[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Master Devil Do Not Kiss Me 惡魔少爺別吻我

sugarplum892

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But the good thing is that CX will soon discover that MK is not a person to be trusted. She's given her the benefit of the doubt but with the latest "I'm-a-damsel-in-distress" episode, I hope the penny drops and CX at least, catches on to her nice-as-pie act. MK has done her best to make CX feel like the outsider and intruder.

I'm starting to be really impressed with QL. He's maturing and upping his game. I imagine his father's collapse was a bit of a shock to the system. 

CC annoys some times...  He's not a bad kid but he's got the wrong end of the stick. I know he means well and he thinks he has every right to try and win the girl's heart. But at the end of the day, he needs to learn that it isn't about him... how sincere he is or how much he likes CX. Women aren't trophies to be won and there are no formulas to being successful in love. No doubt sincerity can go a long way but sincerity on its own is not the answer to getting what you want in life. There are just too many variables.

@themarchioness thank you so much for the recaps.  The subs are upto ep.23 and the RAW uploaded upto ep.38.  I just now watched the last episode.  ACX is back at the Han villa to help XL to cook and help him when yuan jiejie is taking care of XL's paa.  So, XL is taking their business responsibility in place of his dad, i suppose.  CX does not know how to cook. She give him a burnt egg pancake the first day. The next day we see MQ cooking at HQL's kitchen. She is preparing stew.  She acts as if she got burnt when she opens the hot lid of the stew pan. But ACX somehow figured that MQ is putting up a show before XL, to get his attention coz the lid is heat proof and does not hurt.  the episode ends.  

In this episode, XL tries to kiss CX.  They got distracted when she hears the cat meowing.  he says that she is just hearing things and takes her to her room.  So a missed kiss.  

Hope soon MQ's mask comes off.  But i think she is also sick and i have to wait for the subs, what actual sickness she is suffering from.

i enjoy this drama so very much.  I also like Han Yu.  He is such a sweet character.  Hope he pairs up with Xioa Nan, who i find so cute.

MK is playing all sorts of tricks to gain QL attention but QL just treats her as a friend. It is so obvious that QL weren't very happy being with MK and his mind is thinking of CX. Instead, he was very happy when CX finally returned home and his mood immediately lifted. We would have gotten another kiss if not for the cat! I am just glad that despite the cold war between QL and CX, QL is secretly cheering for CX to win the competition. 

CX will find out that MK is faking the damsel in distress act. I don't think she will tell QL. Even if she did, I doubt QL will believe her. QL will have to find out for himself what kind of person MK really is. 

12 hours ago, padhari said:

@themarchioness thank you so much for the recaps.  The subs are upto ep.23 and the RAW uploaded upto ep.38.  I just now watched the last episode.  ACX is back at the Han villa to help XL to cook and help him when yuan jiejie is taking care of XL's paa.  So, XL is taking their business responsibility in place of his dad, i suppose.  CX does not know how to cook. She give him a burnt egg pancake the first day. The next day we see MQ cooking at HQL's kitchen. She is preparing stew.  She acts as if she got burnt when she opens the hot lid of the stew pan. But ACX somehow figured that MQ is putting up a show before XL, to get his attention coz the lid is heat proof and does not hurt.  the episode ends.  

In this episode, XL tries to kiss CX.  They got distracted when she hears the cat meowing.  he says that she is just hearing things and takes her to her room.  So a missed kiss.  

Hope soon MQ's mask comes off.  But i think she is also sick and i have to wait for the subs, what actual sickness she is suffering from.

i enjoy this drama so very much.  I also like Han Yu.  He is such a sweet character.  Hope he pairs up with Xioa Nan, who i find so cute.

I really loved episode 15 (or 38, however you want to count the eps).  The part where QL started meowing to distract her from the real cat had me in stitches!

But I wish he would let her know about the cat.  Because if she knew about the cat, she'd know he had been back to Cat Ear Alley, and know that he's the one who's been leaving her messages.  Mostly, I wish she knew that he did care about her and that she's the one he wants to be with.  Similarly, I wish that he knew she cared about him and knew that she's in an uncomfortable place -- wanting to be supportive of his relationship with MK, but also helpless to feel jealous of the time they spend together.  THEY JUST NEED TO TALK.  And then all this discomfort would disappear and they'd be happy. 

JUST GAH.

MK and XW teaming up is certainly not helping things, but at the same time, it's a team that's bound to lose because first of all, they don't even trust each other.  It's amazing they've made it this far working together given that they clash on everything.  Second of all, and the biggest reason of all, they're also obviously not going to win because neither of them are CX.  :tongue:

As for MK "acting" like she got burnt when she lifted the lid off the pot, I don't think it was an act.  At least not entirely.  Basically, her injury is that she cut hand while working her part-time jobs in France.  It looks like the broken plate probably caught the tendon area of her hand?  That area in between the thumb and the pointer finger.  As the doctor explained, it doesn't look like a huge injury because it's an internal injury.  Apparently it couldn't be operated on and so she's just stuck with her condition.  It sounds like it hindered her future as a fashion designer and at the end of the day, that's what brought her back to China and Qi Lu. It wasn't really for him.  It was just -- she couldn't pursue her career, so she decided to come back and settle for Qi Lu because at least she'd have that much, if she couldn't have the other.  If she could still do her design stuff, there's no way she'd be back in China.  So, UGH.  Clearly does not deserve him!  Anyhoo . . . I think that's why she dropped the pot's lid.  We've seen multiple times now where someone will hand her something heavy and she'll drop it.  At first, I thought it was a ploy on her part to get Qi Lu's attention.  Like the one time she dropped the tea pot and splashed herself with hot tea.  Qi Lu ran over and helped her clean up and make sure she didn't get burn.  It seemed attention-seeking to me.  But as we learned more about her injury, the dots started connecting.  I think her hand injury prevents her from holding/carrying heavy items; it's weakened.  So she loses her grip and causes things to fall.  She salvages the situation by getting sympathy and attention whenever she does, but at the same time, she's not willing to admit to her injury either.  So she blames it on things being too hot; like the tea pot, like the lid on the boiling pot.  She can't admit to her injury because if she did, then Qi Lu would see right through her and know the real reason why she came home.  So much for that whole, I came back because I realized that when I wasn't with you, I wasn't Xiang Man Kuai talk!

3 hours ago, themarchioness said:

As for MK "acting" like she got burnt when she lifted the lid off the pot, I don't think it was an act.  At least not entirely.  Basically, her injury is that she cut hand while working her part-time jobs in France.  It looks like the broken plate probably caught the tendon area of her hand?  That area in between the thumb and the pointer finger.  As the doctor explained, it doesn't look like a huge injury because it's an internal injury.  Apparently it couldn't be operated on and so she's just stuck with her condition. 

I realised it later, that she may not be acting.  Actually she was holding on to her stomach as if she was suffering from severe pain also, doesnt she?  she was taken to the school infirmary by XL.  does she have a serious health problem?  thanks for all the doubts clarification.  your recap really helps a lot.  thanks once again.

10 minutes ago, padhari said:
3 hours ago, themarchioness said:

I realised it later, that she may not be acting.  Actually she was holding on to her stomach as if she was suffering from severe pain also, doesnt she?  she was taken to the school infirmary by XL.  does she have a serious health problem?  thanks for all the doubts clarification.  your recap really helps a lot.  thanks once again.

Yes, her stomach pains are genuine.  At the end of Episode 8, the school nurse tells Qi Lu and MK that her health is not good and she should be checked out at a hospital.  She doesn't listen and in Episode 10, ends up suffering from more gastric pain and passed out when she's waiting for Qi Lu at the exhibit. 

Towards the end Episode 10, she explains to QL and CX that she had trouble sleeping when she first moved to a foreign country, due to difficulty adapting.  She ended up getting addicted to sleeping pills, to the point where her doctor wouldn't prescribe them anymore.  So she went and bought off the counter stuff herself, and took an entire bottle and had gastrospasms.  She had to be treated at a hospital where the addiction was discovered and she was slowly weaned off the pills.

Now, we also know that she faked the whole overdose thing in Episode 10, trying to garner sympathy and keep QL by her side.  But as for the story of her past?  I believe it.  Because she does have gastric issues and why else would someone so young have them?  MK is clever, too clever for her own good, so I think she weaves shreds of truth into her little ploys.  In this instance, she's using her past experiences to create sympathy in the present.

5 hours ago, themarchioness said:

As for MK "acting" like she got burnt when she lifted the lid off the pot, I don't think it was an act.  At least not entirely.  Basically, her injury is that she cut hand while working her part-time jobs in France.  It looks like the broken plate probably caught the tendon area of her hand?  That area in between the thumb and the pointer finger.  As the doctor explained, it doesn't look like a huge injury because it's an internal injury.  Apparently it couldn't be operated on and so she's just stuck with her condition.  It sounds like it hindered her future as a fashion designer and at the end of the day, that's what brought her back to China and Qi Lu. It wasn't really for him.  It was just -- she couldn't pursue her career, so she decided to come back and settle for Qi Lu because at least she'd have that much, if she couldn't have the other.  If she could still do her design stuff, there's no way she'd be back in China.  So, UGH.  Clearly does not deserve him!  Anyhoo . . . I think that's why she dropped the pot's lid.  We've seen multiple times now where someone will hand her something heavy and she'll drop it.  At first, I thought it was a ploy on her part to get Qi Lu's attention.  Like the one time she dropped the tea pot and splashed herself with hot tea.  Qi Lu ran over and helped her clean up and make sure she didn't get burn.  It seemed attention-seeking to me.  But as we learned more about her injury, the dots started connecting.  I think her hand injury prevents her from holding/carrying heavy items; it's weakened.  So she loses her grip and causes things to fall.  She salvages the situation by getting sympathy and attention whenever she does, but at the same time, she's not willing to admit to her injury either.  So she blames it on things being too hot; like the tea pot, like the lid on the boiling pot.  She can't admit to her injury because if she did, then Qi Lu would see right through her and know the real reason why she came home.  So much for that whole, I came back because I realized that when I wasn't with you, I wasn't Xiang Man Kuai talk!

As far as MK is concerned, I'm trying to tread carefully. I don't want to jump the gun but if she's trying to garner as much sympathy from both QL and CX then to me the logical thing would be to milk her injury for whatever it's worth especially if she's trying desperately to come between them and win QL back.  If she's able to do food prep and lift the lid to put it on the pot, I'm not convinced about the weak wrist. Maybe I'm slow here but I don't understand the need for deception. It makes no sense to hide an injury in order to avoid suspicion regarding the real motive for returning when she affects another scenario at the hospital which requires an even more complex explanation to achieve the desired effect. QL saw through it straightaway and yet she managed to manoeuvre herself out of it. So why not tell him about the injury and talk her way out of it? I can't reconcile those two things.

