Drama: Duel/ Dual

Hangul: 듀얼

Genre: suspense thriller, science fiction

Network: OCN

Episodes: 16

Director: Lee Jong-Jae

Writer: Kim Yoon-Joo

Release Date: June 3, 2017- July 23, 2017

Runtime: Saturday& Sunday, 22:00 (time slot previously occupied by "Tunnel.")

Production Company: Chorokbaem Media

OST: part 1 매드 소울 차일드 (Mad Soul Child) - 악몽(Nightmare)

part 2 강시라 (Kang Sira) - 니가 있기에 (Because Of You

Official site: http://program.tving.com/ocn/duel

Other sites: http://asianwiki.com/Dual_(Korean_Drama)

http://www.koreandrama.org/duel/

Plot

“Dual” drama is about the story of a detective who got caught up in a shocking incident when he met a clone. Two clones of sad destiny are divided into absolute evil and absolute good and they had to face each other to survive. The hero gets caught up in the case and ends up wrongfully accused, and has to both clear his name while fighting the clock to save his daughter before she’s killed.

Notes

First script reading took place March 31, 2017 in Sangam-dong, Seoul, South Korea.

Cast

tumblr_opp897j3Tr1sdd1ivo1_540.png

Jung Jae-Young - Jang Deuk-Cheon

Kim Jung-Eun  - Choi Jo Hye

Yang Se-Jong - Sung-Joon/ Sung- Hoon

Seo Eun-Su - Jung Jae Young

Kim Ki-Doo - Kim Ik Hong

Yoon Kyung-Ho - Lee Hyung-sik

Lee Na-Yoon - Jang Soo-Yeon

Choi Woong - Noo Soo-ho

Jo Jae-RyongJin Byeong Joon

Shim Wan Joon

Baek In-kwon -

Kang Min-tae -

Lee Cheol-mi -

Park Tae-san -

Character descriptions

Jang Deuk Chun (Jung Jae Young) is a veteran police detective, who ends up making "just one wrong choice" in order to save his daughter when she gets kidnapped by the criminal.

He grew up watching his father, a landscaping caretaker at a golf course, being mistreated by his boss. He wanders through unsavory circles populated with lowlifes, but through a chance opportunity, he becomes a police officer. One day he gets the report of a murderer holding a woman hostage and is sent to handle the case, and although the criminal gets away, he ends up marrying the hostage.

In the present day, the villain is a human clone who carries out bizarre murders, removing organs after killing his victims. Somehow, our hero gets caught up in the case and ends up wrongfully accused, and has to both clear his name while fighting the clock to save his daughter before she’s killed. (Dramabeans)

Posters

Duel-1.jpg

Duel-2.jpg

(Other Photo from Official Site)

Duel1-105x150.jpg Duel2-105x150.jpg Duel3-105x150.jpg Duel4-105x150.jpg Duel5-100x150.jpg Duel6-100x150.jpg Duel7-100x150.jpg Duel8-100x150.jpg

Duel5.jpg

Duel6.jpg

Duel7.jpg

Duel8.jpg

Teasers/Trailers 

Official Trailer
Trailer I
Trailer II
Trailer III
Trailer IV
Trailer V
Trailer VI

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jung Jae-young returns with OCN suspense thriller Duel

by javabeans | February 13, 2017 | 19 Comments

tumblr_ols1bn7g9f1sdd1ivo4_r1_540.jpg

Cable station OCN has pretty much cornered the market on dark, slickly produced procedural and crime thrillers, but thankfully has also figured out how to give each one a slightly different angle so that they feel like separate entities rather than all jumbling together. This new drama, Duel, sounds like it’ll be right up their alley, and it’s got a distinct premise that’ll set it apart from the crowd: human clones! Not only that, but human clones facing off against each other in a figurative duel (and maybe also a literal one, who knows?) of pure goodness versus pure evil.

