[JAPAN DRAMA 2006] のだめカンタービレNODAME CA

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

yvonne thanks for the awesome loong detailed summary(i love love)...looks like epi 8 is going to be an awesome epi especially the connection between between chiaki n nodame...ahh i just adore nodame..she's indeed the right person for chiaki...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, if the SxS won’t be uploaded…then I will come back to give more details. But now, I must go…to bed. My oh my goodness, 3000 words (6 pages) for this…how I wish I wrote my uni essays like this! :lol:

Wow, these 3000 word essays are so addictive. Yvonne, you're getting so good in these detailed synopsis that I find them as good as the drama :D At the rate the story is going, and that huge leap in relationship depicted between chiaki and nodame in epi 8, i have to say the plot looks far more juicier than the manga. Perhaps it's how the unnecessary parts are trimed off to keep the plot tight, i did not feel a sudden jump in nodame and chiaki's relationship when i read the manga. But the drama sure does show it :) I think it's about time fans started requesting for a second season... then perhaps we can catch it in summer.

Yvonne ... Yvonne ... Yvonne

Woww... you are absolutely amazing. I couldn't wait up last night for your summary and now realise that it's so worth the wait!

You make everything sounds so juicy that I can't wait to download the episode and witness the sweet scenes for myself. The whole idea about the"girlfriend" seat... whoopeeeeee

But poor Kuroki, he didnt even get a chance to say how he feels.

*sighs* at the end of it though, its sad but great at the same time to see the immensity of nodame's love for chiaki.

So, can anyone who read the manga reveal what happens next? The manga has like 16 volumes now (?)whereas this show will end at Ep 11. Only three more episodes of chiaki and nodame :o

No matter what, please do not have an open ended type of ending. I would absolutely hate it if like they are saying goodbye at the airport and then one of them turn around to say, wait for me or something :crazy:

Guest kodoque

Just like everyone has been saying....Yvonne...hontou hontou arigato gozaimasu!!!!!!!

It's amazing how all the scenes of the episodes plays out in my mind while reading your summary! It's so detailed!!!!!

thankss again!!! cant wait to watch this as soon as i finish dl-ing!

Guest renzu_oni

Yvonne is love :blush:

thanks for the summary! that made half of my week.

now i look forward to shinobu's screen caps and captions to complete it. ^^

I just finished watching epi 8. Love it! I'm surprised but Kiyora's playing improved a lot since episode 1. A lot of the shots look so real now when she plays with the orchestra. And though some of Chiaki's conducting parts are still not very in sync with the orchestra, i have to say Tamaki's conducting improved too since the last Brahms. They make me so excited. I have to buy the Nodame-oke CD later.

Chiaki --> he has totally fallen into Nodame's trap. She's pretty much indispensable in his life now.. though of course he would never admit it.

No matter what, please do not have an open ended type of ending. I would absolutely hate it if like they are saying goodbye at the airport and then one of them turn around to say, wait for me or something

Both of them should be together when the drama ends. It's just that there's more to their journey, and juicy bits too, that only a second season could probably accommodate.

The SMAP bistro links! If anyone knows of a subbed version, pls let me know, coz i'm pretty much clueless as to what they are saying.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=z-hbxCwtnVs&amp...ted&search=

It's hilarious watching Tamaki Hiroshi eat in the third clip. He seems very hungry coz he keeps eating large mouthfuls. He looks very comical when he has that dazed expression. Somehow, he reminds me of what the male version of Nodame would be, and i'm convinced that he could totally fit the role after seeing him here.

Guest dadedum

thanks yvonne for the detailed summary and webby for the smapxsmap link. from the sound of it this ep is the best one yet and is a great buildup to the climax. arghh i can't wait!!!!!

...watching smapxsmap, lol tamaki looks like he hasn't eaten for days. and shingo was imitating mine hahaha...

SPOILERS WITHIN!!!

I just finished watching epi 8. Love it! I'm surprised but Kiyora's playing improved a lot since episode 1. A lot of the shots look so real now when she plays with the orchestra. And though some of Chiaki's conducting parts are still not very in sync with the orchestra, i have to say Tamaki's conducting improved too since the last Brahms. They make me so excited. I have to buy the Nodame-oke CD later.