Maybe I expect better from the writing than is warranted. :wink:

From my perspective it looked to me like she dropped the lid deliberately exclaiming that it was hot. My Chinese isn't the greatest but I'm quite certain when CX picked it up she said that it was "not hot". Maybe it's just bad acting... but right now after putting on a big drama in the hospital, I feel that MK will have to work very hard to earn some trust. With me at least. Especially when she whispered something to the effect of "I'm sorry CX, but I can't do without QL" afterwards.  

Everything we know about MK so far has come from her with as far as I know with no third party confirmation. I would take everything she says with a very large spoonful of salt. She may be a pitiful creature to some degree but if someone has to resort to deception to get what they want then obviously they feel they have something to hide.

@themarchioness, thanks for the clarification.  So, her gastric and the wrist botherations are genuine and true, but she is taking that as an advantage to get QL back.  Since AXC and MK seem to have the same good attitudes, i dont get angry at MK but i pity her.  She is  at a loss since she left QL back and went abroad for studies.  She was too ambititious.  She lost QL.  Maybe she took him for granted that he will never have a change of heart and like another girl, since he was so devoted to her.  Now that she realised that AXC is really a good girl and he is falling for her, she is turning bad against XC teaming up with XW.   Hope she realise what she is doing is bad and come to senses. 

Thank you so much for your reply.  

3 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

From my perspective it looked to me like she dropped the lid deliberately exclaiming that it was hot. My Chinese isn't the greatest but I'm quite certain when CX picked it up she said that it was "not hot". Maybe it's just bad acting... but right now after putting on a big drama in the hospital, I feel that MK will have to work very hard to earn some trust. With me at least. Especially when she whispered something to the effect of "I'm sorry CX, but I can't do without QL" afterwards.  

Everything we know about MK so far has come from her with as far as I know with no third party confirmation. I would take everything she says with a very large spoonful of salt. She may be a pitiful creature to some degree but if someone has to resort to deception to get what they want then obviously they feel they have something to hide.

You're right, CX did pick up the lid and say, "it's not hot," with a curious sort of lilt in her voice.

And that's my guess: that MK does have something to hide.

If CX follows keeps following the string, now that she realizes MK lied about the pot lid being hot, she'll figure out that MK didn't drop it because it was hot but because she has an injured hand.  Lying about a drug overdose in the hospital and lying about the hand are, in my opinion, two different things.  In the former incident, she was already hospitalized for her stomach issues.  She might as well come clean then about her addiction and its effects on her, and spun in a way to make it sound like she got addicted because she was all by herself in a foreign country, is pretty sympathetic-sounding.  She was also using the fake overdose to keep Qi Lu by her side.  There was already a little bit of guilt in him anyway for not meeting her at the exhibit; he probably thought if he'd at least been there, she wouldn't have had to pass out on the street by himself.  So all in all, I get why she'd concoct that elaborate overdose lie in the hospital.

Revealing the injured hand, on the other hand, implicates far greater things.  At the hospital, she spun a good tale about how she left because of her pride and her need to prove to the world and herself that she could make it on her own.  When Qi Lu asked her why she came back then, she basically told him that it was because she realized without him, she was nothing.  She made it sound like she had the world but gave it up because of him; she sacrificed herself for him.  That would be a very heady sort of thing to hear from Qi Lu's perspective and no wonder he feels all sympathetic after that, even if he can't quite feel the same way about her as he used to.  But as we now know, she didn't give up anything to return to him.  On the contrary, she had nowhere else to go.  (It's telling that after she hears the diagnosis from her doctor, she says, "I've lost my right hand; Qi Lu, I can't lose you too."). 

So yes, she could reveal that she injured her hand while she was abroad, and milk sympathy for being in a weakened state, but if she did that, it'd be hard to get around the real reasons for why she came home.  I think it's a lot harder to explain away the fact that she left for selfish reasons when she left without saying a word to him, and that she's now returned for selfish reasons as well.  (Qi Lu's not an idiot, after all.)

But these are just my guesses based on what we've seen so far.  We'll have to continue watching to see how things shake out.  :)

I realize, I'm working out of order here now, but with subs already up to 9, I thought they might catch up to me while I was working on recaps, so I decided to start with episode 15 and will work my way backwards until my recaps and the subs meet. 

Plus, I really liked episode 15 and wanted to watch it again.  :) 

Master Devil, Season 2

Episode 15 Recap

Spoiler

Liu Ge lies in the hospital.  Qi Lu sits next to him looking distraught.  Behind him, the doctor and his mother talk.  The doctor tells them that’s Liu Ge is no longer in critical condition, but he still has to stay in the hospital to remain under observation for a while and that before he leaves the hospital, they should make sure to not let him worry about anything. 

The doctor leaves and Qi Lu holds back his tears.  His mother walks over and puts her arms around him.  She tells him not to be sad because his father will get better.  He nods and agrees. 

Just then, there’s a knock at the door.  It turns out to be one of the employees from the family’s company, Secretary Liu, who has come to see them.  Yuan Yuan Jie comments with surprise to hear that the company has a big problem.  She says it’s no wonder Liu Ge never told her about it.  Secretary Liu tells them that some of their investments items failed and that their sources of funds have also run into problems.  Right now, both their old shareholders and their major shareholders have started making movements towards withdrawing their stocks.  Secretary Liu advises Yuan Yuan Jie that she should make an appearance at this moment, to stand in the Chairman’s place.  Yuan Yuan Jian is surprised by this suggestion and comments that she’s just a housewife.  Furthermore, she doesn’t recognize any of those shareholders and she’s only visited the company but a handful of times.  Then she looks in Qi Lu’s direction and comments that he’s still in school and hasn’t graduated.  She asks Secretary Liu if there isn’t any other avenue they can pursue.  That’s when Secretary Liu suggests that Qi Lu do it.  He’s as surprised by the suggestion, but she tells him that he’s already 20 years old and he should take up this responsibility.  Furthermore, a lot of those shareholders have watched him grow up and like him.  Plus, Si Di Lan is well-known for its business studies.  Qi Lu hesitates, but his mother tells him to go, and he has no choice but to agree.

Chu Xia rushes into the hospital room.  Finding him alone, she takes a seat next to him and says in her head, “Uncle Han, Mama, you both have to hang in there and keep on living.  Chu Xia tries hard every day.  She’s working hard to become the ideal image of herself.  I’m begging you, you have to live well.”

Yuan Yuan Jie returns and comforts Chu Xia.  She tells her not to cry because her uncle and her mother will both be okay. 

Man Kuai and Xin Wei are talking on the rooftop of one of their school buildings.  Man Kuai is shocked to hear that something has happened to the Han family.  Xin Wei tells her that, to put it simply, the Han family is about to go broke.  Man Kuai is surprised to hear it’s that serious.  Xin Wei says she heard it from her father, and that she heard a lot of their shareholders want to withdraw their investments.  It’s also because of this news that yesterday, Qi Lu’s father got so mad he had to be admitted to the hospital.  Man Kuai says it’s no wonder Qi Lu didn’t come to school today. 

Xin Wei asks her where she and Qi Lu went yesterday.  Man Kuai asks if that has anything to do with her.  Xin Wei says she shouldn’t use that tone of voice with her because right now, the only people who can help the Han family is her family’s Jiang Shi Ji Tuan.  All her dad has to do is say one word and then all of the Han family’s problems will be solved.  Then she asks Man Kuai what she has to offer.  Man Kuai simply answers, “You’re right.  All I am is a small bit role,” and walks off.  But Xin Wei tells her to stop right there and grabs her arm.  That’s when Man Kuai tells her that she doesn’t like talking to people like her and says, “Fine, if I’m not important and all I am is a small bit role, then our partnership can just end right here.”  This time she really does walk off.

Qi Lu, dressed in a suit, and Secretary Liu walk out of an office building.  He yanks at his tie and says, “Those old codgers were just trying to make things difficult for me.”  Secretary Liu tells him that they were merely looking at him as someone who is young and doesn’t understand business.  That’s why they were making things difficult for him on purpose.  “One hundred million,” he reminds her.  Then he asks her where in the world is he going to find one hundred million in one week.  Secretary Lee tells him that for now, this is their only solution: to find new partners to work with to help them get through this difficult storm.  That way the shareholders won’t bring up the idea of breaking up the partnership again.  Qi Lu nods with understanding.

Qi Lu returns home that night to an empty house.  His mother calls and tells him that she let most of the servants go home for a break, as she and Lao Han are at the hospital taking care of Liu Ge.  She tells him that for the next couple of days, he’ll have to take care of himself.  He tells her understands and hangs up.  Right at that moment, he hears a clatter from outside.  He calls out, “Who’s there?” and then walks to the front door.  He opens it, starts to ask again who’s there, but mid-question, it turns into a scream, “It’s a ghost!”  When he tries to the shut the door, Chu Xia just pushes it back open.  “You’re the ghost,” she tells him. 

“An Chu Xia, what are you doing pretending to be a ghost in the middle of the night?”

“Who’s trying to be a ghost?  The light by the door’s out and I couldn’t find my key to open the door.” 

Qi Lu sighs.  “What’d you come here for?”

“I heard there was someone home by themselves and scared, so I came to keep him company.”

Qi Lu scoffs.  “Who’s scared?  You’re thinking too much.”  Then he tries to wave her away and tells her to go back, but Chu Xia just walks in anyway and fights against him until she’s past the doorway.  Even as he tells her to go back, she just tells him that she’s not leaving.

Finally, he says, “Fine.  If you’re determined to not leave, then you might as well come in.  I was thinking I’d get to spend a few days by myself without a care in the world, but you know, it just so happens the house is missing a maid right now, so go on in.”  He waves her in past the door and acts all resigned and unaffected, but as he closes the door behind her, he smiles.

Chu Xia rolls her suitcase through the house to her room and Qi Lu goes to hunt down the cat.  He stuffs the cat in a closet and tells it that it can’t let Chu Xia find it.

Qi Lu is sitting on the living room couch when Chu Xia walks back in and asks if he isn’t going to bed yet.  He tells her to come over so they can talk.  She joins him on the couch but sits near the edge.  When she tells him to start talking, he tells her to sit closer.  She inches forward just a bit, and he says, “Closer.”  When she only inches forward just a little bit again, he gets up and moves closer to her.  She asks him if they have to be this close, and then tells him that if he has something to say to hurry up and do so.  Qi Lu thinks carefully before finally turning to her and saying, “Chu Xia.”  Then he pinches her cheeks and continues, “From now on, no matter what situation the two of us may encounter, let’s not fight anymore.  Okay?”  She agrees and he smiles, letting go of her cheeks but leaving one hand on her shoulder.  She asks him why he’s smiling and he says, “Nothing.  It’s just, looking at you, it makes me happy.  Thank you, Chu Xia.”  She looks away obviously pleased by his words, and then he gives her a hug and says, “Thank you for being willing to come home.”  Chu Xia says that his heart’s beating fast and he says, “I’m sure it’s yours.”  She laughs and says, “It seems that way.”  Qi Lu lets go of her then and starts to lean in for a kiss, but then there’s a meow.  Chu Xia looks at him in surprise and asks, “Is there a cat in the house?”  Qi Lu tells her, “No!  There’s not!  You heard wrong just now.”  But the cat meows again and again.  Chu Xia turns to look around her and that’s when Qi Lu starts to pretend to be a cat.  Then he tells her that the couple of meows she just heard actually came from him and asks her if she doesn’t just like a cat.  She just looks at him and asks, “Is that so?”  And he says, “Of course it is.  Why would I lie to you about something like this?  Meow, meow, meow, meow.”  Then he tells her that she must be tired and guesses that she’s been too busy to sleep and hurries her off to bed while telling her that she definitely heard wrong because there’s no cat.

