[Drama 2017] Mystery Queen 추리의 여왕

larus

1 hour ago, sava2sava said:

@dhakra  This could also be another reason why the in-laws are against her working in the law enforcement enviroment fearing she'll investigate her parents death

Well I think she would do that anyway, even if she doesn't work there. She already has her hidden base, which is another interesting point I have to say. I don't know if her in-laws are aware of her abilites and passion. It seems like both, she and her husband live a double-life, where I think his is more dubious. Really don't know what I should think of him, I really want to know more, don't they know I'm nosy as hell?-_- I hate it when I don't know things.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, sava2sava said:

@docster6  I also think she will end up divorced and by her being out at all times of night with men dropping her off it's going to be on the grounds of having and affair.. When it's going to be him thats having and affair and ptobably living with another woman in the city.. Notice his offie is pretty far from the family home.. She's there to do her job as the wife while he's living with the wife he wants to really be married to but she's not going to wait on his family hand and foot..

I was also thinking officer Hong had a onesided crush on his noona..  I'm just egar to see whats more to be revealed about this so called husband.

@dhakra  She said both her parents are dead. I was wondering if hubby family might be involved in her parents death.  

The more I watch, the more I like him, Chief Hong. I really like every time he is with his teacher, he always smiles, nice teeth and seems happy to work with her.  His bang reminds me of Joo Won in 7 Grade.

@dhakra@sava2sava We have here two detectives too!!!leaf Interesting idea, however I doubt that the husband might be involved in their death. Yet, I have the impression that the husband used her to become a prosecutor. Like you, I've got the impression that he is leading a double life. He might act as if he was not married at the office and had just a girlfriend. So the husband might use these incidents (lying, being dropped by men) as a sign, she is having an affair so that he can file for a divorce. Right now, he doesn't need her any longer. But the moment he tries to blame her with the affair and files for a divorce, Hong and HWS will defend her so that the situation is turned around: he was the one having an affair and she can ask for a huge amount of money as compensation. Her friend is against a divorce because she lost everything: she didn't get the custody of the child. 

12 hours ago, dhakra said:

Huh, interesting point. Seems like I already forgot this. Could be a lead to something. 

I too never thought of that thanks @sava2sava for your perception. I myself was wondering how the hell SO put her SIL thought school when she doesn't have a job. Even her friend makes more money combined than her own husband????? Isn't that peculiar Chingu's @dhakra?????

Another thing I found strange is the amour of research and books she has acquired through the years. smh smh .... How could she have afforded all that on her husband salary alone and take care of the whole family.  

3 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@dhakra@sava2sava We have here two detectives too!!!leaf Interesting idea, however I doubt that the husband might be involved in their death. Yet, I have the impression that the husband used her to become a prosecutor. Like you, I've got the impression that he is leading a double life. He might act as if he was not married at the office and had just a girlfriend. So the husband might use these incidents (lying, being dropped by men) as a sign, she is having an affair so that he can file for a divorce. Right now, he doesn't need her any longer. But the moment he tries to blame her with the affair and files for a divorce, Hong and HWS will defend her so that the situation is turned around: he was the one having an affair and she can ask for a huge amount of money as compensation. Her friend is against a divorce because she lost everything: she didn't get the custody of the child. 

But I don't know how he 'used" her to become a procecutor, you mean due to her knowledge about crime and law things? 

I don't understand why he pretends being single or just has a girlfriend, it doesn't have any drawbacks. Even if he lives a double life, it seems that our ahjumma is well aware of this fact. She doesn't seem to dislike her marriage or situation in life. She even tries to master her current life with her in-laws as best as possible. I don't even know if he would blame her with an affair, because right now it doesn't seem like it would be something relevant. It's like their marriage is just a deal and as long as they are married and she keeps the beautiful picture of their marriage alive to the public, everything is fine. 

This whole thing doesn't make sense yet. I want to know more!

2 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I too never thought of that thanks @sava2sava for your perception. I myself was wondering how the hell SO put her SIL thought school when she doesn't have a job. Even her friend makes more money combined than her own husband????? Isn't that peculiar Chingu's @dhakra?????

Another thing I found strange is the amour of research and books she has acquired through the years. smh smh .... How could she have afforded all that on her husband salary alone and take care of the whole family.  

Well I think the amount of books we're gathered by her little by little. I think her husband/family has money, so this shouldn't be a problem. 

