[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Master Devil Do Not Kiss Me 惡魔少爺別吻我

sugarplum892

@coffee89, @hinotori93, and @Riska Dwi Oktaviana, glad you are enjoying my recaps and finding them helpful!

I plan on continuing with my Season 2 recaps unless subs catch up to me.  (I noticed one website has uploaded subs for Ep1 so far.) 

As for Season 1, if it wasn't being subbed, I would consider recapping it.  But, there is one website already up to Ep9 with subs and, as they appear to continue to update periodically with subs, I would just recommend continuously checking back for subs. 

Feel free to message me if you want more info re: subs.

And just so you guys know, recaps for Ep7 will be a bit delayed.  I haven't had a chance to work on it yet and it's already late.  Sorry!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone thank you for putting up this thread here.   Saw this drama from MDL and though the story appeals more to younger viewers, I still gave it a try and loving it so far.... well anyway I feel  am always young at heart :D

Thank you @themarchioness for your effort.  Really appreciate it.  

@themarchioness

You're doing an amazing job with the recaps. I hope more people start reading them.

It's becoming increasingly obvious that Chuxia's niceness is a problem. On the one hand it's what makes her appealing to the boys but then it means giving hope and encouragement in circumstances in which she shouldn't.

I'm not sure for how long we'll have to deal with the push and pull. 

Master Devil, Season 2

Episode 7 Recap

Spoiler

Feng Shao and Chen Chuan are hanging out in the sports equipment room again.  Feng Shao says school let out a while ago already and asks if Chen Chuan’s really not going home.  He knows that Chen Chuan is upset about Chu Xia though, and starts wondering about her behavior as well.  In particular, he wonders if she’s been influenced by Qi Lu.  He tells Chen Chuan not to worry because he’s going to call and scold her. 

Just then, Feng Shao’s phone rings.  It’s Chu Xia.  She’s looking for Chen Chuan.  His phone’s turned off and she knows they’ve been hanging out a lot recently, so she thought she’d ask if he knew where Chen Chuan was.  Feng Shao lies and says he hasn’t seen him.  She’s about to hang up when he calls her back and asks why she’s looking for him.  She explains that she was in a bad mood earlier when she ran into Chen Chuan and he invited her to his family’s vacation retreat.  She wasn’t careful and let go of her temper a little, and figures she probably hurt him.  Feng Shao agrees that sounds serious, especially for a person with Chen Chuan’s background.  He says Chen Chuan has probably never suffered such a setback like that one before, especially when it comes to women.  He then tries to imply that if she breaks his heart, the next time he gets all agitated… Chu Xia cuts him off and tells him to stop scaring her. 

Feng Shao suggests a solution to making up with Chen Chuan: agree to his invitation.  She says she wants to accept his invitation, but his phone’s turned off.  That’s when Chen Chuan loses his cool and grabs the phone, much to Feng Shao’s disgust and despair.  He’s so excited to hear that Chu Xia’s agreed to go with him, but she’s more concerned about Feng Shao lying to her about Chen Chuan’s whereabouts.  Chen Chuan doesn’t care; he’s focused on her promise to go away with him.  After they hang up, he tells Feng Shao excitedly that he and Chu Xia are finally going to have a date by themselves.  Feng Shao just shakes his head.

It’s the day of their trip and Chen Chuan is staring at Xiao Nan and Man Kui standing next to Chu Xia.  Xiao Nan tells him this wasn’t her idea, she got dragged there.  Man Kui says Chu Xia said the more the merrier, so she decided to join them and hopes that’s okay.  Chen Chuan says it’s okay and ushers everyone to the car, although he makes sure that Chu Xia sits in the front seat.

The nurse is walking outside when she runs into Crystal who’s looking for You Tian Teacher.  At first the nurse just tells her she hasn’t seen him, but then she asks if it isn’t tiring to be spending all her days chasing after someone.  Crystal answers if you like someone you have to fight for them, because if you don’t put in even that little amount of effort, then you might as well just give up.  When she’s by herself again, the nurse thinks over Crystal’s words.

Xin Wei takes a picture of Chen Chuan with the girls on their getaway vacation and sends a message.  The gossips discuss, “Big news!  Big news!  According to a reliable source, two people went away together for a romantic trip to a resort area.”  “Is that for real?  Weren’t An Chu Xia and Han Qi Lu together?  How did it turn into Jiang Chen Chuan?”  “Looks like it’s for real.  After Xiang Man Kui returned, An Chu Xia and Han Qiu Lu went their separate ways and are each finding new people to like.”  “These two people really hid it well.  Even though I’m in the same class as them, I never knew.”  “Me either.”  “(Principal’s voice) This is the school’s group messaging chat, you can’t send these types of messages here.”  “(Qi Lu’s voice)  Lao Han!  Help me look up a location.”

Chen Chuan is trying to check them into the hotel, but because he’d only asked for two rooms when he called ahead, they only have the two rooms available.  He tells them he doesn’t care and that they need to find two more rooms for him, but the receptionist tells them there are no more vacancies.  Xin Wei arrives at that moment and snarks that there’s someone trying to use their connections to get a room here.  She says that if her uncle knew, he’d be hurt.  Chen Chuan asks her why she’s there and she says, “Why would I be here?  This is our Jiang Family’s property, my father let me come here to check things out.  What’s wrong with that?”  Chen Chuan mutters that he has bad luck.  When he turns back to ask again for two more rooms, Chu Xia tells him not to bother anymore as it’s making things difficult for the receptionist.  Instead, the three girls will stay in the same room. 

Xin Wei makes some catty remarks towards Chu Xia, telling her that she didn’t give her enough credit before, and that she didn’t know she was actually so skilled.  On the one hand she’s got Qi Lu and on the other hand, she’s managed to completely entrance this idiot right here.  Chen Chuan takes exception to that comment, but Chu Xia tells him to not pay her any attention. 

Everyone heads outside to eat on the patio.  Man Kui exclaims over how pretty the place is and thanks Chen Chuan again for bringing them there.  He tells her to not be so polite; any friend of Chu Xia’s is his friend too.  The waitress brings over their food, and Chen Chuan tells them that everything he’s ordered is what Feng Shao told him Chu Xia likes. 

As they begin their lunch, Qi Lu appears and says, “I’m sure you won’t object to one more person.”  They’re all surprised to see him there.  Chen Chuan mutters under his breath and Chu Xia asks him how he came to be there.  He says he was feeling down, so he thought he’d get out and walk around and just happened to run into them.  Chen Chuan tells him there are so many other open tables, why did he have to join theirs.  Across the way, Xin Wei invites him to join her at her table.  But he just looks over and then looks back, without saying a word.  Chen Chuan goes back to making sure Chu Xia eats, but she’s more interested in knowing when Qi Lu plans on returning home.  He asks if she’s not happy to see him there, and she says it’s not that.  There aren’t any more rooms and if he goes back late, it won’t be safe on the roads.  Chen Chuan readily agrees that it won’t be safe if he’s out too late and tells him to hurry and leave.  Qi Lu muses that this really is a problem, and then says to Chu Xia, “If it’s like this, you won’t mind if I sleep on the floor of your room, right?”  Chen Chuan tells him he can’t do that but instead, he can stay in his room.  He then tells Qi Lu that his room is spacious and so he doesn’t have to be polite, he can just stay with him.  Mission accomplished, Qi Lu tells him that he won’t be and agrees to stay with him.  With that decided, Chen Chuan tells everyone to eat up. 

