[JAPAN DRAMA 2006] のだめカンタービレNODAME CA

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Okay, just d/l SxS...finally! And I realized, if I heard correctly, Tamaki Hiroshi said the drama is filmed up to Vol 9 of the comic. Omg...we NEED a sequel!!!

yeah Yvonne, you're right. The drama will cover up til Vol 9.

For those interested in the rest of the bistro SMAP translations besides the ones dadedum posted earlier (thanks to her hard work!), you can read them at memento's blog http://www.designchronicle.com/memento/arc...akihiroshi.html

it is quite hilarious.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In case you guys didn't know, siantut (the brilliant girl who's subbing the drama) already has subs for the Bistro SMAP ep. You can download it from her site. :)

If only all there were subbers for all available Bistro SMAP eps, it'd be great. It's so funny. lol.

Ok...Ep 9 is heavy to digest...so to speak.

I like it, but I don't like it. :huh:<_<:rolleyes:

The mood is heavy...I felt sad all throughout this ep. :tears: Also, it didn't help that there were like only one real scene of Nodame & Chiaki together. :( But please don't get me wrong, it was a great episode! Just on the sad side.

Well, therefore, I don't think I will go into too much details. Gomen ne....sorry...I am just so down after this ep. But don't freak out too much, maybe it's just me.

EP 9 SPOILERS

Chiaki woke up after the alarm went off. He could hear Nodame's voice in his head...telling him that it was okay now, he could ride on a plane...and he should try it, and go to Hokkaido. So off he went, of course, he asked Mine to accompany him. This part was funny...Chiaki grabbing Mine's cell phone...asking him to turn it off for it was extremely dangerous...it might affect the plane. Once on the plane, Chiaki cling on to Mine for dear life.... Mine was embarrassed, especially when the stewardress walked by...he clarified that they were not that kind of relationship. As the plane prepared for take off, Chiaki started to really freak out, and started to shake like crazy...as if he was having a seizure.

Suddenly, he heard Nodame's voice...calming and soothing, telling him that he was okay, he could ride airplane now. Chiaki instantly relaxed...and then, they arrived in Hokkaido. Mine was excited, because it was his first time being there. He said he wanted to try out the ramen (Japanese style noodles, which are quite famous in Hokkaido). Then, Chiaki blurted out, "Kani (crab). I must buy crabs."

Apparently, Nodame told him, in his hypnotized state, to buy lots of crabs, and sea urchins. (Hokkaido is famous for its seafood.) She would also like the "White Lover Chocolate" (famous sweets/chocolate souvenir), and the list went on.... :lol: Chiaki was shopping crazily trying to buy everything!

Meanwhile, we saw Chiaki's mother and Sayako (sp? ex-gf) at a cafe. Chiaki's mother told Sayako that Chiaki could take a plane now. Sayako was absolutely shocked upon hearing this...and Chiaki's mother told her that this was all due to the help of Nodame. Chiaki's mother had a photo of Nodame on her cell phone!!! :D Sayako was not happy.

Anyway, Chiaki came back on the same day...with tons of souvenir...he couldn't wait to give them to Nodame. However, he found a pot of plant, and a note from Nodame on his doorstep. Nodame asked Chiaki to take care of this plant, for she will be away for a while. Chiaki quickly went to the Chinese restaurant to ask Nodame's whereabout. Mine's father told him that she was at Eto sensei's house. Chiaki was shocked.

Still hauling the tons of souvenir, Chiaki went to Eto's house...he was shocked, again, to see Nodame playing the piano...practicing seriously. He remembered the way how Nodame refused to enter any competition, and that she wanted to be a kindergarten teacher. So Chiaki was confused to see Nodame like that, he wondered what motivated her to do this. (Duh Chiaki...really, can it be more obvious??? But sadly, he is really this clueless...in regards of his own feelings towards Nodame, and somehow, as weird as this may sound, he didn't know Nodame's feelings for him. :rolleyes: )

Then, a woman appeared from behind (Eto's wife? gf?)...excited to see Chiaki. She told him that Nodame wanted to enter the contest. That Nodame asked Eto sensei to help her. Mrs. Eto asked Chiaki if those souvenirs are for her...and he said yes, he just went to Hokkaido. As he handed over the crab, he specifically asked her that EVERYONE should have this for dinner. *hint hint Nodame* Awww...he was such a clueless sweetie! :wub: Mrs. Eto asked him to join them...he refused, saying he didn't want to intrude. Intrude Nodame's practice that is.