The next morning Chu Xia slaves over the stove to make breakfast.  She sets the plate of eggs down in front of Qi Lu and tells him to eat up, but it doesn’t look particularly appetizing.  He gets up and says he’ll look in the freezer to see what’s there but she just tells him to sit back down and eat.  He takes a bite and with not a small amount of surprise tells her it’s good.  Chu Xia can hardly believe it as he tells her it’s true, it tastes good, and that she should try some.  He cuts another piece and feeds it to her, and then promptly spits out his own mouthful.  The minute the food touches her mouth, Chu Xia knows she’s been had.  He asks her if it tastes good and although she nods, she spits the food out as well.  Then she yells at him and calls him black-hearted.  He tells her to take her time enjoying it and says he’s heading off to school first.  As he runs off, she yells after him, “How could you give me such awful tasting food to eat?!”

The gossips are back at it.  “Have you heard?  Han Qi Lu’s family company has run into problems and all the shareholders are talking about backing out.”  “I never would have thought that the Han family would ever be on the verge of bankruptcy.”  “It can’t be.  How can Han Qi Lu’s family meet its end so quickly?  No wonder people said that An Chu Xia was someone who would bring bad luck.”  “It’s really too bad for Han Qi Lu; suddenly, he’s gone from being a prince to a frog.”

Qi Lu and Chu Xia are walking through school together when she asks him, “What’s up with everyone?”  He tells her, “Who cares.”  Xiao Nan calls out to Chu Xia and when Chu Xia asks her what’s going on, she realizes Qi Lu’s with her and so says, “Nothing, I’m leaving first.”  Qi Lu calls her back though and apologizes for the previous incident between them.  Xiao Nan tells him it’s okay since they’re all friends of Chu Xia’s anyway.  Chu Xia says that’s right, and so they should all be happy and get along.  Then she takes each one by the arm and leads them away.

From up above, Xin Wei and Wan Zi witness the exchange.  They don’t look happy about it either.

Xin Wei meets with Qi Lu and tells him they should talk.  He asks about what.  She says about their future.  He asks, “What future?” because his future doesn’t need her worrying over it.  Xin Wei only nods and smiles before asking if he’s that determined to give up his family’s company’s last chance.  She then moves from sitting across him to next to him.  Leaning in close and taking one of his arms in her own, she tells him that all he has to do is promise to be with her and then she’ll have her father reach out to help his company.  (Around the corner, we see Man Kuai listening in on the conversation.)  Qi Lu asks, “Really?”  When she says, of course, and that it would be a very easy thing for her Jiang family to do, Qi Lu answers, “According to what you’re saying, if I were to give up on this opportunity today, I’d be a big idiot, right?”  She laughs and says, “So long as you know it, that’s fine.”  Qi Lu then continues to play her game for a little bit by commenting on the beautiful partnership that could be created by merging the two families, until he finally says, “But you know, this thing called love, you don’t have it.”  Then he shoves her aside and walks off.  (Around the corner, Man Kuai smirks.)

Feng Shao’s in his sports equipment room playing games on his phone when Chen Chuan comes running in and tells him to stop playing.  He tells Feng Shuan that something big has happened.  Chu Xia’s slept with Qi Lu!  That gets Feng Shao’s attention immediately but when pressed, Chen Chuan admits that they haven’t slept together, he just feels it’s imminent.  Feng Shao hits him for suggesting otherwise and asks him why he’d say that if it hasn’t happened.  That’s when Chen Chuan explains that with Qi Lu’s father in the hospital, that leave just the two of them staying in the house by themselves.  All it’d take is one spark for it to happen, and he’s freaking out and say she has to do something.  Feng Shao’s still trying to get caught up to speed though and asks if Chu Xia isn’t staying at the hotel.  Chen Chuan just points out that the sun is going down quickly and that there are only a few more hours until it’s dark, so Feng Shao has to help him.  Feng Shao eventually agrees to help just to get Chen Chuan to stop nagging at him.

Yuan Yuan Jie and Lao Han are at the hospital keeping Liu Ge company.  As she works on her husband’s nails, she tells Lao Han to stop eating so many snacks because it’s not healthy.  Liu Ge tells his wife that given Lao Han’s age, she should just let him live as he likes.  This makes Lao Han happy to hear as he comments that in the end, it’s Liu Ge who understands him best.  Liu Ge then says that sometimes, when he thinks about it, people think too much and take too much into consideration.  But in the end, when it comes to having their wishes fulfilled, it’s the opposite and there isn’t much of that.  Which is why, to put it simply, he’s come to realize that people should live as they please but with moderation, as that will actually lead them to happiness.  Yuan Yuan Jie just tells him that if he could really think that way, she’d be thrilled.  That’s when he thinks to ask after Qi Lu.  She tells him that Qi Lu and Chu Xia are at home, and explains that the minute Chu Xia heard he was sick, she moved back home.  She then tells him not to worry because the children are all grown up and are doing fine. 

Back at home, Qi Lu is lying on the couch with the sun setting and mumbling about how he’s about to die of hunger.  He then comments that all she did was run out to buy some soy sauce and it’s taking her forever. 

Outside, Chu Xia has just reached the outside gates to the house when she answers a call from Feng Shao who invites her out to dinner.  She tells him that she’s not going as she just bought soy sauce and is on her way home to make dinner.  Feng Shao says he can’t believe that Qi Lu is really using her like a maid, but she tells him that’s not the case and hangs up the phone  She then runs into the house and announces her return, and discovers Man Kuai cooking in her kitchen. 

Chu Xia asks Man Kuai what she’s doing there.  Qi Lu tells her that Xiao Kuai knew it was just the two of them at home for dinner today, so she came over to make dinner for them.  Chu Xia looks obviously discomfited by this but asks Man Kuai if she needs help anyway.  Man Kuai says no and Qi Lu looks back up from his magazine at that.  He tells Chu Xia she should just sit next to him and wait to eat, and that Man Kuai’s good at cooking.  Man Kuai says that’s right, and coming over to take the soy sauce from Chu Xia, she tells her she can handle everything by herself.  Chu Xia says she’s leaving after that, but Qi Lu calls after her and asks her where she’s going.  She says Feng Shao invited her out earlier and now that there’s someone to make him dinner, she might as well go.  Qi Lu stands up and drags her back, and tells her she’s not allowed to go.  When she asks him why not, he just says if I say you can’t go, you can’t go.  Then he tells her to come wait with him.  Chu Xia refuses to let herself be dragged and simply points at the kitchen, saying that she’s going to go see if there’s anything she can help with. 

In the kitchen, she asks Man Kuai if there’s anything she can help with and Man Kuai suggests she wash the vegetables.  As they work together, Man Kuai asks if she’s still angry.  Chu Xia tells her no.  Man Kuai says that actually, she’s always thought of them as good friends, which is why sometimes when she sees how close she and Xiao Nan are, she gets a little jealous.  Then she asks about the incident from last time, when everyone was pretty unhappy over it, and wonders if Chu Xia still has any misunderstandings over it.  Chu Xia tells her that actually, there were things she got wrong about that incident too.  Man Kuai says then that they’re still good friends, right?  And Chu Xia agrees. 

Chu Xia notices the water’s boiling and Man Kuai says she’ll get it.  She lifts the lid to the pot and promptly drops it.  She grabs her wrist and flexes it, while Chu Xia asks if she’s okay.  Man Kuai says the lid was too hot, but she’s okay.  Qi Lu rushes over and asks what’s going on.  Chu Xia tells him that the water was too hot so when she went to grab the pot lid, she wasn’t able to get a good grip on it.  Qi Lu asks Man Kuai where she burned herself and she tells him it’s okay.  She didn’t grab the pot lid well and so it fell and bumped her leg.  He sighs and tells her to come with him.  With one arm around her shoulder, he tells her he’ll support her (to help her walk).  Chu Xia watches them leave and bends over to pick up the pot lid.  As she puts it back on the pot, she touches the handle again and says with surprise and confusion, “It’s not hot.”

1 hour ago, themarchioness said:

I realize, I'm working out of order here now, but with subs already up to 9, I thought they might catch up to me while I was working on recaps, so I decided to start with episode 15 and will work my way backwards until my recaps and the subs meet. 

Plus, I really liked episode 15 and wanted to watch it again.  :) 

Master Devil, Season 2

Episode 15 Recap

Reveal hidden contents

Liu Ge lies in the hospital.  Qi Lu sits next to him looking distraught.  Behind him, the doctor and his mother talk.  The doctor tells them that’s Liu Ge is no longer in critical condition, but he still has to stay in the hospital to remain under observation for a while and that before he leaves the hospital, they should make sure to not let him worry about anything. 

The doctor leaves and Qi Lu holds back his tears.  His mother walks over and puts her arms around him.  She tells him not to be sad because his father will get better.  He nods and agrees. 

Just then, there’s a knock at the door.  It turns out to be one of the employees from the family’s company, Secretary Liu, who has come to see them.  Yuan Yuan Jie comments with surprise to hear that the company has a big problem.  She says it’s no wonder Liu Ge never told her about it.  Secretary Liu tells them that some of their investments items failed and that their sources of funds have also run into problems.  Right now, both their old shareholders and their major shareholders have started making movements towards withdrawing their stocks.  Secretary Liu advises Yuan Yuan Jie that she should make an appearance at this moment, to stand in the Chairman’s place.  Yuan Yuan Jian is surprised by this suggestion and comments that she’s just a housewife.  Furthermore, she doesn’t recognize any of those shareholders and she’s only visited the company but a handful of times.  Then she looks in Qi Lu’s direction and comments that he’s still in school and hasn’t graduated.  She asks Secretary Liu if there isn’t any other avenue they can pursue.  That’s when Secretary Liu suggests that Qi Lu do it.  He’s as surprised by the suggestion, but she tells him that he’s already 20 years old and he should take up this responsibility.  Furthermore, a lot of those shareholders have watched him grow up and like him.  Plus, Si Di Lan is well-known for its business studies.  Qi Lu hesitates, but his mother tells him to go, and he has no choice but to agree.

Chu Xia rushes into the hospital room.  Finding him alone, she takes a seat next to him and says in her head, “Uncle Han, Mama, you both have to hang in there and keep on living.  Chu Xia tries hard every day.  She’s working hard to become the ideal image of herself.  I’m begging you, you have to live well.”