Back at the Han household, Jiang Yuan Yuan is on the telephone with Qi Lu.  From her comments, he must be calling to tell his mother that he’s staying over at the vacation resort with Chu Xia because she tells him that she understands and that he and Chu Xia should have a good time and to not hurry home.  When Lao Han brings her fruit, she tells him that Qi Lu seems to have finally opened his eyes given that he and Chu Xia have gone off to a vacation resort together.  She couldn’t be more excited until Lao Han tells her that he doesn’t think the two of them are alone.  He explains that earlier that morning, Qi Lu asked him to look up the vacation resort’s information before hurrying out of the house and it turns out the vacation resort is owned by the Jiang family.  Jiang Yuan Yuan is disappointed to hear that.

Back at the resort, the boys are getting ready to settle down for the night.  Chen Chuan tells Qi Lu that the bed is big, but Qi Lu just asks if he’s a pervert.  Chen Chuan puts pillows down the middle and suggests they each take a side and not cross the lines.  Qi Lu says he understands, but as he approaches the bed, he tells Chen Chuan that there’s only one outcome for the night and that’s that he sleeps on the bed.  Spreading himself out diagonally, he takes over the entire bed.  Chen Chuan asks him where he’s supposed to sleep, and Qi Lu suggests the kitchen, bathroom, ceiling, the pond outside, or wherever else he’d like to sleep.  He then shoves Chen Chuan away and tells him to go away and stop bothering him.  Chen Chuan accuses Qi Lu of being a bully and says he’s going to fight back, but Qi Lu has already fallen asleep.  Not knowing what else to do, he curls up in the little bit of space left available and goes to sleep.

Qi Lu wakes up to find Chen Chuan next to him, but facing the other way and farting in his face.  He shoves at Chen Chuan but that just causes Chen Chuan to roll over and hook his leg over him.  Now wide awake, Qi Lu gets up.  As he leaves the room, he basically tells Chen Chuan that he’s a formidable opponent. 

Outside, Qi Lu runs into Chu Xia.  “It’s late, you haven’t gone to bed?”

“Isn’t it the same for you?”

“The room was too noisy, I couldn’t sleep.  The moonlight’s not too bad.”  After a pause, he adds, “Mm, how did you think to come to this vacation retreat?”

“I haven’t gone on an outing in a long time, so I thought I’d come out with Xiao Nan and the others and have a look around.” 

“Wasn’t it because of Jiang Chen Chuan?”

“Not entirely.  Did you see the news in the group chat?”

“Yes.”

“It’s not like what you saw.”

“What?”

“I said, my relationship with Jiang Chen Chuan, it’s not like what the others saw.”

“Then that’s okay.”

“Can I ask you a question?”

“Sure.”

“Xiang Man Kui, have you really decided to ignore her forever?”

“What do you mean by that?”

“I think she’s someone who’s to be pitied.”

“Did she send you to try and make peace?”

“No, no, no.  I just think there are times when everyone will have a period where they mess up.  You can’t just send them to hell for making one mistake.” 

“An Chu Xia.”

“What?”

“I’ve never met a more simple-minded person than you.  Are you that desperate for us to make up?”

“I’m only doing this because it seems like you can’t let go.  I’m trying to help you.  Just look at you now.  Rather than saying that you’re trying to torture the other person, why not just admit that you’re making things difficult for yourself.”

“I’m not in the mood to deal with you.”

Qi Lu walks away and Chu Xia huffs, “Is he crazy?”

It’s a new day and everyone is outside at a barbecue.  Xiao Nan asks Chen Chuan if this is the event he prepared for them, and you can tell she’s not terribly impressed.  Qi Lu makes a critical comment (“the worn out place where even a bird wouldn’t take a crap”) and Chen Chuan asks, “What did you say?”  Xiao Nan tells him nothing and he says everyone should come over to help because doesn’t know how to do it.  Xiao Nan and Man Kui get up immediately and then Chu Xia follows, while Chen Chuan asks them how to cut vegetables.  His phone rings; it’s Feng Shao.

Chen Chuan tells Feng Shao that he’s barbecuing kebabs, and on the other side, Feng Shao asks if that’s all he prepared.  When Chen Chuan says yes, Feng Shao asks if the vacation resort they’re staying at doesn’t have stables or something like that.  “Why not teach Chu Xia how to ride a horse?”  Chen Chuan says he doesn’t know how to do anything else.  Feng Shao says, “What about golf?”  Chen Chuan admits he doesn’t know how to do that either.  At that, Feng Shao asks if Chen Chuan is sure he’s the heir to the Jiang family and not someone they just picked up along the way.  Chen Chuan answers that he’s only good at playing video games and wonders if he should just turn the place into a place full of video games.  When he asks Feng Shao what he thinks of that idea, Feng Shao tells him it’s enough and to go back to doing what he was doing.  He wishes Chen Chuan good-luck before hanging up, and then calls him an idiot after hanging up.  He says that Chen Chuan can’t be taught.

Back at the barbecue, the women are putting together the kebabs while Qi Lu loads up the grill with charcoal.  Chen Chuan returns and tells Qi Lu that he doesn’t know what he’s doing, so he’ll do it.  He and Qi Lu end up fighting over who’s going to work the grill.  Qi Lu bumps Chen Chuan away, which causes the latter to stumble and prick his hand on a box of kebab sticks.  Xiao Nan runs over asking Chen Chuan if he’s okay and Chu Xia follows.  Xiao Nan cries that he’s bleeding, and Chen Chuan tells Qi Lu all he wanted to do was help him.  Chu Xia also scolds him for not paying more attention and when Qi Lu mutters that it was his own fault for being so close to him, Chu Xia scolds him even more.  “Shouldn’t you be apologizing after injuring someone?”  That richard simmons off Qi Lu who asks, “You want me to apologize?  It was obviously him who was in the wrong!”  Chu Xia tells him that he’s always like this and that it’s always someone else’s fault.  Who does he think he is, the young master of the Han family who’s set up above the masses?  Qi Lu accuses her of refusing to listen to reason, and she retorts that he’s beyond saving. 

Qi Lu walks off angrily and Chen Chuan seizes the opportunity to tell Chu Xia to not be mad, and that she can just blow on his wound and it’ll be better, but she also away in a huff.  Xiao Nan then says she’ll help him deal with the wound instead.

Man Kui follows Qi Lu until he tells her to stop following him.  She suggests they have a talk. 

Back at the barbecue, Chu Xia is still fuming.  Chen Chuan returns with a bandaged hand and asks her his bandaged hand looks good.  She’s not in the mood to engage though so he leaves.  Xiao Nan also returns and asks if Qi Lu hasn’t yet returned.  When Chu Xia says she doesn’t know, Xiao Nan asks where Man Kui went.  Chu Xia answers that she left with Qi Lu.  Xiao Nan seizes this opportunity to ask, “Do you now still think that the reason Xiang Man Kui is trying to get close to you is for innocent ones?” 

Chu Xia is annoyed that she’s bring this up again and asks, “Didn’t we already discuss this?” 

Xiao Nan says, “Yes, we have discussed it, but have you ever thought about the fact that there’s no one who would be nice to someone without some sort of reason?  There has to be a hidden reason for why she keeps going out of her way to help you.” 

Chu Xia tells her friend that she’s just overthinking things. 

That’s when Xiao Nan says, “Chu Xia.  How you feel about Han Qi Lu, you know how you feel deep down in your heart.  I’m not going to force you.  And I’m not going to force you to admit to anything.  But the most important thing is, you have to know what you really want and what you don’t want.”

“I don’t understand what you’re trying to say.”

“An Chu Xia, stop hiding!  If you like Han Qi Lu, just openly admit it.  You don’t have to worry about getting hurt, just go for it and have a grand romance for once.  But if you don’t like him, can I ask you to take a moment to look at the people next to you who are treating you well?”  She then points to Chen Chuan in the distance. 

“Meng Xiao Nan!”  

On 3/18/2017 at 2:08 AM, saved2K said:

Hello everyone thank you for putting up this thread here.   Saw this drama from MDL and though the story appeals more to younger viewers, I still gave it a try and loving it so far.... well anyway I feel  am always young at heart :D

Welcome @saved2K!  I'm glad you've joined us.  I think Master Devil appeals to us, regardless of age, because it's got a little bit of everything, don't you think?  It actually reminds me a lot of Boys Over Flowers and It Started with a Kiss and I loved those stories too, even when I wasn't young.  :wink:  

3 hours ago, coffee89 said:

An chu xia,, can u stop hiding ??!!! :(

Hahaha, that's a great question @coffee89!  I was cheering on Xiao Nan at the end of episode 7 for finally asking those questions that we've been asking since Season 1.  :tongue:  Honestly, I think it's applicable to Qi Lu as well.  I wish they would both be honest with each other about how they feel.

On 3/18/2017 at 6:31 AM, 40somethingahjumma said:

@themarchioness

You're doing an amazing job with the recaps. I hope more people start reading them.

It's becoming increasingly obvious that Chuxia's niceness is a problem. On the one hand it's what makes her appealing to the boys but then it means giving hope and encouragement in circumstances in which she shouldn't.

I'm not sure for how long we'll have to deal with the push and pull. 

Thanks @40somethingahjumma!  If my recaps allow more people to be drawn into this drama then it's definitely worth the effort.  I was so happy when this thread hit page 2, lol! 

I love reading your insights about this drama.  They're spot on and I find myself agreeing with them so much that I'm often left with nothing else to say other than to just 'like' your posts.  :) 

What I'm probably most interested in right now is the parallels that appear to exist between Man Kui and Chu Xia.  Both of them were adopted into the Han family it sounds like, and both were or are pretty independent.  I wonder if that's why Qi Lu has been so hesitant around Chu Xia, because he seems pretty aware of how he feels about her and yet isn't willing to do anything about it each other and instead suffers in silence and with insecurities next to her.  But then, if he's afraid that she might up and leave him one day like Man Kuai did, I can understand why he doesn't take that last step forward.  Despite the similarities in their background, I think what sets the two girls apart is that Chu Xia's a much nicer and decent person.  She'd never leave without a word.  She'd also never behave like Man Kuai is right now.  I find Man Kuai's expectation that she could just come back and pick up where she left off, as if everything in between hadn't happened, utterly distasteful.  In any event, I hope Qi Lu figures that out -- that they're not the same -- so that he can gain the courage to try again.  As for Chu Xia, I'm ready for her to clue into her own heart too.  She obviously cares.  Maybe it's time for her to experience a dose of that jealousy so that it will trigger her emotions? 

3 hours ago, Riska Dwi Oktaviana said:

I am curious about their kissing in ep 12 season 2...why suddenly qi luo kiss chu xia?after he kissing her..nothing happen with them..hahhahha..so strange..i dont understand about their relationship..

I think you meant Ep. 11 because 12 as far as I know isn't out yet. :D

At this point in time their relationship is primarily push-pull. Sometimes they speak to each other like the grown ups they are aspiring to be and other times they bicker like a couple of kids and not say what's really in their hearts.

Qi Lu gets rather jealous when other guys get too close to Chu Xia. I believe he already thinks of her as his girlfriend even if they are in a kind of No-Man's Land at the moment. It's plain that they like each other but she's very hesitant to go all the way with him. It's complicated most probably by the fact that they have an "unequal" relationship and now that his ex is back, she's going to lay on the guilt trip to plot and scheme to get back with Qi Lu. Which may work with CX but unlikely with QL because he's definitely moved on.

As I said in a previous post, CX is rather too nice for her own good... for my preferred endgame at least. :wink: She wants QL to resolve things with the ex so that he can have some closure and most likely she does feel sorry for the ex especially now that she pretended that she was trying to overdose to garner sympathy (as QL suspected initially). Now the ex is trying her best/worst to cause trouble between them most likely by making it look like QL is playing them both or making CX feel awkward. It's obvious that QL favours CX but the ex is using their history to her advantage as much as possible.

Then there's the issue of the design competition. It's what caused the separation between QL and the ex and now he's worried it'll do the same between him and CX. The ex brought it up to play on QL's insecurities.

I suppose the kiss is his way of holding her to him. :D

At least her friend, XN is encouraging her to go for it.

3 hours ago, saved2K said:

Good news!!! subbing has improved a lot!!!  They've finished with season 1 and now started subbing season 2.  Hurray!!!

Which site has the completely subbed Season 1? I've seen one site that has subs until Ep16 only. Thanks.

2 hours ago, hinotori93 said:

Which site has the completely subbed Season 1? I've seen one site that has subs until Ep16 only. Thanks.

pm'd you the site coz I think we are not allowed to post the link?.  Thanks

Master Devil, Season 2

Episode 8 Recap

Spoiler

Qi Lu tells Man Kui to stop following him, but she suggests they talk.  He asks about what.  She says that ever since she returned, she’s had the feeling that he’s changed.  He tells her that it’s natural for people to change, and she says, “But it’s not because of me.”  He asks, “Is this all you had to say?”  Man Kui says she knows he’s angry and tells him he can even let his anger out at her, but she’s begging him, can he not ignore her?  Qi Lu tells her that she just up and left without a word, did she ever consider his feelings?  When Man Kuai starts to respond with an excuse, he cuts her off and adds, “That day, I told you.  No matter how late it was, I’d wait for you.  I was like an idiot waiting by myself.  I know everyone else was laughing at me, but I trusted you.  I trusted that you knew what I was most afraid of losing.  But what did you do?”  Man Kuai promises to not repeat her past mistakes and says she’s sorry, but Qi Lu tells her there are some things that once they’ve happened, they’ve happened.  There are no second chances, and then he starts to walk away.  When she grabs at his arm to hold onto him, he just pries her hand away.

Chu Xia is also walking through the woods and so is Xin Wei.  Chu Xia hears a voice calling out, asking if anyone’s there and to come save them.  She asks who’s there and the voice calls out again asking if anyone’s there and to come save them.   She follows the voice into a dark shed and calls out to see if anyone’s there.  She tells whoever’s in the shed that she’s coming in.  Xin Wei watches her walk into the shed and locks the door behind her.  Now it’s Chu Xia’s turn to pound on the door and ask who’s there and call out for someone to open the door.  Xin Wei just smiles and walks away.

Chu Xia’s still locked in the shed and calling out for help when Man Kui walks past Xin Wei.  Xin Wei says to her, “You obviously saw Chu Xia, why aren’t you telling the others?”  Man Kui asks her what she’s talking about and pretends to not understand.  Xin Wei smirks and says the reason why she’s not saying anything is simple: she’s clearly not going to help out someone who’s actually a rival in love.  She asks Man Kuai if it feels good seeing Chu Xia like that.  Then she tells Man Kuai that, really, Chu Xia their mutual enemy.  Therefore, they should team up to work to get Chu Xia kicked out of Si Di Lan and the Han household, and once she’s out of the picture they can fight on even ground for Qi Lu.  When Man Kuai laughs and Xin Wei asks her what she’s laughing about, she says she’s laughing at how Xin Wei is just as stupid as she was before and asks how many times she’s going to use the same moves before she’s satisfied.  Xin Wei ignores the mockery and only wants to know if Man Kuai’s going to work with her or not.  Man Kuai answers that you can only work with someone when their skills are comparable to your own; Xin Wei’s aren’t.  As she turns to walk away, Xin Wei asks if she isn’t afraid that she might tell Qi Lu.  But Man Kuai says, “How An Chu Xia came to be locked up there, your conscience knows better than mine.  If you’re not afraid having to deal with the complications, it’s up to you.”

Back at the barbecue, Chen Chuan is wondering where Chu Xia is.  Xiao Nan tells him she doesn’t know, and he comments that all he did was look away for a second, and she up and disappeared on him.  Both Man Kuai and Qi Lu return separately.  Chen Chuan tries to call Chu Xia but her phone’s turned off.  He tells the other to also try and Xiao Nan wonders if she ran into a bad person.  Qi Lu grabs Chen Chuan by the throat and asks how he could’ve let Chu Xia go off by herself while Chen Chuan asks him if he was doing any better of a job looking after her.  Xiao Nan tells the boys to cut it out because now’s not the time to be fighting, and that they can go back to fighting but only after Chu Xia’s been found.  Man Kuai agrees and suggests that they split up to look for her.  At that, Chen Chuan takes Xiao Nan with him to look for Chu Xia which leaves Qi Lu and Man Kuai together.  As Qi Lu turns to go off on his own, she offers to go with him but he says there’s no need.

Chu Xia is still pounding on the door.  She takes out her phone, but there’s no service and she’s run out of battery.  She wonders if anyone’s even noticed that she’s gone. 

Chen Chuan and Xiao Nan have checked in with the hotel receptionist.  She says they’ve checked the surveillance videos and have been able to determine that the last time Chu Xia was seen on video, she was by the man-made lake.  Chen Chuan asks how it can be that that’s all they can tell them, and the receptionist explains that they’re currently undergoing renovations right now so not all the areas have surveillance videos set up.  He’s angry and asks how this can be, but when Xiao Nan breaks down into tears, he backs off and tends to her.  He asks her why she’s crying and tells her to stop, pointing out that people are looking at them and wondering what he did to her.  He even begs her to stop crying, but Xiao Nan tells him that it’s all her fault.  If she hadn’t gotten mad at Chu Xia earlier, Chu Xia wouldn’t be lost right now.  Chen Chuan wonders what she’s going on with him and says he’s involved too, and she agrees.  She starts to hit him and says it was his fault originally and asks if he knows how to like people.  She keeps hitting him until he bumps into the counter and hurts his injured hand again.  As he yelps that it hurts, in between tears, Xiao Nan tells him she didn’t mean to hurt him.  But then he starts laughing and that’s when she realizes he was just faking it to make her stop crying.  He then suggests they go outside to keep looking.

Chu Xia tells herself that she can’t just keep sitting there.  She has to find a way to get herself out of there.  Outside, Qi Lu is walking.  She yells and kicks at the door and he hears her yelling.  That’s when he discovers the locked shed.  He asks if it’s her inside and she asks if it’s him, Qi Lu.  He asks her how she came to be locked in there.  She says she doesn’t know, as originally she thought there was someone that needed help, so she walked in and then somehow she got locked inside.  He tells her to wait and that he’ll call someone over, but then he discovers his phone doesn’t have any service.  She tells him she tried earlier and it’s probably because this area’s a bit more remote.  He tells her to wait for him and to not be scared, and that he’ll return quickly.

Chen Chuan and Xiao Nan are still searching when Chen Chuan gets a call from Qi Lu.  He tells her they’ll be right over and then explains to Xiao Nan that Qi Lu found Chu Xia locked in a shed.  She’s like, “Really?” and then tells him they’ve got to hurry.  As they head off, they run into Man Kuai who asks what’s going on.  They tell her Chu Xia’s been found and invite her to come along.

Qi Lu returns to Chu Xia at the shed.  They sit back-to-back with the door in between them. 

“Hearing your voice,” he tells her, “you sound really exhausted.”

“Does it?”  After a while, she adds, “This place reminds me of the place I lived in when I was little.  Not the place in Cat Ear Alley, it was even earlier than that.  When I was little, my mom and I moved around often.  The houses were always small and run down.  I’ve even lived in a basement before.  There were times when my mom would work overtime at night, I’d be at home by myself scared.”

“So, later, you became a woman warrior.”

“That’s right.  Because I had to protect her.”

“Earlier, you had that genius notion to kick the door down.  How did you think of such an idea?”

“I had to find a way out.  Or else, if none of you ever realized I was gone, what would I do then?”

“I would.  Furthermore, I would definitely find you.”

“Thank you, Han Qi Lu.  Suddenly, I’m not so scared anymore.  By the way, the stuff from yesterday, that was my fault.  I was being too opinionated.”

“It had nothing to do with you.  I was also at fault.”

“I just didn’t want you to be so pressed down by the past to the point where you became tired.  I wanted to help you.”

“Thank you.”

At that moment, Qi Lu hears the others and tells Chu Xia they’ve arrived.  As one of the hotel workers work to cut the lock off, Chen Chuan tells Chu Xia to not be scared.  Finally the lock is undone, the door opens, and Chu Xia goes running straight into Qi Lu’s arms.  “It’s okay now,” he tells her, “You’re okay.”  She thanks him and then Xiao Nan goes running into her arms, crying that they finally found her and apologizing for having yelled at her earlier.  Xiao Nan comforts her and tells her it’s okay.  They turn to leave and Qi Lu tells them to wait for him, but Chen Chuan holds him back.  “I have something to ask you.  Do you like An Chu Xia?”

“Do I have to answer you?”

“Fine.  Let me tell you, I like Chu Xia, and it’s the serious sort of like.  So no matter what, I won’t let her go to someone else.”

Lao Han announces that Qi Lu and Chu Xia have returned home.  Qi Lu’s mother is happy to see them and asks if they had a good time and if there’s anything they want to share with her.  Chu Xia says with somewhat low spirits that it was okay and that she’s going back to her room.  Qi Lu’s mother asks him what’s wrong with her, and he says nothing much, she was just locked up for an afternoon.  She asks him what that’s supposed to men and he says, “Nothing.  I’m tired.  I’m going to my room.”  She tells Qi Lu  to come back and give her an explanation, but he ignores her.  She then asks Lao Han if she missed anything; he says he’s not sure but he doesn’t think it’s what she’s thinking.  She’s not quite sure what he means by that though. 

Han Yu and Chu Xia meet up at a café.  She asks him when he returned to school, and he says, “Just now.”  She asks if his hand is all healed, and he answers by telling her he could go fight a tiger now.  Chu Xia is happy to hear that.  Han Yu tells her that his grandfather speaks of her often and asks why she hasn’t gone to see him.  She says she’s been so lately that she forgot, and asks him to pass on her apologies.  Han Yu suggests that she tell him so directly.  When she asks what he means by that, he tells her that his grandfather’s planned a feast for the family to celebrate him getting over his injury, except that it’s just him and his grandfather.  His grandfather actually wants to invite her, thinking that it’d be more fun with people.  Chu Xia readily agrees, and Han Yu tells her he’ll pick her up this weekend then. 

Han Yu also meets with Qi Lu at the top of one of the school buildings.  When Qi Lu observes that he’s back, Han Yu tells him that he just finished talking with Chu Xia.  Qi Lu says, “As expected, An Chu Xia is more important after all.”  Han Yu smiles and then says, “I heard Xiao Kuai returned.”  Qi Lu says it’s true and Han Yu asks him how he feels about that. 

“What?  Are you going to try and persuade me too?”

“The three of us grew up together.  When Xiao Kuai left without a word, I’m very familiar with how much that hurt you.  But I’m also very familiar Xiao Kaua’s personality.  She’s not a bad person.  The two of you can’t keep going on without talking to each other, so that’s why I want to know what you’re thinking.”

“Is this important?”

“At the very least, you can prevent some innocent people from getting hurt.  Like Chu Xia.  I hope that you and Xiao Kuai can sort out your relationship.  The way you’re behaving right now just means you’re still affected by her and incapable of forgetting the past.  All you’re doing is torturing yourself instead.” 

“I’ll think it over.”

Man Kui is walking in obvious discomfort.  Just as she doubles over in pain, Qi Lu comes up from behind and catches her.  She asks him what he’s doing there and he just says she doesn’t look well and asks if she’s sick.  She tells him that she’s not sick.  He grabs her by the arm when she would walk away and she asks him, “What are you doing?  He tells her to go with him. 

Qi LU takes Man Kui to see the nurse and asks what’s wrong with her.  The nurse tells him that her body’s function isn’t all that good, but this is only a school infirmary so she can’t give her a full examination and that it’d be better if she made a trip to the hospital.  Man Kuai steps out from behind the curtain in the examining room and says she’s fine.  The nurse says that all the people who come to the infirmary say that.  She then asks Man Kuai for her Si Di Lan health insurance card so she can fill out some paperwork.  Man Kuai tells her that she doesn’t have one still and the nurse is surprised to hear that she hasn’t applied for one yet.  Man Kuai tells her she just returned to the country, and the nurse tells her to follow her so they can get it done.  Qi Lu follows along.

After they leave the infirmary, Man Kuai thanks Qi Lu for today.  He tells her no thanks are necessary.  Man Kuai says she thought that even if she died, he would never forgive her.  Qi Lu tells her not to tempt fate like that, then he looks at his watch and says it’s time for class so he’s leaving first.

Master Devil, Season 2

Episode 9 Recap

Spoiler

At the infirmary, You Tian Teacher tries calling the nurse on her phone.  He hears it ringing next to him on the desk and as he goes over to check it out, ends up knocking over a stack of folders and papers.  He stoops over to pick everything up and as he does so, his eyes catch a piece of paper.  He’s still looking at it when the nurse walks in.  She says she never would’ve thought that he’d have that habit of looking through other people’s things.  She takes the piece of paper back and asks why he’s looking for her.  He ignores her question and asks instead what that application form is supposed to mean.  She asks if this has anything to do with him and he just points out it’s an application form to be a physician for Doctors Without Borders, which means she wants to leave Si Di Lan.  The nurse asks him again why he’s looking for her.  He tells her to answer him (calling her by her real name).  She slaps him and tells him that she’d told him before to never call her name.  When she would walk away, You Tian Teacher grabs her by the arm and pulls her back.  A struggle ensues.  

You Tian Teacher asks her to just listen to what he has to say, but she doesn’t want to.  That’s when he confesses that he likes her.  The nurse asks him what he just said, and he tells her not to apply to Doctors Without Borders.  He then asks her to stay, to stay by his side.  He says, “Maybe I’m nobody, maybe I’m not the ideal partner you imagined in your heart, but please believe me.  I’ll try hard harder and be better.  Actually, these are words I’ve been wanting to say to you for a while, but I’ve been too scared.  I was afraid that if I did, we’d never be able to be friends anymore.  After I went abroad, I thought things through.  No matter who I met, no matter what her requirements she had, I only had you in my heart.  So please, promise me, don’t leave.”  The nurse doesn’t answer right away so You Tian teacher lets go of her hands and starts to walk away.  She calls him back by asking what he meant by all of that.  Didn’t he just say he liked her?  Didn’t he just say he couldn’t not have her?  So how could he give up that easily?  The nurse then tells him that things aren’t that easy.  He asks her what she means by that, and she says "nothing.Then she tells him, “Three months.”  If he doesn’t find a way to satisfy her within the next three months, then she’ll leave immediately.  You Tian Teacher couldn’t be more thrilled and hugs her.  Unfortunately, that’s when Crystal walks in.  She asks him what he’s doing now and then tells You Tian Teacher she never imagined he was this kind of a person.  You Tian Teacher stumbles over his explanation as he tells her it’s not like that, and that he’s been wanting to explain things to her for a while, but she never gave him a chance.  Crystal can’t believe he’s trying to blame her and says her father was right; all men are horrible.  Then she tells him that he’s really disappointed her and runs away.  After she runs off, the nurse tells him to hurry after her and make sure nothing happens to her. 

Crystal runs away crying and runs, literally, into Ma Teacher.  He asks her if she’s okay and, when she doesn’t respond, tells her that he’s trying to talk to her.  Crystal, however, is utterly mesmerized and speechless.  Because she continues to stare back at him, he wonders why You Tian Teacher would let her go around by herself and tells her that he’ll give him a call.  That’s when Crystal finally speaks and says, “Ma Teacher, I think you’re really handsome.” 

Chu Xia is having dinner with Han Yu and his grandfather.  Han Yu keeps feeding her and telling her to eat.  When she puts down her utensils, his grandfather asks if she’s finished eating.  She says yes, and he asks if she’d like some sweets.  Chu Xia says no, but he tells her to not be polite.  If there’s anything she’d like to eat, she should just let him know and he’ll get the kitchen to make it.  She insists she’s full and that she wants for nothing more; he’s been a most thoughtful host. 

Han Yu’s grandfather switches gears a little as he tells her that he’s heard from Han Yu that she’s interest in fashion design.  He tells her that when Han Yu’s grandmother was young, she also really liked fashion design and so he was influenced by her.  He tells her that over the years, he’s collected some sketch designs and asks if she’d like to see them.  Chu Xia readily agrees. 

They walk to the couch to look at his collection.  He tells her that these all came from young designers, and that even though they’re not from any famous names, he likes them.  They’re not like some of those overly fancy stuff you see, these are simple and unadorned.  From their sketches, he can feel their infinite amounts of warmth, vigor, and liveliness.  He shares them with Chu Xia for her to look at, and she says she can also feel it.  Grandfather is pleased to hear it.  He then asks if he can know how she came to be interested in fashion design.  Chu Xia explains that it was through her mother, and that she wants to complete the dream that her mother had. 

As they continue looking at the items in Grandfather’s collection, she picks up a picture and recognizes the woman in it as her mother.  She asks him how he came to have it.  He’s shocked to hear that she’s Shu Ya’s daughter.  Then he says that explains why the first time they met, she felt very familiar to him.  She looks very much like her mother, he tells her, especially in the eyes; they’re practically identical.  Chu Xia smiles at his reaction and asks if he was close to her mother.  He tells her you could say they were friends, but he hasn’t seen her in twenty years.  She asks if he can tell her more.

Qi Lu’s at home when his phone rings; it’s Man Kui.  She tells him there’s an astrophotography event that evening; it’s his favorite astronomer’s work.  She got two tickets and wants to know if he’d like to go with her.  Qi Lu tells her that his favorite astronomer’s never come to China before so how is it possible that he’d be there.  She says that’s true, but she heard his Chinese students specifically invited him over.  It’s going to be a small event and with an opportunity like this that’s so rare, she also had to go through others and work to get the tickets.  She asks him again and he says he understands, he’ll think about it.  She takes his answer as an promise that he’ll go with her and says she’ll wait for him.  Man Kui then immediately starts going through her outfits to pick one out for the event.

Chu Xia is taking her leave after having spent the day with Han Yu and his grandfather.  In her hands is her mother’s picture.  She thanks Grandfather and he tells her that there’s nothing to thank him for; it was always hers anyway.  He then says that it’s late, so she should let Han Yu drive her home.  On another day, he’ll have Han Yu send over the sketches and other materials from his collection.  As Han Yu steers her away, she turns back and asks Grandfather if she can ask him a question.  When he says yes, she asks him if he knows who the man in the picture is. 

Han Yu’s grandfather doesn’t know who he is, but he remembers hearing back then that it sounded like Shu Ya had a boyfriend.  He then recalls that all those sketches were sent over from Hui Yang.  He tells Chu Xia that even though there’s no specific address that goes with them, that should at the very least prove that once upon a time, she lived there for a period of time, wouldn’t she agree?  Chu Xia smiles and says she understands and thanks him again.  Grandfather then tells her that he hopes she’ll persevere in her own dreams and not be like her mother who gave up.  Chu Xia agrees and then finally takes her leave.

In the car, Han Yu tells her that if she wants to cry, she should.  Chu Xia tells him that she finds it hard to believe that all this time she’s been hoping to find information about her father, and in the end, it was right next to her all along.  Han Yu asks if she needs his help, and she says she’ll think about it.  He reminds her that she can come to him any time.  She says she’s really grateful towards him but asks that he keeps today’s events a secret.  He reassures her that will, and Chu Xia takes her leave.  After she gets out of the car, he calls after her and tells her to get some rest and to not think too much.

Jiang Yuan Yuan is excited to see Chu Xia walk through the door and calls her over to play with her since she’s bored, but Chu Xia seems to be in her own world as she ignores everything and just keeps on walking towards her bedroom.  Jiang Yuan Yuan asks Lao Han what’s wrong with her, and he just answers by offering some of his chips.  She tells him not to eat so many snacks.

In her room, Chu Xia cries over the picture of her mother.  She tells her mother that it’s been a long time since she’s seen her mother with such a happy expression on her face.  She adds that she misses her and asks if she’s doing okay in heaven.  Then she wonders aloud who the man in the picture is and makes a promise to herself to figure it out. 

Qi Lu’s getting dressed when Chu Xia knocks on his door.  He asks her why she’s come over and she asks if he’s going out.  He tells her he’s going to an astrophotography exhibit.  She asks if he’s going by himself and he says he’s going with a friend, why?  Chu Xia says it’s nothing and then asks if the astronomer he’s going to see if very famous.  Qi Lu confirms that he is and explains that he’s his favorite astronomer who’s never come to China before until this time.  Chu Xia tells him to have fun and leaves.

Qu Xia packs her bags and as she takes a piece of paper out of her purse to write a note, a ticket falls to the floor.  Leaving the note behind, she heads out and catches a cab. 

Man Kui arrives at the place where the astrophotography exhibit is taking place.  She looks at her tickets and smiles with expectation.

Qi Lu opens a door and calls out to Chu Xia that it’s time to eat.  He notices she’s not there and then sees the note on her desk, “I’m spending the night at Xiao Nan’s, don’t miss me.”  But as he turns to leave, he spots the ticket on the floor.  He picks it up and sees it’s a train ticket. 

In the cab, Chu Xia searches through her belongings and realizes she’s forgotten her train ticket.  She asks the cab driver to turn around. 

Qi Lu is headed out the door just as Chu Xia pulls up in the cab.  He tries to catch her attention, but she just walks past him.  He reaches out to grab her and she asks him, “What do you want?”

“You’re trying to leave home, aren’t you?”

“Huh”

“Answer me.” 

“I…”

“Are you leaving with Jiang Chen Chuan?”

“What are you talking about?  That’s crazy.  I’m going to Hui Yang.  I might have found a clue about my dad.  Crazy.”

Chu Xia tries to walk away again but Qi Lu just grabs on to her again. 

“Now what?!”

“I’ll go with you.  Come on, get in the car.”

Man Kuai’s still waiting at the exhibit; it’s about to start. 

i was on a roll this past weekend.  :tongue:

Master Devil, Season 2

Episode 10 Recap

Spoiler

It’s dark now and as Man Kuai is still waiting for Qi Lu at the exhibit, she gives him a call.  Qi Lu is in the cab with Chu Xia.  He answers his phone and when Man Kuai asks him if he’s almost there, he apologizes and tells her that he probably won’t be able to attend after all.  Man Kuai tells him that no matter how late it gets, she’ll wait for him.  He apologizes again and tells her to go home first.  After they hang up, Man Kuai tosses her things down on the steps and takes a seat herself, doubling over in pain.  Her stomach is obviously still not doing well.  A woman walking past asks her if she’s okay.

Back in the car, Qi Lu turns to Chu Xia and tells her that because they rushed out, she never had dinner.  He asks if they should go fill their stomachs first.  Chu Xia sighs and then says to him, “Qi Lu.  I don’t want to searching anymore.”  When he asks her what she just said, she says, “I’m not going to go searching anymore.  Let’s go home.”  Qi Lu tells the cab driver to stop the car.  Then he says, “Chu Xia, are you scared?” 

