[Drama 2017] Chicago Typewriter 시카고 타자기

larus

Chicago Typewriter pre-empted this weekend

by girlfriday

chicagotypewriter1.jpg

Aaargh, again? This is not a good week for drama addicts. I’m already having a hard enough time with the pre-emption for Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People, which chose Monday of all days to pull out all the stops, take all my tears, and then leave me hanging with no Tuesday episode. And now tvN has announced that that its Friday-Saturday drama Chicago Typewriter will be skipping a full week, with no new episodes until May 12. Say it ain’t so!

This time the pre-emption isn’t related to election coverage, but holidays during Golden Week, a time when many families travel because of consecutive work and school holidays. tvN announced that Chicago Typewriter won’t air as scheduled this Friday and Saturday, May 5-6, and will instead air a special episode on Saturday that includes new behind-the-scenes footage narrated by Go Kyung-pyo. Episodes 9 and 10 will then air the following weekend, May 12-13

Read more: http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/05/chicago-typewriter-pre-empted-this-weekend/ 

• Like 4

pls take note

https://www.soompi.com/2017/05/02/tvns-chicago-typewriter-changes-broadcast-time/

tvN’s “Chicago Typewriter” Changes Its Broadcast Time

K. Do May 2, 2017

On March (I believe May, since this article release on May)  3, a source from tvN stated, “Friday-Saturday drama ‘Chicago Typewriter’ will air at 8:30 instead of 8:00 starting from the ninth episode until the last 16th episode.”

Due to the multiple holidays in the first week of May, “Chicago Typewriter” will air a special behind-the-scenes episode narrated by Go Kyung Pyo this week. Episodes 9 and 10 will air on May 12 and 13 at 8:30 p.m. KST.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, CatchMine_ID said:

Oh sht. I really didn't expect that...

hahaha... one cannot forget the line he said to Se Joo in his house, "What is your IQ score?" lmao...

Edited by Chellsee
Please do not quote images/gifs. Thanks.
  • Like 3

• larus changed the title to [Current Drama 2017] Chicago Typewriter 시카고 타자기-

@supergal99 why you mentioned only me?!!! #teasemebutbetterlatethannever so embarrassing LOL. His garden is growing, especially on front-side =]]

tumblr_oo1otrX9FI1rsm5xwo4_400.gif

tumblr_oo1otrX9FI1rsm5xwo5_400.gif

source

A few more posts then I will be an 'addicted' one. So true HAHAHAHA

Spoiler

because this week CT 'off', then I think that will be a really right time to watch his another works. Time to catch up; SLA or movies. Lmao

tumblr_oo2xe6cFCe1w1bsr8o3_500.gif

source

I love this scene btw hahahah HSJ x YJO, gold expressions

Spoiler

• Like 4

Oh Nooo....ıs ıt again postponed? :wacko:... ıts very unlucky term for this drama and ofc for us...

last episode ended so good and we will have to wait one more week!..I hope at least they give us a good long preview for ep 9 & 10...-_-

• Like 2

Interesting article here. Want to highlight about the writer and plot.

[!] But, because it is from Yoo Ah-in actor fan base, it maybe biased--prepare for a lot of his caps, gifs heheh. 

THE VARIOUS FINDINGS IN “CHICAGO TYPEWRITER”: THE JOURNEY TO FIND THE SOUL OF WRITING & A WRITER’S CRITICAL SELF-REFLECTION

Posted by Furbabe on May 2, 2017

----------------Critics on Ohmynews [Ohmynews is one of the very few news portals publishing independent reviews on dramas, films or books] made some interesting notes on Chicago Typewriter‘s scriptwriter Jin Soo Wan. Here are the summaries of their opinion:

Writer Jin Soo Wan is digging the psychological activities through a slow building process of the storyline, which stimulates the audience to think. She is excellent at delivering deep messages in a seemingly obvious and childish setting.

Novelist Park Jin Gyu, who wrote award-winning novel “Suspicious Molds” wrote in Ent Media that, “from the perspective of a realistic novelist, Chicago Typewriter underlines the reality of a trapped novelist, a character played by Yoo Ah In. Han Se Joo is a wacky and demanding personality, he is just like a myth of a fabulous artist that people [Koreans] have been craving for a long time– a well-worn, bizarre artist, a character that fits in the framework of the Koreans’ mind.” Han Se Joo told his rival novelist Baek Tae Min, “Instead of spending your time in the hair salon, write like crazy” –this is no different from the writer’s reality.

