[JAPAN DRAMA 2006] のだめカンタービレNODAME CA

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Wow, I really enjoy reading all your insightful comments!!! Thank you, because I am too lazy to write down my own. :blush:

Muka, thanks for uploading the scan again! :)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

does anyone know where i can download this with subs? but like without downloading the subs seperately and without bittorrent or mirc or whatever T_T im so bad with technology but im DYING to see episode 3 of this drama after one of my friends introduced it to mee:(

Hey guys, I found a few more magazine scans from Memento (this is the link to the exact post on his site if anyone is interested, he also has some indepth reviews for the episodes so that can help some of you out if you want to know what really happens in the drama while waiting for the subs). I reuploaded these on Imageshack so hopefully it won't damage his bandwidth, so here you go :):

And this is a bit irrelevant to the topic, but I just found these commercials cute. They feature both Ueno Juri and Tamaki Hiroshi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW9w_UsCKT4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axqq4A5i4Us

Love the commercials. As for Memento, I always thought it was a she due to the titles picked on the blog. I was so wrong. :sweatingbullets:

does anyone know where i can download this with subs? but like without downloading the subs seperately and without bittorrent or mirc or whatever T_T im so bad with technology but im DYING to see episode 3 of this drama after one of my friends introduced it to mee:(

What you're looking for is the hardsubbed version and there are only 2 eps available as of now.

Guest crazyMuka

^ The hardsubbed version for episode 3 isn't out yet. I'm not sure where you can download it without using BitTorrent or Clubbox though *scratches head*...

Ep 5...it's bittersweet because S Oke is breaking up. Everyone is graduating and going off their separate ways. However, the scenes between Nodame & Chiaki were so sweet!

-Started off with Nodame's dream...she was playing the piano, and suddenly, Strezemann came into her dream and said her playing has improved. But it's still not enough...she needed to truly enjoy music, and to play music from the bottom of her heart. I am not too sure what Strezemann really said, but somewhere along those lines...?! (Please pardon my Japanese...I find it especially difficult to listen to this drama's Japanese...maybe too many musical terms and they speak too quickly.) Nodame kept on asking why...and wanted Strezemann to stay...however, he had to leave. She woke up, tears spilled out the corner of her eyes...and she wondered if it was truly a dream.

-Chiaki seemed to be smoking a lot in this ep. After the successful performance, Strezemann took Chiaki everywhere. First Shibuya club, then Kyoto, then some onsen, and then back to Roppongi club. He woke up on a hotel bed, with two ladies sleeping beside him. But don't worry, he didn't do anything. Chiaki was just exhausted from overpartying. Strezemann left already...and his manager thanked Chiaki...because she had never seen Strezemann enjoyed conducting so much as he did that night.

-Anyway, most members of S Oke were beginning to search for jobs, to go to interviews, etc. Mine and Sakurako didn't want it to end, since they were still in 3rd year only.

-Other members saw Chiaki and asked where Nodame was. They thought she was with him...Chiaki was kind of surprised to hear that Nodame disappeared after the night of the concert. He looked a bit worried too.

-Chiaki's ex wanted him back. But Chiaki was indifferent to her...he was cold to her, and obviously, he didn't want her back. The ex regretted what she did, and wondered if she had quitted music, would they be a better couple.

-Love the scene Chiaki paused right outside of Nodame's door. The way he looked at her nametag outside the door. Aww...he missed her!

-Nodame suddenly showed up out of nowhere in Chiaki's room! Freaked Chiaki out!!! She was a mess...and Chiaki was disgusted by how bad she smelled. I bet Nodame had not taken a bath since that night. Chiaki ordered her to go take a bath right away...and she said her gas got cut off again. Then Chiaki told her to use his bathroom...and threw her the clothes she left last time. Meanwhile, the ex was watching this, and was shocked to see Nodame in Chiaki's life.

-Chiaki made dinner for Nodame...but for the first time, Nodame didn't want to eat. She was so upset because she couldn't play the same way Chiaki played during that performance. (I am not too sure if that is the real reason behind her downward spiral.) Chiaki was worried, and pissed to see her this way...that he tried to feed her himself!!! Awww...he hated seeing Nodame so upset...so he told Nodame to go back to school with him and practice...until she could play the way he could.

-Love that scene with Nodame and Chiaki, back at school, playing the piano together. To tell you the truth, I am quite unsure what was going on that scene...because I didn't understand Chiaki's voiceover one bit. Sorry...maybe Webby, you can help me here, since you have read the comic. But I guess all in all, Nodame had played amazing...it shocked everyone?!