“No.  What’s there to be scared of?  I just think it’s not worthwhile to go see a person who’s been missing for 19 years.”

Qi Lu tells her, “You don’t understand your father.  You’re scared he might not remember you.  You’re scared he might not be what you’ve imagined him to be.  But mostly, you’re scared you might not find him.  Isn’t that right?”

“I’m not.  I’m not.”

Qi Lu takes her hand.  “Chu Xia.  You don’t have to be scared.  Because there are some things you have to face.  Furthermore, you have me.”

As Chu Xia smiles in response, Qi Lu’s phone rings again.  This time it’s a nurse calling him.  She tells him she’s calling him from a hospital.  He asks if the cell phone number isn’t Xiang Man Kuai’s.  The nurse explains that Man Kuai had an episode of acute gastritis and fainted on the street.  Someone passing by sent her to the hospital.  The hospital was now calling him because they were able to figure out that he was the last person she contacted, and wanted to know if he would be able to put them in touch with any of her family members.  Qi Lu says he understands and hangs up the phone.

Chu Xia asks Qi Lu what’s going on and he repeats what the nurse just told him.  He tells her that was the hospital calling him just now.  Chu Xia asks how this could have happened and if Man Kuai’s okay.  He says he doesn’t know, but he’ll call Lao Han now and ask him to send someone over to find out.  He then calls out to the cab driver and asks him to start driving again.  Chu Xia asks where they’re going, and Qi Lu answers, “Hui Yang,” in a voice that suggests the answer was an obvious one.  But Chu Xia tells him they should go to the hospital.  When he asks why, she tells him that he knows deep down who Man Kuai most wants to see right now.  Then she tells him not to worry about her.  After all, her stuff is so many years into the past already, it’s not going to make a difference for her to wait a little longer.  Finally, she repeats his words back at him, “Qi Lu.  There are some things, you have to face.  But don’t worry, I’m here for you.” 

Obviously grateful, Qi Lu pats her on the head and promises that he will definitely help her fulfill her wish.  Then he tells the cab driver to take them to the hospital.

Qi Lu and Chu Xia arrive at the hospital to visit Man Kuai.  The nurse tells them that she just woke up but is still weak, so it’d be better if they didn’t visit for too long.  Qi Lu tells her they understand. 

Man Kuai wakes up when she hears them entering her room.  She greets them and starts to get up, but Chu Xia tells her to lie back down and apologizes for waking her up.  Man Kuai says she’s the one who’s sorry as it’s late, but she still called them over.  Chu Xia calls her silly for saying such a thing while Qi Lu asks if she didn’t hear what the nurse warned her about the other day.  He asks why she didn’t go to the hospital for an examination.  She says she forgot. 

Chu Xia asks why she doesn’t see Man Kuai’s parents and Man Kuai answers that they’re not around anymore.  Not understanding what she means by that, Chu Xia asks, “They’re not around?  Did they go out to buy you something?  But…”  Qi Lu tugs on her skirt and she finally gets it.  She apologizes saying she didn’t know, and Man Kuai tells her it’s okay as it happened a long time ago.  She then explains that after they got into a car accident, Yuan Yuan Jie and Liu Ge (Qi Lu’s father) sent her to Si Di Lan.  Thus, when she thinks about it, she actually considers herself pretty luck. 

Qi Lu tells Man Kaui that he already contacted Lao Han a little while ago and arranged for someone to look after her.  He then adds that it’s late, so they’re going to head home first and let her get some rest.  Man Kuai asks if they can’t stay longer and he says no.  He tells Chu Xia it’s time to go, and Chu Xia tells Man Kuai that the doctor told them she just woke up and needs to rest more.  She promises to visit the next day.

As they walk away from the hospital room, Chu Xia asks if Yuan Yuan Jie knows about Man Kuai’s situation.  Qi Lu tells her that he was afraid she’d worry so he told Lao Han not to say anything.  Chu Xia sighs and says she was in such a rush when she left, she didn’t say a word to Yuan Yuan Jie.  As she figures she must be worried by now, she decides to give her a call.  That’s when she realizes she doesn’t have her phone on her.  When Qi Lu asks her what’s wrong, she tells him she accidentally left her phone in the hospital room.  They turn back to get it and he mutters that she must be drunk.

Chu Xia barges into Man Kuai’s room with an apology that she left her phone behind, but that matter is soon forgotten as they walk in on her downing a bunch of pills.  Qi Lu rushes over and asks what she’s doing.  He cuffs her hand as she tells him to give them to her and he tells her to stop causing trouble and stop eating them.  He then asks if she doesn’t want her life anymore.  At this moment, Chu Xia, who’d managed to grab the pill bottle from Man Kuai, says, “Those are just regular Vitamin C tablets.”  Man Kuai tries to shove Qi Lu off again and yells for them to return them to her.  He tells her that she’s crazy.  Man Kuai buries her head in her lap and says she doesn’t want to hurt like this anymore and asks the two of them to leave. 

Chen Chuan calls out to Feng Shao who’s playing an intense game on a phone.  When Chen Chuan won’t stop calling his name, Feng Shao asks him what he wants when he’s trying to play his game.  Chen Chuan wants to know if he thinks Qi Lu is the reason Chu Xia keeps rejecting him.  Feng Shao asks, “Han Qi Lu?”  That’s when Chen Chuan tells him that he thinks Chu Xia genuinely likes Qi Lu, and adds that he’s thought it over carefully.  Feng Shao tells Chen Chuan to not be like this as it’s hard for him to watch.  Chen Chuan tells him it’s okay.  Feng Shao says he can understand how he’s feeling right now because everything he’s going through right now is everything he’s experienced in the past.  Then he says, “How about this?” and tells him that his girlfriend actually has a few younger sisters and they’re all quite pretty.  He asks if Chen Chuan would like him to introduce them to him.  But Chen Chuan tells him he’s being serious and there’s no need.  Feng Shao says he’s not joking around and really means it, and Chen Chuan says he also really means it.  He really likes An Chu Xia.  At that, Feng Shao has nothing to say except, “Serves him right.”  Then he goes back to playing his game.  Chen Chuan flops backwards onto the bed and asks himself, “What do I do?”

Back at the hospital, Man Kuai apologizes for having scared them earlier.  Qi Lu asks her when it started.  Man Kuai says maybe the year she went to France.  He asks her why she did that then.  She answers that living in a foreign country, she was unfamiliar with the place and people and started suffering from insomnia.  Later, she let a doctor write her a prescription for sleep pills.  The first time she took it, she fell asleep so quickly that she started to think it was a really good thing.  Chu Xia then asks her how things could’ve happened like this and Man Kuai continues her explanation.  Eventually, she says, even her doctor wouldn’t write her a prescription anymore.  So she went to the store herself and started buying various health care products.  There was one time she ended up eating an entire bottle.  She had gastrospasms.  After she got sent to the hospital, it was discovered that she had a drug addiction.  Eventually she was able to wean herself off of it little by little. 

