Dareka no negai ga Kanau Koro (Utada Hikaru)

Guest Sakura-x

Guest Sakura-x
English fanlyric version
lol, I was just trying to see if I could sing any of Hikki's more recent songs. <___< errrrr...well, at least I TRIED. =P This isn't the japanese version though --it's an english version with fanlyrics written by me. I hope you like it, lol --well the lyrics, if not the singing. Gahhhh, lol I still have so much room for improvement so hit me with all you've got. All comments/critique is MUCH appreciated. ^____^ Soundclick it!

Nice job singing this :lol: Some of the notes sounded forced, though. Maybe more air support?

However... I didn't really like the lyrics. While they were nice, the scheme of it didn't fit with the cadences of the song. I wish that there was a more regular flow to the lyrics and a better choice of diction so that it fit just right with the music. If I was a regular listener, it'd sound fine, but I'm a music (piano performance) major (at 16! my midterm's soon) and an English buff... I notice little things like this. It would be hard to meet my expectations, though... maybe I should try writing fanlyrics, too... It's difficult especially since Japanese has a different flow and cadence to it than English. English is all rough and jagged...

Anyways, before I go off subject, great job with the singing~~!! :wub: Pertiful voice....

I really like your lyrics. You did a beautiful job translating/writing them.

I think it's the way you pronounced them that makes it sound unnatural and uneasy. I think the way you pronounced your vowels is what made it that way. It's a very difficult song, you were in tune most of the time, there were maybe a few notes missed. You have a very gorgeous voice, just a little bit nasally. :P I wouldn't even dare to attempt this song, haha so good job! :D

Guest fantasiimaker

It's hard to write lyrics in a language different from the original ^^ It often changes the feel, which makes it even more difficult. You did a pretty good job singing this~ the chorus felt a little off at times, but I think only Hikki can pull it off sounding perfect <_< (and I've seen a perf where she sounded weird in the chorus too XD) Nicely done!

Guest Sakura-x

I really like the lyrics. I think you went a little off in the chorus. Well I don't know much about music stuff so don't count on my critique. You did a good job.

Thank you for you comments ^___^ But, yes...the chorus was a little :blink::lol:

imo its a hard song to control but u did really well with it!

Thank you!

Nice job singing this :lol: Some of the notes sounded forced, though. Maybe more air support?

However... I didn't really like the lyrics. While they were nice, the scheme of it didn't fit with the cadences of the song. I wish that there was a more regular flow to the lyrics and a better choice of diction so that it fit just right with the music. If I was a regular listener, it'd sound fine, but I'm a music (piano performance) major (at 16! my midterm's soon) and an English buff... I notice little things like this. It would be hard to meet my expectations, though... maybe I should try writing fanlyrics, too... It's difficult especially since Japanese has a different flow and cadence to it than English. English is all rough and jagged...

Anyways, before I go off subject, great job with the singing~~!! :wub: Pertiful voice....

wow, a piano performance major eh? :o Impressive!

Um, yeh...I dont really like how the lyrics dont flow. Fanlyrics are different to write --mainly because it's hard to write proper lyrics and still maintain a semblance to the original. An english buff myself...I can safely say that if I didnt like the original so much...I'd shoot myself for writing lyrics like this. :lol:

Thank you for your critique!!! ^___^ I'm glad you took the time to point out so much.

I really like your lyrics. You did a beautiful job translating/writing them.

I think it's the way you pronounced them that makes it sound unnatural and uneasy. I think the way you pronounced your vowels is what made it that way. It's a very difficult song, you were in tune most of the time, there were maybe a few notes missed. You have a very gorgeous voice, just a little bit nasally. :P I wouldn't even dare to attempt this song, haha so good job! :D

lol, wow, two completely different opinions on the lyrics. My pronunciation of the vowels might have something to do with my accent? Australian...or...well, *shrugs* lol, I have no idea. But I'll work on it! Thanks for pointing it out!

It's hard to write lyrics in a language different from the original ^^ It often changes the feel, which makes it even more difficult. You did a pretty good job singing this~ the chorus felt a little off at times, but I think only Hikki can pull it off sounding perfect <_< (and I've seen a perf where she sounded weird in the chorus too XD) Nicely done!

The chorus...eck...I know I'm going to have to re-do this song once I feel more comfortable with the high notes. But yeh, few can rival Hikki when it comes to singing her songs.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived