• Writer: Kim A-Jung
  • Network: MBC
  • Episodes: 3
  • Release Date: March 9 - March 23, 2017
  • Runtime: Thursdays 23:00

Cast

Cre: asianwiki

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

I LOVE THIS DRAMA EVEN I WATCH THIS WEBDRAMA EVERY NIGHT :D 

until now, the appearance of Mi Joo already shook Nan Hee off and she would bring another chaos again. 
i think the guy who always beside Nan Hee and often buys her a triangle kimbap likes her :D 

and for Park Se Gun, gosh, he needs to realise beauty is not the key to have a happiness

but based on korea high standard for beauty, well, it's the truth :|

I finally watched the 4 episodes last night and my heart hurts to Mo Nan Hee and Byun Tae Hyun.

I don't know why she still keeps on deceiving Park Se Geun when in the end she'll end up getting hurt.

As for Byun Tae Hyun, it'll be the classic 2nd male lead who didn't get the girl. As of episode 4, I just wished that MO Nan Hee can see how much he cares about her. He deserves her more.

I think at some point Park Se Geun can sympathize with the true Mo Nan Hee. He has a soft spot for her but now that the truth has been revealed, what will happen?

The drama is really good. It's just a shame the it's too short. I don't mind the 30 minutes length per episode though. I prefer it like this than the original 1 hour drama.

I'm looking forward to watch the last 2 episodes. I wonder when will it be released? 

On 3/23/2017 at 10:15 PM, stroppyse said:

I guess very few people here are watching this mini-drama since there aren't many comments here? Anyway, the thing that I don't understand is why Kim Seul Gi is supposed to be this really ugly girl? She's perhaps not classically beautiful by Korean standards, but she's also nowhere near ugly! She's a petite attractive girl with cute looks, and a lot of aegyo that makes her even more lovable. Kim So Hee is a pretty girl, taller and more willowy than Kim Seul Gi, but this whole drama didn't make that much sense to me because I never really saw KSG as being ugly, so I couldn't buy into it when the people around her were telling her that she was ugly. I could probably understand it better if it's just a matter of KSG's character's lack of self-confidence, since no matter how pretty or ugly one may be, one always has issues with self confidence, but this was her friends and peers telling her that she wasn't pretty, and not pretty enough to date an attractive guy like Ahn Hyo Seop's character. 

If I suspend the irritation and confusion over KSG playing an "ugly" girl, it's a cute drama. However, it probably would have made more sense to me if the title role had actually been an ugly girl rather than a cute girl with messy hair and rumpled clothing. NH's mother and father were a better example of a couple who dealt with their respective beauty/lack of beauty than NH and SG.

Still, the ending message that one didn't have to be pretty to be loved, but that one being loved comes to be seen as pretty is a nice message. And, KSG and AHS really do make a cute couple together. 

That's what I was wondering as well but I guess since they said she looks like her mom, they're saying that she's ugly. And you know Korean standards, they like pretty face. It all depends on ones preferences really.

I find her so adorable that I can't really see her as ugly. She's so pretty at the fashion show. It's like the dress was really made for her.

Anyways, I like drama. It is short but cute with a good message:

You don't need to be pretty to be loved.

I love Kim Seul Gi and Ahn Hyo Seop. While watching the last episode, I can't help but wish that they would be together again in a regular rom-com. 3 episodes are not enough to show how perfect they are together. They're both adorable.

Ahn Hyo Seop resembles some actors that I know of. I can see Kim Young Kwang in him and during the fashion show I though he was Lee Jong Suk! Oh I've gone crazy. I think I was too invested in their characters that I fell in love. Too bad it's already over.

• 1 month later...

I have just finished watching and totally fall in love with Queen of the Ring.