It is a bit understandable that Jin, as a drama scriptwriter, created a filthy rich author [note: in this case, Han Se Joo started his “empire” from the scratch. He didn’t become rich all of sudden] with idol popularity character, who writes weekly series [novel Chicago Typewriter], just like a ‘drama writer’ does, because it is close to her reality where she has to forget sleeping and spends her time writing 120 minutes of script every week. In the reality of making our drama, where production begins and drama airs before all the scripts completed, drama writers literally write like ‘crazy’. If the speed of the script completion does not match the speed of the drama, the writer is ought to write the ‘side script’ [fragmented script].----------------and more,

read full here.

Spoiler

Now I know, those clothes I'm blabbing about before, like 'that sweater saying out loud Han Se-joo feels' is actually Yoo Ah-in own wardrobe:blink: joke : 'is he becoming seller there?' pwahahahah but I think he just wants to convey the message to more people. If you want to know more read [link] : The various findings in “Chicago Typewriter”: translations on the manuscripts + famous authors quotes resonate with Yoo Ah In

@supergal99 awehahahahahahaha I popped to your head. Though at first I didn't watch this drama because its actors (fully attracted by that unique flipped-desk trailer) but... What a gift this drama has for us, our male leads with unbearable charm, Yoo Ah-in, Go Kyung-pyo:love:

• Like 5

12 hours ago, CatchMine_ID said:

Interesting article here. Want to highlight about the writer and plot.

[!] But, because it is from Yoo Ah-in actor fan base, it maybe biased--prepare for a lot of his caps, gifs heheh. 

THE VARIOUS FINDINGS IN “CHICAGO TYPEWRITER”: THE JOURNEY TO FIND THE SOUL OF WRITING & A WRITER’S CRITICAL SELF-REFLECTION

Posted by Furbabe on May 2, 2017

Novelist Park Jin Gyu, who wrote award-winning novel “Suspicious Molds” wrote in Ent Media that, “from the perspective of a realistic novelist, Chicago Typewriter underlines the reality of a trapped novelist, a character played by Yoo Ah In. Han Se Joo is a wacky and demanding personality, he is just like a myth of a fabulous artist that people [Koreans] have been craving for a long time– a well-worn, bizarre artist, a character that fits in the framework of the Koreans’ mind.” Han Se Joo told his rival novelist Baek Tae Min, “Instead of spending your time in the hair salon, write like crazy” –this is no different from the writer’s reality.

What an interesting reading.  Thanks for the link.  There is so many info that we can refer to.. :D in order to understand the fact and the fiction..

• Like 3

YJO → Seol

Bangjin: Are you married?
YJO: No, I am not taken yet.

YJO has been nursing a crush on Soohyeon since 1930, but I believe that for some reason, he never got to confess his feelings. A glimmer of hope appeared at the pojangmacha when he thought for a second that Seol was looking into his eyes. But it was only a moment of illusion, which would soon be crushed by the cruel reality by the end of ep 8.

Spoiler

33640478823_6861b78429_o.png

For a perceptive guy like him, it’s unfortunate that YJO doesn’t know the power of bickering in kdramaland -- he confidently assumed that Hwiyoung/Sejoo and Soohyeon/Seol would never fall for each other.

Chauffeur: Are you worried that the two boys will fall in love with each other?
Shinyul: No way. I’ll be thankful if they don’t kill each other.

SJ: What if she likes me first during the process? What would you do?
YJO: That’s impossible. If you keep on acting like this, that will never happen.

He took for granted that it would be safe to entrust Seol to SJ. But SJ’s words served a clear warning, “Betrayal hides on the other side of friendship.” As he stood there watching Seol cry in the arms of another man, I wonder if he was reflecting on his own advice to SJ:

YJO: If you’re angry, you can show your anger. If you feel bad, you can make an apology. If there’s a misunderstanding, you can straighten it out. If you did something wrong, you can ask for forgiveness. That’s life. Your heart beats. You can do everything. Can you tell who is human and who is ghost between us two?

Sadly, the opposite is also true: That’s death. Your heart stops beating. You can’t do anything. Because he is a ghost, he cannot do anything for her. There was a palpable sense of regret, helplessness and loneliness.

