[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Master Devil Do Not Kiss Me 惡魔少爺別吻我

sugarplum892

Just now watched the 4 episodes uploaded for this week.  is it over already?  Only a "I love you" confession and  a bear hug from Xi Lu in the last episode?????:( what?????

I am really disappointed if its the end.  

Omg, this couple reminds me of bong soon/min hyuk coz of the height difference.  whenever they hug the female leads face is completely onto the male leads chest portion, and i like the posture, so cute!!!!!  

Please tell me its not over yet!!!!!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@updatingsjpoll Here you go: 

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&nv=1&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-CN&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=http://www.qbyqxs.com/book/2333.aspx&usg=ALkJrhgsGBz5WHfRlG7b0C87Tl0d-fQaXw

Dunno if you can read chinese, so i linked the English translated (by google translator) version. Read it at your own risk. Lol. I got one sided headache after reading a few chaps and thats when i decided to give it up. But according to a friend who read the whole thing, its worth reading and is definitely better than the drama in every other aspect. 

Master Devil, Season 2

Episode 21 Recap

Spoiler

Feng Shao and Xiao Nan are walking together when the former asks the latter how come Chen Chuan didn’t attend the competition just now.  Xiao Nan says she just called him and he refused.  Feng Shao’s first reaction is one of surprise to hear that he still can’t Chu Xia out of his system, but then on additional thought, he admits that were it him, he’d feel the same because it’s not easy to start liking a person only to then have that person become your cousin.  It’s way too melodramatic, he says, and then asks if this what they mean by saying brothers and sisters will be united in marriage.  [He’s making a play on words here as there’s a saying, “lovers will be married,” and he replaces two words in the saying with “brother” and “sister”.]  Xiao Nan can’t believe Feng Shao can make a joke at a time like this, but Feng Shao says he’s not.  Chen Chuan is his younger brother and it’s hard for him as well to see Chen Chuan suffering as he is.  But Xiao Nan just points out it was all because of him in the first place since he was the one who gave Chen Chuan that dating advice book on how to pursue women.  Feng Shao doesn’t think he should be blamed though because back then, Chen Chuan begged him for dating advice.  Xiao Nan responds by telling him to forget about it as she doesn’t want to talk about it anymore.  She then switches the topic by asking if he knows any people who know how to play musical instruments.  Feng Shao asks how he’d know people like that, and Xiao Nan points out that used to play the guitar.  Feng Shao says that was when he was trying to pursue Chu Xia, and then he gave up.  Xiao Nan tells him she doesn’t care; he has to help her with this favor.  Feng Shao asks her what she’s up to and she finally admits that she wants to help Chen Chuan find a band to play with so he can fulfill a dream.  Feng Shao tells her to wait a second as he thinks things over in his head; then he says, “Oh!  I understand now.  I understand it all now.”  Xiao Nan asks him what he understands, and he asks if she likes Chen Chuan.  Xiao Nan denies it and hurries to leave him behind, but Feng Shao just continues to tease after her telling her to stay so they can talk a little bit more.  He yells after her that he has a book that teaches you how to pursue men, and that it’s been passed down from his grandfather’s generation.  He asks her if she wants it.  [Haha!]

Qi Lu and Han Yu are still chatting on the school rooftop.  Qi Lu asks Han Yu if he remembers what he once told him.  Han Yu asks him which one, and Qi Lu says, “You didn’t want me to, because of my own selfish desires, block another person’s right to pursue their dream.”  Han Yu asks if he’s figured it out, and Qi Yu says understands now and that Han Yu was right when he said that.  He then says that Chu Xia has the right to pursue her dream and, furthermore, she has the talent to help her fly even higher.  Han Yu asks, “What about you then?  If Chu Xia wins the contest and goes to France to study, what will you do?”  Qi Lu answers he’s decided to study business and take over the business from Liu Ge.  Han Yu’s surprised to hear this since he never wanted to do it before, and Qi Lu agrees.  But then he explains that after experiencing recent events, he’s realized that people can’t live selfishly.  Even though his father was able to pull through this time, his health will never be the same again, and sooner or later, he’s going to have to step down from his position.  So Qi Lu says he has to, for his family, learn how to have more of a sense of responsibility.  Han Yu asks if he isn’t going to still do his astronomy anymore and Qi Lu says no.  Han Yu asks him what’s going to happen to his dreams, and Qi Lu says he’s decided to turn reality into his dreams.  Han Yu says, “Since I’ve come home, you’ve changed quite a bit too.” 

“Really?”  

“The Qi Lu from before only had himself in his eyes.  The Qi Lu of now is willing to risk his life to blend into the world.  But have you ever asked yourself who that person who allowed you to change is?” 

Chu Xia, Man Kuai, and the other contestants from the competition are taken to their secret workspaces where everyone is given a room that’s fully stocked with supplies and materials, and meals will be delivered to them three times a day.  Before they’re released to their individual rooms, each person also hands over their phone, which will be returned to them after the competition is over.  The contestants are then dismissed to their rooms and we see Xin Wei and Chu Xia pause next to each other before heading for their own rooms.

Chu Xia enters her room takes a moment to gather her emotions before she puts a brave smile and look of determination on her face.  She then walks over to her workspace and looks over the items, and tells her mother that she won’t let her down. 

Back at the Han house, Liu Ge and Jiang Yuan Yuan are flirting over after-dinner fruit.  Qi Lu arrives home then and when his parents cough as he walks past, he recollects himself and says, “Oh.  I’m home.”  Liu Ge calls him over and tells him to take a seat.  He says he heard from Qi Lu’s teacher today that he turned in paperwork to change his major and that he chose business.  Qi Lu confirms the news and his father tells him that while he was hospitalized, he kept thinking about whether he’d been right in the past to keep pushing Qi Lu towards studying business.  His father tells him that when people are facing death, they start to look at things differently.  A person’s life is only so long, he says, so why don’t they do more of things they want to do when they’re young?  That’s why he’s decided to not force Qi Lu into doing anything anymore, and tells Qi Lu that he can freely study his astronomy.  Qi Lu smiles to hear his father’s words, but then says, “Actually, I’m doing this on my own accord.  And right now I am doing what I want to do.  During this time, I thought about a lot of things.  In the past, I was too selfish.  I’m sorry.  Dad.” 

Qi Lu leaves the room and his father is so touched, he doesn’t know what to say.  His mother gasps in surprise and says, “Did you hear what Qi Lu said?  He apologized to you; he said ‘I’m sorry!’”  His father says, “Our child really has grown up.”  Then he tells his wife that she raised him well, but she refuses to take credit and says it was Xiao Chu Xia who raised him. 

