Replacing: Flipped in My Youth 我的青春遇见你

Cast:

Yang Mi

Huang Zi Tao

Dylan Kuo

Nikita Mao

Yang Fei Yang

Synopsis:

Dou Qiao is a genius negotiator who is the star of the US-China Business Council. Male lead Xie Xiaofei also works as a negotiator but is actually the sole heir of a wealthy Chinese-American corporation who wants nothing to do with the family business. He vents his frustrations on Dou Qiao, though their bickering relationship soon takes a romantic turn. The couple separates after Dou Qiao discovers the Xie Family had a hand in her parents’ deaths, only to meet several years later as negotiators of rival firms.

Cr mydramalist

**Click here to request license on Viki**

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

The Negotiator 谈判官 Raw Episode

Dear Translator/Interpreter 亲爱的翻译官 Official Soompi Thread

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators 
angelangie l akinahana89 l LavelyShai

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Negotiators 谈判官
On 2/5/2018 at 11:00 PM, angelangie said:

ops....hahaha....it "Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game"

as im entrench with 'Beyond' currently.....maybe because i used to play it :D 

Ahh Beyond Light Years.. too many good C-dramas out this year.. I can't keep up! Did you like the cheesy Love o2o too? I thought it was cheesy but sweet.

1. Negotiator (Hunan TV) 1.214

2. Negotiator (Hunan TV) 1.238

3. Negotiator (Hunan TV) 1.223

4. Negotiator (Hunan TV) 1.312

5. Negotiator (Hunan TV) 0.929

6. Negotiator (Hunan TV) 0.829

7. Negotiator (Hunan TV) 1.21

Its ratings so far. 

February 5 – February 11 online views were

Negotiator 1696 which is 1.696 billion views .

so i'm up to episode 16 and it gotta say the chemistry is ok but both leads can be really annoying. The story is kinda basic every business story. I think it's better to wait till all episodes are out so you can skip things and do a marathon. 

On 2/12/2018 at 9:36 PM, angelangie said:

yes i saw the rating....it wasnt that bad.....but i guess it really had to depends on certain group of viewers.....

i havent really pick it up as yet as i'm waiting for everything to be air first and i will do a marathon on it later :) 

Just wondering why earlier some were saying it was bad.. to be honest, it has some flaws but it's NOT completely bad. It's funny, and there's some romance in it. :)

AHAHAHAH I was watching the first ep. & noticed that Yang Mi's younger sister was cosplaying as Julia Robert's character from " Pretty Woman! " Everything from the Blonde wig to the oversized blazer, heck even the knee high boots! 

I'm not really sure what to make of this drama as I'm not a fan of Tao's... I think he's playing himself here if ya ask me:tongue: the way his hair is styled just bugs me LoL. As for Yang Mi, I thought she was watchable on Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms & Les Interpretes but that's only because she had decent co-stars. Here I can't help but feel Dylan to be better for her 'cause visually he just looks more fitting than Tao. Plus isn't Yang Mi older??

On 2/15/2018 at 11:44 AM, Latte_Anyday said:

AHAHAHAH I was watching the first ep. & noticed that Yang Mi's younger sister was cosplaying as Julia Robert's character from " Pretty Woman! " Everything from the Blonde wig to the oversized blazer, heck even the knee high boots! 

I'm not really sure what to make of this drama as I'm not a fan of Tao's... I think he's playing himself here if ya ask me:tongue: the way his hair is styled just bugs me LoL. As for Yang Mi, I thought she was watchable on Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms & Les Interpretes but that's only because she had decent co-stars. Here I can't help but feel Dylan to be better for her 'cause visually he just looks more fitting than Tao. Plus isn't Yang Mi older??

Oh I am so glad someone else caught on in episode one with Yang Mi's younger sister. hahahha! 

Hi Everybody...just sat through 20 episodes of this show.  I have to say that I really "want to like it" but what's holding me back is the character of Tong Wei.  I find her to be cold.  Arctic cold and one dimensional.  I keep asking myself, "Why does he like her?  Why doesn't he give up on her already?"  It's too hard to keep watching him bending over backwards for her and she gives nothing....*crickets*  He's supposed to be younger and a bit more immature, but you still have to "sell" the attraction and the love and for me, it's not happening.  I find him a bit charming but her....nada, zilch.  I figure if I want to have coffee or a drink with either character it would be him - hands down no competition.

