[JAPAN DRAMA 2006] のだめカンタービレNODAME CA

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Third chance: success!

0432zs9.th.jpg

looking at this right here, they must have taken it more than once, coz in the epi4, one shot showed her landing the kiss just right next to the side of his lips.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest aikomidori

Nodame isn't on Youtube because Fuji TV asked Youtube to remove all those vids. I'm just glad I can still watch it through other means you know.

Ah, is that so? Well, I'm also glad that I can still watch Nodame :) Not to mention I learned how to watch videos with soft subs for the first time :D

Guest dadedum

I downloaded all 4 eps yesterday and finished them in one go! I never read the manga so I had no idea what the drama's about, but I'm so in love with it now! Everyone's well casted, especially Tamaki Hiroshi :wub:. I first saw him in "Last Christmas" and my impression back then was: "Wah this guy is hot he should be the lead instead of Oda Yuji." So now justice's finally done :lol:.

Sailorprinzess - I'm stealing one of your gifs if you don't mind :blush:.

The camera returned to the "sleeping" Chiaki, his voice over (I am not sure what he really said, except the part about stupid, but I gather it's something like this), "Baka (Stupid). Of course I know about it." Or something to that effect. That means he knew that Nodame was going to kiss him...and he let her!!! So sweet and cute!

I watched it with Chinese subs and basically Chiaki said "baka, it's a reward for what you did, just this once", something like that.. Swwwwweeeeeeeeeet. I can't wait til ep 5. Is it true that there's only gonna be 9 eps?

The first time I read the manga, it surprised me at how easily the two got along, even from their first encounter. There was absolutely no awkward moments between the two, they fought and got along so well like they were destined to be soulmates or something. No matter how much Chiaki complained about Nodame's presence, he did nothing serious to get rid of her. What I like about this manga/drama is that the two main characters learn from each other bit by bit and change themselves little by little. It's very subtle behind all the wacky humour and slapstick comedy, but it's there and that's why I like it so much.

I agree completely. I like how they make this relationship non-uncomplicated, if you know what I mean...

Btw here're lists of the music pieces used in the drama:

- http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Nodame_Cantabile (english), scroll to the bottom

- http://www.geocities.jp/nodame_drama_music/ (japanese)

looking at this right here, they must have taken it more than once, coz in the epi4, one shot showed her landing the kiss just right next to the side of his lips.

I'm sure they took more than once because they need to show different angles. All I can say is the girl is lucky (since she gets to 'harass' Tamaki so many times.) :D

Ok, just watched Ep 5!

And it's good like always, but it's more serious than usual. And somehow, it left me a bit sad and worried for Nodame & Chiaki's future!

Also, after this ep, I began to like Stressemen...I even feel sorry for him. I think he's actually a great guy...who's devoted to this one lady almost half his life. But after he gave the watch to Nodame, I think he might be able to finally let go...and fall in love again?! It's great that he also wants Chiaki & Nodame together...awww....

Gotta say I :wub: Nodame's clothes!!! She's just adorable!!!

Chiaki looks so yummy in the tux...and it's just cute how he's so used to having Nodame being in his life now! Hehehehe...from the looks of it, he basically cooks dinner for her every night, and lets her come into his house almost whenever Nodame asks to. :wub::wub: So sweet!!!

BUT...I have a bad feeling that long hair girl (who Mine has a little crush on, and in charge of the A group) is beginning to have a crush on Chiaki too. Though I can't be sure...webby, am I right? Is it in the comic too?

Well, basically, that's it...after Stressemen telling Nodame that she couldn't be with Chiaki...she became real sad (me too), and realized she must practice more, playing the piano.

The next episode will basically be concentrated on persuading Chiaki to go overseas to study music. Also, Chiaki's ex wants him back...so it seems. Grrr...all these girls interested in Chiaki now that he is famous! Nodame...ganbatte!!!

Ok, just watched Ep 5!

And it's good like always, but it's more serious than usual. And somehow, it left me a bit sad and worried for Nodame & Chiaki's future!

Also, after this ep, I began to like Stressemen...I even feel sorry for him. I think he's actually a great guy...who's devoted to this one lady almost half his life. But after he gave the watch to Nodame, I think he might be able to finally let go...and fall in love again?! It's great that he also wants Chiaki & Nodame together...awww....

Gotta say I :wub: Nodame's clothes!!! She's just adorable!!!

Chiaki looks so yummy in the tux...and it's just cute how he's so used to having Nodame being in his life now! Hehehehe...from the looks of it, he basically cooks dinner for her every night, and lets her come into his house almost whenever Nodame asks to. :wub::wub: So sweet!!!

BUT...I have a bad feeling that long hair girl (who Mine has a little crush on, and in charge of the A group) is beginning to have a crush on Chiaki too. Though I can't be sure...webby, am I right? Is it in the comic too?

Well, basically, that's it...after Stressemen telling Nodame that she couldn't be with Chiaki...she became real sad (me too), and realized she must practice more, playing the piano.

The next episode will basically be concentrated on persuading Chiaki to go overseas to study music. Also, Chiaki's ex wants him back...so it seems. Grrr...all these girls interested in Chiaki now that he is famous! Nodame...ganbatte!!!

I went to a bookstore to look up Nodame and found 4 volumes. I skimmed through it and it seems ep 5 is in volume 4. After hearing that she couldn't be with Chiaki, Nodame was really depressed and for some reasons later she wasn't able to see him. Anyhow, I saw this part when Chiaki was sitting down next to a tree probably ready to eat his lunch and Nodame came running yelling out his name. She told him that she missed him and all that. Then she clinged onto him crying and told him that she wanted to be with him forever (or something like that). I had like 20 minutes to skim through 4 volumes so I didn't pay attention to other details. I might go back again to another store and spoil myself silly. :D

thanks for ur spoilers Yvonne!! it's become a habit for me to come in here on monday nights just to look at ur spoilers while waiting for the raw files to come out!

seems like episode 5 is starting to go onto the serious stuff(last week's preview already gave a hint!) but there's still many stuff to look forward to!

yea!! the trailer in the HP wrote: "のだめは、相変わらず千秋に付きまとい、彼の部屋に入り浸っては勝手気ままな生活を送っていた。(nodame followed chiaki as usual, and live life wilfully, spending all the time in his room)" i can sooooo imagine nodame going to his house every night, and chiaki cooking for her like a habit! sweeeeeet chiaki! :lol:

BUT...I have a bad feeling that long hair girl (who Mine has a little crush on, and in charge of the A group) is beginning to have a crush on Chiaki too.

REALLY?! NOOOOOO! i want her to be with mine-kun! and the character chart puts a love-line(with double arrows!) between the 2 of them... :vicx:

QUESTION. is okouchi(that 2nd best in conducting guy) conducting S-oke during the school's cultural festival? i saw the conductor's backview in the preview and it just dont seems to be chiaki.

argh...cant wait to watch episode 5!!!!

i wanna see more nodame-chiaki action!!

oh and mine-kun in that yukata(?) outfit looks like some shinigami in bleach. keke :P

--edit:

^ Shinobu: the bookstore i went to only had volume16..T_T seems like it's been selling off after the dorama..and i'm still waiting for the orders to come. bleh--

anyways, i'm hoping that chiaki's response would be something like "baka. who ask u not to come find me."(i'm not sure what the reasons are, so just guessing blindly! :P ) or somewhere along the line that although he wont say it out explicitly, but still show how he misses her too in the chiaki-way..

hopefully this part is in eisode 6~!! :w00t:

Varrow & others, you are all really welcome! :D

Yeah, the conductor of the S-Oke for the 2nd performance turned out to be that weirdo who always tried to act like Chiaki! Can't blame him for trying...but really...nobody can be like Chiaki!!! :lol:

Me too, I want that long hair girl to be with Mine!!! They look so good together!!! I hope I am wrong...but there were at least three zoom in shots of her looking/staring at Chiaki in a longing/admiration way. So I don't know!