Chu Xia’s father holds a picture of Chu Xia’s mother in his hands.  He tells Shu Ya that he’s sorry and that everything that’s happened has been because of him.  He asks her not to blame Xin Wei because she’s still young, is full of temper, and is helpless to understand everything right now.  But he tells her not to worry because he’ll look after Chu Xia, give her the best life, and give her the best education. 

There’s a knock at the door; it’s Chen Chuan who’s answering a summons from his uncle.  His uncle tells him that he’s been busy the past two days and hasn’t had a chance to talk with him.  He then adds that he’s sure Chen Chuan knows what he’d like to talk to him about.  As he says Chu Xia’s name, Chen Chuan cuts him off and says it’s late and suggests they do this another day.  His uncle just tells him to sit down, and so Chen Chuan has to.  His uncle tells him that when it comes to business, he’s been ruthless, doing whatever it takes to survive in the business world.  But the one thing he failed at was the handling of his family affairs.  He then tells Chen Chuan that he knows, because of his problems, he’s caused him, Xin Wei, and Chu Xia to suffer hurt.  He apologizes to Chen Chuan but then reminds him that in life, people will encounter all sorts of different situations.  They’ll fall down, they’ll reach a point where they don’t know which direction they should take next, and sometimes they’ll even be at a loss as to what to do.  But once something’s happened anyway, you have to stand up and keep walking forward.  Because once you take that first step, you’ll realize that things aren’t actually that difficult.  Chen Chuan asks his uncle what he’s trying to say, and his uncle tells him that on the day of the final competition, he wants Chen Chuan to go with him.  Chen Chuan says he’s sorry, but he can’t do it.  His uncle tells him that he doesn’t want this to become a hole that’s forever in his heart, and then tells him to think about it.

We get a montage of Chu Xia and Xin Wei working on their individual clothes designs, and then it’s three days later.  All the students head towards the auditorium for the final round of the competition.  Jiang Yuan Yuan attends and takes a seat in between Han Yu and Qi Lu.  Chu Xia and Xin Wei’s father attends as well, and sits next to his secretary.  Feng Shao, who’s sitting a few rows ahead with Xiao Nan, whispers and asks Xiao Nan if that’s Chu Xia’s father as this is his first time seeing him in person.  He comments that Chu Xia’s father is actually quite handsome, and Xiao Nan tells him to speak more quietly. 

In her work space, Chu Xia is putting the final touches on her outfit.  Ma Teacher knocks on her door and tells her to hurry up as it’s almost time for her to go on stage.  She tells him she’s coming and then she takes one last look at her outfit, obviously pleased with the work she’s done. 

Man Kuai has just arrived in the lobby of her apartment building when she answers a call on her cell phone.  It’s Wan Zi who tells her that she has something she wants to discuss with her.  Man Kuai says she’s on her way to the competition and suggests they chat later, but Wan Zi tells her it’s about the competition.  She tells her that it’s about Chu Xia, and that there’s someone who wants to frame Chu Xia.  Man Kuai says, “What?!” and Wan Zi asks her where she is.  She says that she’s in the lobby of her apartment building.  That’s when a masked man rushes up to Man Kuai from behind.  Wan Zi happens to looks around the column she’s standing next to right at that moment and sees Man Kuai getting abducted.

Back at the competition, Feng Shao asks Xiao Nan if Chen Chuan’s really not coming.  Xiao Nan says she doesn’t know.  She called him a little while ago but he said he still needed to think about it.  The judges take their seat and the host of the competition calls out to You Tian Teacher and asks how come Man Kuai hasn’t yet arrived.  She tells him she has something she needs to discuss with Man Kuai and is wondering where she is.  You Tian Teacher says he doesn’t know either but suggests they wait a little bit longer for her.  Right at that moment, Xiao Nan freaks out (in happiness) because Chen Chuan makes an appearance and takes a seat next to his uncle.  His uncle tells him that he’s glad he was able to come.  Chen Chuan tells him he just came to watch the competition.

At that moment, everyone’s phones start going off.  Fashion design sketches are posted online and the netizens comment that Xiang Man Kui released new designs.  The judges can hardly believe it and all take out their phone to read the messages.  As everyone around him is now looking at their phones, Chu Xia’s father tells his secretary to go investigate and find out what’s going on.  His secretary reports back that Man Kuai just posted her new design sketches online and right now the fashion circle is going crazy.  Chu Xia’s father says he gets it now, but when he sees his secretary hesitating, he asks what else he has to share.  His secretary says that Man Kuai used their company’s fashion platform, Miscon, to publish the photos.  Chu Xia’s father asked how he could have not known about this and his secretary says he’s not clear either.  Chu Xia’s father sends him off again to get to the bottom of the matter.

Qi Lu, Han Yu, and Jiang Yuan Yuan are also looking at the photos.  She asks if that’s Man Kuai’s new work and Qi Lu says it doesn’t seem like her style.  His mother comments with surprise that he would know, and Han Yu points out that Man Kuai’s seat has been empty this entire time.  He says that for her to be publishing these photos at this time, it’s a little weird. 

The judges and the netizens continue to discuss the sketches and comment on how unique they are, and how of course something like this would come from someone like Man Kuai.  The host meets up with You Tian Teacher again and asks if he’s been able to get in touch with Man Kuai.  He says he just sent her a message and she responded that she’s not feeling well and won’t be able to come.  The host says they’ve no other choice then, but to get started without her.  You Tian Teacher agrees and so they part ways to get the competition going.

Man Kuai wakes up and finds herself locked in a warehouse somewhere.  She starts kicking at the door to be let out, and the men who’ve been hired to keep watch over her tell her to shut up.

Back at the auditorium, the host gets the competition started and the first person on stage is Xin Wei who walks the runway in the suit she designed and created.  Her father smiles with pride in the audience, and the reactions from the judges appear to be favorable as well.  Chen Chuan comments that he used to think that Xin Wei studying design was something she did by going fishing for three days and drying the nets for two [it’s an idiom to say: works by fits and starts, lacking in perseverance]; he never imagined she’d actually work at it.  He asks if his uncle is happy.  His uncle says what else is there to say and reminds Chen Chuan that no matter how bad she is, she’s his little cousin.  Then he says that generally speaking, Xin Wei can be kind of spoiled, but when it comes to fashion design, she does seem to have her heart set on it. 