I don't know about anyone else, but I like dramas where there is some balance to the relationship.  Not one partner should do all of the work....as they say in Kdrama land, "It's burdensome"  

It makes me hopeful, that the great drama writers in the sky will create a situation where they part (now that's a given) and she will "regret" her harsh, cold treatment....because, in real life no one punches a ticket for that kind of one sided love for the extent of this show.

Also, if you are a fan of You Are My Sunshine/Silent Separation by Gu Man the character of Xiao Fei / Huang Zitao plays William - He Yichen the hero's personal assistant (in the movie played by Huang Xiaoming)  William was kind of mysterious and hot in the film adaptation.  BTW, in the film Yang Mi played the part of Zhao Mosheng the heroine.

Thoughts?  Anyone?

3 minutes ago, angelangie said:

actually one of the main reason i didnt try to sit thru the drama is because visual wise it will be better for YangMi to be with Dylan .....

Kris look like a kid playing grown up here.....sorry to anyone who is his fans.....but i dunno the visual couldnt suck me in for one :x

I agree. Kris looks like a kid here as well.. I am on episode 6 and I am finding myself watching Memories of Love rather than this one...

Hey @kismet22 *waves*

I dropped "Negotiators" after just 4-5 ep.(?) I found it really...boring. "Les Interpretes" was kind of crappy midway through but at least it was still watchable. With "Negotiators" I'm not sure what it is but it just doesn't compel me enough for continued viewing. Tao comes across as a whiny crybaby in life anyway so him being this entitled & self-absorbed guy fits him perfectly. His personality grates on me in the long run and Yang Mi looks like his Aunt! 

I feel like they're an odd pairing, like at times it looks like Yang Mi's babysitting him LoL! I just think the drama is more a showcase for Tao's fans. 

I have watched the movie adaptation of 'You're My Sunshine'. I love both versions - movie & drama. Huang Xiao Ming brings a different portrayal of an obsessive but hurt hero. I love Wallace in the drama as well (ah choices LoL) Yang Mi look ridiculous in her pixie cut wig in earlier flashbacks! They definitely had better chemistry than her with Tao for sure. 

@angelangie , @thunderman1 Er--who's Kris?! I think you're confusing Tao with Kris LoL! Btw Kris is a slightly better actor than Tao:tongue: Idk like in "Star of April" the main female lead is in a love triangle with a older male & her much younger assistant. Somehow I felt more chemistry between her and the younger guy. So it's up to the actors I guess... Sadly Tao/Yang Mi are mismatched. 

On 2/24/2018 at 5:12 PM, kismet22 said:

Hi Everybody...just sat through 20 episodes of this show.  I have to say that I really "want to like it" but what's holding me back is the character of Tong Wei.  I find her to be cold.  Arctic cold and one dimensional.  I keep asking myself, "Why does he like her?  Why doesn't he give up on her already?"  It's too hard to keep watching him bending over backwards for her and she gives nothing....*crickets*  He's supposed to be younger and a bit more immature, but you still have to "sell" the attraction and the love and for me, it's not happening.  I find him a bit charming but her....nada, zilch.  I figure if I want to have coffee or a drink with either character it would be him - hands down no competition.

I don't know about anyone else, but I like dramas where there is some balance to the relationship.  Not one partner should do all of the work....as they say in Kdrama land, "It's burdensome"  

It makes me hopeful, that the great drama writers in the sky will create a situation where they part (now that's a given) and she will "regret" her harsh, cold treatment....because, in real life no one punches a ticket for that kind of one sided love for the extent of this show.

Also, if you are a fan of You Are My Sunshine/Silent Separation by Gu Man the character of Xiao Fei / Huang Zitao plays William - He Yichen the hero's personal assistant (in the movie played by Huang Xiaoming)  William was kind of mysterious and hot in the film adaptation.  BTW, in the film Yang Mi played the part of Zhao Mosheng the heroine.