Moreover, Duel has secured Jung Jae-young playing the lead, which is great to see because he’s such a wonderful actor who’s done movies almost exclusively, and only ventured into dramaland last year. That was in the well-received political series Assembly, where he played a former welder who fought for labor rights and rose from his humble beginnings to become a politician in the National Assembly. This time, he’ll be taking on the lead role of a veteran police detective named Jang Deuk-chun, who ends up making “just one wrong choice” in order to save his daughter when she gets kidnapped by the criminal.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/02/jung-jae-young-returns-with-ocn-suspense-thriller-duel/

Jung Jae-young cast as detective in ‘Dual’

13194958.jpg

Actor Jung Jae-young was cast in the lead role of the upcoming OCN drama “Dual.”

The thriller will feature the veteran actor in the role of respected detective Jeong Deuk-cheon. The character is described as a rugged veteran in the field with a soft spot for his daughter. Eventually, the character gets pulled into an unexpected case involving human clones, having to go into pursuit in order to protect his loved ones.

The drama will be the actor’s first television role in two years after his appearance in the KBS2 political drama “Assembly” in 2015. He has in recent years been focusing on his film career, having appeared in two of director Hong Sang-soo’s films including “Right Now, Wrong Then” and the upcoming “On The Beach Alone at Night.” Meanwhile, the OCN drama is expected to air in May.

By Chung Jin-hong

http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/article.aspx?aid=3029787&cloc=joongangdaily|home|online

February 13 2017

Jung Jae-Young cast in OCN drama series “Dual”

Dual_Korean_Drama-a00.jpg

Actor Jung Jae-Young is cast in new OCN drama series “Dual.” The drama series will premiere sometime in May following the conclusion of “Tunnel.” In the drama series, Jung Jae-Young will play Kang Deuk-Cheon. He works as the chief of a serious crime squad. At home, he is a kind father. He becomes involved in a battle between human clones.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/jung-jae-young-cast-in-ocn-drama-series-dual

Jung Jae Young to Star in New Suspense Korean Drama ‘Dual’

Posted on February 20, 2017 by Kay

Dual Korean Drama - Jung Jae Young

We have a new OCN suspense drama coming up, and it’s called Dual. Dual is about a police detective who ends up pitted against a murderous human clone that has been stealing organs.

https://kdramakisses.com/2017/02/20/jung-jae-young-to-star-in-new-suspense-korean-drama-dual/

Someone has opened another thread for this drama. Hope the both threads will merge and I am waiting for more casting news. Jung Jae-Young will play dual roles, one is bad man (the clone) and one is good. I wonder if there will be more clones or only the protagonist will play double role.

Thanks larus for thread. Yeah.  Anything OCN crime thriller mystery, I watch.  Story is interesting with the clone thing.. human cloning.  wow. From Voice to Tunnel and now this.. I'll be waiting. Also wanna see who else will be cast for the drama.

1 hour ago, jongski said:

Thanks larus for thread. Yeah.  Anything OCN crime thriller mystery, I watch.  Story is interesting with the clone thing.. human cloning.  wow. From Voice to Tunnel and now this.. I'll be waiting. Also wanna see who else will be cast for the drama.

So many thrillers in 2017. I am afraid that it will be hard to watch all but I will try. :D

Human cloning is new plot in kdramaland. Aliens in Circle, new energy technology in City of Stars ... It is good that they come up with different genre/ plots. I am glad for that but I wish there are more prominent roles for women. I am curious what kind of roles they will play in these dramas. Probably is not a curiosity, but a wishful thinking. 

Who is going to be the master mind behind this cloning program? A mad scientist or a secret government project? 

23 hours ago, larus said:

So many thrillers in 2017. I am afraid that it will be hard to watch all but I will try. :D

Human cloning is new plot in kdramaland. Aliens in Circle, new energy technology in City of Stars ... It is good that they come up with different genre/ plots. I am glad for that but I wish there are more prominent roles for women. I am curious what kind of roles they will play in these dramas. Probably is not a curiosity, but a wishful thinking. 

Who is going to be the master mind behind this cloning program? A mad scientist or a secret government project? 