After Xin Wei finishes walking the runway, the host asks if she can explain the thought process behind her design.  Xin Wei takes the microphone and says, “For everyone who’s been following the news lately, they probably know what’s happened to the Jiang family recently.  My father made a mistake when he was young.  Of course, given my position in the family, I’m not in a place to comment on the business of an elder member of the family.  But I have to say something to some people, if you want to wreck my family or try and take even half of a step into the Jiang family, I’ll be like soldier and fight you to the end.”  Her father looks incredibly uncomfortable and embarrassed in the audience [as he should].

In the warehouse, Man Kuai looks exhausted.  She hears bells ringing and the realization that she’s at school seems to give her back some of her energy as she yells again for someone to come save her.  Outside, the men guarding her are discussing how things aren’t looking good if she keeps making noises and people overhear her.  One of the guard says he doesn’t understand why they had to bring her to school anyway, and another guard answers that it was Miss [he doesn’t give a name, but we can assume it’s Xin Wei] who didn’t want to turn this into a huge mess.  [Really?  Because abducting someone isn’t already a huge mess?]

Back at the competition, the host sends Man Kuai backstage now that she’s finished her portion.  She then tells the audience that for their next segment, they’re going to invite someone who’s shown a lot of talent and made quite an impact even in her first showing, An Chu Xia.  Chu Xia arrives on stage and instead of showcasing the outfit she created [don’t ask me why, just roll with it] she points to the screen behind her and says, “This is my design sketch.” 

The images that flash on screen are the ones that were disseminated earlier under Man Kuai’s name.  Everyone in the audience gasps and start muttering to themselves that this is way too weird and wonders what’s going on  Chu Xia stands on stage looking confused.  One of the judges then asks her if the sketch behind her is definitely hers.  Chu Xia says it is, and the judge asks if that means she created it by herself without help from anybody else.  Chu Xia asks her what she means by that and the judge tells her to answer her question first.  Chu Xia answers confidently, “Yes.”  The judge then says, given her answer, can she explain why half an hour earlier, Xiang Man Kuai posted identical sketches online.  Chu Xia asks, “WHAT?”

I just finished with season one and starting the second season soon. I am was a little sad to see that they didn't become a couple till the end. I was expecting a lot more romantic moments. 

One more ep to go...

Master Devil, Season 2

Episode 22 Recap

Spoiler

The episode picks up where the last episode left off with the judge asking Chu Xia about the sketches on the screen behind her.  Chu Xia asks what’s going on and the judge asks her if there’s any way she can prove that she was the one who designed the sketches.  Chu Xia says she has the original manuscript at home and can bring it to show them, but the judges point out that even if she did that it still wouldn't necessarily prove that the manuscripts are hers.  Chu Xia insists with frustration that she drew the designs, and then remembers that Man Kuai can also vouch for her.  That’s when another judge tells her that Man Kuai’s sick and can’t come today.  Chu Xia says she can call Man Kuai and ask her verify through the phone.  The first judge tells her to calm down as she and the judges are going to have a quick meeting and then give her and the audience an answer.

Man Kuai is still in the warehouse, trying to find something to help her get out of there.  She finds a stick.

At the competition, the judges leave the room and the audience is talking among themselves.  Jiang Yuan Yuan motions for Qi Lu and Han Yu to get up and as they reach Chu Xia on stage (with Qi Lu getting there first!), they’re joined by Xiao Nan, Feng Shao, and her father.  Qi Lu puts one arm around her while Xiao Nan takes hold of one of her hands.  Her father suggests they move to a different location and asks them to come with him.  Qi Lu has to push at Chu Xia to get her moving.

Man Kuai hacks at the door to the warehouse with the stick she found.  Outside, the guards tell her to stop hitting the door and then the masked man returns.  He asks the guards how things are going inside, and they tell him that everything’s fine.  He says that’s great and then takes off his mask.  I don’t think any of are surprised to learn it’s Gao Gan.  He tells Man Kuai to quiet down inside and cooperate, as they’re let her out in a little while.  If she doesn’t, then he’ll show her.

Chu Xia is sitting on a couch with Jiang Yuan Yuan and Xiao Nan on other side of her.  Her father’s sitting in the couch next to them, Han Yu’s standing behind them, Feng Shao’s standing in between them and her father, and Qi Lu’s standing in front of them on the phone.  His mother asks if he’s been able to reach Man Kuai by phone and he says she keeps not answering his calls.  Chen Chuan arrives at that moment as well.  Xiao Nan starts making comments about Man Kuai again and points out that given that she’s the more experienced designer and Chu Xia’s the novice designer, no one’s going to believe Chu Xia.  Qi Lu tells her not to be too hasty in jumping to any conclusions because based on his understanding of her, she wouldn’t use such methods to blasphemy a designer that she likes.  Xiao Nan can hardly believe that at a time like this, he’d still speak up on her behalf.  But his mother agrees that she doesn’t think Man Kuai would do something like this.  Feng Shao agrees that maybe it’s just a misunderstanding and asks Chu Xia what she thinks.  Chu Xia says she believes in Man Kuai.  Xiao Nan begs Chu Xia to come to her senses and tells her to think about how Man Kuai’s treated her in the past.  Chu Xia tells her that this is different though, and that if Man Kuai had wanted to use this sort of method to harm her, then she could’ve done so in the very beginning and didn’t have to wait until now.  Xiao Nan’s pissed off by her reply, but can’t say anything more. 

Han Yu tells everyone to not get too anxious as they’ve more pressing matters at hand, which is to find Man Kuai.  He suggests to Qi Lu that they go to her house to look for her.  Qi Lu agrees and both Feng Shao says he wants to go too.  As they all start to exit the room, Qi Lu turns back to give Chu Xia a hug and tell her to keep her spirits up.  This time when Qi Lu leaves, Chen Chuan tells him to wait up as he wants to go too.

Chu Xia’s father’s phone rings.  He leaves the room to answer it.  It’s his secretary calling to say that he’s figured it all out.  The employee that he talked to said it was Xin Wei who asked him to post the pictures online and also told him that it had to be posted this morning.  Chu Xia’s father is speechless upon hearing this news.  When he finally finds his voice, he tells his secretary that he understands.  He then instructs his secretary to go back and tell the employees to make sure none of this information gets leaked.

