Yang Se Jong ✿ 양세종 ✿ 梁世宗

mademoisellesia

Hello @mademoisellesia 

Could you please correct the Vietnam Fanpage of Yang Se Jong cause the page you linked does not work anymore. They haven't updated anything for a long time. This is his page in Vietnam now: https://www.facebook.com/YSJVN/  (Fb) 

Insta: https://www.instagram.com/yangsejong.vnfp/

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo2CpqomOT2HcEEtnDaGxVA?view_as=subscriber

Twitter: https://twitter.com/DecB_Team

https://twitter.com/yangsejongtrans

They also translate his interviews into English too: https://www.facebook.com/pg/YSJVN/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1864314890485993 . You guy can read more abt him here. 

• Thanks 3

[News] 2017.11.22 Yang Se Jong's Wrap Up Thoughts on Temperature of Love

KtLJH6R.jpg

Translation: Mademoisellesia

Through agency Good People Entertainment, Yang Se Jong who starred in SBS Mon-Tue drama, Temperature of Love, expresses his reluctance to part with his character, On Jeong Seon. "From the fiery late autumn to the cold whistling wind of winter; I've spent two seasons with On Jeong Seon. Up till now, it didn't feel real the fact that the drama has reached its end. There is a sense of emptiness that tomorrow I've to go to work at Good Soup".

He then added, "Thank you to all who gave 'On Jeong Seon' and 'OnSoo couple' the love and support every single moment. I am greatly excited and happy. I am very honoured to be able to film such a good project with the writer, director, and many remarkable senior and junior actors, as well as reliable staff members. This memory will be in my heart for a very long time."

Yang Se Jong also revealed his love for this project. He said, "I will not forget the time I spent with "On Jeong Seon". Even though it was short, but to me, it felt like I've taken a big step. I hope during these times, the audiences are healed from On Jeong Seon's warmth".

Lastly, Yang Se Jong once again expressed his gratitude towards the audiences that sympathize with On Jeong Seon's pleasure, anger, sorrow and happiness; therefore, it has been blissful being On Jeong Seon during this period. Sincere thanks to all those who spent time together with "Temperature of Love" and he shall appear before the screen again with better acting.

A romance genre that is completely different to his previous project, Yang Se Jong's exquisite but solid performance moved audiences infinitely.

source: Dispatch

• Like 4

@mademoisellesia thank you for creating this page..I will visit this thread from time to time..... my first visit to the actor soompi page (well the first was Eric Mun but not anymore lol!)

"From the fiery late autumn to the cold whistling wind of winter; I've spent two seasons with On Jeong Seon. Up till now, it didn't feel real the fact that the drama has reached its end. There is a sense of emptiness that tomorrow I've to go to work at Good Soup".

I feel the emptiness already for not be able to watch On Jung Sun and Onsoo couple anymore......

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

5 minutes ago, Jusyed said:

@mademoisellesia thank you for creating this page..I will visit this thread from time to time..... my first visit to the actor soompi page (well the first was Eric Mun but not anymore lol!)

... and I'll try to be diligent in updating. Hahaha!

Edit: It's okay, we'll see them again in a new drama!!

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

... and I'll try to be diligent in updating. Hahaha!

Edit: It's okay, we'll see them again in a new drama!!

Yeayy I am happy now knowing that it is you who will be leading this page....

I know you will be diligent in an updating Se Jong news.

Will do backtrack reading.....

• Like 2

[News] 2017.11.27 Yang Se Jong as the new model for Leaders Cosmetic

9w8VUgP.jpg

Yang Se Jong, who starred in Temperature of Love received a lot of interest; particularly his transparent and flawless skin have received a lot of attention from netizens.

Leaders Cosmetic expresses that as a rookie, Yang Se Jong received the title 'Monster Newcomer' because he doesn't act like a rookie in various projects such as Temperature of Love, Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim and Duel. He had shown continuous growth in many aspects.

Yang Se Jong is selected by Leaders Cosmetic as the new brand model, and will begin various promotional activities with Lee Seung Gi.

Source: Link 1 | Link 2

P.S. Please take all media reports with a grain of salt as South Korean media do like to exaggerate in their news reports. For someone like me who plays with photoshop (on him), Se Jong does have fairly good skin, but it definitely is not flawless. He has scars and pimples occasionally too. peace-sign-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949006

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

[News] 2017.11.27 Temperature of Love's Yang Se Jong: Seo Hyun Jin's both Personality & Appearance are Beautiful

QhQJshf.jpg

Translation: mademoisellesia

On Nov 27, Yang Se Jong accepted an interview at a café located at Gangnam after completing SBS drama, Temperature of Love. Reuniting with co-star Seo Hyun Jin 8 months after completing Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim, Yang Se Jong praised: "(I'm) really happy." He continues, "Her personality is really good and acting is the best. The atmosphere on the set was also really good and because of it, I could focus completely. She really is someone with beautiful personality and appearance." 

Source: Link 1 | Link 2

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

[News] 2017.11.27 Yang Se Jong Shares Post Temperature of Love Thoughts

ItETPTk.jpg

Summary Extracts:

♣ The script was very good. It's like a story about people's everyday life; it was nice. It also felt nice that there are no irritating characters and the temperature and personality varies and are 3-dimensional.

♠ It seems to have passed by quickly than I thought. I was immersed in it (the drama), there was no regrets. Because I continuously shot 2 dramas, I wanted to go back being Yang Se Jong completely and tried not to think about work after the drama ended that day. I want to return to my daily routine; the things I can't eat before I wanted to eat more (he has gained 2.5 kg in 4 days). During shooting, I have to manage my diet, but I drank 2-3 bottles of red wine on the day the filming ended. I don't know if I've come out of the character yet. I am originally someone who likes to be alone, but I went out to meet a lot of people (so that he would get out of his character). No matter what topic it is, I tried to talk about it. After the end of shooting, in truth, I should sleep for one whole day; as soon as I open my eyes, I went out and had a cup of coffee, met up and chat with friends who were free. My only hobby is to wear comfortable clothes with earphones on, and stroll aimlessly on an empty street at dawn.

Spoiler

Yang Se Jong's On Jeong Seon has a unique personality. The tone used is also special. The profession as a chef is also unique.

I'm the type that is faithful to the script. Rather than approaching the character externally, I'm inclined to keep reading the script. No matter where or when, I keep reading it. Before shooting, no matter the location, I'd bring the script along and keep reading. I use this approach to get closer to my character. I don't deliberately research on the tone of speech, because I think the innate character is more important. I also learnt to cook. When there's time, I would learn from cooking consultant, Jang Jin Mo. I now know how to cook steak and seafood fried rice etc. I can't take on this role if I don't do this. Although I can't do everything, but in the areas that I can't cover, I'd like to try my best. I haven't cooked after the drama ended. I drank wine with people I like and I have no idea how many bottles I've drank.

-- Omitted the part of Seo Hyun Jin as it is the same as above post--

On Jeong Seon is a character who has trauma and did not receive proper love from his parents. He always wear a warm smile, but hides his trauma and heart; he doesn't rely on Lee Hyun Soo, so the scene when he wave his fist expressing his emotion made a profound impression.

Everyone has trauma, isn't it? Hae Gyung (Jeong Seon's father) is also the same. Dad knows he shouldn't be like this, but when he faces mum he couldn't help but hit her. I'm the same. When I go filming, I'll brain wash myself to be On Jeong Seon and I don't try to change back to Yang Se Jong. Back in the days, even though I return to my daily life, I'd still be thinking about the character and it was difficult as I tried to live as Yang Se Jong. When I return to set the next day, my acting isn't very good, so I decided to live as the character in daily life. In preparation of this drama, I deliberately listen to many lively music. I think On Jeong Seon wants to have a blue heart* but in truth he is not that kind of child, so he purposely & forcefully place a blue bike signifying he is a kid that wants to have a blue inner heart. This type of person doesn't like to easily show himself. Although Yang Se Jong is this type of person, but most people that have either internal defects or deficiencies, and will willingly show themselves are very little. Jeong Seon is this kind of child.

What's the most memorable line for Temperature of Love?

I'm very satisfied with the ending. I'm the type that's very focus on the script. The words that Yang Se Jong will always remember is "order of priority". "There's a saying that there is an order of priority in life" — this phrase keeps being in my mind. To me, my order of priority is my mother. Even if it is the mother from the drama, I will also love her because she is the person who gave birth to me, and because in the drama she has many pains so I will spend more time taking care of her. I am originally an impulsive type, but whenever I think of this phrase, I became more controlled. It feels like it would give me a sense of calmness.

*Not sure what it meant but found this from Google: A blue heart can symbolize a deep and stable love. Trust, harmony, peace and loyalty.

