Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] My Mr. Mermaid 浪花一朵朵

On 8/21/2017 at 1:34 AM, thunderman1 said:

Is the actress doing better this time around? I couldn't stand her character in Fox in Love... -____-- 

i start to like this girl suddenly lols :D and i enjoy My Mr Mermaid more than 'Fox' maybe because of the lines & plots

• Like 1

I found this drama so underwhelming. There was hardly any tension or unpredictability. The lead couple had chemistry but they were so bland and their romance was so immature they acted like 12 year olds rather than 22 year olds.  Dylan Xiong Zi Qi is a very weak actor and his character was so boring; Tang Song Yun's character was so stupid I found it hard to care for her to succeed in her career when she was so crap at it and couldn't succeed at the simplest work tasks on her own. It was needlessly long with too many fillers scenes and pointless flashbacks to scenes that happened 10 minutes before. 

I thought the supporting cast did a great job and I will watch out for them in other roles too.  I'm pleased they didn't have the Yang Yang's character change or have a cliched makeover for someone to fall for her.

My suggestion if you want to watch a far superior swimming drama is to watch the anime Free!  The characters in Free! are way more three-dimensional, interesting and believable, better script, better humour, more emotion and tension; intense swimming scenes and they have abs! Don't bother expecting any abs like the ones in the poster either! They were obviously photoshopped on the poster because apart from the occasional random background extra they are nowhere to be seen in my Mr Mermaid! :D

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

i dont think we can compare anime to actual drama lols....anime had more lines and more pictures that can be drawn in with ease.....

drama oh well.....one of the complain i have for this drama is that the artist need to at least build their physique for the drama itself......but other than that im on the opposite tracks....

RuiFong balance the scales for YiBai blandness.....

While YunDuo seems weak on certain things and need help to further succeed there are times she was the actual encouragement for most of the characters with her positive outlook on things ....also she has the determinations to succeed as a reporter....she was careless some of the times but still she did her best in most of the things :) 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, angelangie said:

RuiFong balance the scales for YiBai blandness.....

EXACTLY!!! Well I personally think Yi Bai lacked that charisma Rui Feng had....And I was honestly more invested in Rui Feng and Yang Yang's loveline than the main OTP's...

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

15 minutes ago, kokodus said:

EXACTLY!!! Well I personally think Yi Bai lacked that charisma Rui Feng had....And I was honestly more invested in Rui Feng and Yang Yang's loveline than the main OTP's...

YiBai & YunDuo loveline is a little too bland but i have no complain lols....maybe cause im a bland person? :D or easily satisfy i guess lols....

RuiFeng & YangYang loveline is great but im not in the ship for a girl to show too much affections for a guy from the beginning.....i prefer something like both almost trigger at the same times lols :D 

but i guess RuiFeng had been taking it for granted on how YangYang treated him as if his due......so i guess he didnt really realize it till later or when another guy start showing interest in YangYang

• Like 1

@angelangie I too think Yi Bai and Yun Duo were cute together, but yeah as you mentioned it was very bland...Yi Bai had a singular expression throughout the whole show. That naive innocent puppy look... Hahaha

Rui Feng on the other hand had a lot more scope, and he had all the typical main lead characteristics from being arrogant, stupid and endearing at the same time. Lol. He is a total package, I swear..

My most favourite scene, I abused the rewind button like crazy during this scene... Hahaha

Captura+de+Tela+%252810%2529.png

• LOL 2

12 minutes ago, kokodus said:

gie I too think Yi Bai and Yun Duo were cute together, but yeah as you mentioned it was very bland...Yi Bai had a singular expression throughout the whole show. That naive innocent puppy look... Hahaha

Rui Feng on the other hand had a lot more scope, and he had all the typical main lead characteristics from being arrogant, stupid and endearing at the same time. Lol. He is a total package, I swear..

My most favourite scene, I abused the rewind button like crazy during this scene... Hahaha

YiBai / Dylan need to up his facial expression more.....while yea the script given is a bland one i granted that but like what @raziela mention Dylan need to improve more lols....which i hate to admit :tongue: but  Tang SongYun did better than he did while her character in the scripts tends to be a little naive.......

but RuiFeng was given a larger scoop in the scripts itself since the character was a wild card in the whole campus lols :) and also i actually does prefer watching him and also i love to see YunDuo with RuiFeng too :D 

Edit: Your poor rewind button!!!!