The boys come racing out of the building with Qi Lu leading the pack.  He suggests that Feng Shao and Chen Chuan go to the reception’s office to ask if they’ve heard anything while he and Han Yu go to Man Kuai’s house.  The others agree to his plan and break up to leave, but Wan Zi arrives at that moment and tells them to hold up.  Qi Lu asks her what she wants and she hesitatingly reveals that she thinks she knows where Man Kuai is.  Feng Shao asks her if she really means that and Han Yu tells her to not be scared and asks if she just said she knew where Man Kuai was.  It’s clear that Wan Zi is scared as she retracts what she just said and said she didn’t and that she only knows this much, so Qi Lu steps in to ask if this has anything to do with Mo Xin Wei.  Wan Zi just keeps saying, “I…” and Han Yu tells her again to not be scared and to tell them what she knows.  He promises they’ll protect her.  That’s when Wan Zi admits that Xin Wei is the mastermind and all the boys react with, “I just knew it,” sort of expressions.  Wan Zi confesses that the other day she just happened to see Xin Wei with another man.  And then we get a flashback showing what it was exactly that Wan Zi overheard; it’s basically Xin Wei telling the other guy that she’s going to take down Chu Xia no matter what and so in three day’s time, the other person has to make sure he prevents Man Kuai appearing at the competition. 

Wan Zi tells them that she was scared but after thinking about it, she decided that morning to go find Man Kuai, and so we get another flashback of when she tried to call Man Kuai and then witnessed her getting abducted.  Back in the present time, Wan Zi tells them that she followed the abductors but they didn’t put Man Kuai down until they arrived at school.  Wan Zi tells them that she was very scared so she’s not exactly sure where they hid her.  Han Yu reassures her that she did a good job and tells her to go home first as they’ll handle the rest.  Wan Zi agrees and walks off.

Han Yu tells the others to think about it for a minute.  If they were a robber, where would you put her?  Chen Chuan says first, there’s no way it’d be one of the classrooms because it’s too dangers.  Second, it also wouldn’t be the gymnasium because they’d be easily discovered.  Qi Lu muses that if they wanted to find a place to hide, it’d have to be some place where there wasn’t a lot of people and out of the way.  Qi Lu, Han Yu, and Chen Chuan seem to think of the same place at the same time, but it’s Qi Lu who says, “The school’s west,” and Han Yu and Chen Chuan finish the thought with, “Old warehouse!”  Feng Shao marvels at their deductive reasoning and Qi Lu tells him to stop wasting time, they have someone to go save!  The boys go running off.

Xin Wei’s smirking to herself when her father arrives to speak with her.  He asks her if she was the one who did it, but she feigns ignorance and tells him that she doesn’t understand what he’s trying to say.  He tells her that he’s already done an investigation and knows that she was the one who had the sketches posted and distributed online; she’s trying to frame Chu Xia.  Xin Wei can only admit to her culpability at that point so she laughs and says she thought she’d be able to keep things hidden for a little bit longer, and never imagined that she’d be found out by her father that quickly.  Her father asks her why she did it and Xin Wei tells him, “I’ve said it before, I want to destroy her.”

“Even still you shouldn’t behave like this.  What you’re doing is destroying a person’s future.  Do you understand that?”

“Isn’t this what you taught me?  I’m the successor to Jiang Shi Ji Tuan.  Whenever there’s something standing in my path, all I have to do is kick it aside.”

“But!”  Her father’s practically in a fit by now as he takes a moment to calm his voice back down and says, “But Chu Xia’s not the same.  She’s your older sister.”

“Stop bringing up that name with me.  She’s not my older sister.  She’s just a bastard.”

“MO XIN WEI!” 

Her father calms himself down again and asks her where Man Kuai is.  He asks if her disappearance has something to do with her as well.  Xin Wei tells him she doesn’t know and he tells her.  “My child, listen to me.  What you’re doing right now is committing a crime.  If this turns into a bigger situation, it’ll be too late.”  Xin Wei shoves him off though and says she’s just been working hard on her competition so how would she know where Man Kuai went.  She suggests that maybe Man Kuai accidentally overslept or maybe she’s in some random place on campus, or maybe she just flat out never wanted to come to the competition site.  That’s when her father has to accept the reality that his daughter was behind it all.  Xin Wei tells him that if he wants to report her, he can do it at any time since she’s his daughter.  So whatever he wants to do, it’s up to him.  Then she walks away.

The boys arrive to the old warehouse and hide behind some trees.  They count the number of men guarding the warehouse and discuss what they should do next.  Then they notice that Gao Gan is amongst the guards and wonder if partnered with Xin Wei to abduct Man Kuai.  Qi Lu tells Chen Chuan to go call the security guards, but as he leaves he trips over some water bottles and the noise alerts the guards to their presence.  Feng Shao asks what they should do now and Qi Lu says what choice do they have but to fight!  And so they go running out and meet the guards mid-way.  They’re about to engage in a fist fight with the guards, but then Gao Gan calls out to Qi Lu, saying that it’s been a while since they’ve seen each other.  Qi Lu tells Gao Gan that he never thought he’d work with Xin Wei to do something like this and then tells him to release Man Kuai. 

Inside the warehouse, Man Kuai hears voices and recognize’s Qi Lu’s.

More words are exchanged between Gao Gan and Qi Lu and in the end, Qi Lu ends up punching Gao Gan, sending him flying backwards.  From the ground, Gao Gan asks his guards what they’re waiting for and tells them to attack.  The guards are about to do so until one of them gets a phone call from their boss.  He tells his boss he understands and when he hangs up, he signals to the others to retreat.  Gao Gan asks them where they’re going and tells them to come back.  Qi Lu smirks to find Gao Gan now utterly defenseless and tells them that today, they’ll settle their old and new scores by counting them together.  Gao Gan is now reduced to a cowardly state as he tells Qi Lu to not come near him.  Qi Lu asks him how he wants to die and Feng Shao passes him a glass bottle, which Qi Lu smashes over his head.  [Don’t worry, he was wearing a baseball cap, at least.] 

At that moment, they hear Man Kuai calling out from the warehouse.  Qi Lu tells the others to call security while he goes to save her.  He unlocks the door and Man Kuai comes rushing out.  She grabs onto him for a hug and he tells her that it’s over now.  Then he adds that she has to come with him immediately.  [I’d also just like to point out that she’s hanging onto him like he’s a tree and as for him, he’s just letting her hang there.  There’s no hug like the ones he’s given Chu Xia in the past when he’s either saved her or known she’s needed comfort.  As the saying goes, sometimes actions speak louder than words!]  Right at that moment, there’s a noise at Qi Lu’s back.  He swirls around and sees Chen Chuan tackling Gao Gan to the ground.  Looks like Gao Gan had tried to club him when he wasn’t paying attention.  Chen Chuan tells him to go as he’s got things covered here, so Qi Lu grabs Man Kuai by the hand and rushes off.