Chiaki --> he has totally fallen into Nodame's trap. She's pretty much indispensable in his life now.. though of course he would never admit it.

*sniff sniff*

I think I am the only one who's a bit sadden after watching Ep 8. I was on such a high after reading Yvonne's summary but was actually rather disappointed after watching it for myself ... (no fault of Yvonne's of course)

My reasons ...

1. There were too many stories developing at the same time that it became rather choppy. While I love all the side stories about each character Kiyora+Mine as well as Kuroki, it was like bam bam bam, one after another, thus not as much development as I would have loved to see. It's like, Mine was there offering a hand to Kiyora and WHAM, next minute they were in bed and she's already smoking!!!

Or when Nodame was helping chiaki eat/bathe ... WHAM next minute she's off running to the shops and there's even time for an interlude with Kuroki.

I would have loved to see the eye contact bit between the two stretch a bit longer, play up the tension/chemistry a bit ... I know I know, it would become so totally drama instead but I can't help it :blush: . Also, I was a bit sad that they didn't show his eyes searching for her during the standing ovation part.

2. I am sad that Nodame is sad. While Chiaki is changing for the better, he's lightening up and smiling more, Nodame is progressively becoming moodier by the episode. It's almost like the two of them are exchanging roles :tears:

Nodame is changing because of Chiaki but somehow, it doesnt seem such a good change right now. I mean, I don't want her to be ditzy for the rest of her life and also I love that she's becoming more serious about her music, but these seemed to be happening at the expense of her jovial, carefree self which is partly what makes her music so unique.

By the way, did anyone watch the preview for Ep 9 too? I was so sad to see Nodame cringing under the instruction of what appears to be a new teacher. She's also not hanging out with the rest so often, previews showing her mostly by herself.

There's also this bit when she was ultra fierce to chiaki - I am assuming that she's deliberately pushing him away for his own good type of thing??? And the part on the plane, I would have wanted to see chiaki clinging to Nodame rather than Mine.

Anyways, it would be absolutely great if someone can offer translations of the preview so that I can rest a bit easier before episode 9.

*teeth chatter* I can't imagine its ONE entire week before I can watch the next episode.

My apologies for such a depressing rant on my part ...

Guest dadedum

Those in Japan should go!! http://wwwz.fujitv.co.jp/nodame/topics/main.html <-- isn't this saying they're looking for extras to be part of the concert??! :w00t:

Some caps from smapxsmap:

smap1-1.jpg

smap2.jpg

smap3.jpg

Kimura teasing Tamaki for his dazed look.

smap4.jpg

smap5.jpg

smap6.jpg

smap7.jpg

Can't remember if Tamaki was choking on lemon juice or what he ate was too hot..

smap8.jpg

smap9.jpg

smap10.jpg

Partial translations:

Nakai: You two look very compatible!

Hiroshi: Really?

Nakai: You look very sugoii when playing the instruments. How do you accomplish that?

Hiroshi: Because I've never learnt before, I can only imitate the hand movements.

Nakai: Do either of you cook?

Hiroshi: Yes, I used to work in a restaurant's kitchen.

Nakai: Oh you worked before (becoming an actor)?

Hiroshi: Yes, until I was 22, 23.

Nakai: Really? Even after you became an actor?

Hiroshi: Yep.

Nakai: Both at the same time?

Hiroshi: Yes, I started working (at the restaurant) when I was 18, lasted for 5 years or so.

Nakai: Had to do that for a living huh?

Hiroshi: Yes, I had no choice.

Nakai: Then do you make breakfast in the morning?

Hiroshi: Um no, not in the morning. I prefer eating chocolate then. ( :lol: )

Nakai: Chocolate?!

Ueno: Eeeeeeeeeeehhh??

Hiroshi: Basically I have a sweet tooth, I feel very dazed in the mornings, and sweet things wake me up.

