Sydneyers~! - Job? =]

Guest kurupt

Guest inasero

Don't know if it's considered work as such but definitely something out there- researching factors which could put children at increased risk of developing head and neck cancers later in life at the National Centre for Immunization Research and Surveillance at Westmead Children's Hospital.

Background: Time trends in cancers of the head and neck show that the cohorts born during both world wars are at increased risk. Ecological analyses suggest higher rates of STI (especially HPV infection) in the mothers may be relevant.

Aim/Method: An exploration of other confounding factors, behavioural and biological, such as smoking over time may help elucidate a better understanding of this association. The student will use routine data sets as well as search for trend data on potential confounders in the literature to gain a better understanding of the fluctuations in these diseases. Access to epidemiological and statistical support/training is available.

Outcome: inform decisions whether vaccination of newborns against HPV may be worthwhile researching.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest inasero

^May I ask how you got that job/work?! You definitely need some backgroud knowledge for that type of job!? :)

It sounds interesting...currently looking for something to do thats related to these kinds of things!

thanks!^^

summer vacation research scholarship...

more info at medfac.usyd.edu.au

they like to get uni students with a background in sciences

Guest vividified

I work at Wellness Centre (city). Average earning based on today is $37p/h.

I'm 18 so yeah, it's pretty good right? hehe

If anyone's interested, feel free to PM me because we're currently recruiting!

Omg pm me i need need stuff to discuss with you ;) not terms of job but wellness itself

• 2 weeks later...

hm.. i work at Gloria Jeans

its not that great pay wise..? (im 18 i get the award rate of 11.50, and more on public holidays and sundays)

but the people i work with are simply THE BEST!

theyre a good bunch of people, work didnt feel like "work" as such... at least for the first 8 months of working there..=)

• 1 month later...

I work at Telstra doing Tech Support for bigpond business/satellite....

I work nights so i bludge so hard... hardly any businesses operating at night unless they are in WA which is 3 hours behind or something... and satellite... HAH...only people on satellite internet are pplz way out in rural areas where phone lines are too crappy for dial up or they cant get broadband...but yeah not many pplz with that service so yeah... love my job i get paid for sitting around watching movies and surfing the net... i even manage to play games at work.... not bad rewards either... they pay for my gym membership and a bunch of other stuff and i get a free crappy bigpond dial up account which i dont even use -_- lol...

during the holidays i sometimes work at valleygirl cos my family owns it..

sometimes i work in the shop, sometimes at the office or the warehouse..hanging clothes up on hangers..lol

i dont get paid much.. i'm lucky if i do get paid lol...

n i used to teach little kids theory (music) for a little while..

Guest yuri fufu

I work at Diva. It's not good pay but I like my job. From time to time.

And for the people who want to work in retails, really, it's not that fun.

Guest CHOWduh

Currently working as a Christmas Casual for Cotton-On at Market City

I get axed on 31/01 unless they offer me "further employment" but even so I'm not allowed to work during the HSC year lol

Hahah retail's not too bad. I love working with the guys I work with but sometimes serving customers can be a paininthebum. Downside for me is that now I can't stand going into clothing stores coz my fingers ITCH to tidy up the clothes and mini cooper sometimes. Argh!

Guest stardust_x

I work at Toys R Us and get 8.70 (i'm 16), it's ok i guess...

I want to work in a clothes store or somewhere slightly smaller now .. now im on a hunt for another job ^^

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MUSTARD*

full time at KPMG.. doing IT advisory.. doin a cadetship there ^^

pretty good pay but the work is borin cos all i do is use soompi and chat xD

i want to get a normal 18 yr old job.. like retail or something ._____.

Guest Reagan1986

Currently working as a Christmas Casual for Cotton-On at Market City

I get axed on 31/01 unless they offer me "further employment" but even so I'm not allowed to work during the HSC year lol

Hahah retail's not too bad. I love working with the guys I work with but sometimes serving customers can be a paininthebum. Downside for me is that now I can't stand going into clothing stores coz my fingers ITCH to tidy up the clothes and mini cooper sometimes. Argh!

is that the one with all these short asian girls?

Guest vividified
full time at KPMG.. doing IT advisory.. doin a cadetship there ^^

pretty good pay but the work is borin cos all i do is use soompi and chat xD

i want to get a normal 18 yr old job.. like retail or something ._____.

:o how did you get that kinda job

i want to work there but in accounting when my degree finishes

Guest MUSTARD*

you just apply to them.. it's a CA program. so after i finish my degree i immediately do my CA instead of working for another 2 years.

it puts you just a little bit ahead of everyone else i guess xD the consumer markets and entertainment auditing is just one level above where i am. and we always get to work with them since every company has IT controls that somehow affect their numbers.

you should do internships. there's 6 of them here right now from all different uni's and if the company likes you, they will offer you a position.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest longtusk
since i finish school, im trying to get a job. i dunno much. i think i have some stupid questions : Can u apply online and then interview? If i work in woolworths, does this mean those online jobs are the only ones available? which is better to work woolworths, target, big w?

This is way too late but whatever you do DON'T WORK AT WOOLWORTHS!!!! IT SUCKS!!!!

Being a check-out chick is the worst T___T unless you're on the express registers... otherwise it's constantly like... "THAT BAG'S TOO HEAVY!!" "THIS BAG NEEDS MORE STUFF IN IT!!" "DON'T PUT THOSE TWO THINGS IN THE SAME BAG!!" "DO YOU HAVE EFTPOS?? NO?? WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T HAVE EFTPOS???? I WANT TO SPEAK TO A MANAGER!!!!!" "WOULD YOU MIND BEING A LITTLE FASTER??" "YOU DON'T HAVE TO LOOK SO SOUR YOU KNOW!!"

...etc... etc. >____>

But I bet fast food's even worse : D

Archived