Back at the competition, the host is back on stage.  She’s apologizing to everyone for the long wait and explains that serious matters cropped up that had to be dealt with first.  She then tells them that the judges have reached a decision and invites one of them to share what the decision is.  Off to the side, Chu Xia is being held up by Xiao Nan and Jiang Yuan Yuan. 

The judge arrives on stage and announces that it was determined that Chu Xia plagiarized her sketches; therefore, she’s lost her right to compete.  In the audience everyone starts talking and Chu Xia’s dad looks especially lost.  The judge tells the audience that he hopes everyone will understand and asks for their support.  Chu Xia’s dad stands up looking frustrated while the host says given the judge’s decision, they’ll pause things for now to recollect.  Right at that moment though, we hear a voice telling them to wait a moment.  Everyone looks to the door; it’s a ragged-looking Qi Lu and Man Kuai.

Man Kuai collects herself to take the stage and announces to everyone that the sketch really is Chu Xia’s and that she didn’t copy it.  The host asks if that means Man Kuai copied Chu Xia’s sketch and Chu Xia rushes forward to say it’s not like that.  The host asks Man Kuai to explain what’s going on.  Man Kuai says she thinks it’s because there was a problem with the website and insists that the sketches really were Chu Xia’s.  She tells everyone not to make any assumptions or deny Chu Xia’s talents that just because she’s a new designer and someone who’s unknown.  She then apologizes to everyone for her part in what happened today, and to Chu Xia as well. 

Just as Man Kuai is bowing to everyone, Xin Wei arrives on stage and tells the audience to not be fooled by her.  She tells Man Kuai that the sketches are obviously hers as she saw it with her own eyes and asks her why she’s lying on Chu Xia’s behalf.  She asks if she’s been bribed by Chu Xia.  Chu Xia tells Xin Wei that she’s talking crazy and then goes to stand next to Man Kuai.  Xin Wei tells Man Kuai not to ruin her own future while Chu Xia mutters to Man Kuai that she’s already done enough to help her and thanks her, but the rest she says she’ll handle on her own.  Xin Wei asks what’s wrong and asks if she guessed correctly. 

Qi Lu steps in then to tell Xin Wei that he found Man Kuai in an old warehouse on the west side of campus which means that in order to prevent Man Kuai from arriving at the competition, someone abducted her.  He asks Xin Wei if it was her who did it.  Xin Wei says that old warehouse has been broken down forever and suggests that perhaps Man Kuai got herself stuck there or maybe it was she herself who didn’t want to come to the competition.  Qi Lu responds by asking how she’s going to explain the men who were guarding her there.  Xin Wei asks how would she know and suggests he ask her.  She then tells everyone to take a good look at Chu Xia and, criticizing the way she’s dressed, asks how someone like her could possibly come up with a sketch like that (pointing to the images on the screen). 

Chu Xia takes offense at Xin Wei’s comments and says that if Xin Wei keeps talking like that she’s going to hit her.  Xin Wei responds that a bastard is a bastard, as their types only know how to hit and kill and lack any sort of upbringing.  Qi Lu yells that that’s enough, but he’s echoed by Xin Wei’s father who runs onto the stage.  He asks Xin Wei if she’ll cut it out now and she tells him that this they’re in the middle of a competition right now.  She tells him that he can’t, just because they share blood, spoil her.  She then calls him, “Chairman,” instead of father.  He asks how she became like this. 

Man Kuai steps forward then and says she has a way to prove that the sketches are Chu Xia’s.  She finally admits that her hand is injured and might never again be able to draw.  She then points out that everything that’s happened today is because there was someone who wanted to bring about harm.  She admits she doesn’t have any proof, but asks everyone to think about it who would stand to gain the most benefits.  Xin Wei is reacting like a crazy person at this point, as she tells the audience not to be fooled by her.  She starts accusing Chu Xia of being a faker and says she’s just like her mother, a faker.  Her father turns around at that and grabs her by the hand, telling her to stop causing trouble and suggests they go home.  But she shoves her father’s hand away and asks why she should go home when she hasn’t finished talking.  She then continues to point at Chu Xia and calls her a faker and a bastard.  At that, her father slaps her hard [check out the way her hair goes flying!] and says, “If she’s a faker, then what am I?  What do you take me for?!”  Xin Wei shoves him aside and says he’s a faker too as she runs off stage.  Chu Xia and her father are left staring at each other.  It’s clear she doesn’t know quite what to do as she takes a few teeny steps forward, but eventually her father runs after Xin Wei while Qi Lu holds Chu Xia back by the collar.

The host then says that now that they’ve been able to determine that this was all a “misunderstanding” [Seriously, lady?  That’s what you’re going to call this?] she would like to announce that the winner of the competition is An Chu Xia!  Qi Lu wraps his arm around Chu Xia’s head and pats the side of it while the audience goes wild.  Xiao Nan and Jiang Yuan Yuan also rush over to exclaim over her.  [I swear this is the weirdest celebration given everything that just went down.]  The boys return at that moment and Chu Xia’s still not really reacting to the news.  Qi Lu grabs her for a hug and then Feng Shao hugs them both, followed by Xiao Nan, Jiang Yuan Yuan, Han Yu, and even Chen Chuan.  Man Kuai is left to stand by herself on the side.

Back at the Han household, the family is seated at the dinner table.  Jiang Yuan Yuan raises her glass to Chu Xia’s success in the competition.  Liu Ge tells Chu Xia he regrets he wasn’t able to attend her competition, but he feels very proud of her anyway and so also wants to raise his glass to her.  Qi Lu tells his father to drink less and Chu Xia agrees that because he just got discharged from the hospital he should drink less.  Liu Ge says okay.  Lao Han tells Jiang Yuan Yuan that a guest has arrived.  He steps aside and we see it’s Man Kuai. 

And finally, here it is, my last recap!  I think it may also be my longest one yet.  I hope my recaps have been useful to those of you waiting for subs, and if the later ones got overly detailed, I hope you will forgive me.  Midway through, I started sharing them with a friend who isn't watching the show and is only reading my recaps, so I oftentimes add more detail to give her context. 

This last episode was surprisingly difficult to recap.  I confess I've kind of been looking forward to finishing the recaps and having my evenings back (and have vowed never to do this again :tongue: ), but as I started rewatching Episode 23, it struck me that when I finished the recap, I would also be done with the drama. 

As imperfect as Qi Lu and Chu Xia could be, as crazy as the drama sometimes got, and as nonsensical as some things turned out being, I really loved this drama.  It's hard having to say good-bye.