As Chiaki walked away, he thought that if Nodame was serious about this, he was glad that she under in Eto's guidance. You could see Nodame was working really hard...and actually reading the music. Eto sensei was impressed too, thinking that she had really practice for this. However, Nodame was having such a difficult time to adjust to reading music and playing at the same time. Suddenly, music was a chore. She asked Eto sensei if she could get the first prize of the contest. Eto was surprised...and frustrated with her...telling her that if she continued to play this way...there was no way she could win. He asked her why she wanted to get the first prize... She said she must win...because the first prize was a huge sum of money (20,000,000 JPY I think) and scholarship to study abroad. She said she needed to win this, otherwise, she couldn't follow Chiaki senpai. Eto was speechless...he saw how desperate she was.

Nodame mailed (cell phone email) Chiaki senpai, telling him how difficult it was...that piece she was playing. I think she also thanked him for the crab. Chiaki was happy to hear from her...and kind of surprised because he didn't know Nodame had a cell phone. The smile on his face...reading Nodame's message...hehehe...and Kuroki caught him that moment, asking if it was Nodame. Chiaki quickly put his phone away, and denied it. Kuroki assured him, that he was okay...Chiaki shouldn't worry about his feelings. Chiaki was confused, telling Kuroki not to get the wrong idea. Kuroki was taken aback, and said, "Nodame is your girlfriend, right?!'

Like always, Chiaki denied it...yet Kuroki refused to believe it...and complimented on how "su te ki (wonderful)" woman Nodame was. Chiaki was startled that someone would actually label Nodame as wonderful! LOL :lol: RS Oke were planning another show...yet Chiaki was a bit reluctant...maybe he was thinking about when he would go to Europe. But he stayed silent...since so many people were enthusiastic about the RS Oke...and other people wanted to join, etc. The show would be on Xmas.

Later, Chiaki recieved a call from that magazine lady...and she told him that Strezemann was back in Japan. And before she could finish...Strezemann was standing in front of them! It was kind of funny...because when Strezemann held out his hands, Chiaki was really going to walk up to him and give him a hug. However, Strezemann stopped him, and demanded the reason of Chiaki not sending him that photobook (of a sexy girl). Just like old times, Strezemann brought the whole group to party...while Chiaki hopelessly looked on.

Strezemann was so drunk, that he began to throw up...so Chiaki took him aside. Strezemann told him that he would be back to Europe soon...and he wanted Chiaki to follow him. Chiaki tried to say no, that he had other things to do (re: RS Oke)...and Strezemann got angry. Telling Chiaki, ordering him that he must go to Europe with him next week...because Strezemann wanted him to enter the conductor contest next spring. And that it was crucial that Chiaki should start his training, practicing now. Chiaki seemed really trouble. Then Strezemann asked about Nodame., and Chiaki told him that she was practicing for a competition. Strezemann didn't seem to be surprised.

Nodame was still having a hard time playing...and she received a mail from Chiaki. Telling her to keep on working hard, and that she must really read the music, and understand. Then suddenly...whether it was her hallucination or daydream, she heard Chiaki giving her pointers...and after that, she began to play smoothly. She did really really well at the preliminary contest (?).

FINALLY, a scene between these lovebirds! :P At school, Nodame finally bumped in Chiaki. She happily told him she was qualified to enter the final contest.. Chiaki told her that he would cook for her...but Nodame said no. Chiaki was shocked...to say the least. Nodame quickly explained that she needed to go to Eto sensei's house and practice. Then she asked him when he would go to Europe. Would it be next spring??? Chiaki couldn't answer her...and Nodame misunderstood, and thought that he didn't want to go to Europe anymore. Chiaki told her no, that wasn't the case...it was just...he found it hard to find words. Nodame then asked him, well, when? When would he go? Chiaki stuttered again...maybe he didn't want to tell her that he might need to go to Europe next week, before Xmas. That he was afraid he would distract her from her practice.

Suddenly, for some reason I couldn't catch, Nodame got angry with Chiaki's attitude. She scolded him for being so undecisive...that he shouldn't keep on making excuse for himself. That whatever he needed to do, just do it. Don't act like a coward little boy. Nodame angrily walked away. Once again, Chiaki was beyond shocked that he actually gotten scold by Nodame.

Chiaki phoned Strezemann at the airport...he said he would go to Europe. But not now, not at this moment, there were still things to take care of. He needed to finish the RS Oke on Xmas...then he would go. Strezemann concurred. All this time, Mine was listening to the conversation...and was devestated to know Chiaki would leave.

Nodame was schedule to play a piece by Chopin in the final. At first, Eto sensei was worried that she couldn't do it...yet she surprised him by playing it splendidly. She told him she played in once when she was young...she remembered it. Eto was absolutely amazed by her skills and talent.

On the day of the final, Eto bumped into Chiaki in the stairways again. He told Chiaki that Nodame would be playing at 2pm...that he should come. Chiaki seemed pissed/upset, and said he wouldn't go. He began walking away when Eto commented on what a cold boyfriend he was being. Chiaki turned around, and fiercely denied it. Eto tried to argue...said Chiaki made a difference in Nodame...yet Chiaki said it wasn't because of him. That now, Nodame was perfectly fine...and capable by herself. Eto was taken aback, and was pissed off. Eto walked up to Chiaki, and asked him if he knew the reason behind Nodame's wish to enter the contest. That she wanted to get the first prize, so she could go study with him in Europe. All because of Chiaki...it was Chiaki all along, always Chiaki in Nodame's eyes.

This news was a blow to Chiaki...he was so touched...so...speechless, "Kono Baka (this dummy)". I guess he was so touched that Nodame would go such extent for him...

Before Nodame's turn, she met this CREEPY guy. Apparently, this guy was her classmate (piano class) when she was young. It triggered her memory...BAD memories. As a young girl, she was hit many times by her piano teacher. Her piano teacher was angry with her...for not playing the way he told her to, thus began to hit her hands endless times...and hit/slapped/pushed her so hard that she fallen off the chair.

So you can guess how she performed...NOT good...but then, NOT bad either. Something wrong with the music...she began to play her own piece? Or mix her own piece with Chopin??? Something is not right, but not entirely wrong. That CREEPY guy looked on...he always had that scary smile on his face. Yikes.

Both Eto and Chiaki were confused...

THE END of ep 8.

Previews for Ep 10

- Chiaki found a new conductor for RS Oke

- Nodame got sick...fever

- Nodame: "WHY can't I play piano/music just for fun???"

Guest kodoque

whua...where is everybody?

i thought this thread will be packed with all the comments regarding today's episode.

hehehehe. maybe it's because of finals? ^^

anyways..thanks yvonne for the summary. It's always nice to know what's going on before my download finishes!

Guest dr jung

At the end of the episode, I learned something new about Nodame..... rather sad..

oh.

I have sooooooo much free time today for some odd reason...

I'm gonna start reading the manga.. hehehe...

Guest linhkawaii

I'm not posting anything coz I'm waiting for ep 9 on D-addicts :P *trying my best to wait xD* LOL it's weird how I've read the manga but am still fascinated about the drama xD

Guest dr jung

Last week, with Ueno Juri and Tamaki Hiroshi, SxS rating was whooping 22.9%.. this week-? 17.6% go Juri & Tamaki!!! lol

01/ 18.2

02/ 16.1

03/ 18.4

04/ 18.3

05/ 19.9

06/ 17.5

07/ 19.4

08/ 19.2

09/ 19.3

AV/ 18.48

so far- solid (ish) 2nd highest rated drama this quarter after Dr. Koto

Guest aikomidori

I saw a little clip of when Nodame meets the creepy guy and the guy does look creepy! He has this weird evil-sounding voice and he looks like a 16 year old (it was probably the extremely low vid quality though) So does that mean Nodame lost the competition and can't go abroad? :(

thanks Yvonne for the summary :D

ehehe. i just watched it...and i'm feeling the sadness. don't think i can study now. gah.

:(

but it was good :D

i had your summary on one side of the computer screen and the actual show on the other half. :D

brilliant stuff :D

yeah....the creepy guy...it's his hair. i swear. it's his hair. :blink: he looks like a conehead. just a bit.

^

^ in the manga that guy is a little boy......

maybe it's too exaggerated so they changed it to a 16-yr-old?

thanks for your usual summary Yvonne~~ :wub:

i hope my download goes faster..

hmm by the summary, i'm a bit disappointed how nodame's piano competition is like being brought by so quickly..

i prefer it in the manga whereby in the slow development we'll get to see the dark side of nodame which is caused by her childhood..and why she's so resistant to eto sensei (and yet with the power of love, she could stand chiaki's violence..)

but i'm happy that eto sensei told chiaki senpai nodame's reason for joining the competition..and when he referred to nodame as the baka, ironically, i think chiaki-senpai is also a baka too..lol.

thank you Yvonne for the summary... it's really useful when I am watching it raw :D

SPOILERS AHEAD ... feelings over Lesson 9

the first part of the show was quite funny to me actually, with Nodame and her electrifying eyes as well as Chiaki and Mine in Hokkaido. It was great to see both of them progressing and getting over their fears. How do I say this, though the two were not together physically, I felt that they were actually very united in their thoughts and feelings. It's like Chiaki was the motivating force behind Nodame while Nodame was the one holding Chiaki's hand spiritually to help him get over his fear of flying.

Wooo...I love how Chiaki went crazy in hokkaido shopping for all the food that Nodame wanted =). I can't believe that even in hynopsis nodame can't forget about her food craze! :D The crabs and biscuits are really YUMMMY...do make sure you get to eat them if you ever pop by that way.

I think chiaki was really starting to feel a little strange when nodame, the garbage girl he has barely met like a few weeks ago, is not around. I thought he looked a little lost when he was searching for her, and then upon finding her, that she was "moving on" with her life without him.

His joy at receiving her email/sms :P Honestly, i didn't know that nodame has a mobile too... ehhehe. She didn't struck me as the sort who would carry one.

When they finally met, wooot...he was trying to lure her into returning to his side by offering to cook for her and when she rejected, he was like totally HUH!??!?!

I can, at this scene, understand why nodame was so angry with him. It's like she's trying so hard to win the competition in order to go to europe to be with him and yet, he appears to be so hesistant about leaving still.

Overall, I love the clueless Chiaki ... so cute.

Its also cute that it's actually eto sensei who's like the matchmaker, very much aware of the feelings of both parties and not being afraid to say so.

The *sniff sniff* parts come when nodame meets that totally freakish boy/man. Yups, his hair is totally freaky!!!!!!!!!! Why in the world must he sit right in front of her???

Don't worry, I don't think she has lost the competition as yet. The foreign (German???) professor loved her playing in the first round, though I don't know his feelings in the second. She didn't play badly, she just played the way she wanted to, though this time its a darker side as all her negative thoughts were zooming through her head. Seeing her leave eto's sensei house in the preview however suggests that not all is well. *keeping fingers crossed*

the way Chiaki hits nodame is actually done in a rather mangaish way, and the way she bounces back unhurt afterwards can thus put the bashing in a more comic light :blush: [i don't condone violence towards women for sure] But when you see the way the sensei hits her ... that's really abuse to me. It was a relief that eto sensei promised not to hit her anymore, if not I doubt she will ever be able to endure that kind of training.

Alright, end of ranting. *sighs* how can I wait till next week for the next episode!!! I just want to see them get together already!!! The suspense is killing me!!!!!! *groan*

I got to watch up to 2 ep. from my friend. I really want to finish watching this drama. its really funny. Where do u guys DL ur EP. CLUBBOX? Where. can somebody tell me. I was looking through the forum on this page, I couldn't find any site to DL.

Guest crazyMuka

OMG, I miss this thread soooooo much, haven't been here for ages x___X; I hate final exams and final projects, took away so much of my time. I still haven't watched ep 8 and 9 yet, but once again, thanks a ton Yvonne for your excellent and very VERY detailed summaries. I could even envision what's happening through your elaborated summaries, honestly :D. I just glimpsed through parts of the SxS part and I <3333 Tamaki & Ueno, esp. Tamaki. I never knew he's like that in real life, very natural and cute ne XD... The part where he drifts off whenever he's eating, it's adorable. Imo, he looks more like a male version of Nodame, a little ditzy but unpretentious (sp?). I like how they're all very down to earth and friendly. Gotta watch it first tonight :D.

Does anyone know where I can dowload the raw version of Bistro Smap?? I found one on s-projects.org on their external links, but it's divided into parts so I don't think the subs will work with it. Does anyone have it in one file, full and raw version? Thanks!!!

Archived