Yuan Yuan Jie returns and comforts Chu Xia.  She tells her not to cry because her uncle and her mother will both be okay. 

Man Kuai and Xin Wei are talking on the rooftop of one of their school buildings.  Man Kuai is shocked to hear that something has happened to the Han family.  Xin Wei tells her that, to put it simply, the Han family is about to go broke.  Man Kuai is surprised to hear it’s that serious.  Xin Wei says she heard it from her father, and that she heard a lot of their shareholders want to withdraw their investments.  It’s also because of this news that yesterday, Qi Lu’s father got so mad he had to be admitted to the hospital.  Man Kuai says it’s no wonder Qi Lu didn’t come to school today. 

Xin Wei asks her where she and Qi Lu went yesterday.  Man Kuai asks if that has anything to do with her.  Xin Wei says she shouldn’t use that tone of voice with her because right now, the only people who can help the Han family is her family’s Jiang Shi Ji Tuan.  All her dad has to do is say one word and then all of the Han family’s problems will be solved.  Then she asks Man Kuai what she has to offer.  Man Kuai simply answers, “You’re right.  All I am is a small bit role,” and walks off.  But Xin Wei tells her to stop right there and grabs her arm.  That’s when Man Kuai tells her that she doesn’t like talking to people like her and says, “Fine, if I’m not important and all I am is a small bit role, then our partnership can just end right here.”  This time she really does walk off.

Qi Lu, dressed in a suit, and Secretary Liu walk out of an office building.  He yanks at his tie and says, “Those old codgers were just trying to make things difficult for me.”  Secretary Liu tells him that they were merely looking at him as someone who is young and doesn’t understand business.  That’s why they were making things difficult for him on purpose.  “One hundred million,” he reminds her.  Then he asks her where in the world is he going to find one hundred million in one week.  Secretary Lee tells him that for now, this is their only solution: to find new partners to work with to help them get through this difficult storm.  That way the shareholders won’t bring up the idea of breaking up the partnership again.  Qi Lu nods with understanding.

Qi Lu returns home that night to an empty house.  His mother calls and tells him that she let most of the servants go home for a break, as she and Lao Han are at the hospital taking care of Liu Ge.  She tells him that for the next couple of days, he’ll have to take care of himself.  He tells her understands and hangs up.  Right at that moment, he hears a clatter from outside.  He calls out, “Who’s there?” and then walks to the front door.  He opens it, starts to ask again who’s there, but mid-question, it turns into a scream, “It’s a ghost!”  When he tries to the shut the door, Chu Xia just pushes it back open.  “You’re the ghost,” she tells him. 

“An Chu Xia, what are you doing pretending to be a ghost in the middle of the night?”

“Who’s trying to be a ghost?  The light by the door’s out and I couldn’t find my key to open the door.” 

Qi Lu sighs.  “What’d you come here for?”

“I heard there was someone home by themselves and scared, so I came to keep him company.”

Qi Lu scoffs.  “Who’s scared?  You’re thinking too much.”  Then he tries to wave her away and tells her to go back, but Chu Xia just walks in anyway and fights against him until she’s past the doorway.  Even as he tells her to go back, she just tells him that she’s not leaving.

Finally, he says, “Fine.  If you’re determined to not leave, then you might as well come in.  I was thinking I’d get to spend a few days by myself without a care in the world, but you know, it just so happens the house is missing a maid right now, so go on in.”  He waves her in past the door and acts all resigned and unaffected, but as he closes the door behind her, he smiles.

Chu Xia rolls her suitcase through the house to her room and Qi Lu goes to hunt down the cat.  He stuffs the cat in a closet and tells it that it can’t let Chu Xia find it.

Qi Lu is sitting on the living room couch when Chu Xia walks back in and asks if he isn’t going to bed yet.  He tells her to come over so they can talk.  She joins him on the couch but sits near the edge.  When she tells him to start talking, he tells her to sit closer.  She inches forward just a bit, and he says, “Closer.”  When she only inches forward just a little bit again, he gets up and moves closer to her.  She asks him if they have to be this close, and then tells him that if he has something to say to hurry up and do so.  Qi Lu thinks carefully before finally turning to her and saying, “Chu Xia.”  Then he pinches her cheeks and continues, “From now on, no matter what situation the two of us may encounter, let’s not fight anymore.  Okay?”  She agrees and he smiles, letting go of her cheeks but leaving one hand on her shoulder.  She asks him why he’s smiling and he says, “Nothing.  It’s just, looking at you, it makes me happy.  Thank you, Chu Xia.”  She looks away obviously pleased by his words, and then he gives her a hug and says, “Thank you for being willing to come home.”  Chu Xia says that his heart’s beating fast and he says, “I’m sure it’s yours.”  She laughs and says, “It seems that way.”  Qi Lu lets go of her then and starts to lean in for a kiss, but then there’s a meow.  Chu Xia looks at him in surprise and asks, “Is there a cat in the house?”  Qi Lu tells her, “No!  There’s not!  You heard wrong just now.”  But the cat meows again and again.  Chu Xia turns to look around her and that’s when Qi Lu starts to pretend to be a cat.  Then he tells her that the couple of meows she just heard actually came from him and asks her if she doesn’t just like a cat.  She just looks at him and asks, “Is that so?”  And he says, “Of course it is.  Why would I lie to you about something like this?  Meow, meow, meow, meow.”  Then he tells her that she must be tired and guesses that she’s been too busy to sleep and hurries her off to bed while telling her that she definitely heard wrong because there’s no cat.

The next morning Chu Xia slaves over the stove to make breakfast.  She sets the plate of eggs down in front of Qi Lu and tells him to eat up, but it doesn’t look particularly appetizing.  He gets up and says he’ll look in the freezer to see what’s there but she just tells him to sit back down and eat.  He takes a bite and with not a small amount of surprise tells her it’s good.  Chu Xia can hardly believe it as he tells her it’s true, it tastes good, and that she should try some.  He cuts another piece and feeds it to her, and then promptly spits out his own mouthful.  The minute the food touches her mouth, Chu Xia knows she’s been had.  He asks her if it tastes good and although she nods, she spits the food out as well.  Then she yells at him and calls him black-hearted.  He tells her to take her time enjoying it and says he’s heading off to school first.  As he runs off, she yells after him, “How could you give me such awful tasting food to eat?!”

The gossips are back at it.  “Have you heard?  Han Qi Lu’s family company has run into problems and all the shareholders are talking about backing out.”  “I never would have thought that the Han family would ever be on the verge of bankruptcy.”  “It can’t be.  How can Han Qi Lu’s family meet its end so quickly?  No wonder people said that An Chu Xia was someone who would bring bad luck.”  “It’s really too bad for Han Qi Lu; suddenly, he’s gone from being a prince to a frog.”

Qi Lu and Chu Xia are walking through school together when she asks him, “What’s up with everyone?”  He tells her, “Who cares.”  Xiao Nan calls out to Chu Xia and when Chu Xia asks her what’s going on, she realizes Qi Lu’s with her and so says, “Nothing, I’m leaving first.”  Qi Lu calls her back though and apologizes for the previous incident between them.  Xiao Nan tells him it’s okay since they’re all friends of Chu Xia’s anyway.  Chu Xia says that’s right, and so they should all be happy and get along.  Then she takes each one by the arm and leads them away.

From up above, Xin Wei and Wan Zi witness the exchange.  They don’t look happy about it either.

Xin Wei meets with Qi Lu and tells him they should talk.  He asks about what.  She says about their future.  He asks, “What future?” because his future doesn’t need her worrying over it.  Xin Wei only nods and smiles before asking if he’s that determined to give up his family’s company’s last chance.  She then moves from sitting across him to next to him.  Leaning in close and taking one of his arms in her own, she tells him that all he has to do is promise to be with her and then she’ll have her father reach out to help his company.  (Around the corner, we see Man Kuai listening in on the conversation.)  Qi Lu asks, “Really?”  When she says, of course, and that it would be a very easy thing for her Jiang family to do, Qi Lu answers, “According to what you’re saying, if I were to give up on this opportunity today, I’d be a big idiot, right?”  She laughs and says, “So long as you know it, that’s fine.”  Qi Lu then continues to play her game for a little bit by commenting on the beautiful partnership that could be created by merging the two families, until he finally says, “But you know, this thing called love, you don’t have it.”  Then he shoves her aside and walks off.  (Around the corner, Man Kuai smirks.)

Feng Shao’s in his sports equipment room playing games on his phone when Chen Chuan comes running in and tells him to stop playing.  He tells Feng Shuan that something big has happened.  Chu Xia’s slept with Qi Lu!  That gets Feng Shao’s attention immediately but when pressed, Chen Chuan admits that they haven’t slept together, he just feels it’s imminent.  Feng Shao hits him for suggesting otherwise and asks him why he’d say that if it hasn’t happened.  That’s when Chen Chuan explains that with Qi Lu’s father in the hospital, that leave just the two of them staying in the house by themselves.  All it’d take is one spark for it to happen, and he’s freaking out and say she has to do something.  Feng Shao’s still trying to get caught up to speed though and asks if Chu Xia isn’t staying at the hotel.  Chen Chuan just points out that the sun is going down quickly and that there are only a few more hours until it’s dark, so Feng Shao has to help him.  Feng Shao eventually agrees to help just to get Chen Chuan to stop nagging at him.

Yuan Yuan Jie and Lao Han are at the hospital keeping Liu Ge company.  As she works on her husband’s nails, she tells Lao Han to stop eating so many snacks because it’s not healthy.  Liu Ge tells his wife that given Lao Han’s age, she should just let him live as he likes.  This makes Lao Han happy to hear as he comments that in the end, it’s Liu Ge who understands him best.  Liu Ge then says that sometimes, when he thinks about it, people think too much and take too much into consideration.  But in the end, when it comes to having their wishes fulfilled, it’s the opposite and there isn’t much of that.  Which is why, to put it simply, he’s come to realize that people should live as they please but with moderation, as that will actually lead them to happiness.  Yuan Yuan Jie just tells him that if he could really think that way, she’d be thrilled.  That’s when he thinks to ask after Qi Lu.  She tells him that Qi Lu and Chu Xia are at home, and explains that the minute Chu Xia heard he was sick, she moved back home.  She then tells him not to worry because the children are all grown up and are doing fine. 

Back at home, Qi Lu is lying on the couch with the sun setting and mumbling about how he’s about to die of hunger.  He then comments that all she did was run out to buy some soy sauce and it’s taking her forever. 

Outside, Chu Xia has just reached the outside gates to the house when she answers a call from Feng Shao who invites her out to dinner.  She tells him that she’s not going as she just bought soy sauce and is on her way home to make dinner.  Feng Shao says he can’t believe that Qi Lu is really using her like a maid, but she tells him that’s not the case and hangs up the phone  She then runs into the house and announces her return, and discovers Man Kuai cooking in her kitchen. 