Maybe I'll go back now and rewatch both season with subs, instead of relying on my own rudimentary understanding of the language.  :wink: 

In any event, thanks for sticking with me, and if I ever mistranslated something... apologies!  I really did try my best; it's a second language for me as well!

Master Devil, Season 2

Episode 23 Recap

Spoiler

Picking up where last episode left, Lao Han announces that a guest has arrived; it’s Man Kuai.  Jiang Yuan Yuan tells the family that she invited Man Kuai, and then tells Man Kuai to come sit next to her.  The other three don’t quite know what to think and the expression on Qi Lu’s face I notice is carefully kept blank.  But then his mother explains that today’s competition was all thanks to Man Kuai.  Qi Lu sits back in his seat and Chu Xia puts a smile on her face, while Jiang Yuan Yuan holds up her glass of wine to Man Kuai.  She tells Man Kuai that before she had some ill feelings towards her, and asks that Man Kuai excuse her from them.  Man Kuai thanks her and clinks her glass with hers.  At the head of the table, Liu Ge asks Man Kuai if her hand is any better.  She tells him actually her hand isn’t that serious and that after a period of time, she’ll be able to draw again, so she asks everyone to not worry about her.  He tells her to remember that the Han family’s door will always be open to her because they’re all one family.  She thanks him and finally, across the table, Qi Lu and Chu Xia are back to smiles as well.  Everyone cheers.

After dinner, Man Kuai and Chu Xia have a tête-à-tête on the balcony.  Chu Xia thanks Man Kuai, while Man Kuai tells her that she’s already told her that a hundred times today.  Chu Xia answers that she wants to keep saying it because if it wasn’t for her, then she’d be labeled as a plagiarist and her future would be ruined.  Man Kuai says, “Actually, back then, you only had to say one thing: Xiang Man Kuai’s hand is ruined and can’t draw anymore.  That would’ve solved everything.”

“But I promised you that I wouldn’t say anything.”

“And that’s why I came out to help you.  Chu Xia, actually it was you who helped yourself.”  Chu Xia smiles in response.  “By the way, let’s stop talking about me, let’s talk about you.”

“What is there to talk about with respect to me?” 

“You’re leaving next week for Brixton.  What have you and Qi Lu decided to do?”

“I don’t know.”

“If I was given the opportunity to make the choice again, I think I’d still go to France.”  Man Kuai tells Chu Xia that for her, Brixton was just too attractive of an opportunity.  It’s where every designer has a place.  But she does admit her one regret is that back then, she thought she wouldn’t have to explain things and that Qi Lu would understand her.  She tells Chu Xia that she had too much self-confidence, as she thought that no matter how deeply she hurt him, he’d still be in the same place waiting for her.  She finishes by telling Chu Xia not to misunderstand her as she’s not sharing this with her in an effort to separate her from Qi Lu.  In fact, she’s already given up on him.  Chu Xia says she knows, and Man Kaui tells her that she just hopes that Chu Xia can protect the things that are most important to her and not be like her.  She suggests that Chu Xia go find Qi Lu to have a talk with him and promises that he’ll understand her.  Chu Xia says she will and then says she has something to share with Man Kuai in secret.  She confesses that she’s actually a big fan of Man Kuai’s and that she’s analyzed all of her design pieces.  Man Kuai’s surprised to hear it, and jokes, “So this is why you held yourself back with Qi Lu.  You haven’t fallen in love with me, have you?”  Chu Xia asks her what she’s thinking and laughs.  Man Kuai joins her in her laughter and then says, actually, it’s the same for her as well.  She admits that she’s long admired Chu Xia for her talent and her persistence, and says that she knows one day they’ll still become competitors again.  But it’ll be from the position of two fashion designers.  Man Kuai warns her (with a smile) that when that happens, she’s not going to go easy on her.  Chu Xia answers (also with a smile) that she won’t either.  The two of them laugh together.

The next morning, Chu Xia is walking out of the house when she discovers her father pacing and waiting for her in the distance.  She turns and starts to walk away, but her father calls after her.  He catches up to her and tells her that he wants to speak with her.  Chu Xia asks him why he’s there and he answers that he’s been waiting a while for her.  Chu Xia asks him if he’s by himself and he tells her that there are some things, only the two of them can talk about together. 

We flashback to the end of Episode 19 when Chu Xia’s father found her at school and she started to walk away after telling him that they had nothing to talk about.  Back then, her father had stopped her by asking, “What if it has to do with Han Qi Lu?” and now we get to see the rest of that conversation.  Chu Xia is in the car when with her father and asks him what he meant by that.  He suggests they make a deal.  He says he can do the Han family a favor to help them get through their current crisis, and asks if that isn’t what she wants.  Chu Xia is shocked to hear that he’s investigated her.  Her father apologizes but says he had no choice but to do so.  He then asks her if anyone’s ever told her that the person from the company that the Han family’s been trying to partner with is him.  Chu Xia asks how that’s possible.  Her father tells her that the Jiang family has lot of different companies under the one name, and that they’re all spread out under different stockholders’ names, so it would makes sense that that they didn’t know about this.  He then tells Chu Xia that he’s coming to her with sincerity.  She tells him to speak his terms then, but says in a dry voice that surely he’s not doing this just to hear her call him “father,” because if that’s the case then she would be overwhelmed by such an unexpected favor.  Her father tells her that she’s overthinking things.  He just wants her to promise that, whether she wins the competition or not, she’ll go to France.  Chu Xia asks him what he’s trying to do and he tells her all she has to do is answer him that yes, she’s willing, or no, she’s not willing.  She thinks about it and after a moment, she says, “Okay, I’ll promise you.” 

Back in the present, her father tells her that he knows things have been hard on her lately because of the competition and suggests she go home early to go to bed.  After a pause, Chu Xia tells him that she’ll definitely go to France.  Her father stops in his step and asks, “What?” and she repeats what she just told him, that she’ll definitely go to France because it’s her dream.  But then she tells him that before that happens, there’s something she has to finish.  Her father says that’s fine and tells her that if there’s anything he can help with, she shouldn’t hesitate to let him know because he’ll help her finish it.  Chu Xia shakes her head enthusiastically and tells him there’s no need as this is something only she can finish by herself.  But she thanks him anyway before walking off.  Her father watches her leave with a smile and a laugh.

