Quantcast

4 minutes ago, ulliwuntsluv_at_yahoo.com_stv said:

OMG OMG yes!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it OH MAN the ending!! I seriously screamed for like fifteen minutes. GUYS oh my gosh.

Pleaseeee share the ending, my internet is really bad tonight can not watch the finale :bawling:

• Like 3

@silvianage This is the ending.

Spoiler

Sung Hoon gets the bone marrow back for soo yeon and saves sung joon before killing the chairman and dying heroically. SJ, Jang, Mi rae and soo yeon live happily. Not sure of the details without subs, but the ending is in the future where soo yeon has hair and goes to visit SH's ashes with SJ, Jang, and MR.

• Like 5

I'm waiting to watch the whole thing, but I've seen clips of it. This is one of my favourite.

Spoiler

Sung Hoon calls out to Sung Joon before his last breath.
Sung Joon, even though unconscious, cried.
This scene, breaks hearts, but I must praise that it was shot beautifully.

Anyway, @weris That guy is the real Director Baek who sells kids' organs.

• Like 3

OMG! I am damn late! Just got back from real life duties. I am going to watch the raw in probably 2 hours time. I read the spoiler.  I knew it SY is SH's weakness!

I will have my thoughts about the whole drama once I finished watching with subs ep 15 and 16.

@ulliwuntsluv_at_yahoo.com_stv@sia3@bebebisous33@larus@MiAmour @rhaps @bedifferent and the others who stuck it out here.  Thanks all. thoughts analysis updates.

I enjoyed this drama and Yang Se Jong acting talents. My drama choices never failed me. I'm glad I watched Duel all the way.

See y'all I hope Criminal Minds thread.. I hope. My thoughts bout Duel  later. I'm gonna watch raw in a while.

• Like 6

Im actually very undecided whether to be fully content with the ending

Spoiler

I was planning on rewatching the series since I totally fell in love with the plot and everything that comes with it, however, I now find myself hesitating.

I can't really watch Sung Hoon with out thinking how he actually lived in vain.

Born as a "mere clone", he went straight over to a very unsuccessfull attempted escape, only to be caught again and be used as a test object.

Then he basically was kept as a mere reason to get what everyone wants.

So eventually, in the whole series there was no room for him to feel sincere happiness even once.

Being traumatized by everything that was done to him it wouldve needed more intense moments much sooner, where he actually gets the chance to get out of this revolving hell he was caught in, but except for the ending, where Sung Joon finally got the opportunity to talk him into a new perspective (and we clearly saw the change), that never happened.

There was no space for recovery even once. Instead it got even crazier and he was subject to emotional cracks that got even worse.

Yes he died a heroic death and Im totally hyping that scene, but at the same time: Isn't it so very upsetting.

Living in a dark cave like this your whole live and then die only to be happy and feel joy for the first time because you finally got revenge.

Edited by antennatomars
  • Like 7

Songhoon-aaaaah... :bawling::bawling:

I'm really sad....uri Songhoon...huhu...

Spoiler

I was expecting that SH will be died at the end but keep hoping the writer will change it...that SH can live a normal life with his hyung and others....but yeah, I have to accept it eventhough it's hard...At least SH died heroically... :bawling:

• Like 5

I agree with you @antennatomars thinking about the life SH lived hurts my soul. 

Spoiler

Was also thinking how terribly sad it was that he had to die in a roomful of evil people and not beside his brother who loved him. 

I too was hoping for his turn to the light to begin much sooner and progress gradually. Never expected he'd go without one happy moment. Although it was such a powerful scene, can't describe my feelings.

i was happy with the ending because I was expecting both clones to die. Unfortunately I have to take what I can get.

• Like 6

Hi All,

I have just marathon the series until episode 15. This is one of the best Korean Drama I watched so far. So many plot and twist. Why is the thread not moving?

Looking forward for the last episode. I'm a fan to the actor who played SH, SJ and YS now. Hope to see him in more dramas soon.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, feyRa_SHINee said:

Songhoon-aaaaah... :bawling::bawling:

I'm really sad....uri Songhoon...huhu...

Hide contents

I was expecting that SH will be died at the end but keep hoping the writer will change it...that SH can live a normal life with his hyung and others....but yeah, I have to accept it eventhough it's hard...At least SH died heroically... :bawling:

I feel the same way. It's like something that was predictable, but you kept on hoping that it would never happen

:bawling:

My favourite is :

Spoiler

Every scene when SJ was worried about SH, and vice versa : when SJ told him how he was looking for him when he was a kid, then he pretended to be SH, so that the Sanyoung guys wouldn't find SH, when SH actually heard and knew that SJ was willing to sacrifice  for him, when SH was worried about SJ being experimented in the lab. Another favourite is when SH came by himself to deliver the bone marrow to MR and told Jang about SJ. Awwww .. yay for bromance!

Then when SH was shot, I was like ,"Okay .. he really died.NOOOOOOOOO!!!"

