[Drama 2017] Duel 듀얼

larus

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ulliwuntsluv_at_yahoo.com_stv said:

OMG OMG yes!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it OH MAN the ending!! I seriously screamed for like fifteen minutes. GUYS oh my gosh.

Pleaseeee share the ending, my internet is really bad tonight can not watch the finale :bawling:

@silvianage This is the ending.

Spoiler

Sung Hoon gets the bone marrow back for soo yeon and saves sung joon before killing the chairman and dying heroically. SJ, Jang, Mi rae and soo yeon live happily. Not sure of the details without subs, but the ending is in the future where soo yeon has hair and goes to visit SH's ashes with SJ, Jang, and MR.

I'm waiting to watch the whole thing, but I've seen clips of it. This is one of my favourite.

Spoiler

Sung Hoon calls out to Sung Joon before his last breath.
Sung Joon, even though unconscious, cried.
This scene, breaks hearts, but I must praise that it was shot beautifully.

Anyway, @weris That guy is the real Director Baek who sells kids' organs.

OMG! I am damn late! Just got back from real life duties. I am going to watch the raw in probably 2 hours time. I read the spoiler.  I knew it SY is SH's weakness!

I will have my thoughts about the whole drama once I finished watching with subs ep 15 and 16.

@ulliwuntsluv_at_yahoo.com_stv@sia3@bebebisous33@larus@MiAmour @rhaps @bedifferent and the others who stuck it out here.  Thanks all. thoughts analysis updates.

I enjoyed this drama and Yang Se Jong acting talents. My drama choices never failed me. I'm glad I watched Duel all the way.

See y'all I hope Criminal Minds thread.. I hope. My thoughts bout Duel  later. I'm gonna watch raw in a while.

Im actually very undecided whether to be fully content with the ending

Spoiler

I was planning on rewatching the series since I totally fell in love with the plot and everything that comes with it, however, I now find myself hesitating.

I can't really watch Sung Hoon with out thinking how he actually lived in vain.

Born as a "mere clone", he went straight over to a very unsuccessfull attempted escape, only to be caught again and be used as a test object.

Then he basically was kept as a mere reason to get what everyone wants.

So eventually, in the whole series there was no room for him to feel sincere happiness even once.

Being traumatized by everything that was done to him it wouldve needed more intense moments much sooner, where he actually gets the chance to get out of this revolving hell he was caught in, but except for the ending, where Sung Joon finally got the opportunity to talk him into a new perspective (and we clearly saw the change), that never happened.

There was no space for recovery even once. Instead it got even crazier and he was subject to emotional cracks that got even worse.

Yes he died a heroic death and Im totally hyping that scene, but at the same time: Isn't it so very upsetting.

Living in a dark cave like this your whole live and then die only to be happy and feel joy for the first time because you finally got revenge.

Songhoon-aaaaah... :bawling::bawling:

I'm really sad....uri Songhoon...huhu...

Spoiler

I was expecting that SH will be died at the end but keep hoping the writer will change it...that SH can live a normal life with his hyung and others....but yeah, I have to accept it eventhough it's hard...At least SH died heroically... :bawling:

I agree with you @antennatomars thinking about the life SH lived hurts my soul. 

Spoiler

Was also thinking how terribly sad it was that he had to die in a roomful of evil people and not beside his brother who loved him. 

I too was hoping for his turn to the light to begin much sooner and progress gradually. Never expected he'd go without one happy moment. Although it was such a powerful scene, can't describe my feelings.

i was happy with the ending because I was expecting both clones to die. Unfortunately I have to take what I can get.

Hi All,

I have just marathon the series until episode 15. This is one of the best Korean Drama I watched so far. So many plot and twist. Why is the thread not moving?

Looking forward for the last episode. I'm a fan to the actor who played SH, SJ and YS now. Hope to see him in more dramas soon.

SH's & SJ's final scene together totally broke my heart. I do  have some mixed feeling with Epi 15 & 16.  Somehow I want more of SH & SJ scenes together & YSJ- I have highest praise of him for portraying SH & SJ characters.

At the end, my favourite character is still Sung Hoon. Thanks to  everyone sharing their insights here.

@bedifferentHave you watched the ending?

I think the ending was decent, not very special but just a good ending for a good drama. It won't make me remember it for days, but it will keep in my memory as the few ending that were acceptable. It's definitely better than Whispers or Lookout.

Archived