Quantcast

4 hours ago, sia3 said:

@rhaps May I encourage and tempt you to pick up Romantic Doctor again? It's really good. I'll admit YYS's character is annoying/frustrating in the beginning, but he got better afterwards. His rivalry against Yang Se Jong is something to look out for too. True that there is not very many Yang Se Jong (but screen time & role played are better than Saimdang) because there are too many characters and veteran actors in it, but he really stood out among them and there are scenes of him I really enjoy rewatch his acting.

Duel's preview is seriously, how to describe, not making anyone feel better. Sanyoung keeps an eye on Han Yoo Ra all the time, so I guess that's how they find out about Mi Rae. If Sung Hoon can overheard the convo between Deuk Cheon and Han Yoo Ra, then anyone can eavesdrop on doctor and Han Yoo Ra & co.'s convo about Mi Rae's miracle recovery. It's really smart of them not to show us Han Yoo Ra too so we can agonise over the question of live and death few more days.

Hmmm..is Romantic Doctor that good? My friend said that it was good, but she has different taste than me sometimes. I'm more into thriller/action/ sageuk/ investigation drama.  Well, okay..I think I'll try watching again . I wanna know why people posted praises about YSJ there :tongue:

Yeah, the preview is not making anyone feel better. Instead, it made me felt worse :D . I've only watched Queen In Hyun's Man, as a drama written by this writer. It was unique and hard to guess. Now, I also dunno to where the story is going. And I havent watched Nine. I heard that it was good, but was the ending bad?

Okay ..now I'm scared :D .. What will happen to our clones???  . Seriously, me and other Duel viewers in other forum want to see SH-SJ in good terms and have a happy ending ! :tongue:

• Like 4

Parent-child dynamics fill this episode, from dysfunctional blood bonds to supportive “you crashed into my life through bizarre circumstances and now I feel responsible for you” family-by-choice bonds. Everyone still wants the original vaccine (which is closer than anyone could have imagined), although figuring out who most deserves the cure may prove to be a difficult moral quandary.

EPISODE 14 RECAP

Spoiler

duel1400039a.jpg duel1400145a.jpg

A motorcycle careens through the streets, and at just the last moment, Mi-rae pushes Doctor Mom aside and ends up being hit by the motorcycle herself. The unconscious Mi-rae is then rushed to the hospital. As Mi-rae is whisked away into the emergency operating room, Doctor Mom weeps and cries out for Mi-rae, feeling responsible for what happened. Deuk-chun arrives at the hospital just then to join Doctor Mom, Sung-joon, and Sunbae, as they nervously wait to hear about Mi-rae.

After the emergency surgery, the doctor reports that Mi-rae’s organs suffered a lot of damage and internal bleeding. The doctor gently tells Doctor Mom and everyone else that they should prepare for the worst. Seo-jin is the one who ordered the hit on Doctor Mom. Seo-jin worries when Motorcycle Man doesn’t pick up the phone and wonders if he successfully completed the job.

Deuk-chun sits by his sleeping daughter, who’s also still in the hospital, when he gets a call from Hyung-shik that they’ve caught the hit-and-run motorcyclist. As Sunbae, Sung-joon, and Doctor Mom sit in the waiting room outside the ICU, Deuk-chun finds them and asks exactly what happened.

duel1400250a.jpg duel1400270a.jpg

Doctor Mom tells Deuk-chun that the motorcycle was headed straight for her. This means it was probably Sanyoung responsible for the hit-and-run, but Doctor Mom says that it couldn’t be Chairman Park since he’s still waiting for the vaccine. She deduces that it must have been Seo-jin who ordered the hit.

Since Doctor Mom is the head of Sanyoung research, she technically works for Chairman Oppa. Which means that if Doctor Mom figures out the cure for Chairman Park, then Oppa will automatically inherit the company. Seo-jin likely wants Doctor Mom out of the way so Seo-jin could find an alternate source for the cure. Deuk-chun finds it unbelievable that Seo-jin would try to kill someone just for that, but Doctor Mom knows all too well that Chairman Park’s family are exactly the type of people to get rid of anyone who stands in their way.

----------

COMMENTS

I thought that as the show started to head down the final stretch, the densely packed episodes would start to thin out. Instead, here I am again, dizzy as I try to make sense of the fact that Mi-rae has already lost the mother she only discovered hours ago she even had. That Sung-hoon is firmly in the chairman’s evil pocket since he believes that Doctor Mom purposefully betrayed him (even though his inner boyish heart wants to believe that his “mother” loves him as much as she says she does).