The rest of the time everyone just commented on how much Hiroshi seemed to enjoy the food

credit: miniforum.org

SPOILERS WITHIN!!!

I would have loved to see the eye contact bit between the two stretch a bit longer, play up the tension/chemistry a bit ... I know I know, it would become so totally drama instead but I can't help it :blush: . Also, I was a bit sad that they didn't show his eyes searching for her during the standing ovation part.

[some spoilers]

I understand that as viewers we long for more scenes involving the main characters, to see their chemistry stretch a tad more. However, judging from the manga standpoint, their relationship in the drama has seemed to evolved a bit more than the manga. If i remember correctly when kuroki was asking about Nodame, it was Chiaki who was shocked/appalled as to why Kuroki would ever like her. The scene enacted by Masumi was actually part of Chiaki's lines, since Chiaki was the one to counter-attack every single good point Kuroki spoke of Nodame. Actually I find that part in the manga very funny. Kuroki was saying how modestly dressed she was, and Chiaki countered it by the fact that she has been wearing the same dress for 3 days. Kuroki marveled at how polite Nodame was, Chiaki saw through it as an attempt to conceal her countryside accent, etc etc. All in all, when reading the manga, I always saw the relationship between chiaki and nodame as a one-sided relationship up until later on when the turning point came (prob epi 10 or so). I suppose the first season will cover that part and probably end at the part where their fates are sealed (sort of). Before that, it always seemed that Chiaki was merely putting up with her. Sure, he admired and treasured her talent but that was it. Even when he waltzed Nodame around briefly (which wasn't shown in the drama) on one occasion while she was struggling to dance on her own, it seemed more like he couldn't bear to see her clumsily struggling in front of him, and twirled her around just to get her over it. Of course whenever such a situation of close contact happens, it leaves Nodame blushing over her excitement but Chiaki, I didn't think he put a thought to it at all. It's only somewhere in Vol 12 where Chiaki looks into his own heart, and figures out how he's let her in bit by bit. As he recounted those events one by one, the first event is one that the drama has yet to show. So yeah, i guess the manga slows down the romance bit, but we see Nodame hopeful throughout the entire story, and also the length she'd go just to win Chiaki's heart, or just to stay beside him. That's one part that sets this story apart from others, the compatibility issue and the willingness to sacrifice for the sake of one's love. That said, I've to admit I skimmed through the manga mainly for chiaki nodame parts and might have missed some out. I'll leave it to the others to correct me where i'm wrong :)

Due to my limited Japanese, i only understood the first sentence in the preview, where Nodame insisted she wanted to join the piano competition.

After watching the SMAPxSMAP Bistro, i kinda hope Tamaki Hiroshi will get the chance to work with Takuya Kimura in a drama, as opponents. I can already see the sparks fly.

Thanks dadedum for putting up caps and partial translation. So Tamaki worked in a restaurant before no wonder why he chopped like a pro. :D His expressions while eating were too precious. I like his dazed look, his hungry appetite and how sometimes he seems clueless as to what goes with what. These things are like the sugary sweetness that makes my teeth ache. (I must admit after watching SMAP Bistro, my love for Tamaki increased significantly. :wub: )

Also I totally concur with Nakai that both look very compatible. There was a part near the end when they kind of ignored the SMAP members and talked to each other in a very cute way. I was like awww.... I really want to know what they said at the end too. :D

[some spoilers]

I understand that as viewers we long for more scenes involving the main characters, to see their chemistry stretch a tad more. However, judging from the manga standpoint, their relationship in the drama has seemed to evolved a bit more than the manga.

After watching the SMAPxSMAP Bistro, i kinda hope Tamaki Hiroshi will get the chance to work with Takuya Kimura in a drama, as opponents. I can already see the sparks fly.

ahh... thanks webby for explaining.

Yups, I did notice that in the manga (I couldn't resist and flipped through Volumes 15 and 16) their romance seems to be progressing quite slowly and I don't remember seeing many scenes of them together actually.

I guess, if they haven't decided to have a Season 2 for this drama, they would have to accelerate many things for the drama itself. It's kinda tough though seeing that the manga is not completed.