Source: CHOSUN (1) with help from 好看的小哥腫麼辣莫多

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

[News] 2017.11.27 Does Temperature of Love's Star Yang Se Jong Cooks in Real Life?

By Kenneth Chaw

South Korean actor Yang Se-jong is heating things up in the current hit K-drama Temperature Of Love. In the show, Yang plays French chef On Jung-seon who owns a Michelin-starred restaurant called Good Soup.

“I started to take lessons before I started shooting. And even now I’m still taking lessons,” Yang shares about preparing for the role in an interview transcript provided by One HD. “Usually I don’t cook that often but I do like to make food. My best dish is medium rare steak and tuna kimchi stew.”

Good Soup also happens to be On’s online username at a forum where he meets aspiring writer Lee Hyun-soo, played by Seo Hyun-jin. This marks Yang’s second time working with Seo after last year’s Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim.

“I am very happy and honoured to work with her again. She is a wonderful actor who has a mysterious ability to draw people to her … I like every scene I filmed with her. When I act with her, I really get immersed in the scene,” Yang says.

Asked to name a dish that best describes his personality, Yang responds: “For this question, I asked my friend about what food could express me best. He told me that tomato spaghetti comes to mind. He says that my passion is similar to (the dish’s) colour, red.”

Source: Star2.com

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

[News] 2017.11.27 Yang Se Jong Shares His Thoughts on Love & The Type of Perfumes He uses to immerse in his characters.

hF2d9Cd.png

Summary Extracts:

Yang Se Jong shares that during filming he will move into a work studio instead of practising at home. He has no computer at home. What era are you living in, Se Jong-ah? There are 4 candles and a full body mirror, that's all the furniture he needs, and uses the perfume that's suitable for his character.

Each & every character uses different type of perfume and the reporter wonders what type of perfume he used for On Jung Sun.

If I can't find a perfume that's suitable for the character then I would not use it, but for On Jung Sun, I use 'Narcisco Rodriguez bleu noir'. I use it because I think it fitted with the character's image/personality. For Duel, I did not use any because it was difficult to interchange between 3 characters and remove the fragrance. In Saimdang, only when I play Han Sang Hyun, I use CK One. As for Romantic Doctor, I use Yvet Saint Laurent.

Source: Chic News via 五月艾爾

------

Yang Se Jong expresses his views on love and friendship: In Temperature of Love, viewers were fanatic with the bromance between Jung Sun and Jung Woo. However as the plot develops, Lee Hyun Soo got in between their friendship and cause a rift, and that disappointed the viewers.

Regardless of the drama, if something unhappy happened between me and people close to me or my girlfriend of the sort, it will be hard facing each other. If this happens in reality, I'm the type that likes to communicate and will ask for a face to face meeting and talk it out between us 3 . I will not avoid and will unconditionally communicate when problem arises with others. If I must choose between love and friendship, then it should be love. I think love is mighty. Even though I don't really understand love yet, and the view on love changes as I aged, but majority of movies and dramas focuses on the theme of love. This shows that love must be mighty.

What type of actor is Kim Jae Wook?

Jae Wook hyung is very gentleman; he is good to me and also takes very good care of me. He's meticulous and no matter he's acting or not on the set, he makes people feel comfortable.

Source: CHOSUN (2) & 好看的小哥腫麼辣莫多

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

[News] 2017.11.27 Yang Se Jong: Monster Newbie? Totally not, who gave me this nickname? It's burdensome.

a3dtM3M.jpg

♥ I have two close friends in real life. It feels very fake if I only express myself once, so normally for anything I would express it bluntly. We often talk about if one of us change then that person will receive slaps from the other two; it's a spell to remind us not to change. If there is anything unreasonable, it must be pointed out. (I) hope everyone would talk without cover up or add MSG. But because we all have affections for one another, if ever we hit where it hurts, we would talk about it openly. We did this 1-2 times before, and because we couldn't meet again for the next 6 months. I firmly believe people should be straightfoward. No matter who it is, we should be frank. I can endure the situation when it comes to unreasonable circumstances, but I don't know when I'm dying, so I won't do it.

Spoiler

At the press conference of Temperature of Love, Seo Hyun Jin has mentioned the writer said people would want to fall in love after the project ends. Yang Se Jong shares the same sentiment.

I wanted to fall in love before the end of this project. It's a thankful project. There's this part of me that wanted to be awaken is now woken bit by bit; it's a project that tells me what I originally do not know in terms of communication between people and ways of expression. It's a work that I'm very grateful of. I've learnt to express in regard to love and interpersonal relationship. Care, understanding, communication and love etc. are things in life that are very beautiful. It's woken up many parts of me that I don't know of, and the parts that I do know but was in slumber.