Thoughts?  Anyone?

I can see your point of view regarding Yang Mi, to be they are like fire and ice, she loves him but expresses it in different ways, the show is much further in China and my understanding is  that this aspect of Yang Mi's character gradually changes, as she helps him face obstacles

19 hours ago, thunderman1 said:

I agree. Kris looks like a kid here as well.. I am on episode 6 and I am finding myself watching Memories of Love rather than this one...

Not Kris, Tao, I think Yang Mi's styling is the culprit , they only have 6-7 years difference in real life, she's supposed to be 27 on the show but I find that her styling make her look older like she's end 30's early 40's.

19 hours ago, angelangie said:

actually one of the main reason i didnt try to sit thru the drama is because visual wise it will be better for YangMi to be with Dylan .....

Kris look like a kid playing grown up here.....sorry to anyone who is his fans.....but i dunno the visual couldnt suck me in for one :x

Not Kris, Huang Zitao As a fan of Noona dramas, one of my favorite couples is (Lee Jong Suk and Lee Boo Young in I hear your voice) it didn't bother me as  long as they have chemistry.

16 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Hey @kismet22 *waves*

I dropped "Negotiators" after just 4-5 ep.(?) I found it really...boring. "Les Interpretes" was kind of crappy midway through but at least it was still watchable. With "Negotiators" I'm not sure what it is but it just doesn't compel me enough for continued viewing. Tao comes across as a whiny crybaby in life anyway so him being this entitled & self-absorbed guy fits him perfectly. His personality grates on me in the long run and Yang Mi looks like his Aunt! 

I feel like they're an odd pairing, like at times it looks like Yang Mi's babysitting him LoL! I just think the drama is more a showcase for Tao's fans. 

I have watched the movie adaptation of 'You're My Sunshine'. I love both versions - movie & drama. Huang Xiao Ming brings a different portrayal of an obsessive but hurt hero. I love Wallace in the drama as well (ah choices LoL) Yang Mi look ridiculous in her pixie cut wig in earlier flashbacks! They definitely had better chemistry than her with Tao for sure. 

@angelangie , @thunderman1 Er--who's Kris?! I think you're confusing Tao with Kris LoL! Btw Kris is a slightly better actor than Tao:tongue: Idk like in "Star of April" the main female lead is in a love triangle with a older male & her much younger assistant. Somehow I felt more chemistry between her and the younger guy. So it's up to the actors I guess... Sadly Tao/Yang Mi are mismatched. 

The general public consensus is that Tao is a better actor than Kris. Kris won Golden Broom (equivalent of the Golen raspberry award in China) for most disappointing actor for pretty much all his leading roles. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Youth_Film_Handbook#Golden_Broom_Awards

Negotiator is a massive hit in China has been #1 in ratings nationally everyday since it's beginning, and also over 7 billion views on streaming platforms in 3 weeks.

The drama's success is credited to Tao's portrayal of Xie Xiaofei, he received a lot of praises and the drama appeals to all demographics, old, young, women, men.

The surprising reason why The Negotiator has hit 5 billion views in China

https://www.dramafever.com/news/the-surprising-reason-why-the-negotiator-has-hit-5-billion-views-in-china/

However, the surprising reason why The Negotiator has become the most popular new drama in China is that it has struck a chord with multiple generations, not just with the younger viewers.

The story of a wealthy heir who runs into hard times and eventually becomes inspired to better himself for a comeback is a universally inspiring theme. Tao's successful performance has attracted the attention of those viewers who normally don't watch romances geared toward the younger set. Many of them, especially the older generation with children, really appreciate the motivational message imbedded within the drama.

And, the leading man is the adorable Tao who has shined with perfect comedic timing! Some net users have shared comments revealing that their mothers are now in love with Tao.

Tao is trending often because of the drama, receiving a lot of love and being called Nations's boyfriend, the boyfriend everyone wants to have.

Tao gets praised for his role

https://twitter.com/BaiduTaoBar/status/960843592972451840

https://twitter.com/BaiduTaoBar/status/965881007965536257

Xie Xiaofei Mania

https://twitter.com/BaiduTaoBar/status/961908747797807104

Archived