Spoiler

34290900842_5c6efcc778_o.png

HSJ → Seol

HSJ: When I see you, my heart beats. But I’m not sure whether it’s because of you or it’s because of someone I met a long time ago. I’m confused. Her face overlaps when I see your face. Then, my heart beats. I don’t know which one makes my heart beat. I’m confused.

On the surface, SJ appears to be at the mercy of YJO’s every request, but the real reason why he does all these “childish and crude things” is because he really wanted to. I don’t think YJO has any intention to matchmake SJ and Seol. But YJO unwittingly becomes their cupid by providing the perfect excuses for SJ to get close to Seol.

If we retrace SJ’s actions, we can almost draw a line that connects the dots in his head. Each time, even before YJO voiced his request, SJ already had the intention to find Seol. He just needed a nudge from behind.

34290900902_a984ff93dc_o.png

SJ was so bothered by the fact that Seol and TM were going to meet that he hammered his finger. YJO’s condition gave him an excuse to reiterate his stand to TM, “I told you. I don’t want to lose anything to you anymore.”

33640479393_8aede55ecb_o.png

SJ had been eying that bag since ep 6. That’s why he didn’t buy the design YJO picked. It wasn’t a gift on behalf of “the magical being”, but a gift from SJ himself - which explained was he was hoping for some reaction from her.

34290900972_930c3daf41_o.png

Even though SJ said he wanted to write, he seemed preoccupied and obviously bothered by the fact that Seol had asked TM out for a cup of tea. He didn’t care about YJO’s question. What he really wanted to find out was, “Do you like Taemin in a romantic way?”

The pivotal turning point in this (non-existent) love triangle came at the end of ep 8 when SJ looked for Seol for the first time without YJO telling him to. And he even brought medicine for her - YJO didn’t know she was sick. So, when SJ said, “There aren’t three people here. It’s just us. It’s just me and you,” Seol was thinking of Soohyeon while SJ was also referring to YJO.

• Like 10

4 hours ago, __jesse said:

Hide contents

For a perceptive guy like him, it’s unfortunate that YJO doesn’t know the power of bickering in kdramaland -- he confidently assumed that Hwiyoung/Sejoo and Soohyeon/Seol would never fall for each other.

Chauffeur: Are you worried that the two boys will fall in love with each other?
Shinyul: No way. I’ll be thankful if they don’t kill each other.

SJ: What if she likes me first during the process? What would you do?
YJO: That’s impossible. If you keep on acting like this, that will never happen.

He took for granted that it would be safe to entrust Seol to SJ. But SJ’s words served a clear warning, “Betrayal hides on the other side of friendship.” As he stood there watching Seol cry in the arms of another man, I wonder if he was reflecting on his own advice to SJ:

YJO: If you’re angry, you can show your anger. If you feel bad, you can make an apology. If there’s a misunderstanding, you can straighten it out. If you did something wrong, you can ask for forgiveness. That’s life. Your heart beats. You can do everything. Can you tell who is human and who is ghost between us two?

Sadly, the opposite is also true: That’s death. Your heart stops beating. You can’t do anything. Because he is a ghost, he cannot do anything for her. There was a palpable sense of regret, helplessness and loneliness.

Hide contents

I'd be a bit disappointed if he never actually thought se ju would fall for seol because like what you said, he seems to be a perceptive guy. Even in their past life, they were supposed to be very good friends and when you're very good friends with someone, you'd somehow feel what they feel.

Also, when he was giving se ju an advice, he said he should be with someone he thinks of when he's having a hard time (something to that effect). He should, by that time, be well aware that se ju doesn't really interact with a lot of people, in addition to se ju's confusion with the past and the present (he did say his heart beats when he sees su hyeon/ seol), would lead him to come to seol.

Besides, he is a ghost indeed, so what does he really want to come out of this? Is he really planning to possess someone so he can be with seol? I think he already considered all these, being the perceptive guy that he is.

4 hours ago, __jesse said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

On the surface, SJ appears to be at the mercy of YJO’s every request, but the real reason why he does all these “childish and crude things” is because he really wanted to. I don’t think YJO has any intention to matchmake SJ and Seol. But YJO unwittingly becomes their cupid by providing the perfect excuses for SJ to get close to Seol.

If we retrace SJ’s actions, we can almost draw a line that connects the dots in his head. Each time, even before YJO voiced his request, SJ already had the intention to find Seol. He just needed a nudge from behind.

SJ was so bothered by the fact that Seol and TM were going to meet that he hammered his finger. YJO’s condition gave him an excuse to reiterate his stand to TM, “I told you. I don’t want to lose anything to you anymore.”

