[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Because of You 因为遇见你

sugarplum892

photo BOY-60.jpg

Details:

Chinese title: 因为遇见你
English title: Because of You

Genre: Modern, Romance

Episodes: 56

Director: Zhou Xiao Peng (Lady and The Liar)

Broadcast Period: March 2, 2017

Replacing: Full Love 周末父母

Cast:

Sun Yi

Deng Lun

Wu You

Liu Min Tao

Pan Yi Jun

Synopsis:

You can’t deny what flows through your veins.

Zhang Guo Guo (Sun Yi) is a bubbly young woman who was raised by Wang Ai Yu (Guo Hong) and grew up in the small town making deliveries for the family wonton shop. But unbeknownst to Guo Guo, she is actually the daughter of a famous embroidery workshop owner, but Ai Yu took her in after an accident and raised her alongside her own daughter, Zhang Yu Xin (Wu You).

Yu Xin becomes the apprentice of Xu Hui Jie (Pan Yi Jun), Guo Guo’s biological mother, and then goes overseas to study design. Meanwhile, Guo Guo’s unique talents with embroidery begins to surface, and she works hard to earn a chance to study at her father’s embroidery workshop.

As Guo Guo and Yu Xin become professional rivals, they also vie for the love of two brothers, Li Yun Kai (Deng Lun) and Li Yun Zhe (Dai Chao). Can Guo Guo pursue her dreams and find love along the way?

Cr Viki

Because of You 因为遇见你 Viki English Subbed Episodes

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

Because of You 因为遇见你 Viki English Subbed Episodes

Because of You 因为遇见你 Raw Episodes

Full Love 周末父母 Official Drama Thread

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for making the thread.. 

Am I wrong that this seems to be a remake of Jang Bo Ri the Korean drama? So far it is reminding me of that drama. I am intrigued by the embroidery I have seen so far. I hope they show case it as well as moving the story a long. 

55 minutes ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

Thanks for making the thread.. 

Am I wrong that this seems to be a remake of Jang Bo Ri the Korean drama? So far it is reminding me of that drama. I am intrigued by the embroidery I have seen so far. I hope they show case it as well as moving the story a long. 

Hello. I agree, first 4-5 eps are similar to K-drama, Jang Bo Ri.

2 hours ago, thunderman1 said:

lol. I am dropping this drama as well. No way am I repeating Jang Bo Ri. Phew

But Jang Bo Rinwas so good once Bo Ri started to stand up for herself. But yes it was hard going in the early days. Plus it had Kim Ji Hoon! 

1 minute ago, Michell de Guzman said:

Aw looks like everyone dropped this drama. The leads are cute together. I'm following this drama and just watched episode 16 (raw). 

Hope everyone will give it a chance.

Funny that I accidentally used my fb (Michell de Guzman) account instead of my soompi ID to comment. Anyway, hope I will have a companion in this thread to exchange comments regarding the drama. 

2 hours ago, lolalarue said:

Tell us what you think so far? I was waiting to hear what people say about it before I commit! 

Hi! Glad to see you here aside from TMPB thread. So far, so good. My only complaint is how the crazy "sister" gets away with too much evil deeds (shouldn't have wondered when her equally disgusting mom is encouraging/tolerating her behavior). But it will all be worth it in the end (and I'm really looking forward to it) when she gets her karma. 

I am mainly watching because the leads are cute together. 

6 minutes ago, lolalarue said:

@michellismyname thanks. Sounds a lot like Jang Bo Ri is Here I really struggled with that drama until the main female lead started talking back to her sister. Does the female lead stick up for herself? Or is she doormat-like?

She always stood up for herself but her adoptive mom (with the instigation of her "sister") always threatens to disown her if she won't stop doing embroidery. She always fought back and tried really hard to get her own way but had to let go due to circumstances. In episode 15 (?) is when she really started to stand her ground & threaten her "sister" if she won't stop hindering her pursuit to do embroidery.

the lead heroine is no withering flower which i really like (I hate it when the heroine is shown as a loser/weak character). I haven't seen jang bo ri so i have no comparison.

1 hour ago, michellismyname said:

She always stood up for herself but her adoptive mom (with the instigation of her "sister") always threatens to disown her if she won't stop doing embroidery. She always fought back and tried really hard to get her own way but had to let go due to circumstances. In episode 15 (?) is when she really started to stand her ground & threaten her "sister" if she won't stop hindering her pursuit to do embroidery.

the lead heroine is no withering flower which i really like (I hate it when the heroine is shown as a loser/weak character). I haven't seen jang bo ri so i have no comparison.

I'll have to wait until a few more episodes are subbed then. I think 15 is the last fully subbed episode. I need to wait to get more payoff for all the angst. 

24 minutes ago, lolalarue said:

I'll have to wait until a few more episodes are subbed then. I think 15 is the last fully subbed episode. I need to wait to get more payoff for all the angst. 