@larus so k drama hasn't done any drama about human cloning? Is it controversial subject in Korea? I know in some countries, it's not even  allowed as it clashes with religious beliefs. But this is drama so.. just fiction stuff.

I agree with  the observation, It would be  nice to see major roles  for  female stars and prominent story lines.  There are more male actors, I suppose. plus script writers always have stories centered on men. Plus, majority of kdrama viewers are women no matter what genre... they'll tune in to see an actor more than to see an actress.  For female lead I wanna see.....I forgot the name but if I see face I'll know. They're from the tvn drama Memory.   But here's wishing also  ahjussi I adore Kim Tae Woo can be part of this drama. 

25 minutes ago, jongski said:

so k drama hasn't done any drama about human cloning? Is it controversial subject in Korea? I know in some countries, it's not even  allowed as it clashes with religious beliefs. But this is drama so.. just fiction stuff.

I don`t remember reading about a drama about human cloning. I think it is the first drama about this subject. I remain moderately optimistic about this drama. I am not sure what it is going to be. It is just the unusual plot, for the shock value but a classic thriller or we can see a deeper meaning through this film? It has potential, but we know so little by this point. I wish is not just the time clock raise to save the protagonist`s daughter. But if Jung Jae-Young decided to take the role in this drama, it must be more. I don`t know why but the movie Blade Runner came to my mind. I wish something like this. I know that it is not the same futuristic setup but I want to asked myself seeing this drama... what makes us human? I will see what this drama is about. I keep my expectation low but hoping for the best.

The subject is generous. It is not only the religious beliefs but the ethical implications. The idea of cloning a human being became a hot topic.  I know that many countries had banned human cloning. But the idea of creating  a human replica is alive. All researches are suggesting that the practice of making a clone is possible.  Science fiction has used human cloning, due to the fact that it brings up controversial questions. It will be interesting how this drama will approach this subject. 

I read about a South Korean professor, Hwang Woo-suk, who claimed that he he had succeeded in creating human embryonic stem cells by cloning in 2005. But he was accused of fraud later. He was sentenced to prison for embezzlement and bio-ethical violations and cleared of fraud charge. So the Koreans have their real life scientist who could  inspire a fictional character.

2 hours ago, jongski said:

I agree with  the observation, It would be  nice to see major roles  for  female stars and prominent story lines.  There are more male actors, I suppose. plus script writers always have stories centered on men. Plus, majority of kdrama viewers are women no matter what genre... they'll tune in to see an actor more than to see an actress.  For female lead I wanna see.....I forgot the name but if I see face I'll know. They're from the tvn drama Memory.   But here's wishing also  ahjussi I adore Kim Tae Woo can be part of this drama. 

There are many actresses too. The major roles are for men and not only in kdramaland or Korean movies but everywhere. It is well know that the directors find very hard finances for their movies if the major character is a woman. I am a woman and I want to see power woman on screen. At least give me some bones from time to time. It is very plausible that women can be portrayed more driven in the future. But not even in the sci fi genre we can`t see powerful women on screen. It is just my little rant. :)

I don`t think a woman lead will be important in this drama. It is male centric anyway.

I am curious which actress you have in mind. The actress playing the wife or the ex wife? I am fine with both. Kim Ji Soo, the one who played the wife, is currently in a drama, I guess.  I think I saw her wearing hanboks in a scene, so she plays in a sageuk and Park Jin Hee was almost cast in an upcoming drama Housewife Detective.   I am fine with Kim Tae Woo too. I like all three. I don`t have a wish about casting. I know that they will come up with a good cast. The writing is crucial for me.  We don`t even know who is the writer or the PD at this point. 

• 2 weeks later...

And I'm also waiting for this drama along with Circle, Forest of  Secret, Tunnel, and Monarch

@larus I got confused with  Circle and this drama. I've been thinking.... what is that drama with cloning then.. then I remember. I guess because story and concept deals with something new and different.

I prefer Kim Ji Soo.  But  doesn't matter who the stars will be as long as  writing is good and acting and  production and all that makes a worthwhile enjoyable drama.