I feel the low self-esteem (no college degree and can't even cook well) of YSO will take a major turn in the next few episodes and she might even become a national figure. (1) WS is really starting to like her. He respects her brain, having a double doctorate in Criminology and Psychology. The most enjoyable scene was when he watched her quietly talking to the grandfather in the interrogation room. WS' recap of her questions and how he thought they were spot on; her evidence of the shoes; WS was totally fascinated by her approach. (2) JW will start having a jealous fit when WS starts to leave for SO time after time. JW was already furious about something and that was why she ignore Jang's call from the prison many times. JW was using Jang to get WS demoted so she could get what she wanted, but when WS said she is not bride material. She was quite PO. (3) Some of you noticed WS will have to wear a nice suit from the preview of Episode 5. I bet SO might end up in that high-end occasion to make JW even more PO. (4) SO's husband has been ignoring her for a long time, for crying out loud, they don't even have a baby. SO's best friend's son is already as tall as his dad (teenager, probably?). He will have a lot of setbacks because of SO's work with the police. WS' partner and sunbae have already noticed a slight change in WS, they will all turn against SO's husband to protect SO. I think SO will become very important soon, she might be saving someone important from being abducted.

I can see an attraction between the leads slowly building  despite the lack of any romance plot  in official material. That dance in the teaser was definitely coupley.  It is probably over early to tell but  I.believe no hugely or sappy romantic scenes will happen... It's Not a Rom Com. But it's going to be little  cute or sweet things like him getting the tofu or her noticing how handsome he is and of course the jealousy of the lawyer and possibly eventually toward Hong from WS concerning SO. But then again I was certain there was going to be some romance in Chief Kim  so i am probably  wrong :)

The husband has appeared... :D

tumblr_onuefquefy1sdd1ivo10_r3_540.png

I recognised the actor better now. He was in  MBC drama Two Weeks. He was somehow familiar seeing his profile picture but could not tell where I saw him. :lol:

13 hours ago, docster6 said:

WS is really starting to like her. He respects her brain, having a double doctorate in Criminology and Psychology. The most enjoyable scene was when he watched her quietly talking to the grandfather in the interrogation room. WS' recap of her questions and how he thought they were spot on; her evidence of the shoes; WS was totally fascinated by her approach.

I agree. Despite his harsh words and bad attitude, he realized she was right with all the details of the case. She has a different approach and she is very observant, has many knowleage and her deduction is on point. When she lied that she has a degree in Criminology and Psychology he believed her. :) He might not know it yet but he likes being partner with her. When she finally appeared at the police station (he was dissapointed that it was the lawyer friend instead or Seol Ok) his expresion told us that he was happy to see her. I agree that the strong relationship between the leads are slowly growing.

My favorite scene for me was when Seol Ok and her freind Kyung Mi were drinking. I like how both have some soul scars but they rely on each other. It was obvious that Seol ok is regretting that she did not followed her passion. Kyung Mi is telling her not to divorce (because of her own experience) but for Seol ok is a total different situation. She doesn`t have children and if her family (husband and mother in law) does not understand her I can see Seok ok deciding to divorce without regret. 

Seol Ok`s yellow tracksuit was nice. I liked it.

4 hours ago, larus said:

The husband has appeared... :D

I recognised the actor better now. He was in  MBC drama Two Weeks. He was somehow familiar seeing his profile picture but could not tell where I saw him. :lol:

I agree. Despite his harsh words and bad attitude, he realized she was right with all the details of the case. She has a different approach and she is very observant, has many knowleage and her deduction is on point. When she lied that she has a degree in Criminology and Psychology he believed her. :) He might not know it yet but he likes being partner with her. When she finally appeared at the police station (he was dissapointed that it was the lawyer friend instead or Seol Ok) his expresion told us that he was happy to see her. I agree that the strong relationship between the leads are slowly growing.

My favorite scene for me was when Seol Ok and her freind Kyung Mi were drinking. I like how both have some soul scars but they rely on each other. It was obvious that Seol ok is regretting that she did not followed her passion. Kyung Mi is telling her not to divorce (because of her own experience) but for Seol ok is a total different situation. She doesn`t have children and if her family (husband and mother in law) does not understand her I can see Seok ok deciding to divorce without regret. 

Seol Ok`s yellow tracksuit was nice. I liked it.

The actor who plays YS's husband once joined CKH's "My Sweet Seoul" in 2009.  He played CKH's close friend's boyfriend.  Why Kyung Mi has been insisting YS not to divorce must have something lying beneath rather than her own experiences.

I am desperate to read something in this forum, it is such an interesting drama. In the other Romantic Comedy forums in which I participated, there would be over 20 pages to read for a kiss or a hug. But I think it is unfair because there were plenty of skinship for our OTP already in the first 4 episodes. (1) WS carried SO with tears in his eyes when he thought she was stabbed by Jang. (2) WS grabbed SO by her jacket collar to make her reveal her conclusions from the evidences, SO said. "tofu." WS later bought tofu to her surprise. (3) SO blew into WS' face to see if her drunken breath has been reduced enough for her to go home. If WS were not so rough, our OTP is really a cute couple. Chief Kim made us believe this drama will also not have any romance, but I am certain there will be. For sure, the second lead girl already proposed to our male lead for marriage. There must be some OTP romance to counteract that advance. WS told JW ever since they were young he never viewed her as a woman (JW is actually pretty). That is really funny to hear when I live in a Western country, but it is a very accurate statement for Korean drama characters. The only time SO's best friend saw WS was when she was drunk and SO's phone has his name as "Idiot." After she checks WS out when she is sober and when WS is better dressed, she will encourage SO to get divorced, Just watch.

