Yang Se Jong ✿ 양세종 ✿ 梁世宗

mademoisellesia

[News] 2017.11.28 Yang Se Jong: Melo Master? It's all Seo Hyun Jin's Ability.

0WOIjju.png

Rough Translation: mademoisellesia

Interesting Tidbits:

When asked who does he want to receive Best Couple Award with at the end of the year.

Yang Se Jong answered if he receives one, he would like to receive it with Hyun Soo.

This is such a stupid question. →_→

Due to his performance in Temperature of Love with Seo Hyun Jin, he is given the title "Roco Jang-In" (Master of Romance Comedy).

It's all thanks to Hyun Jin noona. It's all 100% her ability. I didn't practise in advance, I went straight there to rehearse on the set and immediately start filming. Because of this, it's all Hyun Jin's noona's capability.

"I am not a "melo jang-in" (romance expert). I only focus on the script. It was all created by Hyun Jin noona." He went on to praise Hyun Jin being a beautiful person — in and out, and the type that's beauty comes from within and not hypocritical type. He expresses his gratitude towards Seo Hyun Jin, "It's all thanks to sunbae's talent".

Source: 스포츠투데이 (Sports Today) Link 1 | Link 2 |

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, mademoisellesia said:

[News] 2017.11.28 Yang Se Jong: Melo Master? It's all Seo Hyun Jin's Ability.

Rough Translation: mademoisellesia

-- Omitted Kim Jae Wook: same other article --

When asked who does he want to receive Best Couple Award with at the end of the year?

Yang Se Jong answered if he receives one, he would like to receive it with Hyun Soo.

This is such a stupid question. →_→

Hide contents

Due to their performances in Temperature of Love, they were praised to be "Roco Jang-In" (Romance Comedy Masters).

It's all thanks to Hyun Jin noona. It's all 100% her ability. I didn't practise in advance, I went straight there to rehearse on the set and immediately start filming. Because of this, it's all Hyun Jin's noona's capability.

"I am not a "melo master". I only focus on the script. It was all created by Hyun Jin noona." He went on to praise Hyun Jin being a beautiful person — in and out, and the type that's beauty comes from within and not hypocritical type. He expresses his gratitude towards Seo Hyun Jin, "It's all thanks to sunbae's talent".

Source: 스포츠투데이 (Sports Today) Link 1 | Link 2 |

just wondering, if HJ Light doesn't translate this, I can take this trans and share on HJ thread in Soompi as well as twitter? (with credit of course) so only in this article he calls her noona? but at least there is some different question as compared to others.

hahaha agree with you on the best couple award question..lmao he has only one rom-com drama btw for now..who else can he receive it with?:lol:

• LOL 4

15 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

[Instagram] 2017.11.28 Wefie with another reporter

The reporter's heart is fluttered by Se Jong, lol! She also says Se Jong likes to eat meat and he barely touch his beverage. Reporter-nim, Se Jong likes wine...give him wine, he'll touch it :D

===========================================

@angel2013 Yes you may. But just so you know I need confirmation for this part: '사랑의 온도' 양세종 인터뷰가 진행됐다. 극 중 양세종은 무엇보다도 사랑이 우선이라고 믿는 인물이자 셰프 온정선으로 분해 서현진과 섬세한 멜로 연기를 펼치며 '로코 장인'이라는 찬사를 받았다. Maybe you could ask pointree for me, please? Yup, only this article it's noona. I listened to it too to triple check. :D

Well, I suppose he could say his co-star in Saimdang. They were cute but the romance isn't as strong as TOL, LOL, that's why I think it's a silly question.

Big Thanks! Okay! will double check..but the link you gave is deadlink?:blink: I can't seem to access that article, how did you get to it?

• LOL 1

[News] 2017.11.29 Yang Se Jong: I am careful in dating / a relationship (연애)

7pFtVyh.png

Non-literal Translation: mademoisellesia

Interesting tidbits:

What is the difference between On Jung Sun from Temperature of Love to Yang Se Jong?