His thoughts on being called "Monster Newbie"

Absolultey not. It's not like that. I never think like that. I just did my best on the things I'm given. My life motto is 'do a goob job of what's in front of me'. Everytime I have a drama on, I'd rent a place and cut off all external contacts. I feel apologetic to my mother and friends that I don't really answer my phone and it's hard to get hold of me. The phone is set to silent and is only use as alarm. It's "what the best I can do". I am also still in the process of understanding myself.

Note: In another version of news report, he's even asked the reporter to clarify he's never think of himself as Monster Newbie. LOL! He really hates being called that hee-hee-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301948998

However, there is a reason why Yang Se Jong is nicknamed "Monster Newbie". From his debut drama 'Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim" to "Saimdang" and "Duel", his stable performance garnered acclaimation from fans. It's because of this, he received the chance to headline in Temperature of Love in less than a year of debut.

I've never once had such thought. I will not think such things like 'how I've done it within a year'. My personality is the type that can only focus on one thing and won't overthink on what's going on in the outside world. Although I get a lot of thoughts when I listen to music early in the morning, but it's a feeling of wanting to fill something up, so I wander aimlessly. I feel happy during this hour every time. It's healing for me and my hobby. This time I've listened to a lot of Gregory Porter's music. It has a very calm and bright feeling. When I can't wake up, I'd listen to electric guitar. Wouldn't you need to wake up first in order to switch on the music, dear? Or your manager switch it on to wake you up? *puzzle. :D

In truth, "Temperature of Love" and "Duel" are works that have huge differences in temperature. In "Duel", you have done a shuddering performances of 1 portraying 2 characters. On the other hand, "Temperature of Love" is a traditional love acting performance. Even so, Yang Se Jong's very well-interpreted sweet and beautiful love scenes have received good reviews.

I developed an interest because it's very different to "Duel". According to different genres, there will be different types of fun and happy stuff. I think no matter how dark the character is but it will has its own colour depending on the theme. No matter it's a villain or for a darkness effect, I think one has to love the character's true self. It doesn't matter it's "Duel" or "Temperature of Love", I think they are interesting and blissful. Otherwise I won't be able to act. I can't not love the characters I play. As a lead, nothing's changed. There's only the thought of doing my best. When I was in school, the professor told us to be responsible for our actions towards the audiences. (My) personality is the type that dislike taking different approach towards different people. Therefore, whether or not it's a main lead or supporting role, it's the same for any works. I will equally love it and do the best. I have no desire to win an award. My grandmother once told me, do not do anything with a purpose. When helping someone, help them as if it's my own. It's a given that when one lives, we inevitably develop greed or purpose, but I want to remain vigilant. I don't want to miss such things. There seems to be many good people around me.

What are your thoughts on Yang Se Jong, Woo Do Hwan and Jang Ki Yong who have received lots of attention and been considered the "Super Newbies"?

When I started acting, I was in pursuit of certain sense of excitement. The school put an end to this thought and woke me up. Everyone practises very hard. Even though everyone's practice is each to their own, I think it'll create hurt if one only acts because of competition. I don't think we should act in order to beat someone. I think it's more important to completely immerse in the script and work hard on thinking how to deliver it. Rivalry of the sort, I believe, is made up by people.

What do you think your strength is? What is the future plan after this?

I don't know what my strength is yet. I have a path that I want to walk. I believe in always remain true. Whether it is acting or real life, I want to genuinely and truthfully do it with a sincere heart.

I don't know what's the next project. I want to be able to do well in what's in front of me.

--------

Between love and friendship, what will Yang Se Jong choose?

I think love is above friendship. Maybe as I grow older my thought will change, and the view on love will also change, but for now, I still think love is above friendship."

Source: Star News | NEWSEN | CHOSUN (3) (4) via 五月艾爾撲咚韓娛 & 好看的小哥腫麼辣莫多

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

[News] 2017.11.27 Yang Se Jong attends VIP movie premiere 'Night of Memory'

6HZmik4.jpg

On Nov 27 evening, Yang Se Jong and friend/colleague Kim Geon Woo (Fight for My Way) attended VIP movie premiere 'Night of Memory' (English title: Forgotten). The movie stars Kang Ha Neul (Midnight Runners), Kim Moo Yul (Bad Guys 2) and Na Young Hee (Legend of the Blue Sea). It appears he's there to support director, Jang Hang Jun.