That Seo-jin is realizing all her efforts to undermine her brother to gain her father’s respect and attention have been as futile as ever, so maybe she shouldn’t have tried so hard to save her father’s life (and then all of this would have never happened, since she wouldn’t have ordered Sung-hoon to kidnap Soo-yeon). That Mi-rae’s bone marrow might be able to cure someone, but only one person. That even though the clones live with the burden of feeling like they’re not “real,” the important people in their lives believe that they are (and Sanyoung can go to hell for treated them as lab rats). That I’m easily confused when Yang Se-jong wears outfits that are associated with different characters.

I’m also suspicious about Sunbae, who’s totally grown on me over the past few weeks and who I can’t imagine not being a part of this little odd-duck family. There was something sneaky about the way he had to excuse himself for an “emergency work meeting.” Not that I doubt he’s meeting someone, but I’m not convinced it’s just about work. He’s been loyal to Mi-rae all this time (and for who knows how long before she started investigating Sanyoung), but now I’m wondering if somehow he knows about Mi-rae’s past. It would break my heart if Sunbae turns out to be something other than the sweet, supportive, goofy guy we’ve come to know and love. I really need some genuine people in this show and in our character’s lives — people who have no ulterior motives except to be a friend.

Spoiler

I’m already grieving the loss of Doctor Mom, and not just because three of the characters have lost their mother/mother-figure. But also because it feels like there’s no way that Sung-hoon can come back from this. He shot the one person that he spent his life vowing to seek vengeance on her behalf, assuming that she was killed through Deuk-chun’s negligence to help them seek safety twelve years ago. He killed the one person who would be able to figure out a cure for him and Sung-joon, so that they could live as “real” humans without their cloned organs failing them. Even if he blames Sung-joon for it, Sung-hoon is the one who pulled the trigger. While I’ve been holding out hope that Sung-hoon would get his redemption arc despite all the other people he’s killed, I’m not sure if there’s a way he’d even want to redeem himself after killing Doctor Mom. Sung-hoon almost seems like he’s set on a suicide mission, desperate to take down as many people as possible who have hurt him before he ends his own pain forever.

Which is utterly heart-breaking to think about, especially since we know he wasn’t always like this. That glimmer of hope I saw in him as he made his way to the hospital to see Doctor Mom reminded me of the happy boy that chattered excitedly to his “hyung,” filled with wonder of the outside world. That joyful spirit has been utterly broken by Sanyoung and I definitely want them to pay in the worst way. But not by sacrificing Sung-hoon. Except, again, I’m not sure if there’s another way out.

Somehow, though, the vaccine must get made, if only to save the lives of Soo-yeon and the clones (because if Chairman Park gets his hands on it first, this show and I are through). I don’t know how the cure is possible without Doctor Mom’s know-how or Mi-rae’s body. But there’s just got to be a way, there’s just got to be! Maybe one of Sung-joon’s naps will finally reveal how Doctor Lee made the vaccine in the first place and Sung-joon can somehow recreate it and save Soo-yeon, himself, and his brother. And maybe Doctor Mom. Sniffle, sniffle. Allow me just a little while longer to blindly tell myself the bullet didn’t instantly kill her, and that she can still somehow be saved with the miraculously healing cure.

Read full: http://www.dramabean...uel-episode-14/

• Like 4

So basically that preview is telling us that DC will not die. If he was going to die they wouldn't show it in the preview, like how they tried to trick us for episode 14. But is DC really who anyone is worried about? They would not make SY so pitiful as to lose both parents. I miss SH when he was with SY. I'd hoped they might meet again but at this point that clearly isn't gonna happen, as SH has gone off the deep end.

No more sacrifices from anyone, please. And if you kill my SJ we will have a problem, drama! 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, jongski said:

@rhaps I know right. SH SJ and a happy ending. For all that these two clones have gone through.....

Yeah. Even Dramabeans hated the fact that SH had killed his own Mom. I think all viewers felt the same way and want SH to be happy too .

6 hours ago, ulliwuntsluv_at_yahoo.com_stv said:

So basically that preview is telling us that DC will not die. If he was going to die they wouldn't show it in the preview, like how they tried to trick us for episode 14. But is DC really who anyone is worried about? They would not make SY so pitiful as to lose both parents. I miss SH when he was with SY. I'd hoped they might meet again but at this point that clearly isn't gonna happen, as SH has gone off the deep end.

No more sacrifices from anyone, please. And if you kill my SJ we will have a problem, drama! 