-Kirara (is that her name? the long hair pretty girl who will pair up with Mine in the next ep!!! Yeah! :D) asked Chiaki to make a new orchestra. She had gathered 3 other top music students from other universities. Chiaki accepted.

-Mine begged Chiaki to let him join Chiaki's new orchestra. Chiaki said if he passed a certain exam (?), then he could join. Mine was so happy that Chiaki was willing to give him that chance.

-Nodame still wanted to be a kindergarten teacher...and Chiaki was angry with her...wondered why she had such talent, yet not aiming for a higher goal.

-Love the scene how Nodame tried to hold on to Chiaki's hand...and Chiaki flinged her away. However, she came right back and hold on to his arm again. :lol: They are just so sweet!

-Chiaki asked Masumi to join his orchestra.

Next ep:

-Nodame's teacher is changed to that meanie teacher in the beginning. In the preview, Nodame got real angry with this teacher. But I have a feeling this teacher will bring her closer to the same standard as Chiaki??? Is that true Webby?

-Mine and Kiorara will pair up next ep...they were drunk and hugged each other in the preview.

I think that's about it...I can't remember what else happen...the preview went by too quickly.

But Ep 5 is a fantastic episode...both funny and bittersweet!!! Chiaki's hair was a bit too messy, too overdone this ep, IMO. But still HOT nevertheless! Nodame is her cute self as usual! Just love this girl!

Guest hamonrye

ooooooo this drama looks interesting! It has been so long since there has been romantic comedies in jdrama. The last one I have seen was HYD. I will definitely buy this when the DVD comes out.

Guest dadedum

Ep 5...

thanks so much for the summary! you mean episode 6 though right? can't wait til the subs come out. is there really still 9 eps? i'm already planning to watch the whole thing over again in one ago after the last ep comes out :lol:.

^ i think there's 11 episodes? i saw it in one of the japanese doramas magazines when there's a sypnosis & trailers on all the doramas..

thanks for the summary Yvonne~!! i've come back to the thread as usual on monday nights..lol.

i wasn't really looking forward to today's episode cos i've read the trailers..it's sad that everyone's thinking about the future and stuff and S-oke is splitting only after 2 perf!

i feel sad for mine-kun & sakurako cos they r still 3rd-year..the disappintment. =(

but all the nodame-chiaki moments are sooo cute!

i could soooo imagine chiaki forcing nodame to eat!! :wub:

well nodame was the one that made chiaki realise there are still many great talents here in japan, and the one who saved him from giving up music..so i think chiaki have faith in her that she could do as well too!

btw i think her name's chiyora? i cant really remember it too..LOL.

oooh cant wait for mine-kun to be with her the next ep~~!!

and btw, i just got my manga this afternoon~

hopefully i can catch up with the speed of the doram in time~

Guest crazyMuka

thanks for the review once again, Yvonne! The drama is going way faster than I had imagined with a few changes in events here and there but nothing major. I just can't believe that we are half way through this drama already, it seems like it was just last week that I saw the first episode. The breaking up of the S-Oke makes me sad as well, but I think it's very realistic... it's life and everybody has to move on. There's one major scene I want to see included in this drama that has a lot to do with Chiaki and his personal life, but it seems like they did not add that scene in ep 6, which was such a disappointment to me, but well, perhaps they will later on *I do hope so >___<*.

Guest aikomidori

Thank you for the summary Yvonne!! It is sad that people are moving on..but a new orchestra is exciting!! I can't wait to watch all the ChiakixNodame momentssss :wub: And I want to watch Kiyora and Mine getting together too! I think those two would make a cute couple lol~

-Love that scene with Nodame and Chiaki, back at school, playing the piano together. To tell you the truth, I am quite unsure what was going on that scene...because I didn't understand Chiaki's voiceover one bit. Sorry...maybe Webby, you can help me here, since you have read the comic. But I guess all in all, Nodame had played amazing...it shocked everyone?!

spoiler (highlight to read)

in the manga, nodame appeared all dirty and had no appetite. eversince she heard chiaki performed the Rachmaninoff piece, she practiced hard, and she told chiaki she wanted to perform just like him. Chiaki told her she can't, coz she doesn't even play according to the score, much less perform in tandem with an entire orchestra. Then nodame told him she has memorized the piece when she heard him play and she was certain she can handle it. So Chiaki took her to school and told her to prove it. Chiaki played the orchestra part on the piano while nodame played the part chiaki originally performed. And nodame with her usual playing style tends to accelerate, and demonstrated extraordinary playing skills. The piano teacher (the one who hit chiaki in the head) overheard her play and I guess he was pleasantly surprised. And that kinda led to the preview for epi 7 where he wanted her as his pupil. There's gonna be a pretty funny part where that teacher tries to coerce nodame to study under him which our heroine refuses.