Back at home, Chu Xia calls up Xiao Nan and says she needs help.  Xiao Nan asks her what’s up and Chu Xia tells her not to ask but to just come over.  Xiao Nan says she’ll be right over and then we see her sitting Chu Xia down in front of a mirror and table as she starts to apply make-up.  She tells Chu Xia that the most important part of confessing one’s feelings is to wear a pretty skirt with a beautiful top.  When Xiao Nan’s finished, Chu Xia checks herself out in the mirror and smiles.  Xiao Nan puts down her make-up brush with satisfaction and says she’s done.  She tells Chu Xia that she looks beautiful and compliments herself for being a genius.  She then tells Chu Xia to take a good look at herself, as this is the real her.  Then she tells her to take out her skills and with one grasp, capture Han Qi Lu.  Chu Xia nods her agreement. 

Qi Lu’s waiting on the school rooftop when Chu Xia arrives wearing a pretty dress.  He doesn’t see her though since his back is turned to her, so she approaches him carefully and then says, “Qi Lu!” 

He turns around while grumbling, “You ask to meet me, but arrive late yourself.”

Chu Xia looks down and asks, “Do I look nice?”

“It’s okay.”

“Would it kill you to compliment me?”

“What I meant was you look nice.”

Chu Xia smiles.  “Han Qi Lu, I have something to tell you.”

“It just so happens I also have something to say to you.”

The scene cuts away and we see Xiao Nan dragging Chen Chuan somewhere.  He asks her where she’s taking him and to make a long story short, she takes him to meet Feng Shao who’s gathered two of his friends to help form a band for Chen Chuan.  Except Feng Shao’s horrible on his guitar and his friends aren’t any better.  One of them doesn’t even realize the string on his er hu is so old it ends up breaking on him mid-song (if you can call what they’re playing a song) and the other one who’s playing the violin doesn’t know to hold the instrument correctly. 

The scene returns to Qi Lu and Chu Xia.  She tells him to go first, and puts her head down all shy-like.  It’s clear she thinks that whatever Qi Lu wants to say to her is the same thing she wants to say to him.  Except, when he speaks, he asks, “When are you going to France?”

“I’m willing!”  Slowly, Chu Xia lifts her head realizing she did not anticipate the correct question.  “What you wanted to say to me was this?”

“Mm, also, your visa’s been taken care of.  It looks like Yuan Yuan Jie took care of it for you a while ago already.  As for your school’s admittance paperwork, have you contacted Brixton yet?” 

“That’s enough.”

“Also, how’s the weather over in France?”

“That’s enough!  That’s enough!  Do you really want to let me go that much?”

“Wasn’t it your dream to go to Brixton?”

“What about you?  What’s your opinion?”

“Me?  Are my opinions that important?”

“To me, they’re very important.  Han Qi Lu, do you think I’ll be like Xiang Man Kui and think that once I go to France I’ll leave you?  It’s not like that.  I like design, but I also like you.  Han Qi Lu, I like you!  I like you!!  Do you understand?!”

“Sorry, but for now, I won’t consider matters of the heart.” 

“What?”

“I just changed my major so I’m behind on a lot of homework.  If I don’t work hard, I’ll be too late.”

“Han Qi Lu.  I, An Chu Xia, am confessing to you.”  Qi Lu just nods his heads as Chu Xia starts to cry. 

“Didn’t you want to ask me what my opinion was?  Then I’ll tell you, the Han family just got through a big crisis.  Liu Ge’s health just got better.  Yuan Yuan Jie is incapable of facing business matters.  The Han Qi Lu of now simply doesn’t have the time to care about stuff like who I like and who I don’t like, and other small matters like that.  I just want to calmly and quietly take care of problems.  Is that okay?!”  He asks angrily.

“Small matters,” Chu Xia repeats.  “Fine.  So long as it’s like that then I won’t make things difficult for you anymore.  I hope everything goes successfully for you, Master Han.”  Then turns away with a broken heart and leaves. 

Qi Lu watches her walk away and once she’s out of sight, he collapses to the ground.

We’re back to Xiao Nan and Chen Chuan who are still suffering through the awful music playing.  Fortunately Chen Chuan puts a stop to it as he points out all the things Feng Shao and his friends are doing wrong.  Both of the friends get phone calls that call them away, and then it’s just Feng Shao . . . until he also gets a call from his girlfriend, and then it’s just Xiao Nan and Chen Chuan.  She tries to call Feng Shao back, but Chen Chuan stops her.  He tells her to let them be and Xiao Nan breaks down into tears as she apologizes and says it’s all her fault.  Chen Chuan asks her what this has to do with her and asks her why she’s crying.  But that just makes her cry harder so Chen Chuan ends up grabbing her for a hard hug.  He then calls her “fool” [used as a term of endearment here] and says, “Thank you for doing all these things for me.”  Xiao Nan stops crying and smiles, and says, “You’re welcome.”  [Can we now assume that these two finally get together?!]

Han Yu arrives at the school rooftop to find Qi Lu still sprawled on the ground.  He tells him angrily that if he knew this was going to happen, he would’ve made sure to pursue Chu Xia until he had her in his hands.  He then asks Qi Lu why he lied to Chu Xia.  Qi Lu tells him that he didn’t and Han Yu tells him he doesn’t need to cover things up to him.  Qi Lu reacts with an unhappy laugh before saying, “I just think Chu Xia’s already lost enough.  I can’t also let her lose this opportunity.” 

“Love and dreams don’t necessarily have to be in conflict with one another.”

“But what I said is true too.  I can’t go with Chu Xia to study in France.  I can’t be an impediment to her progress.  She can go to Brixton to study, but what about me?”

“I can’t help but suspect, but are you still that Han Qi Lu that I know?”

Qi Lu laughs.  “I’m not that Han Qi Lu.  I’m not that selfish.”

“Sure, but it’s the same focus on self.  You didn’t even ask Chu Xia how she feels or ask her for her opinion.  Maybe this doesn’t have to be as complicated as you think.”

“Maybe.”

“Brother, fruits are grown by themselves.  So you have to take it on yourself.”  [Literal translation doesn’t really make sense but Han Yu is basically reminding Qi Lu that if you want something to see something happen, you have to be willing to do something about it.]  “Take advantage of this time that you now have to regret and think things over well.”  And then Han Yu leaves.

D-Day.  Chu Xia is leaving for France and everyone – Xiao Nan, Chen Chuan, Han Yu, Feng Shao, Yuan Yuan Jie, and her father – is gathered at school to say good-bye.  Chu Xia thanks Yuan Yuan Jie for taking care of her all this time and tells her that while she’s not around, she also needs to take care of herself.  Yuan Yuan Jie agrees and then tells Chu Xia that one she arrives in France, if there’s anything she’s not used to in terms of eating or her living situation, or if there’s anything she should need, she should tell her immediately and she’ll have it sent over.  Yuan Yuan Jie adds that Liu Ge wasn’t feeling well so he didn’t come to see her off, but he wanted her to remind Chu Xia that she has to take care of herself.  Chu Xia promises that she will while her father tells Yuan Yuan Jie to be assured that he’s taken care of all of Chu Xia’s living arrangements and that there’ll be someone dedicated to taking care of Chu Xia. 

Xiao Nan is in tears as she walks over to give Chu Xia a hug.  She says she can’t bear to see her go and Chu Xia tries to comfort her, reminding her that it’s not like she won’t be back.  Xiao Nan tells her she that she has to come back and that she has to come back often.  As Xiao Nan returns to her place in the huddle, Chu Xia looks around.  Chen Chuan steps forward and tells her to take care of herself.  She thanks him and then looks around again.  Han Yu and some of the others do as well.  Yuan Yuan Jie finally says, “Qi Lu left the house early this morning.  I don’t know where he went.”  Chu Xia tells her that’s okay, that maybe he just didn’t want to come.  Her father tells everyone that it’s about time for them to leave and so they take their leave.

In the car, Chu Xia’s father tells her that if she wants to cry, she should just cry.  That opens the flood gates as Chu Xia bursts into tears. 

Back at school, only Xian Nan and Chen Chuan are left when he yells, “Stop hiding!  Come out!”  Xiao Nan asks him who he’s talking to and then Qi Lu steps out from where he was hiding, saying, “Many thanks for not exposing me.” 

Xiao Nan can hardly believe that Qi Lu was there this entire time.  She asks if he knows Chu Xia kept looking for him, but Chen Chuan just brushes her aside and says, “I’ve known for a while you were here.” 

“Then thanks for not exposing me.”

“Han Qi Lu, I never knew you were such a coward.” 

“Say whatever you’d like.  I’m leaving.”

Chen Chuan grabs him by the arm and says, “Wait a minute.  Do you know how much Chu Xia gave up for you?”

That catches Qi Lu by surprise as he asks, “What?”

“I said, a person like you doesn’t deserve to receive love.” 

“Not that.  What do you mean?” 

“Fine, I’ll tell you.”  That’s when Chen Chuan explains the deal that Chu Xia made with her father to help the Han family get through their crisis.  Chen Chuan points out that even though she hated his uncle, for his family, and for him, she promised her father to go to France.  Qi Lu asks him how he knows, and Chen Chuan says his last name is Jiang, how could he not know.  Then he says, “I’m telling you, if you don’t go chasing after her right now, I promise you you’ll regret it for the rest of your life!”  Qi Lu takes a moment to process everything he’s just heard and then pats Chen Chuan on the shoulder before running off.  Chen Chuan yells after him, “Go!” while Xiao Nan asks him why he wanted to help Qi Lu.  But Chen Chuan tells her, “I was helping my little sister.  I hope she can find happiness.”  [Awww, that is probably the sweetest thing Chen Chuan has ever said.]

We see Qi Lu take out his phone and try to call Chu Xia.  When there’s no answer, he looks up and we see a plane fly past.

Qi Lu returns to Cat Ear Alley.  He looks at the chalkboard for a bit and then goes to sit down.  He flashes back to all the times he and Chu Xia have shared, starting from their very first meeting when she tripped and fell on top of him and ended up kissing him in the process.  When the flashbacks end, Qi Lu walks over to the chalkboard and, with images of Chu Xia walking away from him that one last time on the school rooftop playing in all of our heads, writes, “An Chu Xia, I like you.”  He turns away from the chalkboard and . . .

Walks right into Chu Xia?  He looks her up and down and then pokes her cheek once, then twice, and then pinches her cheek.  She pushes away his hand and asks, “What are you doing?”

“You didn’t leave?” 

“The weather in France was bad, so my plane got cancelled.”

“But, I very clearly,” and he looks up to the sky.

“Stop but-ing.  In any event, it’ll be a few more days before I go to France.”  She looks around him and reads the chalkboard.  “Did you come here because you had something to say to me?”

“Yes.  Chu Xia, actually, the person you were communicating with on the chalkboard about feeding the cats was me.”

“That was it?  I’ve known that for a while now already.” 

“Huh?”

“Since there’s nothing else you want to say, I’ll leave first.” 

As she turns and walks away, Qi Lu yells after her, “Come back here!” 

That causes Chu Xia to stop in her steps as she turns back to ask heatedly, “Why?”

“If I tell you to come back, just come back.”

“If you tell me to come back, I just come back?”

“I like you.”  And then Qi Lu steps forward to grab Chu Xia in an all-embracing hug.  [FINALLY!]

THE END

[*sobs*]

2 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

So sorry is the eng sub done for all 23 episodes? I only see 15 eps for now. I love this season 2 too thanks for all your suggestion to continue watch hehe

I see subs up until 19 for now.  I'm sure the others will be forthcoming.  

And I'm so glad to hear you're loving S2!!!

13 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

Youre right about theyre being their own worst enemies... but yeah i guess when youre young you tend to pretend a lot.. haha but i wish any of my school mates were as handsome as HQL...

Yessss!  Just want to bash their heads together sometimes, lol!  Let's hope they continue to grow and mature together.  :wink:

And seriously, I wish the same about my schoolmates, haha!

• 3 weeks later...

I personally like it, though it's outside of my age group.  The annoying factors are kept at levels that didn't ruin the enjoyment of the series.  You're right about the dubbing.  Season 1 is simple and straight forward, more drama in season 2.  I really like both the female and male lead. 

On 5/3/2017 at 0:32 PM, thunderman1 said:

Drama any good? I read somewhere that season 1 had dubbing for the main cast and then Season 2 no dubbing.. ??? 

I liked it for the most part... a bit annoyed by the rushed ending but the leads were very good. The biggest problem was probably the length of each episode and the showrunners trying to cram in so many plot points in less than half an hour.

It's like watching a Japanese manhwa.

On 5/5/2017 at 2:39 AM, 40somethingahjumma said:

I liked it for the most part... a bit annoyed by the rushed ending but the leads were very good. The biggest problem was probably the length of each episode and the showrunners trying to cram in so many plot points in less than half an hour.

It's like watching a Japanese manhwa.

I finished both seasons this past weekend. Not bad. It was pretty lighthearted and not once did my blood pressure rise. lol 

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived