[movie 2006] Art Of Fighting 싸움의 기술

Guest atel

Guest papabear

Do we know anything about the DVD release of this movie? I'd love to see it when it comes out...

...mmmm.... Jae Hui :D

it's available for order (or maybe it was pre-order) at YesAsia

Guest Saragorn

it's available for order (or maybe it was pre-order) at YesAsia

:w00t: I'll have to take a look and see if there's any sort of projected date or something. Thanks!

Edit: er... region three comes out in late March, but I think I need region one... :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bluecheese

can anyone find a character list of who plays what part?? i'd really appreciate it. =)

its because i'd like to know who the actor is who plays jaehee's friend at the technical school. =P so if anyone knows... ^___^ please let me know, thanks!

can anyone find a character list of who plays what part?? i'd really appreciate it. =)

its because i'd like to know who the actor is who plays jaehee's friend at the technical school. =P so if anyone knows... ^___^ please let me know, thanks!

박기웅/Park Ki Woong ;)

Guest S.H.E_fan

watching this movie right now. its hilarious..

anyone know if a ost is release for this.. i really like the music

• 1 month later...

REVIEW

The Art of Fighting

artoffighting2.jpg

Byung-tae is a teenager attending a tough high school, where the other students make it their daily habit to beat him up. Sporting perpetual bruises on his face, he spends his free time reading martial arts manuals and taking fighting lessons from various adults in town, in a desperate attempt to learn how to defend himself. Nothing seems to do any good, however.

One day, at a private reading room, he comes across an eccentric old man named Pan-su who possesses an amazing skill for fighting. It's not that he is powerfully acrobatic or unnaturally strong, it's that he is a seasoned expert in down-to-earth, realistic modes of fighting. In other words, he fights dirty.

Pan-su somewhat reluctantly takes Byung-tae under his wing and starts to teach him what he has learned about fighting and about life. These include gems of wisdom such as, "Sand and spit are the most useful objects at hand during a fight." Byung-tae tries his best, but at the same time he has a hard time shaking off the fear that he has been living with all these years.

Debut director Shin Han-sol's The Art of Fighting is a different sort of action film, one that largely avoids impressive displays of physical movement, and instead focuses on the gritty, sensual aspects of fighting. Set in a grim, ugly-looking town where the people seem motivated by boredom rather than any enthusiasm for life, the film is most memorable for its black humor and the great presence shown by its two lead actors.

With vulnerability and steely determination reflected in his eyes, Jae Hee, best known from Kim Ki-duk's 3-Iron, is well-suited to the role of Byung-tae. It may seem superfluous to say this after 3-Iron, but Jae really can communicate a great deal to the viewer even when he is not speaking. Pan-su, meanwhile, is played by acting god Baek Yoon-shik, who has already shown his mastery in films like Save the Green Planet and The President's Last Bang. Here he plays this role with a mixture of world-weary passivity and sudden, electric bursts of violence. Although lacking the depth of the other roles he has played in the past few years, Pan-su possesses an attitude that is uniquely Baek Yoon-shik.

The Art of Fighting is well acted and capably put together, with a mostly predictable but engrossing narrative. Yet the film leaves you with an odd sense of emptiness. Part of this may be due to the inherent pessimism in the work, and its portrayal of a town where life is bleak and unlikely to improve. Yet on a cinematic level too, one wishes that there were just a bit more substance to the film. Ultimately Art of Fighting is worth watching, but is unlikely to rank as one of the highlights of 2006. (Darcy Paquet)

Credit: http://www.koreanfilm.org/kfilm06.html#artoffighting

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Aoijen

Yeah I know this new movie from yesasia but I dun have buy it maybe later if they release this movie :sweatingbullets:

• 1 month later...
Guest sonickim

whaa... got really bored with the movie but i pulled it through!!

i having my patiece test...

convincing my brother & sister to finish up with me..that there might be something more from the movie.

well, i like JH.. i think he's really cute and all but the movie is so dragging!!

i pity him in all those slapped,kicking and whacking..

but makes me want to help him whacked and get back to those badguys!!

• 3 weeks later...

Not as entertaining as it could have been, but the leads sortakinda pulled it off. Jae Hee was good--his eyes were tired and sad and scared almost the entire time, that when fury finally takes over, it's like, wapakkkk! And Baek YoonShik was predictably great (I <3 Oh PanSoo). I'm glad the ending turned out the way it did. ^__^

http://www.nkino.com/Events/sp_SSaum/

Guest renni72

yeah, it was not as entertaining as it could have been but the cast pulled it off.

Jae Hee looked so sore and bruised all throughout the movie...ouch.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest kayshuliang

i love jae hee acting he is so natural on screen and comedy role suit him to a T

does anybody knows where i can d/l the movie

thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest szejia

try Naynay's clubbox. It has all the movies you'll ever want!

I AM SOOOOO DL-ING THIS!!!! I didn't know it was Jae Hee acting in it. hahaha. he was good in Chunhyang. I bet he'd be as good in this too.

Archived