I hope your right, that the preview is misleading. Oh, I'm also gonna hate the writer if SJ/SH dies ..:( 

• Like 4

Lmao those wrap up pictures are actually spoilers there were also pictures in twitter of the actors and the staff and it gave an idea of the following episodes 

yang sejong is such a good actor that I found myself searching for sungjoon in the group picture then i remembered that it's the same actor and sunghoon and sungjoon can't be in the same picture 

I guess Han yura really died In the preview we can hear the chairman tell mirae "you met your mother before she died" but I still have hope lol I'm thinking that she is not dead and they decided to hide her from sanyoung so that she can make the vaccine and escape from them.

• Like 5

Duel Characters' Last Greetings :bawling:

From the wrap up pictures, it's safe to assume Deok Cheon will not die. But 'Sung Hoon' being at the hospital does raise an eyebrow. Is he there as an imagination of Sung Joon or vice versa? Technically, Sung Hoon shouldn't be walking around freely by the end, lol.

LNPbmq5.jpg

Spoiler

OOSWoYD.jpg
hM4QT8O.jpg
GO8yGtT.jpg

• Like 4

18 hours ago, rhaps said:

Hmmm..is Romantic Doctor that good? My friend said that it was good, but she has different taste than me sometimes. I'm more into thriller/action/ sageuk/ investigation drama.  Well, okay..I think I'll try watching again . I wanna know why people posted praises about YSJ there

I think it is good - with solid, good casts and a good captivating script. Last year there are a lot of medical dramas, but only Romantic Doctor is truly the medical drama because the others start off interestingly 'with medical scenes' and slowly detered away from it and focus on romance or personal psychological issues etc. Romantic Doctors dealt with different medical cases each episode and through the cases, the characters learn and grow with it. It's a bit more like US medical dramas in this sense? That's how we see Do In Beom and others grow. Plus, you see a totally different Yang Se Jong. Can you imagine Sung Joon yelling at Mi Rae? :D

18 hours ago, rhaps said:

Yeah, the preview is not making anyone feel better. Instead, it made me felt worse :D . I've only watched Queen In Hyun's Man, as a drama written by this writer. It was unique and hard to guess. Now, I also dunno to where the story is going. And I havent watched Nine. I heard that it was good, but was the ending bad?

Dramabeans' recap of ep14 made me felt sad, especially about Sung Hoon putting his hand out the window feeling the wind. It's equally great and cruel from the writer to show us that. It showed us Sung Hoon can be normal too, and then the writer took it away with the shooting. Ughhh love/hate this writer atm, lol.

I think I finally got over the horrible feeling watching Duel's preview. At least from the wrap up, I can guess Deok Cheon, Mi Rae and Soo Yeon are well and alive. We just don't know which of the clones survive. Sung Hoon is in the group photo instead of Sung Joon. Hmm...but thinking logically, he shouldn't be in the hospital at all, he should be either at police station, jail or psychiatric hospital. After all he's done, surely the police/prosecution can't allow him to walk free.

The thing about Nine and Queen In Hyun's Man is that they are written by two screenwriters. The other writer wrote W: Two Worlds. So it's really hard to tell how the ending go now since we don't know which writer wrote the ending for Nine. Nine has good reception at the time it aired, even though it was on tvN. The ending is...up to your interpretation. It leaves you a 'HUH' - what is that suppose to mean? For me, I thought it could have ended a bit earlier, where everyone has a happy ending.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, maria9b7 said:

yang sejong is such a good actor that I found myself searching for sungjoon in the group picture then i remembered that it's the same actor and sunghoon and sungjoon can't be in the same picture 

I also searched for SJ-SH *LOL*, before I remembered that they were acted by 1 person :tongue:

1 hour ago, sia3 said:

Dramabeans' recap of ep14 made me felt sad, especially about Sung Hoon putting his hand out the window feeling the wind. It's equally great and cruel from the writer to show us that. It showed us Sung Hoon can be normal too, and then the writer took it away with the shooting. Ughhh love/hate this writer atm, lol.

I think I finally got over the horrible feeling watching Duel's preview. At least from the wrap up, I can guess Deok Cheon, Mi Rae and Soo Yeon are well and alive. We just don't know which of the clones survive. Sung Hoon is in the group photo instead of Sung Joon. Hmm...but thinking logically, he shouldn't be in the hospital at all, he should be either at police station, jail or psychiatric hospital. After all he's done, surely the police/prosecution can't allow him to walk free.