And I'm also waiting for this drama along with Circle, Forest of  Secret, Tunnel, and Monarch

@larus I got confused with  Circle and this drama. I've been thinking.... what is that drama with cloning then.. then I remember. I guess because story and concept deals with something new and different.

:lol: Just think about aliens= Circle and Dual= cloning.

Both dramas will air in May but drama "Dual" has few information. Except for the male lead we don`t have news for the other cast members. I know that we have the most important actor and character but who is the writer and the director? They have time to release more information but I am curious. :)

As you noticed, in the drama Circle, there is one woman and six male cast so far. I don`t expect a different situation for drama "Dual" but I predict that it will be a little better. I am excited for Forest of Secrets and Whisper because both dramas have a strong female character but I will watch the other thrillers/ crime shows like Dual, Circle, City of Stars, Tunnel as well. Adding the more light mystery shows like Mystery Queen and a few romantic comedies and I have a long watching list in the future.

On 3/10/2017 at 3:03 AM, larus said:

:lol: Just think about aliens= Circle and Dual= cloning.

Both dramas will air in May but drama "Dual" has few information. Except for the male lead we don`t have news for the other cast members. I know that we have the most important actor and character but who is the writer and the director? They have time to release more information but I am curious. :)

As you noticed, in the drama Circle, there is one woman and six male cast so far. I don`t expect a different situation for drama "Dual" but I predict that it will be a little better. I am excited for Forest of Secrets and Whisper because both dramas have a strong female character but I will watch the other thrillers/ crime shows like Dual, Circle, City of Stars, Tunnel as well. Adding the more light mystery shows like Mystery Queen and a few romantic comedies and I have a long watching list in the future.

@larus Hah. I'll remember that. aliens and cloning.  These will be new to local viewers who are used to usual genre dramas.

Yeah I see not much info  I'll wait for your update. As for writer and director, I won't mind PD or writer for Bad Guys ( they always do dramas for OCN) or MBB or IRY (aka Monster). But these were psycho/ crime/action thriller but excellent dramas and production (for me as least)

Oh.. also gonna check Whisper. I'm not familiar with City of Stars but I'll check that one as well.

Hah. I'll remember that. aliens and cloning.  These will be new to local viewers who are used to usual genre dramas.

Circle=like Stargate = aliens :D And dual= an individ and his clone :lol:

I heard that OCN are working on season 2 of Bad Guys so maybe the PD is busy preparing for that or he will do another show before BG2. We`ll hear more news soon about Dual.  May is not that far away.

City of Stars is another SF drama. It was the first SF drama that they have anounced and it is about astronauts and alternative energy, spys. The thread is open at Soompi but it is closed at the moment because there hasn`t been any confirmation of the cast yet. We`ll see how they will pull this off.

About Dual. Jung Jae Young will play dual role :D and he is the center of this drama. They will cast the roles for the wife and daughter but they are supporting I asume. I think it will be someone important as a badie, someone who is behind the cloning or who aproved the secret project. And I think we`ll have police officers, colleagues of the protagonist. I am curious about them. I hope for a good team. 

I saw on Naver that actor Kim Ki Doo is the second cast in this drama. I did not read any news about this. Hope we`ll find out soon about more casting news, about the writer and PD.

tumblr_omt27dgZOM1sdd1ivo6_r2_1280.png

Mar 20 2017

Kim Jung-Eun offered lead female role in OCN drama series “Dual”

Dual-tp02.jpg

Kim Jung-Eun has been offered the lead female role in upcoming OCN drama series “Dual” starring Jung Jae-Young. If Kim Jung-Eun accepts the offer, she will play Choi Jo-Hye. Her character is an ambitious public prosecutor. She is the one who gets Police Officer Jang Deuk-Cheon (Jung Jae-Young) involved in a shocking case. The existence of human clones come into play.

“Dual” first airs this May in South Korea (takes over OCN’s Saturday and Sunday 10 PM time slot after “Tunnel.”

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/kim-jung-eun-offered-lead-female-role-in-ocn-drama-series-dual

Archived