Yang Se Jong explains that the way they approach is different. When Jung Sun decided on 'that person', he would ask to date straight away. Se Jong says if he felt something, he'd continue to see that person, have tea and chat with her more. After meeting for awhile and when he has the confident then he'd ask "Let's see each other". "I am careful", he says.

Are you dating now?

"I am not dating now. I can't date when I am working on a drama. Who would be understanding? (laugh)" Yang Se Jong then explains he felt sorry to only be in contact with parents, close friends and company's staff after 3 months later. He says he wants to be able to separate his character and him. So he will try hard to do that in the future.

You have surely gained more fans after Temperature of Love. As you shot one project after another, did you feel the change in popularity?

From the beginning of 'Duel' to 'Temperature of Love', I didn't rest and almost stayed in my own personal space for 6-7 months. This time after 'Temperature of Love' ended that day, I rested for 4 days (then how can you still look so tired!?). (I) didn't seem to have such feeling. In this 4 days, what I felt is I still wear what I wore normally, in comfortable sportswear and my beard was growing out. When I went out some people recognised me and requested for a picture. But I didn't want to take a picture looking like that. If anyone misunderstood this part of me, I hope it can be clarified through the news reports.

There is only a month left for the year 2017, we look forward to 'Temperature of Love' in the year end SBS Drama Awards, especially Yang Se Jong who only debuted for a year and has already become the main lead. Are you looking forward to winning an award?

I've no ambition for awards. Completely none. My grandmother often says if a person only did something with a purpose, then you can't really be proud of it. If you help someone and expected something in return, then it's better not to help that person. I've kept these words in my heart, so I never thought of winning an award.

Spoiler

2ws0hVD.png
g2jOpU0.png
qfsLPQJ.png

Source: Sports Donga

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

[News] 2017.11.28 Yang Se Jong talks about two of his sunbae — Jung Jae Young and Seo Hyun Jin

wpR3lWY.png

Translation: mademoisellasia

Heading towards the second year of his debut, Yang Se Jong who made an impression with the audiences in Temperature of Love, talks about his sunbae in this interview: Realising the importance of sincerity (literal: real/true heart) from Jung Jae Young, and Seo Hyun Jin, who transforms a character into her own self in a performance.

-- Omit content describing the Temperature of Love's plot --

Yang Se Jong is a man filled with warmth, like the name of his character, Oh Jung Sun, who envelopes his lover with warmth and tenderness, he receives love from vast audiences. For modern people's life filled with superficial relationships, it awakens everyone to apprehend/appreciate the scale and value of love. 

Having completed 'Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim' earlier this year where he was still a rookie, he's risen up to become a romance drama's male lead in less than a year's time. His maturity shown, particularly in Temperature of Love, had made others look at him in a different light. In between, he also participated in pre-produced drama 'Saimdang, Light's Diary' and cable drama, 'Duel'. Yang Se Jong said, "It doesn't matter how much the screen time or weight of each character is, the amount of time I spent on each project is the same." His outstanding performance resulted the nickname, Monster Newbie, which he declined and acted modest against this title. He said, "I met a lot of good seniors while filming 'Duel', while I watched them act, I seem to have grown too."

Yang Se Jong said, "After meeting Jung Jae Young sunbae-nim, my vision on acting changed. I am very grateful of sunbae. Very very." He emphasizes again. "Jung Jae Young sunbae-nim also gave me an advice: 'it'll be alright if you give a sincere performance'. At first glance, it appears to be something anyone could easily say, but the person who gave the suggestion and the one who hears it, the feeling and mood are completely different. When sunbae-nim gave me this earnest advice, I also felt his sincerity." The Yang Se Jong at that time was deeply moved, "The fact is, that's the most important thing — the communication between people, the time when they converse, whether this person is sincere towards me, and should I in return be honest with them?" 