Chu Xia asks if the stomach pains from her current incident are related to that medical history, as Qi Lu asks if she’s being like this for him to see.  Chu Xia takes exception to that question, calling out his name as a warning, but he just tells Man Kuai to answer him.  She says she’s not, and it’s just that she’s recently returned to China and is having trouble adjusting.  She then reaches for her wallet and takes out a card.  She says she’s returning it to him, as she’s never had the chance to return it to him earlier.  Qi Lu asks her what she means by this.  She tells him that this is what Yuan Yuan Jie gave her the first year she went abroad; it was for her tuition and living expenses.  But she always said she’d rely only on herself, so she never touched the card.  Qi Lu asks her, without that money, how did she live?  She tells him she had a scholarship and she could work part-time: scrubbing pans, washing dishes, running food deliveries, and washing cars, she’s done it all.  Qi Lu says she really is that Xiang Man Kuai who likes to flaunt her superiority before others.  “Were you really that determined to break away from the Han family?” 

Man Kuai answers yes.  Yes, she does like to flaunt her superiority over others.  She just wanted to prove to herself that even without him, and without the Han family, she could live in an equally impressive style.  She then added that she didn’t want to let others be able to point at him from behind and say that she was a flower vase (i.e., someone who only exists for decorative purposes) or his burden (literal translation is: a widow who remarries and takes her children to her second husband’s home).  Qi Lu tells her she never had to worry about what other people talked about.  But she answers that she still had to convince herself. 

He asks her, “What about now?  Why did you come back now?  She answers, “Because I realized that every minute and every second she was away from Han Qi Lu, Xiang Man Kuai wasn’t Xiang Man Kuai anymore.”  Qi Lu responds by giving her a hug, and Man Kuai apologizes again telling him that she was wrong, really wrong.  Qi Lu just pats her on the back and tells her it’s okay.  She asks him again to forgive her.  Chu Xia, obviously uncomfortable sticking around for this conversation, gets up to leave, while Qi Li tells Man Kuai that, actually, he’s stopped blaming her a long time ago.  Chu Xia leaves.

As Chu Xia walks the hallways of the hospital, Man Kuai’s words come back to her.  “Because I realized that every minute and every second she was away from Han Qi Lu, Xiang Man Kuai wasn’t Xiang Man Kuai anymore.”

Back in the room, Man Kuai asks where Chu Xia went.  Qi Lu takes out his phone and after looking at it says, “Yuan Yuan Jie sent her a text and told her to go home first.  It’s nothing.”  Then he tells her to get some rest and says he’s leaving as well.  When Man Kuai says thank you again, he observes that she used to never say thank you. 

After Qi Lu leaves, we see a flashback of Man Kuai hiding Chu Xia’s phone and then playing with it after they left.  Then, when she heard noises coming her way, she put the phone down on her bedside table and grabbed a bunch of pill bottles to start pretending like she was going to overdose.  The flashback completed, she lies back in bed and thinks to herself, “Sorry, An Chu Xia, but I can’t lose Qi Lu.  I only have him.” 

Back at school, Chu Xia and Xiao Nan stop to read a poster.  It’s advertising a youth design contest that’s about to start.  Xiao Nan’s excited by the opportunity and encourages Chu Xia to apply so that she can finally show everybody her talents.  Furthermore, if she wins this competition, she’ll be able to go to Ke Si Dun [I assume some place out of the country, google suggests: Brixton, England?] and then become a big designer.  Chu Xia just says it’s not that easy as her designs have all been one’s she’s come up with on her own without any formal training.  Xiao Nan’s about to give her more encouragement when Xin Wei arrives telling Chu Xia, “So long as you know it, that’s okay.  This competition is for all those design geniuses to participate in.  It’s not just anybody who can enter it.” 

Chu Xia wonders what her beef is when she knows Xin Wei’s not going to participate in the competition, and Xin Wei has no good response to that.  Xiao Nan adds that whether a product is good or not isn’t up to her anyway.  Wan Zi tries to save her friend by saying that they probably didn’t read the application form clearly enough.  Xin Wei agrees and says they don’t seem to have grasped the situation correctly and entreats them to once again open their eyes and read the poster carefully.  Then she tells them to look at the name of the company sponsoring the competition.

After Xin Wei leaves, they turn back and look at the poster once more.  Xiao Nan gasps and turns to Chu Xia.  “Jiang Shi Ji Tuan.” 

A car pulls up and Man Kui gets out; she’s smiling.  And then we hear a door open on the other side before seeing Qi Lu walking around.  They enter the school together and immediately the gossips start asking, “Isn’t that Han Qi Lu with Xiang Man Kui?” 

“Yes, are they together again?”

“Looks possible.”

“Wow.”

Man Kuai thanks Qi Lu for coming to pick her up at the hospital first thing that morning.  He merely points out that if he hadn’t gone to pick her up, was she going to get discharged from the hospital by herself? 

Man Kuai asks about Chu Xia then, and he says he didn’t call her.  Man Kuai asks if he was afraid she might misunderstand.  And he asks, “Misunderstand what?”  Man Kuai merely looks around and asks, “What do you think our fellow classmates might be saying right now, now that they’ve witnessed us walking together like we used to?”  Qi Lu answers that he’s never cared about what other people gossip about, and continues walking.

Xiao Nan is still grousing about the competition being sponsored by Jiang Shi Ji Tuan and tells Chu Xia to be careful.  Chu Xia just wonders if her family has that much money, why don’t they send her directly to study abroad.  That’s when Xiao Nan the school the winner of the competition would get to study at never accepts students through the back door.  Instead, all students who are accepted to the school are acknowledged to have talent, so it doesn’t matter if they have money.  But Xiao Nan observes that her father is still pretty incredible anyway, using this method to help her. 

Chu Xia says that hearing Xiao Nan’s explanation, it doesn’t sound like there’d be any point by her participating in the competition.  Xiao Nan says that’s not necessarily the case and then says, “Seduce Jiang Chen Chuan.” 

As Chu Xia rolls her eyes and starts to look away, Chen Chuan jumps out from out of nowhere and asks, “Who wants to seduce me?”  Xiao Nan points in her friend’s direction and says, “An Chu Xia.”  Chen Chuan says, “REALLY?”  And Chu Xia has to tell him, “No, no, no, of course not.”  But he just says he gets it.  She’s saying one thing but meaning another.  Then he tells her, “But you don’t have to seduce me, I was yours to begin with.”  Chu Xia slaps his hands away and asks if he can be less wicked.  Chen Chuan just says, “If you want, I can be more wicked.” 

Suddenly, in front of them, a horde of students come their way.  They’re all trying to get a look at something so Chen Chuan asks them what they’re looking at.  It’s Qi Lu walking with Man Kuai.  One of the students comment that they look like a perfect match while Xiao Nan says she thought they weren’t talking to each other anymore, so how . . .?  Her question trails off as Chu Xia simply walks away.  Xiao Nan follows her friend while Chen Chuan stares thoughtfully in Qi Lu’s direction.

Class A is in session when Wan Zi tosses a note to Xin Wei.  It says that Qi Lu and Man Kuai arrived to school together that day.  Xin Wei crumples the note and fumes. 

Also, looks like subs may be catching up soon.  As promised, I'll recap until they do, but once they do . . . well, there will be little point.  :) 

Archived