the future and after that we`ll see flashbacks from the past.

Wow, I love all your ideas about this! I've read about the part where the humans would try to take advantage of the aliens, and I'm so interested about that. I wanna know more what the "circle" really is.

I agree with you, 2017 will focus on aliens arriving on earth and 2037 on how they have come to adjust here.. 

I feel like some humans in power would want to take advantage of the aliens, and the aliens would form an alliance with some humans against the power that would want to abuse them. The no-emotions thing is really awesome and I really hope they pull off this premise. Like I said, this gives me the 1984 vibe. And I hope they would give the characters on this part to good actors. Cos these actors would still need to be able to show their inner agony or dilemma even if they are supposed to be forced to show no emotions on the outside. 

Also would the humans be able to show emotions in private? Are they being watched all the time? Is there a punishment if you show the slightest hint of emotion? As I understand they also got a comic relief character for the 2037 part, I wonder how are they planning to show the funny parts. 

2 hours ago, larus said:

About the two parts... 

@larus but this is just one story told in two parts? or two different story but same characters and will  the lead stars interact with each other? I wanna see KKW and YJG scenes together are they're both good actors and be nice to see their acting skills like banter / action or emotional scenes.

2 hours ago, jongski said:

@larus but this is just one story told in two parts? or two different story but same characters and will  the lead stars interact with each other? I wanna see KKW and YJG scenes together are they're both good actors and be nice to see their acting skills like banter / action or emotional scenes.

We don`t have many information about the plot. From what I understand, there are two stories but there is a connection between them. The first story generates the second. The problem is created in the present time, in 2017 , with the Beta project. In this story, Yeo jin Gu`s character, the student Woo-jin will take the central role in the plot.  The professor played by Choi Jin Ho will have an important role in the development of the case, so he will have an important role in the first part. The second part will be a continuation of the first part. It could be a totally different story, with other characters and probably, we`ll have some characters from the first part too. We`ll see the new world where the emotions are suppressed in the society. It is not sure what role Kim Kang Woo will play. We don`t have his character name.  It is possible that he is the future Woo jin because the ages are a match (and that makes the continuation of the first plot) but he could be a different character too. Either way, Yeo Jin Goo and Kim Kang woo will not meet on the same scene. 

But without all the pieces of the puzzle I may be wrong and not see the whole picture. We`ll get more information when they will confirm. 

5 hours ago, craptelly said:

Also would the humans be able to show emotions in private? Are they being watched all the time? Is there a punishment if you show the slightest hint of emotion? As I understand they also got a comic relief character for the 2037 part, I wonder how are they planning to show the funny parts. 

I wonder about that too. I am intrigued, that`s for sure. I have many questions right now. :lol:

Archived