C3mNvzv.jpg

Yang Se Jong said, "Of course before 'Duel' I also acted wholeheartedly, but Jung Jae Young sunbae-nim's advice became a turning point, and made me think acting sincerely is especially important". Upon hearing the types of praises regarding his acting, he was quick to deny and said, "I am not very satisfied with my previous works, I should say I'd still be unsatisfied before I die, because there is no answer to this." "Because no one is god. No one is perfect. It's the same for the characters and they all have deficiencies, so I am doubtful if I've presented it perfectly. I am not perfect enough, so I will not be content with herein.

In Temperature of Love, Yang Se Jong collaborated with many senior actors, and this also widen his field of visions, all because of Seo Hyun Jin. From these two projects: 'Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim' to 'Temperature of Love', Yang Se Jong smiles and said, "Although we did not meet up in private, but I think I've gotten close with Seo Hyun Jin sunbae."

For this drama, Yang Se Jong said it didn't evoke his own actual emotional experience. It was all led by Seo Hyun Jin. "Seo Hyun Jin sunbae has this power, like a born talent she possessed, that allows others to completely immerse himself onto this one person. Not just anyone can do this. It's not something you can work hard and achieve, it's an ability one's born with. Although everyone has their own gift, but Seo Hyun Jin sunbae's talent is really rare, I think you can almost say no one's comparable."

Source: TV Daily via Korea Star Daily

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

[News] 2017.11.28 Yang Se Jong Reveals Unique Process of Immersing Himself into His Characters

by K.Lew via Soompi

On November 27, Yang Se Jong held an interview after the conclusion of “Degree of Love,” where he expressed his thoughts on his character and the things he does to prepare for his roles.

The actor revealed, “Whenever I get a new role, I rent out a studio room, one that’s good for me to practice my acting. Because my family is at home and it’s comfortable, I’ve found that I can’t seem to practice my acting. So I rent a studio room and even arrange the furniture to fit my character. For instance, [for this drama] I only had a bed, speakers, candles, and a full-length mirror. I needed to keep it clean, so I didn’t even make food in the studio.”

When asked if he did anything additional to prepare for his role, Yang Se Jong replied, “I use a cologne that matches my character [whenever I get a new role]. For [this drama] I used a scent called ‘Narciso Rodriguez for Him Noir.’ I thought the fragrance was similar to my character.”

On his character, Yang Se Jong explained, “I think my character and I are similar in the way we focus. It’s not intentional; I’ve always been the type of person who focuses on his work. When I start a new project, I only use my cell phone for alarms, so I am often sorry towards my family and friends. Once I tried to change that and returned back to Yang Se Jong after filming, but the next day I couldn’t focus during the shoot.”

Yang Se Jong also revealed some of his other habits, such as his love for going on walks. He stated, “The way I heal is by wearing my most comfortable clothes, putting in my earphones, and just walking without setting a time or a destination. Even if filming ends late into the night, I make sure I walk for at least 10 minutes before going back home.”

Source: Nate News (1)

• Like 3

@mademoisellesia bec of all the interviews that's coming up for SJ, I'm checking this thread for your trans haha.. good job and you even did a long one! I did that part on HJ only also using the chinese trans. I haven't check with pointree regarding the earlier one which you did on SJ mentioning about giving 100% credit to HJ yet. So you are busily happy?:lol: I'm on standby mode haha

@Jusyed caught you here! pls visit SHJ thread too ok...she may not be your no 1 now but still your bias right hahaha, we also have lots of goodies there...(runs and hides from Lady M)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

[Instagram] 2017.11.30 Yang Se Jong Appearing in Others' IG

Spoiler

@angel2013 I am hoping Soompi can now take over my homework so I can just copy & paste, all I need to do is make it nice-nice on this thread (OCD kicking in). :D You don't have to check with pointree now; I got that part sorted. :) All is good. Yeah I did the long one because I liked the part for Duel and it's a bit different to the others.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

[News] 2017.11.29 Yang Se Jong: I don't believe in love at first sight. I prefer meeting each other for a longer time

5B5qYXg.png

Translation: mademoisellesia

Tidbit / News extract:

Yang Se Jong and his character, On Jung Sun in Temperature of Love has completely different dating style.