Oh yeh... I was also surprised to see that Kimura seemed to enjoy teasing/challenging Hiroshi in Smap Bistro. However, now that I am presently so into Hiroshi, I don't want to see him playing second fiddle as Kimura typically gets the male lead role.

I wonder if the show would end after Nadame finished her solo piano concert and they kissed in the manga, but it doesn't seem like enough time for just three more shows. I don't want them to end the series and leave us hanging.

Is there any word of doing a sequel?

nodame is so cute.

so is chiaki.

(i dont know their real names ^^;)

kya i watched epi 7... its getting better & better.

nodame is soooo funny - her walk? HILARIOUS.

and i love the part where shes like "cuz im your WIFE"

omgggg lovvveee herrrrr.

<3333 this drama. thanks to japaneseguy for the raw version of nodame and siantut of s-projects for the subs :)

Guest dr jung

on smapxsmap.. hiroshi seriously said nothing besides umeeeeee umaiiiii oishiiiiii.. lol.. oh and stuff about his baito. i read somewhere that he hates leftovers, which is why he eats basically everything to the end! so cute.. he was so focused on eating

Guest dadedum

:crazy: I translated the last part of the bistrosmap yesterday but it fell victim to the data loss :crazy:

I forgot who it was but someone posted earlier they were unsure of Ueno's reaction after Nakai's question. Yeh I didn't quite get it either, so here's my attempt at the last bit:

(warning: I took some liberty in editing the content to make more sense out of it)

===

BISTRO SMAP

**after the two have finished tasting the food, Nakai asked them to discuss among themselves to pick the winning team**

*Tamaki left the table and walked to the back. He then turned around and gave Ueno a weird look - as in 'why didn't you follow me?' Ueno was still sitting at the table staring at something at that point* (I thought this part was extremely hilarious :lol:)

Nakai: Tamaki is great! (as in, like a father looking after his child)

Tamaki: hahaha

**Kimura/Inagaki team won, and Ueno and Tamaki walked towards the front to promote the drama.**

Ueno (on the drama): What will happen in the end? Will their love blossom?

Tamaki: Up to this point Nodame and Chiaki had existed separately.. we won't know what will happen until the latter part of the drama.

Nakai: Well with some Japanese dramas, even after the drama has finished... (Nakai implying that the couple relationship will carry offscreen and Ueno and Tamaki will date in real life?!?)

Tamaki: *looks surprised and embarasssed*

Nakai: (still dwelling on the point) I wonder what will happen afterwards..

Ueno: *turns to Tamaki and utters* Yeh, that's true.... (is she hinting something? :w00t:)

Tamaki: *looks a bit taken by Ueno's response*

Nakai: Is Tamaki not good? (as in won't make a good boyfriend)

Ueno: Oh no. (meaning of course he's good)

Nakai: Isn't he good-looking?

Kimura then jumped in: Tamaki is a super nice guy! (how random)

Nakai: Tamaki is sugoii!

Ueno: That's because he doesn't get angry.

Nakai: *turning to Tamaki* We learned a lot from you today. *and bowed*

Rest of SMAP echoed: We learned a lot from you, thank you. *and bowed*

Tamaki then protested and looked all embarassed.

===

I think this is the second time that Nakai had seen the two together? First time at the game show (archery). Maybe he spotted some sparks flying between the 2 and so he kept commenting on their chemistry. I think they look very compatible.

Shinobu, I hear ya, I was all :wub: over Tamaki when I was watching this.

I left a message last night, but it's gone :(

Well, here's what I want to say in the message.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for all your "thank you's"!!! :) I am absolutely floored! :blush: Thank you for taking the time to read that freaky long summary!

Dadedum, thank you so much for your translation of the last part! I was dying to know...because I thought Juri didn't want Hiroshi as her bf!!! So sweet! Like I said before, I never see Nakai be so enthusiastic regarding "couple" guests. Like complimenting, and suggesting...it seems like he was hoping something would happen between these cute two in real! :lol:

Let's see how this would go...*keep our fingers crossed*

Archived