And yeah, forgot to mention in the beginning, Tamaki spoke some German?! I think it's German...can't be sure...but maybe because I am clueless with that language...I thought Tamaki did really well. He seems so fluent!!! I was so impressed! Heheheheh...he looks HOT while he was speaking German! :lol:

Nodame almost lives with Chiaki...almost! They go to school together, eati dinner together, etc. Also, she goes into his room too...doing stuff on his computer (while saying her phone line and power are cut off). It was hilarious how she put her special wallpaper on Chiaki's laptop! LMAO! It's a bit different from the manga, because in the manga, she did something to the laptop's font. So the words are all weird...and that pissed Chiaki off so much! LOL

And from this ep, it is SO obvious that Chiaki likes the idea of having Nodame depending/relying on him...the smug look on his face thinking of Nodame, starving and waiting outside his door! Hehehehe...that Chiaki senpai!

Guest kodoque

i believe in the manga...that guy that always imitate chiaki was told by stresseman to conduct A-Oke's performance after S-oke's 1st performance. he failed miserably and was known throughout their school history to ever conducted the worst orchestra performance ever. hehehehee

--edit:

^ Shinobu: the bookstore i went to only had volume16..T_T seems like it's been selling off after the dorama..and i'm still waiting for the orders to come. bleh--

anyways, i'm hoping that chiaki's response would be something like "baka. who ask u not to come find me."(i'm not sure what the reasons are, so just guessing blindly! :P ) or somewhere along the line that although he wont say it out explicitly, but still show how he misses her too in the chiaki-way..

hopefully this part is in eisode 6~!! :w00t:

The english version is only up to vol 6 or so I think so that's why I don't plan to buy it until they come out with more vols. I thought they would have that scene in ep 5. Now I'm sure it'll be in 6.

I don't really remember whether the A-oke violinist has a crush on Chiaki, but it seems more like she admired him for his musical talent and skills and really hopes to work with him more. I can't wait to watch epi 5. But here's some Tamaki pics that i really like.

tamaki-1.jpg

He looks so good in the jacket. I notice in the manga, both chiaki and nodame have a pretty good wardrobe. In particular, you can spot chiaki wearing something more fashionable once in a while. But they seem to let him stick more to the shirts and pants in the drama. Or perhaps it's because they are not filming the parts where he wore nicer clothes.

Guest crazyMuka

lol, Yvonne, your review really made my evening... Like yArr0w, I look forward to every Monday to read your review while I wait for the episode to be uploaded on D-addicts tracker. I was having a really stressful day at school and work today, but when I think about the drama, I couldn't help but start to giggle at myself silly, haha xD.

About the question concering whether or not Kiyora likes Chiaki, I'm pretty sure she does not like him in the sense a lover would; it's more like she admires and respects him, because Chiaki is literally a genius. Chiaki is just someone she looks up to, an inspiration and a motivation, maybe. I just bought volume 7 and in that volume, the relationship between Mine and Kiyora is progressing surprisingly fast, lol, so yeah, don't worry, those two are a pair :). I think it's kinda obvious the mangaka is not very fond of the idea of multiple love relationships.

And btw, I <3333 Nodame's clothes too!!! They look so cute and comfy :D.

Can't wait for ep 5, I've been checking the tracker several times now, but I guess the torrent won't be up until tomorrow.

This is my first Japanese drama in more than 10 years and I find this such an enchanting drama. I watched all 4 episodes from Youtube (Chinese subs) in one go. Manga has usually good stories and exaggerated actions/scenes. This manga not only have the stuff great manga has - it is so artistic and the choice of music in the drama is absolutely beautiful and fitting. I really love the interaction between the arrogant and brilliant Chiaki and the absolutely sloppy but sweet and talented Nodame. There is no doubt the love they eventually build up will be a great one.

Thank you for answering my questions!!! :)

Good good...I got so worked up worrying that Kiyora will like Chiaki too! Thank goodness! Yeah, can't wait to see how Mine and her will get together!

I think Nodame & Chiaki's wardrobes in the drama are real classy and nice! Especially Nodame's...it's just so right for her. I love her boots!

I wonder when this cute couple will pair up...because this drama has 11 eps.

i just watched episode 5~~!!

yea like wad webby & crazyMuka mentioned, i notice that kiyora's admiration is towards chiaki's musical talents..

and i dont think chiaki's ex really wanted to be with chiaki again..she, like nodame(i think), is feeling kinda inferior after seeing chiaki's performance, and she realises that chiaki's musical aspirations are backed up with his talents, not just talk.

awww, the last part of the episode is soooo sad. but i simply LLLOOOOVVVEEE S-oke's performance!! i simply :wub: S-oke's Rhapsody in Blue sooooo much! and mine-kun's friendship and loyalty to chiaki~BRAVO!