My one regret; should have waited for the drama to finish airing and have eng subs but after TMPB I'm lost & drifting in CDrama land & have been constantly looking for a replacement. 

I can hardly wait for the evil "sister" to get   b-itch-slapped a thousand times! 

This show is the Chinese remake of Jang Bori is Here. I love the leads in here, they are so adorable and I think more time is dedicated to them as well.  I was rewatching Jang Bori for the last few days to know what to expect in this show. Guo Guo and Yun Kai are adorable. This show added new scenes of them together so we can see how they fall for each other. This show also left out one couple, which I see as a good thing because we get more scenes with the leads. I loved the coupling in Jang Bori but it was overshadowed by the evil stepsister. Here, the evil stepsister is annoying but I always squeal with the main leads show up because they are so well matched. I also love the release of episodes for this Chinese drama. We get two eps a day M-T and Sunday, and 1 ep on Friday and Saturday. So every day is a day of Guo Guo and Yun Kai. 

The evil sister does bad crap almost every episode but we always have someone seeing through her BS. That is what is great about this show. She can do crappy things but Guo Guo, her mother, and her ex-husband know she's full of crap. LOL. Also, since the episodes are released every day, we do not have to be tortured with the waiting. Like I said before, each episode has new scenes of cute Guo Guo, Yun Kai, and her daughter Le Tong, so the wait is bearable if you understand written Chinese or Vietnamese, because the Vietnamese subs are released within like an hour of the release in China.  It's harder when you have to wait for the English subs.  However, the english subs are coming out slowly but surely. But I did notice that the place where I get my english subbed stuff has episode 16 out. However, those episodes are only 45 minutes long. So I don't why but they have two episode length out. One is 1 hour and those episodes will finish at episode 46 I think. The 45 minutes long episodes will end at 56 episodes. 

It's a good show and you should definitely watch it. However, if you do not understand Chinese or Vietnamese, better to wait until the show is nearer to the end so that the wait for the english subs would not be so torturous. The 1-hour episodes 17 and 18 came out today so the show should end in less than 3 weeks. 

The story got ridiculous real fast! In episode 20, Yi Bei / Guo Guo's "bestfriend" felt betrayed because she started dating Yun Kai. She felt YB snatched him away from her. So with evil "sister"'s goading (and she's in some sort of trouble with some people probably because of money issues), they connived for her to pose as the long lost Yi Bei. From there she will start to cause misunderstandings between the OTP. 

Yi Bei's family are idiots! This is the 21st century people! Get DNA testing! Everyone's so gullible, it's getting on my nerves!

Ugh, just waiting for the day when Yi Bei gets her memories back. That's when the real drama starts. Hope she'll hit back twice as hard for what these people did to her

I can't believe her stupid friend pretended to be Yi Bei and they believed it. I think I'm gonna take a break and watch again next week so I will not feel all this rage about the situation that the OTP has to go through. Why is there no DNA testing? Lol. Even in the original show, they did DNA testing. Maybe that will be the fake Yi Bei's downfall. When the parents pull their heads out of the sand and actually use logic, that's when I'll be back to watch. The dad is suppose to smarter Other than that, Yun Kai is so adorable in his love for Guo Guo. I think I like this show more because of them. Can't wait for more loving moments. That's the good thing about this show. The drama is with her real identity and the crap that Guo Guo has to go through. However, through it all, Yun Kai is there by her side.  I hope this keeps being true. But they are diverging a bit from the original so maybe not. 

2 hours ago, ochuchuchan said:

I can't believe her stupid friend pretended to be Yi Bei and they believed it. I think I'm gonna take a break and watch again next week so I will not feel all this rage about the situation that the OTP has to go through. Why is there no DNA testing? Lol. Even in the original show, they did DNA testing. Maybe that will be the fake Yi Bei's downfall. When the parents pull their heads out of the sand and actually use logic, that's when I'll be back to watch. The dad is suppose to smarter Other than that, Yun Kai is so adorable in his love for Guo Guo. I think I like this show more because of them. Can't wait for more loving moments. That's the good thing about this show. The drama is with her real identity and the crap that Guo Guo has to go through. However, through it all, Yun Kai is there by her side.  I hope this keeps being true. But they are diverging a bit from the original so maybe not. 

But there wasn't a fake daughter plot in the original one, if I'm not mistaken. I watched Jang Bo Ri is Here a long time ago, so I don't remember the details, but I think the chinese version is indeed starting to differ a bit form it, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I didn't like the show's approach to some stuff, so hopefully they changed it here.

I'm enjoying this drama so far. It's beautifully shot and the main couple is really cute. It seems they get more screen time together and therefore, more development. Their scenes are so lovely. Also, I find the characters way more likeable than in Jang Bo Ri is Here, even the bad ones such as the evil sister and her mother. At least they's aren't as hysterical and crazy as in the Korean version, they were honestly too much :lol:

I can't wait to see how the revelation that Guo Guo is their real daughter unfolds here. I feel like it's going to be different...

Archived