It looked like SH in the pic, but what if SJ is the one who dies and SH lives as him, in order to avoid the law? They have the same DNA and fingerprints, and if Jang and friends dont reveal the secret, then nobody will realize it, unless if they investigate him throughly. Well, I dont think the show will go that far, actually..but Jang asked, in the preview, SJ to be SY's guardian, while we saw SH was moved by SY in episode 9. I'm just considering the possibility of SH becoming SY's guardian too . I hope they both become her guardian, and nobody ends up dead.

Oh, that scene when SH let his hand out of the car window was so touching and sad. Coz I watched it after I read the spoiler (that he would shoot Mom), then it felt sadder. SH needed a lot of love, and that scene (and the one when he passed out and was tended by SY) showed that he was just an ordinary guy who was lonely and needed people to help and to care for him, inside that tough killer exterior. He was so pitiful. 

Ah, now I remember that the writer of W was QIM's writer too. So QIM had 2 writers, then they wrote their own story, which is W and Duel. I'm more worried now :tongue: . But almost all viewers literally asked for a happy end for both clones in websites that I read, so..yeah..we can only hope

• Like 4

7 hours ago, rhaps said:

t looked like SH in the pic, but what if SJ is the one who dies and SH lives as him, in order to avoid the law?

I had considered that idea with annoyance lol and I'm sure many of the SH obsessed people will like that, but to me that would be rather gross. Just because SH suffered more doesn't mean only he deserves happiness. Besides, if SH did do that, wouldn't he switch over to SJ's hairstyle? Lol

Someone tell me this won't end in a way that will destroy me!!!!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ulliwuntsluv_at_yahoo.com_stv said:

I had considered that idea with annoyance lol and I'm sure many of the SH obsessed people will like that, but to me that would be rather gross. Just because SH suffered more doesn't mean only he deserves happiness. Besides, if SH did do that, wouldn't he switch over to SJ's hairstyle? Lol

Someone tell me this won't end in a way that will destroy me!!!!

You're right, I didnt put my attention on the hair style

Well, it could also mean that YSJ acted as SH in his last shooting, but we dont know whether they were shooting in order or not. Which means, anything could happen :joy: *this doesnt make me feel relieved at all* 

-Edited-

I'm seriously wondering how SJ-Jang can break into Sanyoung's lair, in order to save MR in the preview. Do they get help from someone, like the prosecutor? (Or SH?) Or perhaps they use something to barter MR with, so that Sanyoung let them enter the place. Is this the prosecutor's doing? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rhaps said:

You're right, I didnt put my attention on the hair style

Well, it could also mean that YSJ acted as SH in his last shooting, but we dont know whether they were shooting in order or not. Which means, anything could happen :joy: *this doesnt make me feel relieved at all* 

That's right,  last shoot doesn't always mean last scene.  Again,  the production team are doing a great job making us wondering 'til the end hahaha... 

I'm so excited yet anxious for the finale. I just hope that the writer can give us at least a satisfying ending so I can wrap this series without a bitter taste.  While I am not a happy-ending-sucker type of drama viewer,  for this drama I'm turning into one. Blame it to our puppy Se Jong who's been doing a terrific job bringing the characters to life. 

• Like 5

Yes. I also would find it a bit weird if Mi Rae's last scene was her still in the hospital, unless we're getting an open ending or a suggestive ending, so perhaps the last scene filmed will take place earlier in the drama and therefore we know nothing at all. I'm probably overthinking things. Never been so nervous/obsessed about an ending before and I never want to experience this again. :fearful:

Also I'm kind of afraid there will be an open ending with only one clone alive and it's like "guess which clone this is." They'll make us think it's one of them then at the last second pull some trick that will make us question what we thought we knew. I'm scaring myself lolol

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ulliwuntsluv_at_yahoo.com_stv said:

Also I'm kind of afraid there will be an open ending with only one clone alive and it's like "guess which clone this is." They'll make us think it's one of them then at the last second pull some trick that will make us question what we thought we knew. I'm scaring myself lolol

That's gonna be the most annoying ending of all :D . If that happens, then I'm seriously gonna wait until the writer's next drama is finished, if I want to watch it :D . I actually imagine that they are both alive, but since SH has done criminal things, he vanishes and is no where to be found. We will only see him silently watching SJ and friends from a far, with a smile on his face, knowing that SJ is looking for him. Aww, but I really want my puppies to be together as a family.

Yes' @bearpaws, we should blame it on YSJ for performing too well *LOL* . His SJ is too sweet, while his SH is too charming and pitiable

@MiAmour, thx for the the translation. What regrettable points? :tongue: That makes me scared 

• Like 4

Is the PD/ writer trigger happy or something? Just watched eps 14 last night...and that was a mess!! Must they make SH kill the one parent he knew???? Isn't that too cruel for a man who has already suffered so much. Are they planning to redeem his character? To me SJ and SH are both worth saving. 