Chu Xia asks Man Kuai what she’s doing there.  Qi Lu tells her that Xiao Kuai knew it was just the two of them at home for dinner today, so she came over to make dinner for them.  Chu Xia looks obviously discomfited by this but asks Man Kuai if she needs help anyway.  Man Kuai says no and Qi Lu looks back up from his magazine at that.  He tells Chu Xia she should just sit next to him and wait to eat, and that Man Kuai’s good at cooking.  Man Kuai says that’s right, and coming over to take the soy sauce from Chu Xia, she tells her she can handle everything by herself.  Chu Xia says she’s leaving after that, but Qi Lu calls after her and asks her where she’s going.  She says Feng Shao invited her out earlier and now that there’s someone to make him dinner, she might as well go.  Qi Lu stands up and drags her back, and tells her she’s not allowed to go.  When she asks him why not, he just says if I say you can’t go, you can’t go.  Then he tells her to come wait with him.  Chu Xia refuses to let herself be dragged and simply points at the kitchen, saying that she’s going to go see if there’s anything she can help with. 

In the kitchen, she asks Man Kuai if there’s anything she can help with and Man Kuai suggests she wash the vegetables.  As they work together, Man Kuai asks if she’s still angry.  Chu Xia tells her no.  Man Kuai says that actually, she’s always thought of them as good friends, which is why sometimes when she sees how close she and Xiao Nan are, she gets a little jealous.  Then she asks about the incident from last time, when everyone was pretty unhappy over it, and wonders if Chu Xia still has any misunderstandings over it.  Chu Xia tells her that actually, there were things she got wrong about that incident too.  Man Kuai says then that they’re still good friends, right?  And Chu Xia agrees. 

Chu Xia notices the water’s boiling and Man Kuai says she’ll get it.  She lifts the lid to the pot and promptly drops it.  She grabs her wrist and flexes it, while Chu Xia asks if she’s okay.  Man Kuai says the lid was too hot, but she’s okay.  Qi Lu rushes over and asks what’s going on.  Chu Xia tells him that the water was too hot so when she went to grab the pot lid, she wasn’t able to get a good grip on it.  Qi Lu asks Man Kuai where she burned herself and she tells him it’s okay.  She didn’t grab the pot lid well and so it fell and bumped her leg.  He sighs and tells her to come with him.  With one arm around her shoulder, he tells her he’ll support her (to help her walk).  Chu Xia watches them leave and bends over to pick up the pot lid.  As she puts it back on the pot, she touches the handle again and says with surprise and confusion, “It’s not hot.”

Do u know where i can watch ep 16 season 2?i just find preview in dailymotion...they upload ep 15 season 2 two days ago....

5 hours ago, Riska Dwi Oktaviana said:

Do u know where i can watch ep 16 season 2?i just find preview in dailymotion...they upload ep 15 season 2 two days ago....

No, because Episode 16 isn't available anywhere. 

Tecent Video is the original distributor of this web drama.  Each day, Tuesday-Friday, they release one episode.  However, Tecent Video is a subscription website and one of the perks to being a subscriber is getting advance access to their web drama.  I believe they release five episodes at the start of each week (not sure if that happens on Monday or Tuesday). 

I suspect the only reason episodes up to 15 are floating around on the various websites is because someone with advance access ripped the videos and then shared it online.  Once one person has it, it will spread like wildfire.  Technically, the drama is only available to the general public up to Episode 11 (and Tecent Video just uploaded their official YouTube channel with that episode today).

If you want to track the drama's progress, you can always visit Tecent Video's main page for this web drama: https://v.qq.com/x/cover/bg8lt16giaj9vyu/g0023u0xcii.html

As you can see, Episodes 1 through 11 are "open."  Episodes 12 through 15 have "VIP" next to them.

The backwards recapping continues...

Master Devil, Season 2

Episode 14 Recap

Spoiler

It’s night time at the Han household and Yuan Yuan Jie hears from Lao Han that Chu Xia has won the first round of the fashion design contest.  She’s excited beyond belief and confirms the news with Qi Lu.  When he says it’s true, she asks him why he’s not celebrating with her.  Then she says that she’s going to the hotel and tells Lao Han to go with her.  Qi Lu calls her back and points out that Chu Xia’s already moved out, so why would she go disturb someone in the middle of the night.  Lao Han says that he thinks Chu Xia would actually welcome an interruption from Qi Lu.  Yuan Yuan Jie likes this idea and tells him she thinks he’s right.  She then tries to get Qi Lu to go.

Just then the doorbell rings and Qi Lu is the first one to get off the couch as he runs to the door.  Lao Han and Yuan Yuan Jie follow behind him as she comments that it must be Chu Xia who’s come home.

As Qi Lu reaches the door, he leans against it and without actually looking at the door, opens it and says, “You came home.”

A man walks through and says, “Mm.”  That’s when Qi Lu looks up and says, “Dad!  How is it you?” 

His dad asks, “If not me, who else would it be?”

Yuan Yuan Jie goes running at him as she calls out, “Liu Ge!”  And the married couple embraces.  She asks him how he could come home without telling her in advance, and he says it was all because he wanted to give her a surprise.  As they walk back into the house together, his dad tells him that he should come too because he wants to talk to him about something.

The next day, Qi Lu rides the car to school and looks out the window with a sigh.

Already at school, Chu Xia meets with Feng Shao to discuss the picture she took of the chalkboard from Cat Ear Alley.  She asks him what he thinks.  Feng Shao comments that the handwriting’s pretty good, and Chu Xia says, “Who asked you to look at the handwriting?  Hurry up and help me think.  Who do you think left the message?”  Feng Shao says it obviously has to be from one of the people next to her or how else would they know about the competition.  Then he says in his opinion, whether it’s Qi Lu or someone else, she doesn’t need to consider anyone else.  She should go for Chen Chuan.  Chu Xia just asks him why he’s bringing up Qi Lu when she doesn’t want to talk about him anymore.  Feng Shao says that’s the right attitude to have and that from now on, neither one of them should ever talk about him.  Then he says if he ever runs into Qi Lu again, he’ll give him another good whack.  That has Chu Xia asking “another time?” and wonders if he’s done it once before already.  Feng Shao admits to it and she asks him when that was and why.  Feng Shao says it was after that whole incident with Man Kuai.  He couldn’t take it anymore and had to do something about it.  Chu Xia tells him he handled the situation well.  Then she takes the phone and walks away, while Feng Shao calls after her asking if she’s still going to investigate the photo.

Chu Xia stops by Class A.  She gets noticed by Xin Wei who asks her why she’s always coming to their classroom.  Chu Xia asks where Qi Lu is and Xin Wei says she can hardly believe her.  He’s already broken up with her, but she’s still looking for him.  Chu Xia tells her off before turning away, but Xin Wei calls out once more to tell her that he came to school briefly that morning but left almost immediately after.  And then she sticks the proverbial knife in Chu Xia’s back by telling her that he left with Man Kuai.

Qi Lu and Man Kuai are at an indoor go kart race track.  After they finish racing, they break for a cup of coffee.  Man Kuai comments that this time, Qi Lu wasn’t like himself.  When he asks what she means by that, she comments that normally, he speeds up in the first half, but in the second half, he slows down so until he’s even with her.  She then says, “This really is one of those situation where things have remained the same, but the people have changed.”  Qi Lu says, “You know me too well.”  Man Kuai tells him that he’s the same as he was before: whenever he was feeling down, he’d come here to race cars, and he’d bring her there as well, making her cut class.  That’s when Qi Lu tells her that he’s about to leave the country.  She asks him where he’s going and he says England.  She asks him how it can be that as soon as she returns, he’s now leaving.  He explains that it’s what his dad wants.  His dad wants him to go to England and study business so that he can take over the family business.  Man Kuai asks if that means he’ll have to give up his beloved astronomy, and he says yes.  Man Kuai tells him it’s okay because even if he has to go to England to study business, he can still keep astronomy as a hobby.  She also tells him that no matter what he does, she’ll support him.  She covers his hand with hers and tells him she can go to England with him.  Qi Lu pulls his hand out from under hers and tucks it under is other arm.  He thanks her for the kind thought but tells her he doesn’t have even an ounce of desire to go.  Man Kuai asks him if the reason he doesn’t want to go is because of An Chu Xia.  He’s a little defensive in his denial when he says, “No way!” so Man Kuai tells him there’s no need for him to struggle over this because even if he doesn’t go to England, if Chu Xia wins the fashion design contest, she’ll have to go to France to study.  That means that no matter what, between the two of them, at least one of them will have to leave.  Qi Lu doesn’t look up but makes a sound of agreement/understanding.

Chu Xia and Xiao Nan are sitting in their empty classroom and Chu Xia is just staring at Man Kuai’s desk which has her purse sitting on top of it.  Xiao Nan calls out to her friend.  When Chu Xia doesn’t answer, she moves her chair closer to Chu Xia’s and points out that she’s already stared at the purse for half an hour, and asks if she isn’t going to go home yet.  Chu Xia says, that’s right, school’s already let out, so why hasn’t he come back yet.  She observes that she left in such a hurry, she didn’t even take her bag.  Xiao Nan then starts to fantasize/hypothesize and we see this scene of Man Kuai sitting at her desk knitting the longest red scarf ever when Qi Lu comes rushing in to grab her by the wrist and say, “Come with me!”  When she’s done guessing at what might have happened, Chu Xia just points out that on a summer day like today, wouldn’t it be too hot for her to be knitting a scarf?  Xiao Nan says that whether she was knitting a scarf is not the main point.  The main point is that Qi Lu took her way spontaneously and that this wasn’t a prearranged sort of thing.  Then she tells Chu Xia to stop worrying over it and to instead think about how they’re going to celebrate that night.  When she asks what they’re celebrating, Chen Chuan arrives just in time to tell her they’re celebrating her winning the first stage of the contest.  He says he’s taking them to change their clothes because he’s arranged for a big surprise.  The surprise turns out to be taking her to a karaoke bar where Feng Shao and their other friends from Class B are in attendance. 

Qi Lu and Man Kuai are in the car together when he announces that they’ve arrived.  She answers that she doesn’t want to go home yet and suggests that the two of them take a walk.  He declines by saying, “Next time; it’s already on the late side and I’m tired.”  Man Kuai has no choice but to agree and exit the car.  As she leaves, Qi Lu flashes back to his last argument with Chu Xia. 

QL: So you’re trying to draw a boundary line between us, are you?

QX: Yes.

QL: And that’s why you’re participating in that damned fashion design contest.  You want to win and go to France, and grow old and die without having anymore dealings with each other, is that it?  [QL grabs CX and kisses her.]

QX [shoves QL away]: Han Qi Lu!

The flashback ends and we see Qi Lu back in the car.

At the karaoke place, everyone’s pretty drunk by now and still drinking.  Chen Chuan asks Chu Xia if he likes him and when she tries to take a drink instead of answering, he stops her from doing so and says she can’t drink and has to answer him.  She ends up leaning over and vomiting instead.  Feng Shao, who’s sitting on her other side, just starts patting her on the back and motions for Cheng Chuan to leave her alone.