• Like 1

@angelangie You said it better!!! All the actors in this show are pretty green and I cut them some slack for that. Hey their acting wasn't too jarring or anything.. it was pretty decent for rookies....

Oh and I agree Rui Feng and Yun duo's interactions were so cute as well... I'm very thankful that they didn't include a love triangle or anything. They stayed bestest of friends till the end. It was refreshing!!!!

• LOL 1

2 hours ago, kokodus said:

@angelangie You said it better!!! All the actors in this show are pretty green and I cut them some slack for that. Hey their acting wasn't too jarring or anything.. it was pretty decent for rookies....

Oh and I agree Rui Feng and Yun duo's interactions were so cute as well... I'm very thankful that they didn't include a love triangle or anything. They stayed bestest of friends till the end. It was refreshing!!!!

yea too true.... i hate to see a second lead syndrome again lols.....which tends to be in trend nowadays something i honestly don't prefer hahahahahah

actually Tan SongYun had been acting since she was 15 or 14 if im not wrong.......she had been given cutie roles all these while and this one too but add a lil naivety in there then lols.......however in Summer Fox she had some mature looking styles where i think pull off another different images......

anyway RuiFeng and YunDuo had actually been acting together before this too lols....they use to be the supporting roles in 'Whirlwind Girl 2' together with YangYang :D 

• Like 1

Well @angelangie Tan Song Yun still looks like she is 14 or 15. Hahahaha. Seriously I want to know what she is drinking. So unfair. I wish she doesn't get typecasted in cutie roles just because she looks like a cutie pie. LOL

• LOL 1

12 hours ago, kokodus said:

Well @angelangie Tan Song Yun still looks like she is 14 or 15. Hahahaha. Seriously I want to know what she is drinking. So unfair. I wish she doesn't get typecasted in cutie roles just because she looks like a cutie pie. LOL

she can pull off the mature look......that what she did in the Fox :) her looks there were more mature...

On 08/02/2018 at 4:18 AM, angelangie said:

i dont think we can compare anime to actual drama lols....anime had more lines and more pictures that can be drawn in with ease.....

Well, that's kind of my point.  If a fanservice anime has more compelling characters, writing, tension, emotion, humour, better MC, swimming races than a live action drama then the drama has failed at it's job.

On 08/02/2018 at 5:54 AM, angelangie said:

YiBai / Dylan need to up his facial expression more.....while yea the script given is a bland one i granted that but like what @raziela mention Dylan need to improve more lols....which i hate to admit :tongue: but  Tang SongYun did better than he did while her character in the scripts tends to be a little naive.......

On 08/02/2018 at 5:41 AM, kokodus said:

@angelangie I too think Yi Bai and Yun Duo were cute together, but yeah as you mentioned it was very bland...Yi Bai had a singular expression throughout the whole show. That naive innocent puppy look... Hahaha

Dylan's wasn't a strong enough actor to carry the drama and his poor acting made Yi Bai who was already a boring MC even blander.

His facial expressions especially need a lot of work.  He really needs to let go of his idol training when acting because I noticed he nearly always defaulted to smiling even at inappropriate moments in the story and that was definitely his idol training as idols are taught to smile at all times no matter what but regular people don't behave that way:crazy:!  It made him look kind of dopey lol!

As I said in my previous post I agree with you all that the vast majority of the supporting cast were all very good and carried the drama. The whole time I was watching I was thinking how much more compelling the drama would be if literally ANY of the other swimmers were the lead. Ou Yang, Rui Feng, Ming Tian, Yang Yang, Ling Ye, Hao Yang were all much better actors and more interesting characters. 

maybe im easily satisfied lols :D 

i wasnt that trouble with Dylan acting....but of course i wasnt focusing on him much but more on SongYun :) 

though i will definitely love to see YangYang in the pool more....and well my only complain is that their body is not built enough for an athlete which was the one of the main let down for me