:bawling:

I was expecting SH to appear in the end, that he only faked his death, while the gank was visiting his 'grave'. I guess I just couldn't accept that one of the clones dies,after what happpened :tongue: . Then, SJ just had to put his hand out of the window with a bitter smile, like SH used to do. Seriously .. the writer just love to break my heart :tongue: 

• Like 6

I can't quite decide how i really feel about the ending. In a sense there was closure for all, the good guys are healthy and happy , the bad ones dead or going to jail. But yet there was something lacking , but i can't quite pinpoint what it is that is leaving me with this somewhat hollow feeling. Compared to its predecessors Voice and Tunnel, both of which i was entirely satisfied with, I am not quite finding closure for myself. 

Perhaps it's the fact the SH died...logically I should have expected it. Even if he did not, he would spend all his life behind bars given that he has so much blood in his hands and that would be no way to live. In this way , he died a hero and at least at the end they somewhat redeemed him - sacrificing himself for SJ. 

Overall, I have enjoyed watching the drama (thanks for the recommendation @Dhakra)  and the premise of the story was unique. I think some parts of the story could have been tighter and there were some parts that did not seem logical to me (like when Jang lost SH while chasing him, did it not strike him that SH would go back to his "dungeon" first? ) But anyway nit picking aside, I think my favourite discovery in this drama is this amazing young actor, looking forward to seeing him in the future.

giphy.gif

Anyway chingus, fun reading all your thoughts and a lot of your analysis has helped me understand the drama better. Anyone watching Save Me (the premise sounds good - cults and all )? I'll be watching Criminal Minds too but not sure if i'd be active on the thread. 

Bye to the actors of Duel, they did a great job!

giphy.gif

• Like 10

SH's & SJ's final scene together totally broke my heart. I do  have some mixed feeling with Epi 15 & 16.  Somehow I want more of SH & SJ scenes together & YSJ- I have highest praise of him for portraying SH & SJ characters.

At the end, my favourite character is still Sung Hoon. Thanks to  everyone sharing their insights here.

• Like 8

@bedifferentHave you watched the ending?

I think the ending was decent, not very special but just a good ending for a good drama. It won't make me remember it for days, but it will keep in my memory as the few ending that were acceptable. It's definitely better than Whispers or Lookout.

• Like 3

dear guys.
i'm newbie here. :blush::blush:
after long time i've been a silent reader for this drama, now i really curious about a few things.
when does sunghoon find out about sungjoong? :confused:
how does park sanyoung never know about sungjoong, while cha gilho is park sanyoung's right-hand man:confused:
what happen about sungjoon's memories after being abducted by sunghoon? and how can sungjoon lost his memories? :confused:

well about ending, it's really big big big lump in my heart when sungjoon visits sunghoon ashes. well i can't belive that writer choose to kill sunghoon after kill han yoora. :frown::frown:

weel after all, i enjoy this drama till now :blush::blush:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, palapalalu said:

dear guys.
i'm newbie here. :blush::blush:
after long time i've been a silent reader for this drama, now i really curious about a few things.
when does sunghoon find out about sungjoong? :confused:
how does park sanyoung never know about sungjoong, while cha gilho is park sanyoung's right-hand man:confused:
what happen about sungjoon's memories after being abducted by sunghoon? and how can sungjoon lost his memories? :confused:

well about ending, it's really big big big lump in my heart when sungjoon visits sunghoon ashes. well i can't belive that writer choose to kill sunghoon after kill han yoora. :frown::frown:

weel after all, i enjoy this drama till now :blush::blush:

@palapalalu Hello chingu....welcome~~ :blush: nice to meet you~~

Actually, there are a lot of questions, like your question that was unanswered... I also curious about many things like you...but the writer didn't give us the answer till the end...huhu.. :bawling:

And I already miss Song Hoon.... :confounded:

• Like 3

Hello everyone!

OCN did it again with another terrific thriller. While I LOVE Duel in general, I feel that certain parts of its story felt rather incoherent.

Sung Hoon was a psychopath and who knows how many people he killed. At least two guys (His initial partner and chief prosecutor) were murdered by him in his own house. It'd be nice to know what happened to their corpses or maybe discover a place where he dispose his victim. And it also felt strange that while he constantly injected the 'medicine' provided by Sanyoung, it was quite apparent that his condition was deteriorating more rapidly as compared to Sung Joon. I even thought that perhaps the so-called 'medicine' was in fact a poison (that works like Ruler: Master of the Mask's poppy pill) that Sanyoung tricked him into taking to keep him in check. Or maybe it was due to his self-destructive nature and alcoholism? It would have been nice if the drama had addressed this.

Regardless, I thoroughly enjoyed this drama and would love see my favorite ajusshi (Jung Jae Young) in more dramas. SES is also a girl to look out for and to those who are already missing YSJ, he's been offered to star along SHJ in a new drama! Let's hope he accepts it. 

• Like 4