Qi Lu returns to Cat Ear Alley.  He finds a cat hiding in a grassy, weedy area, and starts to pet it.  Then he looks up at the chalkboard.  Under the line where he’d written, “Good-luck on the contest,” he now adds, “If in the future, I don’t come here anymore, will you miss me?”  As he walks away, he looks back at the cat once more and goes back to petting it.  Then he picks the cat up and takes it with him. 

Back at the karaoke place, the party has come to an end.  Feng Shao helps a drunk Xiao Nan home while Chen Chuan is responsible for a drunk Chu Xia.  They get into separate cabs.  In the cab with Chen Chuan and Chu Xia, the former is smiling as Chu Xia sits leaning propped up against him.  But suddenly she says, “Han Qi Lu,” and he tells her, “You’re wrong; it’s Jiang Chen Chuan.”  She just says again, “Han Qi Lu… Qi Lu…”  At that Chen Chuan wonders out loud what he has to do in order to make her like him. 

Back at the Han household, Liu Ge is pacing in the living room and wondering why Qi Lu hasn’t yet returned home when it’s already so late.  Jiang Yuan Yuan says she’s already tried calling him but it didn’t go through, so it’s possible his phone’s out of battery.  Then she tells him to stop worrying as nothing will go wrong.  Liu Gu points out he’s already skipped class, and asks how you can call that nothing.  Jiang Yuan Yuan then tells him that he shouldn’t be so strict with Qi Lu and suggests that he give him some time.  Liu Ge asks if he hasn’t already given him time, and Jiang Yuan Yuan just says, “Three days is considered time?”  That’s when Liu Ge tells her that originally he was only going to give him three hours to think things over.  That’s when Jiang Yuan Yuan starts acting all cutesy towards him and asks if he has to speak so cruelly because it’s making her worship him all over again.  Liu Ge acts all cutesy back as he asks, “Really?”

Just then, Liu Ge’s phone rings.  After saying hello and hearing what the other person has to say, he says, “What?”  His facial expression then gets increasingly grim as he says, “Okay, I got it,” and hangs up.  His wife asks him what’s going on and he tells her it’s nothing, just work stuff, and that she needn’t worry.  She smiles at him and pulls him down to sit next to her on the couch.  She says she’s been meaning to ask him if his sudden return to their home has anything to do with their company business.  Also, she’s been wondering if his whole thing about Qi Lu going off to England to study business has anything to do with that as well.  Liu Ge tells her he can’t hide anything from her.  He admits that there’s been a bit of a situation at work, and that he came home this time to take care of it.  He also explains that the reason he wants Qi Lu to go abroad to study business is because he’s hoping to let him take over the business earlier.  He says he’s afraid his health won’t be able to keep up.  This makes his wife upset to hear as she doesn’t like to hear him talk about being in poor health.  After all, he looks much better now, she points out.  But Liu Ge just tells her that he knows best the state of his health, and asks her to help him persuade Qi Lu.  She agrees.

Qi Lu arrives home then.  He walks in with the cat, but when his dad tells him to stop where he is, he lets the cat go. 

His father asks Qi Lu if he’s thought about what he told him the day before.  Qi Lu asks if he didn’t give him two more days to think about it, but his father tells him that he gave him that amount of time to think things through (implied, but not said: it wasn’t time to let him make a decision).  His father then says that tomorrow, he’ll have his secretary go to his school and start working on his transfer paperwork.  Qi Lu announces then that he’ll never go to England.  When his father starts to tell him that it’s not his decision to make, Qi Lu tells his father that he doesn’t like him when his dad goes all autocratic on him and points out that he has the right to make his own decisions.  Then he yells that he can forget about all that business school talk because he’s never going to become a businessman.  As Qi Lu walks off, his father doubles over looking like he’s having a heart attack.  Qi Lu runs back in and an ambulance is called.

The next day at school, Xiao Nan asks Chen Chuan what happened with Chu Xia after she fell asleep.  At first he teases her, leading her to believe that something might have actually happened between him and Chu Xia, but then he admits that nothing happened.  He just sent her back to the hotel and went home.  Xiao Nan wonders if she can believe him, as she can hardly believe he’d be capable of being such a gentleman, but he just tells her to ask Chu Xia if she doesn’t believe him.  Chu Xia is lost in her own thoughts though.  That prompts Chen Chuan to ask Xiao Nan why Chu Xia keeps staring at Xiang Man Kuai’s desk.  Xiao Nan explains that the day before, Man Kuai and Qi Lu disappeared together and that Man Kuai didn’t even take her bag with her.  That’s why Chu Xia was in such a bad mood the night before.  That just makes Chen Chuan irritated to hear and he says he’s going to hunt Qi Lu down to deal with him. 

After Chen Chuan leaves, Man Kuai enters the classroom and takes her seat.  Xiao Nan tells Chu Xia that the more she looks at Man Kuai, the more she doesn’t like her.  Chu Xia agrees and says that’s not hard to believe when Man Kuai looks better (physically) than her from any angle you look at her.  Xiao Nan takes offense that Chu Xia would focus only on outward appearances.  At that point, Chen Chuan returns to their classroom.  Xiao Nan asks if he got hit and he says no, there wasn’t any successful hitting.  When Xiao Nan observes that must mean his defensive skills are pretty good, Chen Chuan tells her (in an annoyed/frustrated voice) that what he meant was he didn’t get to hit Qi Lu.  Xiao Nan asks him why and he says it turns out Qi Lu never came to school.  Chu Xia asks him why he didn’t come again and Chen Chuan says he heard from his classmates that last night, his dad got sick and had to be admitted to the hospital.  Chu Xia is shocked to hear that Uncle Han is sick. 

At that moment, their teacher arrives and everyone rushes to take their seat.  But just as the teacher reaches the podium, Chu Xia stands up.  He asks her what she’s doing and she says, “Teacher, there’s something I have to do so I’m leaving first.”  Then she runs out of the classroom.  As she races down the school’s hallway, she thinks to herself, “I don’t know if this anxious feeling I’m having is because of Uncle Han or Qi Lu or my mom.  But whatever it is, wait for me.” 

Well, I had some time this weekend so I just managed to finish recapping the remaining three episodes.  Apologies for any typos or other errors.  I didn't have time to read through them again before posting (and it's late and I need to go to bed!).  So starting with Episode 11 . . . which is subbed now, but I'd already written the recap before subs were made available. 

Master Devil, Season 2

Episode 11 Recap

Spoiler

Chu Xia and Xiao Nan are sitting at a table together with Chu Xia working on some paperwork.  Xiao Nan asks her if she’s really not going to consider Chen Chuan.  Chu Xia says she’s going to rely on her own abilities.  Xiao Nan wonders at her answer and then says that’s not what she was talking about.  Chu Xia asks what she was talking about then.  Before Xiao Nan can answer, she notices Man Kuai in the distance, waving at them.  Xiao Nan mocks her and Chu Xia tells her to not be so loud.  Man Kuai then walks up to them asks if she can join them.  She then thanks Chu Xia for her help and says that if it hadn’t been for her, Qi Lu probably would’ve kept on ignoring her.  Chu Xia tells her she doesn’t need to thank her since they would’ve gotten back together sooner or later.  Man Kuai asks her if she has plans for that evening because she wanted to invite her to dinner.  Xiao Nan cuts in that Chu Xia was going to her house for homework that evening, and Chu Xia agrees.  Man Kuai says that’s too bad as she was also inviting Qi Lu and originally thought it’d be awkward with just the two of them so she wanted Chu Xia to come too, but if she can’t come, then she’ll just have to have dinner with just him.  Chu Xia is obviously disappointed by this turn of events as she starts blowing bubbles in her drink.  That’s when Xiao Nan says she just remembered that her mother was taking her to her grandmother’s house that night, so they’ll have to do their homework another night.  Chu Xia asks if she isn’t taking her to her grandmother’s house too, and Xiao Nan shakes her head no.  Man Kuai tells Chu Xia it’s okay as there’s still time until school ends so she can think about her invitation and let her know later.  Then she gets up to leave.  As she does so, Chu Xia lifts the straw she’s been blowing into with her mouth and smiles, and in doing so, splashes the paperwork she’d been laboring over with orange juice.  As she and Xiao Nan work to wipe it clean, Man Kuai asks her what it is and she explains it’s the registration form to the design contest and now she’s gotten it wet.  Man Kuai then asks if she’s sure she wants to enter this competition and Chu Xia says yes. 

Feng Shao and Chen Chuan are hanging out again.  Chen Chuan tells Feng Shao that he likes Chu Xia, but Chu Xia likes Qi Lu, who likes Man Kuai, and it’s possible Man Kuai likes Qi Lu too.  But it’s also quite possible that Qi Lu likes Chu Xia.  And no matter what, Chu Xia doesn’t like him.  He then asks Feng Shao what he can do to get rid of Qi Lu.  Feng Shao asks Chen Chuan how he can be so stupid and brings out a flyer for the design competition.  He points his attention to the bottom where Chen Chuan finally sees its being sponsored by his family’s company.  Feng Shao then points out that Chu Xia has always loved fashion design so it’s a sure thing that she’ll enter the competition.  Chen Chuan says that’s great, all he has to do is get his uncle to make sure Chu Xia wins, but Feng Shao wonders if his cousin, Xin Wei, would agree.  Furthermore, he observes, it’s more like this competition is just a way for his uncle to get his own daughter into Brixton.  Chen Chuan disagrees, saying his uncle’s not like that, but not to worry because he’ll find a way to help Chu Xia with the competition.

Man Kuai is in the bathroom and dunks her head in the sink in an attempt to cool off.  She thinks about Chu Xia applying for to participate in the contest and gets heated all over again. 

Chu Xia and Xiao Nan are walking together when Qi Lu coughs to get Chu Xia’s attention.  She ignores him and keeps on walking, so he calls her back.  She asks him what he wants and he says he wants to know why she’s been ignoring him for the past several days.  She points out she’s not ignoring him right now, and asks if he needs anything.  He says he wants to know if she plans on going out for dinner with him tonight or not.  When she asks whether it’d be just the two of them, he says hesitatingly, “And Xiang Man Kuai.”  Chu Xia tells him that the two of them should just go then and asks why he bothers to take her.  He asks her why she’s mad and asks if she’s jealous.  Chu Xia asks him if he’s ever seen a third wheel get jealous before.  That confuses Qi Lu as he asks who’s a third wheel.  Chu Xia then tells him that she’s glad he was able to make up with Man Kuai, but asks that they try and keep their happiness to each other without looping her in.  She also tells them that if they want to have a candlelit dinner, they should light candles and not take a third wheel with them [in Chinese, the expression for “third wheel” is actually “dien deng pao,” which means an electric light bulb, which makes her comment a lot more sense than saying don’t bring a third wheel to light candles].  Her response just implies to Qi Lu though that she is jealous.  Rather than bothering to deny the accusation again, she walks off.  He calls out after her wanting to know if she’s going or not, and Chen Chuan answers for her, “Of course she’s not going.” 