Guest kodoque

waaaaaaaahh...episode 6 was soo good.

i am so sad for nodame in the beginning. so happy that chiaki cares so much about her . the feeding her part are just too cute. :P .

oh yeah..the three new students that's going to be in the new orchestra with chiaki and kiyora are cute!!!

especially the oboe and the cello player! hope to see them have more screen time :blush:

Guest crazyMuka

waaaaaaaahh...episode 6 was soo good.

i am so sad for nodame in the beginning. so happy that chiaki cares so much about her . the feeding her part are just too cute. :P .

oh yeah..the three new students that's going to be in the new orchestra with chiaki and kiyora are cute!!!

especially the oboe and the cello player! hope to see them have more screen time :blush:

Yea, the oboe and cello players are pretty good looking, and the violin one is funny. His relationship with Mine-kun in the manga is hilarious :rolleyes: . I think they're going to have a little more screen time next ep or so because they're in Chiaki's new orchestra. Honestly, I can't wait to see the part where SPOILER ALERT (for event that has not appeared in the drama yet) the oboe player develops a crush on Nodame, he's really cute XD. I don't know if they're going to include that or not though, but I sooooo hope they will :D.

Here's the image of them I hijacked from MHfans at D-addicts.

nodameep062bm0.jpg

Anyways, bishonens love aside, I really really enjoyed episode 6. I guess I love every part wherethe S-oke's members are together. And the moments between Chiaki and Nodame are just so sweet. I'm working on a wallpaper right now so I'm kinda lazy to write my thoughts longer, but I just have to comment a little about episode 6 because I really like it :lol: .

Guest christiane

^ I believe that Ms. Ueno (who plays Nodame) did study piano when she was younger, plus, she said in an interview that she had 6 months to practice the pieces that she was supposed to play in the drama, so I can safely assume that she did play a little. But, I'm not very sure about Chiaki and the rest of the cast. Their ways of playing look very fake, esp. Mine's and Masumi's. If you noticed in episode 2 when Mine performed for his exam, his fingers sometimes didn't match up with the music, and his bow didn't even touch the violin. So my point is that, yes, the cast did play a little (you can see them practicing playing their respective instruments in one of the interviews), but just enough to appear convincing to the viewers; the rest is up to the directors :D. Btw, I don't like Chiaki's way of conducting, it looks so... forced -____-; His "fake" piano performance in ep 5 was pretty convincing though. The placement of the fingers, the tempo, everything matched. If only he would relaxed his expressions a little and shows us that at least he enjoys playing it then it would be even nicer, hehe xD.

I have to say Chiaki did a pretty convincing job when he played the violin in one of the earlier episodes. Even the vibratos look real to me. But of course it might just be superb video editing skills. Mine's fingers didn't match quite well while he was retaking his violin exam, but in certain episodes, his bowing methods looked alright.

arff thank you guys i noticed nothing ...maybe too focus on the music..i have to rewatch the play part again then.......and i wonder how they can learn so fast doing their vibrato...maybe i was really bad when i was 12 but it took me one year to do a nice vibrato....well even if it is fake the actors is really doing a nice acting cos some drama are really too... :sweatingbullets: ..it is like in rondo ..i was like splitting my coffee out or green forest (even if i focus on owen only) :blush:

anyway i really admit i was bluffed...

hmmmm...i passed by chapters last time and i saw that 7 chapters translate in english of the manga is out...maybe a nice gift for xmas :lol:

Guest crazyMuka

I made a wallpaper for this drama, it's very simple -_____-; It took me quite a while to find the right scenes to take the screencaps of, I could have added more pics if I didn't get frustrated with taking caps, lolz. Anyways, there're two versions of this wallpaper: 800x600 and 1024x768, feel free to use if you like...

wallthumblc8.jpg

800x600 || 1024x768

Also, I found some magazine pics of Koide who plays the role of Masumi at this blog while I was browsing around, figured I'd post them here as well in case somebody is interested :D. In real life, this guy doesn't look too bad :).

200612duetmelonqg2mw8.th.jpg 200612duetmelon2os9eu3.th.jpg popolo200611melon3kp4mq6.th.jpg

Credits: Melo(n)dramatic

Archived