P.S. Dear lord, how did he gain 2.5 kg in 4 days and it's showing in these pictures! I can't believe I've to PS these photos to make it more presentable thanks to the horrendous bright flash lights. sweata_thumb.gif

Spoiler

ibsqzAV.jpg
0dJQqV3.jpg
EuOqBb4.jpg
x36pK7t.jpg

Source: Star Daily News

Spoiler

[Fan Video] Yang Se Jong getting a fright from the screams

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Popped in to check what you've update Lady M!

Wow 2.5kg in 4 days???:blink: how did he manage to do that? (lol can't believe you have to PS his photos hahaha) and first time I know a guy who likes perfume so much! a different perfume for each role, what a unique way to immerse himself(he should totally get a CF for perfume next just saying). So HMH at least achieve her goal of making him want to fall in love?:lol: wonder if HJ is also having the same thoughts if not HMH only succeeds 50% if she cannot convince HJ:tongue:...sigh...need to wait for her interview. No computer at home? haha how come he sounds like JS who has no handphone? The part about the blue heart ..have me confused:blink: But he seems close to his mum (as compared to JS in the drama :))

It's the first time he attends a VIP premiere right? Oh he knows the director?

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

10 hours ago, angel2013 said:

Popped in to check what you've update Lady M!

Wow 2.5kg in 4 days???:blink: how did he manage to do that? (lol can't believe you have to PS his photos hahaha) and first time I know a guy who likes perfume so much! a different perfume for each role, what a unique way to immerse himself(he should totally get a CF for perfume next just saying). So HMH at least achieve her goal of making him want to fall in love?:lol: wonder if HJ is also having the same thoughts if not HMH only succeeds 50% if she cannot convince HJ:tongue:...sigh...need to wait for her interview. No computer at home? haha how come he sounds like JS who has no handphone? The part about the blue heart ..have me confused:blink: But he seems close to his mum (as compared to JS in the drama :))

It's the first time he attends a VIP premiere right? Oh he knows the director?

I've OCD! The flash lights expose the different skin colour between the stars' face & neck and it's hideous. If I were to do it, and can do it, I'm fixing it! All other ugly ones I refuse to post, lol. Ikr, what the hell did he pig on to gain 2.5 kg??? Luckily they have professional PT to help them lose it later. Shake my head.

Yeah, he's the first I know that likes perfume and uses it to his advantage in acting. It's a refreshing way, but he also does brainwashing to help himself (according to Duel). He seems to go to the extreme in getting into his character. Mehhh, I don't think I believe 100% about falling in love. He is obligated to say he does because he needs to promote TOL, lol. Yeah, everyone is confused about the blue heart part. I google translate in Korean too and it is the same. He mentions mum lots, but never come across dad...hmm.

No, not the first VIP movie premiere. Last I know was Han Suk Kyu's The Prison. I don't know what is the link to the director and I've no energy to google translate all articles to find out :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

I've OCD! The flash lights expose the different skin colour between the stars' face & neck and it's hideous. If I were to do it, and can do it, I'm fixing it! All other ugly ones I refuse to post, lol. Ikr, what the hell did he pig on to gain 2.5 kg??? Luckily they have professional PT to help them lose it later. Shake my head.

Yeah, he's the first I know that likes perfume and uses it to his advantage in acting. It's a refreshing way, but he also does brainwashing to help himself (according to Duel). He seems to go to the extreme in getting into his character. Mehhh, I don't think I believe 100% about falling in love. He is obligated to say he does because he needs to promote TOL, lol. Yeah, everyone is confused about the blue heart part. I google translate in Korean too and it is the same. He mentions mum lots, but never come across dad...hmm.

No, not the first VIP movie premiere. Last I know was Han Suk Kyu's The Prison. I don't know what is the link to the director and I've no energy to google translate all articles to find out :D

I've OCD too! just in different areas I guess hahaha...I need my things to be put back to the original exact location I put them. Well I always envy them, who can easily lose whatever they gain...me still working hard to achieve my 2kg target -_-

Don't think they need to promote TOL in that way frankly. Thought he is a straightforward person. BTW more interview stuff came out, more work for you kkkkk

:oso he also attended HSK movie premiere? HJ was there..see he was not on my radar back then...since I don't remember:tongue:

happpy updating! might pop in from time to time hehehe

• Like 1
  • Sad 1