Qi Lu asks Chen Chuan why he’s still there, and Chen Chuan tells Qi Lu to gather his feelings and focus on one woman.  Qi Lu says he doesn’t understand, but Chen Chuan only says, “You know,” before walking off.

Classes are over and Xiao Nan asks Chu Xia if she’s going or not.  Chu Xia wants Xiao Nan to take her to her grandmother’s and Xiao Nan tells her to stop acting dumb, as she knows Chu Xia knows she made that up earlier.  Chu Xia says she doesn’t understand her friend because she knows Xiao Nan doesn’t want her to get together with Qi Lu; yet, she keeps pushing her in his direction anyway.  Xiao Nan says it’s not about pushing her towards him, it’s about a woman’s pride.  She just doesn’t Man Kuai to get her way since she doesn’t think Man Kuai treats her well.  She then tells Chu Xia to go to the dinner.

A car pulls up.  It’s Qi Lu in the front seat and Man Kuai in the back.  He rolls down the window and tells her to get in.  Chu Xia makes him open the door for her before getting in.

Xiao Nan’s happy to see her friend get in the car, but Chen Chuan arrives and he’s not happy at all, telling Xiao Nan she should’ve kept Chu Xia behind.  She wonders if he’s jealous and asks why he’s been acting so weird lately.  He basically says he has a bad feeling.

Qi Lu, Man Kuai, and Chu Xia are eating dinner together.  Qi Lu and Man Kuai are sitting on one side of the table together.  The waitress brings two bowls and says she still needs to bring one more.  Qi Lu hands his to Chu Xia and tells her to eat first.  That prompts Man Kuai to say she’s not hungry and offer her bowl to Qi Lu.  Chu Xia looks away and is probably trying not to gag.  She then pushes her bowl back to them and says they should both eat first since she had a lot to eat at lunch and is still full.  Qi Lu and Man Kuai pick up their chopsticks to eat and then Man Kuai purposely starts bringing up the past, reminding him of how he used to make fun of her for not being able to eat spicy foods.  He said he was just teasing her back then and to not take it for real.  She thanks him for remembering that she used to like eating this restaurant’s spicy noodles, and he just observes that it hasn’t been all that long ago since she was only gone for a year and a half.  Man Kuai says his name again and that’s when he notices she’s got some chili oil on her mouth.  He hands her a napkin to wipe it but when she keeps missing, he does it for her.  This make Chu Xia uncomfortable and she quickly takes a bit of her own noodles before saying she’s full and going home first.  Qi Lu tells her to sit back down and repeats it until she obeys.  She repeats that she’s full and he says he’s not done eating.  Then he tells her they’ll leave together.  Man Kuai observes that with the two of them talking just now, it looks like they accidentally left out Chu Xia.  She asks Chu Xia to not be mad, and Chu Xia says she’s not mad.  Instead, she thanks her for the dinner.  Man Kuai says they have two things to celebrate that night.  First, she wants to thank Chu Xia and second, she wants to celebrate the fact that she made up with Qi Lu.  Qi Lu agrees and says he’s very happy tonight, so they should all three share a drink.  As Chu Xia downs hers, he warns her to not get drunk as he doesn’t want to have to carry her back to her room later. 

Man Kuai uses that opportunity to ask Chu Xia if she’s turned in her application form.  Chu Xia says yes, and Qi Lu asks what she’s talking about.  Man Kuai tells him it’s for this year’s fashion design contest.  She says that time sure does pass quickly and who knew it was that time of the year again.  She wonders who will be lucky enough this year to go study at Brixton, and then tells Chu Xia she’ll be watching over her.  Chu Xia says thank you while Qi Lu is clearly bothered by this turn of events and has another drink without saying anything. 

Qi Lu and Chu Xia take Man Kuai home after dinner.  After climbing out of the back seat with Man Kuai and seeing her walk off, he turns back to the front passenger seat and starts patting at the top of the door.  Chu Xia ignores him so he tells her to go sit in the back.  She says she’s not going and when he repeats himself and gets the same answer, he opens her door to say it again.  Chu Xia again tells him she’s not going.  That’s when he starts going off about how according to studies, where she’s sitting is the most unsafe seat which means that she would be in perpetual danger if she continued to sit there, and if she got into danger, he’d have to explain himself to his mother, and if he had to explain himself to his mother, she’d take away his telescope, and . . . To shut him up, Chu Xia finally gets out of the front seat.  But instead of heading for the back seat, she starts to walk away. 

Qi Lu grabs Chu Xia by the back of her collar and asks where’s she’s going.  That’s when the car drives off and when he calls out to the cabbie asking if he doesn’t want his money, the cabbie yells back that he talks to much.  Chu Xia shoves him off and tells him she’s walking home.  Qi Lu asks if she’s crazy and wonders why they have to walk when they can just catch another cab.  He drags her off with him until they find another cab to ride home in.

They’re midway home when he asks the cab driver to stop; they’re let out in a empty parking lot.  Chu Xia asks why he let the cab go and asks if they’re not going home.  He says no and she asks what’s wrong with him now.  She says she did what he wanted and acted as their third wheel and asks if he’s still not satisfied.  She then tells him that she really doesn’t like the way he’s being right now nor is she particularly thrilled with herself right now, so she suggests that they keep their distance in the future.  Qi Lu grabs her arm and prevents her from leaving.  She tells him to let go because she’s going home to sleep and he just repeats her comment about keeping their distance from each other back at her.  He asks her if that’s what she really wants, and she says yes.  And he says that’s why she’s participating in that damned competition, so she can win and go off to France, and grow old and die without having anymore dealing with each other.  He asks her if it’s like that and Chu Xia asks what that has to do with anything she just said right now.  Qi Lu tells her to stop trying to change the subject and to look at him instead and tell him whether that’s the case or not.  When she doesn’t answer, he yells at her to speak.  She only managed a, “I…” before he grabs her and kisses her.  Chu Xia shoves him away and says, “Han Qi Lu!”  He then says he’s tired and going home, and turns around and starts walking.  Chu Xia’s angry but can only follow after him.

Back at home, Qi Lu looks out the window and thinks back to a conversation he had with Man Kuai when she left him back then.  She apologizes and he asks her if she can’t stay for him.  She tells him that going to Brixton to study is her dream and that it wasn’t easy for her to win the competition, so she can’t give up her dream and asks for his understanding.  He asks again that she not leave and begs her, but she just apologizes again and separates herself from him to walk way. 

It’s the next day at school and You Tian Teacher hands out the ID cards for all those who will be participating in the competition.  Once all the cards are passed out, it’s discovered that Chu Xia doesn’t have one.  Everyone’s confused as Chu Xia knows she turned in her application and You Tian Teacher says he handed over to Brixton all the applications that were given to him, so if hers was in the mix, it would’ve been included.  Xiao Nan asks if anyone secretly threw away her application and when Chu Xia wonders who would do something like that, Xiao Nan asks who else could it have been.  She then gets up and marches over to Class A to confront Xin Wei.  Xin Wei denies she had anything to do with Chu Xia’s application.  As Xiao Nan continues to argue with Xin Wei, Chu Xia tells her not to bother anymore as she’s decided not to participate in the competition.  She then drags her friend away, but Xin Wei won’t let them off that easily for having yelled at her and says she’s not done.  Chu Xia asks her what she wants and the next thing we see is everyone back in Class B, including Xin Wei and her best friend, Wan Zi. 

Everyone’s looking through their belongings to see if they can’t find Chu Xia’s application form and then Xin Wei indicates to her friend with a lift of her chin.  That’s when Wan Zi makes her way over to Man Kuai and searches through one of her books where lo and behold, the application form is there.  Everyone is stares in shock as Xin Wei walks over with the discovered application form and accuses Man Kuai of stealing Chu Xia’s form.  Man Kuai denies that it was her and insists she was framed.  Xin Wei says the evidence was found on her so she can hardly deny it now and says she never imagined Man Kuai would be this kind of a person.  She then points out that Man Kuai won last year’s competition and wonders why she’s picking on Chu Xia now.  Man Kuai asks Chu Xia to believe her when she says it wasn’t her who took the application form, but it’s clear from Chu Xia’s reaction that she doesn’t know what to believe.  Man Kuai asks the entire classroom if they really think it was her and asks if there isn’t anyone who’s willing to believe her.  Some people answer mutter that they don’t know what to believe while others refuse to look at her.  Then suddenly, we hear Qi Lu’s voice.  He says, “I believe you.” 

Master Devil, Season 2

Episode 12 Recap

Spoiler

Man Kuai asks the classroom if there’s not a single person willing to believe her.  Qi Lu enters and says he believes her because he believes that Xiang Man Kui wouldn’t do such a thing.  Xin Wei asks him what the use of his trust is when Chu Xia’s application form was clearly found amongst Man Kuai’s things.  Qi Lu merely asks if anyone actually saw Man Kuai steal the application form because if nobody did, then it’s equally possible that someone put Chu Xia’s application with Man Kuai’s things to frame her.  He then asks Xin Wei when she started being so concerned about other people’s affairs.  Xin Wei says she’s just trying to prove her own innocence and then turns to Chu Xia to ask, “Now that we’ve found the thief, how do you want to handle this?”  Chu Xia answers that she already said, she wasn’t going to participate in the competition anymore so it doesn’t matter who stole her application form.  She tells her to forget about it.  Man Kuai doesn’t want to let it go though and asks her again to believe in her.  She swears that she didn’t take it and then runs off upset.  Qi Lu gives Chu Xia a look before following after Man Kuai.  Xin Wei starts to say something again, and Chu Xia cuts her off and asks if she hasn’t already blown things up enough already.  Xin Wei says she only wanted to remind her of their promise – if it’s discovered that she didn’t steal the application form, then Chu Xia has to withdraw from the competition.  Chu Xia repeats again that whether it was her who took or somebody else, she doesn’t want to be in it anyway.  Xin Wei says that’s fine and calls for Wan Zi to leave.

Xiao Nan tells Chu Xia that she thinks Man Kuai may have been framed.  Chu Xia says she’ll go to her and apologize.  Chen Chuan chases after Chu Xia.

Man Kuai runs to the school rooftop and cries.  Qi Lu follows her and says, “Little Kuai.”  She then turns to him and wraps her arms around him, saying that he hasn’t called her “Little Kuai” in a long time.  He reaches up to pat her on the back, and it’s this scene that Chu Xia sees when she catches up to them.  Chen Chuan covers her eyes and then turns her around, telling her it’s not suitable for children to see, so she shouldn’t look anymore.  Then he gives her a hug before Chu Xia runs away.