And yeah, forgot to mention in the beginning, Tamaki spoke some German?! I think it's German...can't be sure...but maybe because I am clueless with that language...I thought Tamaki did really well. He seems so fluent!!! I was so impressed! Heheheheh...he looks HOT while he was speaking German!

it should be German~ and YESH!! even though he only spoke one sentence or so, he speaks it soooooo well!! and soo much better than supposed-to-be-german elise.. i kept repeating that scene again n again to see and hear him speak~

Chiaki likes the idea of having Nodame depending/relying on him...the smug look on his face thinking of Nodame, starving and waiting outside his door! Hehehehe...that Chiaki senpai!

haha and another part i love is how he could recognise it's nodame in the mascot~ shows that chiaki knows nodame sooooo well!

I just bought volume 7 and in that volume, the relationship between Mine and Kiyora is progressing surprisingly fast, lol, so yeah, don't worry, those two are a pair

volume 7? wow...so it should be around episode 7 or 8 of the dorama... i love how the dorama follows the manga nicely..cant wait to see them together! really wanna see how kiyora would go with mine-kun~~

He looks so good in the jacket. I notice in the manga, both chiaki and nodame have a pretty good wardrobe. In particular, you can spot chiaki wearing something more fashionable once in a while. But they seem to let him stick more to the shirts and pants in the drama. Or perhaps it's because they are not filming the parts where he wore nicer clothes.

thanks for the pics webby~

ahhh i saw the cast on some variety show...was it IITOMA? cant remember...was wondering where to download the vid~~

even though chiaki's clothes are plain, but it loos sooo gorgeous on him! or maybe like u said, they havent proceed to the part whereby he starts wearing nicer clothes..wow then it must be million times better!

anyways, from the preview of episode 6, chiaki seems to want to split S-oke...and the mood seems to be as dull too(even tho we can still see nodame & mine-kun crazy actions), but i want the mood to go back to as lively again!!

pics~ the other volumes i didn't manage to post up that time~ the captions are sooo cute too!

Vol. 6

pg0601fq2.jpgpg0602rt4.jpgpg0603ap1.jpg

pg0604xu0.jpgpg0605fw0.jpgpg0606qp3.jpg

Vol. 7

pg0701pa5.jpgpg0702vy5.jpgpg0703js9.jpg

pg0704uo5.jpgpg0705bm6.jpgpg0706wp3.jpg

Vol. 8

pg0801ms1.jpgpg0802nb7.jpgpg0803vd7.jpg

pg0804fj2.jpgpg0805ax6.jpgpg0806fl8.jpg

Vol. 9

pg0901sc9.jpgpg0902xh0.jpgpg0903uv1.jpg

pg0904lq7.jpgpg0905fc6.jpgpg0906py2.jpg

^ the happy foursome~ :lol:

the pic of tamaki i posted earlier was from an interview for his movie that came out last month or so (?). Just realized he wore the same coat in Nodame episode 5, but with a shirt inside. I think the way he wears it in the interview looks better.. and yes, I watched IITOMA on youtube too. kinda fun to watch but without subtitles.

Concerning Chiaki's ex, haha.. i think she wants him back. The preview for epi 6 shows her lying down on some bed, (chiaki's?).

And concerning when chiaki and nodame finally gets together

<spoiler>My impression is only when Chiaki finally goes abroad for good that they become a pair, though chiaki sometimes still tells himself he should maintain a distance from her. However, it's plain that he's already kinda fond of nodame, indulging her and allowing her to hop into his house anytime. The chiaki nodame moments i enjoyed a lot are when they both play the piano together. That's when nodame is fully absorbed in her playing, and chiaki watches her with admiration.

Guest dr jung

tamaki-1.jpg

Just in case anyone was wondering, this is O-sama [hahaha]no brunch on 10/28. Hiroshi was on it with Miyazaki Aoi to promote his new movie, tada kimiwo aishiteru!

EPISODE 05 rating ------------>> 19.9%

Archived