8 minutes ago, docster6 said:

I am desperate to read something in this forum, it is such an interesting drama. In the other Romantic Comedy forums in which I participated, there would be over 20 pages to read for a kiss or a hug. But I think it is unfair because there were plenty of skinship for our OTP already in the first 4 episodes. (1) WS carried SO with tears in his eyes when he thought she was stabbed by Jang. (2) WS grabbed SO by her jacket collar to make her reveal her conclusions from the evidences, SO said. "tofu." WS later bought tofu to her surprise. (3) SO blew into WS' face to see if her drunken breath has been reduced enough for her to go home. If WS were not so rough, our OTP is really a cute couple. Chief Kim made us believe this drama will also not have any romance, but I am certain there will be. For sure, the second lead girl already proposed to our male lead for marriage. There must be some OTP romance to counteract that advance. WS told JW ever since they were young he never viewed her as a woman (JW is actually pretty). That is really funny to hear when I live in a Western country, but it is a very accurate statement for Korean drama characters. The only time SO's best friend saw WS was when she was drunk and SO's phone has his name as "Idiot." After she checks WS out when she is sober and when WS is better dressed, she will encourage SO to get divorced, Just watch.

Yes, that could be true. Moreover, YSO has nothing to lose with a divorce since she has no child. On the other hand, the husband could use the excuse of an affair so that she doesn't get any alimony. Yet I have the impression that her husband's family will never accept a divorce, since YSO is taking care of his family so well: she cooks, she washes the clothes and bedsheets aso so that neither the sister nor the mother have to do the housechores.

Hi everyone.

I've began watching this series this weekend.

So far i've been liking the show but i would like them to ton down some of SeolOk's antics. especially the last scene of ep 04 (interrogation scene).

So far the husband's character hasn't been developed much (does he even come home or does he live somewhere else).

I am suspecting he's having an affair (with jung jiWon ? her having no probs with an open marriage and the call from the unknown person end ep 04).

Can't wait for her to get divorced and begin taking care of herself (away from the selfish family). 

They need to tone down WS first in my opinion. Talk about bull in a China shop and he is more physically aggressive  with her  right now than is  necessary.

Yes Her husband lives with them but might as well not for all the time he spends there.

2 hours ago, docster6 said:

I am desperate to read something in this forum, it is such an interesting drama. In the other Romantic Comedy forums in which I participated, there would be over 20 pages to read for a kiss or a hug. But I think it is unfair because there were plenty of skinship for our OTP already in the first 4 episodes. (1) WS carried SO with tears in his eyes when he thought she was stabbed by Jang. (2) WS grabbed SO by her jacket collar to make her reveal her conclusions from the evidences, SO said. "tofu." WS later bought tofu to her surprise. (3) SO blew into WS' face to see if her drunken breath has been reduced enough for her to go home. If WS were not so rough, our OTP is really a cute couple. Chief Kim made us believe this drama will also not have any romance, but I am certain there will be. For sure, the second lead girl already proposed to our male lead for marriage. There must be some OTP romance to counteract that advance. WS told JW ever since they were young he never viewed her as a woman (JW is actually pretty).

There are definitely cute moments between our lead characters and maybe there will be other moments too. But it won`t be more romantic moments because Seol Ok is married. Is possible for our heroine to divorce quickly? Maybe. If Seol Ok will divorce in this drama she will do it because her husband or her family will oppose vehemently her passion. She won`t accept that. I really want to see our heroine capable to protect her dream, to fight for what she wants. I am curious when we see that (in early episodes?) If Seol Ok and Detective Ha will start to like each other more romantically we`ll see. I believe there will be a subtle attraction between these characters and I like how evolved their dynamic so far. I would enjoy it even if they will remain two detective solving the case, just a platonic  friendship. There are glimpses of clues in the drama that they will be more than two professional partners but maybe the drama will just tease the audience. Either way, I am perfectly fine with it.  :)

Think it will be an open ending with  a Promise of something more in the future like him giving her flowers when she officially becomes an officer or maybe him even asking her out  on an official date awkwardly but cutely.  

I am a guy and that is why I love it when the male lead is very considerate toward the female lead, like doing whatever it takes to make her happy. Obviously that hasn't happened yet because our guy is a thug and he even looks like one for now. But that dancing teaser shows that he could be way too cool and handsome; the actor, at least. But remember, in all the dramas I have watched, the female lead has to suffer a lot in the early episodes so her later success will be more sweet. Right now SO is going through that early challenge. I actually do not expect marriage at the end because WS is a chaebol and his family would not accept a once divorced bride. But that factor would make WS' effort to be with her even more noble and enticing for us as viewers. Who knows, they might have to move to the United Kingdom to repeat the history of the great Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson.

Archived