SJ had been eying that bag since ep 6. That’s why he didn’t buy the design YJO picked. It wasn’t a gift on behalf of “the magical being”, but a gift from SJ himself - which explained was he was hoping for some reaction from her.

Even though SJ said he wanted to write, he seemed preoccupied and obviously bothered by the fact that Seol had asked TM out for a cup of tea. He didn’t care about YJO’s question. What he really wanted to find out was, “Do you like Taemin in a romantic way?”

The pivotal turning point in this (non-existent) love triangle came at the end of ep 8 when SJ looked for Seol for the first time without YJO telling him to. And he even brought medicine for her - YJO didn’t know she was sick. So, when SJ said, “There aren’t three people here. It’s just us. It’s just me and you,” Seol was thinking of Soohyeon while SJ was also referring to YJO.

The question now is, 'Is jin oh giving se ju a nudge to make his move toward seol unwittingly?' I'm more on the matchmaking side because of what i've mentioned above. I think he knows se ju wants to see her, so he makes requests and becomes the perfect excuse for se ju to do so.

When se ju came to seol to ask her about her type, seol asked what else did he come to see her for. Se ju had to come up with his own answer and when he asked about tae min, jin oh was like, 'Oh, that's what you want to know.' His expression at that time was not anything negative. He seemed quite happy if not a bit proud that se ju was able to voice out his real concern. The last scene from episode 8 was also brought about by a very subtle nudge from jin oh, as i've also mentioned above. 

Still, it can go either way. This now will depend on jin oh's perceptiveness. Personally, I wouldn't want him to be doing this matchmaking unwittingly because he's supposed to be the calm, collected, and witty one. 

• Like 8

@__jesse  like the way you tell your ideas...yeah ıts true SJ actually using JYO for the things that he can't do...helping JYO is actually a excuse to able to be close with Seol... he dont know how to reach her so he is listening JYO's useful ideas and doing it...thats also why I think JYO's real intention is not using SJ to be close with Seol..he just want to make them come together. bc he is hiding smth from past. He was aware of this two and I guess he was one of the reason of that sad ending (I think SH killed not HW) he made lovers breaking up with dead..now he is paying his dept. He is not that naive, he can see that SJ has feelings for her..he was always aware of it..thats why even at past when he was leaving for funeral, he turned back anxiously and thought about smth..that man told us his feelings...he afraid of them falling in love with each other!..bc JYO also loved her but he saw their feelings for each other...and now somehow he is trying to bring them together again even if his heart torn aparts..

but he is doing right thing bc he knows they belong to each other...

even in this little moment we can see JYO and Seol not mean to be together...but SJ and Seol are completing each other.

P0Z5A8.png

9QPV7o.png

X0rBG0.png

• Like 8

4 hours ago, andy78 said:

Thanks to @kentangbakar and @supergal99 for updates ... So Episodes 9 and 10 will air on May 12 and 13 at 8:30 p.m. KST.We have to wait until next week....

Yeap.... have to wait for another week.. again.  So, why should we watch this drama? :D

https://www.soompi.com/2017/05/05/6-reasons-watch-chicago-typewriter/

tumblr_oo3xqmmRRu1revobio1_500.gif

• Like 6

Hi~

watch drama when it's airing is a torture... And pleasure. Lol. Why am I choosing this... Chill friday huhhh @supergal99 T-T

so are you live streaming @Yongzura? :)) btw total agree with reason 'the setting is to die for', mostly 'the theme' hiyah

thank you! @larus hahaha guess few next days gotta change it again:D schedules are shaking(?) *sigh*

gotta bye here, cutting some clips instead... Heheh:sweatingbullets: 

wydyttmtvn.jpg

#whyyoudothistometvN #toolazytosearchanothermeme #onlyCTwakenmyappetitelately

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, CatchMine_ID said:

Hi~

watch drama when it's airing is a torture... And pleasure. Lol. Why am I choosing this... Chill friday huhhh @supergal99 T-T

so are you live streaming @Yongzura? :)) btw total agree with reason 'the setting is to die for', mostly 'the theme' hiyah

thank you! @larus hahaha guess few next days gotta change it again:D schedules are shaking(?) *sigh*

gotta bye here, cutting some clips instead... Heheh:sweatingbullets: 

I am :D .  Have to find something else to do (that is related to this drama)

• Like 2