My favourite part of eps 14 was the talk that Jang had with SJ. SJ struggling with his identity was very poignant for me. And I like the advice Jang gave him. At least SJ now has a father figure (hopefully Jang does not die). Honestly i have no idea where the drama is headed, but I'm really hoping for a cure for SY. It would be a cruel blow for me as a viewer , who has been so emotionally invested in their father and daughter struggles, for her to die from it.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, rhaps said:

Oh, that scene when SH let his hand out of the car window was so touching and sad. Coz I watched it after I read the spoiler (that he would shoot Mom), then it felt sadder. SH needed a lot of love, and that scene (and the one when he passed out and was tended by SY) showed that he was just an ordinary guy who was lonely and needed people to help and to care for him, inside that tough killer exterior. He was so pitiful. 

I love the scene as well....SH feeling the wind on his hands like he did when he was young and the first time he saw the outside world.. aww.

I still want both SH and SJ to be alive.. and SY to get the vaccine.  That little girl also has been through a lot.  But I feel one character's about to die. I don't know how.. but  if I have to guess.. it's gotta one of the clones. I hope not.. but.....

And wow. Yang Se Jong. I mean really, what can you say about a rookie actor who has show acting skills playing multiple characters.  When everyone's going to the military enlistment here we have a young actor.. excellent one. He'll definitely replace be future of kdramas!

Can we have him as replacement for Kang Ha Neul in Bad Guys 2?...instead of that rom-com he's offered to star.  I really would prefer him in Bad Guys, I hope they offer the role to him.  But I think he's too young?  But anyway....

I'm anticipating  episode 15 and 16.  Please pd writer nim... make it a good  last two episodes!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, triplem said:

Is the PD/ writer trigger happy or something? Just watched eps 14 last night...and that was a mess!! Must they make SH kill the one parent he knew???? Isn't that too cruel for a man who has already suffered so much. Are they planning to redeem his character? To me SJ and SH are both worth saving. 

My favourite part of eps 14 was the talk that Jang had with SJ. SJ struggling with his identity was very poignant for me. And I like the advice Jang gave him. At least SJ now has a father figure (hopefully Jang does not die). Honestly i have no idea where the drama is headed, but I'm really hoping for a cure for SY. It would be a cruel blow for me as a viewer , who has been so emotionally invested in their father and daughter struggles, for her to die from it.

We know right.  SH is full of hatred feed by the chairman. Brainwashed by the chairman.  Telling him the mother left him to be lab experiment hence he suffered so much when he was young..  physical mental torture. I want SH to fee loved buy SJ.  I hope the writer will give us scenes of SH  and SJ  in am ore loving hung dongsaeng kind. These clones.. SJ was beaten, kicked so much during first 6 episodes of this drama SH has killed the ones blockling his way to getting the vaccines.  At lease I want  something touching and  wonderful to see with SH and SH.

And I'm with you, I also want a cure for SY. I feel that SH will do something grand for SY. just as I feel SJ will do something grand for SH. so  SH will sacrifice for SY while SJ will sacrifice for SH... the vaccine is the most important thing right now for the characters. whoever needs it most..... probably SY.

YSJ as Sung Hoon..playing as doctor... twice now as LSY and now impersonating a doctor at Sanyoung hospital.  so much talent this rookie actor. has show in this drama.   He deserves all that accolades.  And if I sound repetitive well,  repeat repost reshare something good from Duel

rt ctto

• Like 4

@jongski , oohhhh I'd love him to be in Bad Guys! He does look young, but perhaps they can tweak the script a bit for him, perhaps? Yeah, I dont really like romcom coz, usually, the characters and plot are easy to guess. I prefer him to be in a drama like this, although people said that acting in romcom gives you popularity. It depends on taste and preferences, I think.

I'm also amazed at YSJ being able to play 2 (3 actually) roles at once while giving all those characters their own uniqueness. Perhaps the best one was when SJ pretended to be SH. We could still see that he was SJ, eventhough he was wearing SH's clothes (and didnt he change the hair style as well? I forgot).  I dont watch many dramas, so I wondered who he was when I read the recaps. I thought that I've missed a good actor and wanted the know his previous dramas, until I realized that he was a rookie. Kudos to him!

I'm also hoping for a happy ending too for the clones! Too bad, the raw is out on Saturday. Is it because the story is not popular, so the raw file comes out longer than usual series? Usually the raw file can be accessed only 2-4 hours after a series airs

• Like 6