In the drama, On Jung Sun fell in love with Lee Hyun Soo (Seo Hyun Jin) at first sight, and immediately asked her out. With such an abrupt proposal, his straightforward and initiative dating style flutters many women's hearts. However when Yang Se Jong was asked, "Would you also ask the girl out straight away if you have a love at first sight?" His answer is completely different from Jung Sun's concept of love. "Actually I don't really believe in love at first sight that sort of feeling because I belong to the type that requires more time to meet, learn about her while conversing with her. I think in the drama, Jung Sun actually don't believe in fate. Like his narration, "In order not to lose to timing, we can only continue to love — if he had succumbed to fate, he wouldn't have said such lines, so Jung Sun himself doesn't believe in fate and made the choice to continue to love."

He was then asked who he would choose if he met and is liked by two women who one is like Hyun Soo and the other is Hong Ah. He said, "Of course it would be Hyun Soo in reality."

"If it is real life, it should still be Hyun Soo. If in reality there's really such a person it'd be the best." — this is because Se Jong thinks a character like Hyun Soo is rare, that she is even thankful of things that she doesn't need to be thankful of. And she is capable of overcoming her own problems. "If there is such character, I'd rush to her immediately" (laughs)

Source: Chicnews via 愛情的溫度 Temperature of Love FB

ufGYBnG.png

Translation: mademoisellesia

Tidbit / News extract:

There are times I have these sort of thoughts: "I've been working endlessly." "Who am I?" "What am I doing right now?"

"After completing a project, I often had the thought of leaving behind everything."

Although he is the only child, but the moment he becomes invested in work, he can't stay in contact with his parents for months. He said, "I'm of the personality that normally like to aegyo my parents, but at the moment I don't really know the way to separate the "me from work" and "the me from daily life", but I'm also trying hard.

He added, "I won't escape but rather I will challenge. Having the thought that I may die the next day, I'll run even harder. At the end of the year, I want to travel either with my closest friends or alone on a journey of "looking back on the past (to re-evaluate myself)". Furthermore, I want to do the following to my heart's content: go on a walk that I usually like, enjoy a movie and taste wines.

Source: Yonhap News via 五月艾爾 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

11 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

@angel2013 I am hoping Soompi can now take over my homework so I can just copy & paste, all I need to do is make it nice-nice on this thread (OCD kicking in). :D You don't have to check with pointree now; I got that part sorted. :) All is good. Yeah I did the long one because I liked the part for Duel and it's a bit different to the others.

I think you would be much faster than them in bringing the trans and news! Oh he looks much better here in those IG pics than in the video where he still looks visibly tired. You are doing a great job *gives a pat on the back* see there are more people reading and liking your posts! 

Me goes back to waiting patiently for ninja HJ to appear again...:mellow:

Was just wondering how come your youtube video is still avail..seems the original one has been removed?:o goodsoup your channel?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, angel2013 said:

@mademoisellesia bec of all the interviews that's coming up for SJ, I'm checking this thread for your trans haha.. good job and you even did a long one! I did that part on HJ only also using the chinese trans. I haven't check with pointree regarding the earlier one which you did on SJ mentioning about giving 100% credit to HJ yet. So you are busily happy?:lol: I'm on standby mode haha

@Jusyed caught you here! pls visit SHJ thread too ok...she may not be your no 1 now but still your bias right hahaha, we also have lots of goodies there...(runs and hides from Lady M)

@mademoisellesia kumawo for your hardwork....congratulations.... now we knows more of the  other side of Se Jong rather than Jung Sun, hopefully he will remain like he always do but at the same time more success in his way. 

@angel2013 actually I did lurking in Hyunjinies thread since OHYA and also during TOL but never wrote anything....I will make sure I will do that afterwards. Hyun Jin is like the other twin of Se Jong to me. I am excited every time I heard any new drama that she has been casted in..ever since from OHYA. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1