Initially it was because of Kim Seul-gi that I was drawn to this mini drama. Really love this little cute girl since Splash Splash Love. As for Ahn Hyo Seop, I'm really cannot recognise he is the guy in Splash Splash Love. Think is hairstyle problem...haha

Back to the drama. I was being entertain from even the very beginning. Where Nan Hee said smiles does not require much energy. She was such a cutie. And her conversation with her parents was also hilarious. Esp when her mum decided to pass the ring to her.

Mum: Mu Nan Hee. My pretty daughter.

Nan Hee: You have another daughter?

Mum: Now, is time to inherit a special thing to you.

Nan Hee: I do not wish to inherit anymore thing from you.

Mum: There is a secret for our family woman that been passed along for generation.

Nan Hee: Don't tell me it was genetic disease?

I really laughed so hard and feel so entertaining. Of course there is heart wrenching part too but luckily not dragging too long.

Im really not good in typing and expressing how much I love this mini drama, This couple have been in my mind all day especially after watching their couple dance promise  if the web hit viewer with 10m. Never knew Seul-gi and Hyo Seop was such a great dancer. The ending where Hyo Seop hand out his hand and pull Seul-gi to him to head+hug ....awwwwww..........:wub:

Their first meet. me wooh when Park Se gun just go shirtless :heart:

71464064gy1feugaokn4cj20qo0xutda_zpsyq65

Between the final kiss is so sweet. Love the concept that even after wearing the ring, is was still the 100% original Mu Nan Hee in Park Se Gun eyes. (Been repeating the final kiss ~~~ shy shy)

• 1 month later...

I'm really really happy that I chance upon this miniseries while I was browsing thru IG. :heart:

Firstly, I agree with the comments here that KSG is not ugly. She may not be considered as pretty in Korea standard but she is not UGLY. Putting look aside she’s talented! I love her in several dramas be it supporting roles or cameo, the recent one being Lookout (The guardian). At first I can’t recognized it’s her she always look different (in a good way of course).
AYS is good looking! (Is it just me or what? Certain angle of AYS looks alil like Kim Jae Won + Nam Joo Hyuk!)

Ok so for this miniseries. Yes the storyline might be alil cliché or even bored for some viewers & definitely the drama did not wrapped up nicely. (PSG issues with his mum was not resolved).
Considering the length of the drama this will have to do.  :tongue:
Still this totally works for me because the message they’re trying to put across is strong & well related to us human.  
It really touches both my mind and heart that we all are pretty in our own ways. It’s deep.
True that who doesn’t like beautiful stuff & people? But it doesn’t mean the rest don’t deserve to be loved.

In this series I did not suffer any second lead syndrome.  
Byun Tae Hyun, well he is sweet & always stayed by her side despite the crush he had for her which takes him 15 years to realize his feeling for Mo Nan Hee only when PSG showed immerse interest in her.
(Moreover he only confessed to her after he tried on the ring on Ma Duek Chan and is sure that MNH was his dream girl) I can’t stand that he constantly said that she’s ugly,too! <_<

Whereas for Park Se Gun yes he's only interested in her from the start because she is pretty Kang Mi joo, his ideal girl. 
but the difference between the two KMJ makes him realized that he did indeed falls for MNH personality.
It’s funny to see him being petty over MNH & BTH interactions, while brain washing himself that he like the real KMJ.
Their date was awkward with her turning down his ideas and all he can say to her was that she's pretty.

Glad that it turns out to be MNH mum and dad was faking that dad’s love for mum was because of the ring!
It would have felt really wrong if mom were to accept willingly that his affection towards her was all because he sees her as his own dream girl.

The ending scene with MNH asking to wear the ring one last time so she can look pretty in front of PSG.
She’s still lacking of self-confidence but this issue can’t be fixed overnight.
One needs a lot of reassurance to step out from the shell and being called ugly for most of her life definitely had a huge impact on her life. She’s learning to love herself more.
She doesn’t know that her face remains the same to PSG because he is in love with her.
When you’re really in love with someone they’re the best in your eyes.

Looking forward to the day they will take the lead role in near future! 

Archived