As she runs away, Chu Xia tells herself that she’s an idiot.  Chen Chuan catches up to her again and tells her that if she likes Han Qi Lu, then she should be open and frank with him and tell him so.  He tells her to stop walking around in circles, talking in riddles, and getting angry, as those can’t compare to just saying, “I like you.”  He also points out that when you leave things ambiguous, that’s the easiest way for misunderstandings to crop up, which leads to people changing how they feel or just leaving altogether.  He then asks, “Now that Man Kuai’s back and pursuing Qi Lu, do you really not want to make any headway with him?”  Chu Xia says it’s hard to believe those words are coming from him, but he just says every person has multiple sides to them.  Like with her, she always gives off the vibe that she’s really strong.  But really, on the inside, she’s collapses at the first blow.  Chu Xia says he speaks of her as if he really understands her, and Chen Chuan says that if you want to understand someone, you have to watch them a lot and think of them a lot, and he does both of those things every day.  Chu Xia asks why it is the more he talks, the less serious he gets.  Chen Chuan says he’s just trying to encourage her to speak her heart as he doesn’t like seeing her hurt, but he never meant to imply that he wasn’t still going to pursue her.  At that, Chu Xia smiles.  He then asks if she wants him to help her fix the problem with her application to the competition, and she tells him to forget about it as she no longer wants to participate in it.  When he asks why not and asks if she really doesn’t want to go anymore, she just shakes her head, so Chen Chuan says, “Fine.”

Xin Wei and Wan Zi are leaning over the school’s main stairwell watching people walk past when Qi Lu and Man Kuai walking together catches their eyes.  Wan Zi asks Xin Wei if they let Man Kuai off too easily.  Originally, they just wanted to shift the blame onto her, but now it looks like that may have worked out to her benefit.  Xin Wei doesn’t seem to worried just yet though and tells Wan Zi to wait and see. 

Chu Xia’s walking by herself after classes when Han Yu pulls up in his car.  He calls out to her and she ends up hitching a ride home with him.  Once in the car, she asks him why he hasn’t come to school for the past two days.  Han Yu tells him that he’s been preparing to leave the country.  Chu Xia’s surprised by this news.  Han Yu explains that he’s leaving tomorrow and when she comments that it’s so sudden, he says he didn’t have a choice as his grandfather arranged it.  Then he asks if she’s sure she doesn’t want to tell Qi Lu that she’s going to his house for dinner.  Chu Xia tells him there’s no need as can’t manage her anymore.  Han Yu ask what she means by that and Chu Xia just looks out the window.

Back at school, Lao Han arrives to pick up Qi Lu.  When Qi Lu gets in the car without a word, Lao Han asks if they’re not waiting for Chu Xia.  Qi Lu tells him no so they should just get in the car.  Lao Han thinks he should at least call and ask her, but Qi Lu says, “Let’s say something did suddenly come up and she had to leave, the person who should be calling is her, don’t you think?”  When Lao Han points out that maybe she’s waiting for him to call, Qi Lu just rolls his eyes and gets in the car.

Chu Xia is having dinner with Han Yu and his grandfather.  Han Yu’s grandfather tells Chu Xia to eat more fruit, but she tells him she’s full and then asks why he treats her so well.  He says it’s because she’s Shu Ya’s daughter, and that in his eyes, she’s like one of his own grandchildren now.  He then adds that because her mother’s no longer around, of course he has to spoil her even more.  Han Yu speaks up at that and says if his grandfather keeps going on like that, he’s going to get jealous.  His grandfather turns the blame back on him for not having made a good effort; otherwise, Chu Xia would be his granddaughter-in-law.  Han Yu reminds his grandfather that all those comments of his are too late as he’s leaving tomorrow anyway and it’s not like he can take Chu Xia with him.  His grandfather asks him why not and suggests to Chu Xia that he also send her abroad.  He says that the two of them can grow their feelings while abroad together, and if they can even grow a grandchild together, that’d be better.  Han Yu protests and Chu Xia spits out her drink.  Then she thanks him for the offer but politely declines.  Han Yu’s grandfather then tells her that he’s speaking honestly and not joking with her.  If he can send her abroad to study design and help her grow towards a successful career, then he thinks even her mother who’s in heaven would be happy.  So then he tells her to think it over carefully as, even if she can’t leave with Han Yu, if she ever changes her mind, she can always come to him and tell him so. 

Chen Chuan is drinking wine with his uncle, wine that he gifted his uncle with.  He’s also sucking up to him terribly.  The uncle knows it and asks Chen Chuan what he wants, promising to help with whatever it is that he wants.  Chen Chuan claps and says his uncle sure does understand him.  His uncle says he’s watched Chen Chuan grow up and with his dad working mainly abroad, he hazards that he’s spent more time with Chen Chuan than Chen Chuan has with his own father, so of course he understands him.  He then tells Chen Chuan to hurry up and tell him what he wants.  That’s when Chen Chuan confesses that he’s fallen in love with a girl and, to make a long story short, he pulls strings with the uncle to get Chu Xia entered into the fashion design contest.

Jiang Yuan Yuan is sniffling over the program she’s watching on her laptop and Qi Lu is sitting on the couch next to her, falling asleep.  She comments that what’s she’s watching is touching and asks Qi Lu if he agrees.  That’s when she realizes he’s fallen asleep.  She asks how he could’ve fallen asleep and he just asks if Chu Xia’s come home yet.  She says not yet and tells him to stop sleeping and instead call her.  Qi Lu says he’s tired and going to bed.  When she insists again that he stop sleeping and call her, he again refuses.  But then the door bell rings and suddenly someone is very awake as they go running for the door.  He starts to give her one of his snappy comments, but when he opens the door in full he’s stopped short by the sight of Chu Xia with Han  Yu.  Han Yu tells Qi Lu he sent Chu Xia home to him, and as Chu Xia enters the house, he tells her to give it some consideration.  She nods her head and walks off.  Qi Lu asks, “Consider what?” but everyone’s walked away, including Han Yu.

Qi Lu sends Chu Xia a text message:

QL: Come to my room!

CX: Is something wrong?

QL: Come to my room!!

QL: Come to my room!!!

QL: Yes.

Chu Xia arrives in his bedroom and tells him to speak.  He tells her to take a seat and then asks her what Han Yu was talking about when he told her to give it some consideration.  Chu Xia says it was nothing; it was a private matter.  Qi Lu can hardly believe that the two of them would have private business to discuss.  Chu Xia says if there’s nothing else then she’s going to bed.  But Qi Lu asks if they can stop being at odds with one another.  She sits back down at that, and he continues on by asking if she decided not to participate in the competition because of him.  Chu Xia answers not entirely, and Qi Lu says that, “Actually, one doesn’t have to go abroad just to fulfill their dreams.”  He then tells her to rest easy because whatever she wants, he’ll arrange for her to attend the best design school.  After they graduate, he’ll open a studio for her, provide her with her own clothing factory, help her come up with her own brand name, and open a store for her.  Chu Xia thanks him for his good intentions, but tells him that she wants to use her own hard work to achieve her own things.  She doesn’t want to rely on anyone else.  Then she tells him that the application period to participate in the competition has already ended, so even if she wanted to participate in it, she can’t.  So she suggests that in the future, they not talk about this matter anymore.  All Qi Lu hears though is that deep down she does still want to participate in the contest, and that she wants to go abroad.  Chu Xia gives up and tells him she’s tired and going to bed. 

At school the next day, the students of Class B walk in and see a lot of mean things written about Man Kuai on the white board.  Man Kuai asks who did it and one of the students answers that it was already there when they got there.  Man Kuai then accuses Xiao Nan of doing it, knowing that Xiao Nan is closest with Chu Xia and that she has never liked her.  Xiao Nan admits that she’s not fond of Man Kuai but insists again that she had nothing to do with it and points out that Man Kuai doesn’t have any evidence to say that it was her who did it.  Chu Xia and Qi Lu arrive at this juncture and Chu Xia asks what’s up.  Xiao Nan explains that Man Kuai is blaming her for what’s written on the white board.  Qi Lu walks up to the white board before turning around and asks Xiao Nan if she, in fact, was the person who wrote it.  Xiao Nan insists again that it wasn’t her and Chu Xia also speaks up to say that she trusts that it wasn’t Xiao Nan who did it.  As Qi Lu erases the white board, Man Kuai calls Chu Xia out on being so willing to believe Xiao Nan today when yesterday, when Man Kuai pleaded with her, she wasn’t willing to believe her that she had nothing to do with the stolen application.  Man Kuai tells her that means she never considered her a real friend.  Chu Xia says it’s not like that and that yesterday, she also thought Man Kuai was being framed.  She even wanted to apologize to her, but… that’s when Qi Lu cuts her off and tells the entire classroom to listen up.  He tells them that the matter of the missing application ends here today, and that if in the future, anyone makes things difficult for Man Kuai again, then that means they’re making things difficult for him too.  After yelling at them, Qi Lu leaves the classroom, Man Kuai takes her seat, and Xiao Nan walks up to Chu Xia and tells her again that she really had nothing to do with it.  Chu Xia just pats her on the head before leading her back to her seat.

The gossips start up again.  The first pair talks about how because of Man Kuai, Qi Lu yelled at Chu Xia in public.  The second pair comments that they can hardly believe at how quickly this love triangle keeps changing.  Before it was Qi Lu and Chu Xia who had an unclear relationship, but now he’s publicly announced his love for Man Kuai and dumped Chu Xia.  The third pair says it’s unbelievable.  Qi Lu unexpectedly hit Chu Xia in public.  The other gossip explains it away by pointing out that Man Kua is Qi Lu’s childhood sweetheart.   This gets overheard by Feng Shao who is understandably upset.

Feng Shao drags Qi Lu to an empty soccer field where, basically, Feng Shao pushes at Qi Lu and yells at him for all the gossip he just overheard.  Qi Lu calls out to him that he must be crazy.  Qi Lu then goes to confront Chu Xia and tells her to do manage her friends better in the future and not let them attack a person without differentiating between right and wrong.  Xiao Nan stands up at that and asks him who’s talking about.  When he glares at her, she shrinks back into her seat.  Chu Xia understandably has no idea what he’s talking about, but she stands up any way and asks, “My friends don’t know how to differentiate between right and wrong?  Then are you able to distinguish between black and white?”  Qi Lu asks her how he doesn’t distinguish between black and white, pointing out that it was her friend who made the mistake first, and asks how she can dare strike out at him.  Chu Xia says she’s known him for a long time now and wants to know why is it always whatever he says that is the way things are.  Then she tells him that from now one, whoever says anything against one of her friends means that they’re also going against her too.  Then she grabs Xiao Nan and tells her that they’re leaving.  Qi Lu kicks at the table before walking off himself.

Up on the school rooftop, Xin Wei joins Man Kuai who’s already waiting for her there.  She comments that her mood is pretty good and Man Kuai asks, “Don’t you think today’s scenery looks particularly pretty?”  Xin Wei then asks, “Didn’t you say I wasn’t worthy of working with you?  So what about now?  Are you satisfied with how our collaborative efforts turned out today?”

Archived