Yang Se Jong ✿ 양세종 ✿ 梁世宗

mademoisellesia

Kyahhh i finally found a forum for sejong! Been loving him since do inbum days and so glad seeing him gaining more praises and popularity in korean through Duel TvT

Also very excited for his new drama!! All the actors and actress are my favorites *v*

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

[News] 2017.07.27 Duel PDs: "Yang Se Jong is Yeongi Byeontae. Jung Jae Young Agrees"

I laughed at the title given for this news ariticle. 'Yeongi' = Acting and 'Byeontae' = Pervert / Psycho / Crazy? Not sure how to properly translate it, so I left the original word as per news title. Yang Se Jong is also nicknamed 'Monster Actor'. :D

Rough Translation:

MqQmlc2.jpg

Duel's PD Lee Jong Jae said he auditioned 8 people for the role. Yang Se Jong was the first. He overpowered them by portraying various roles, and so much so that they could not remember other actors after him. He acknowledges that Se Jong will become a successful actor.

He shares that casting a rookie such as Yang Se Jong was a gamble. It's the first time he challenge such an inconceivable material (drama) and there are noobs on different levels in the production team, so he thought adding one more actor named Yang Se Jong seemingly will not cause any major changes to the risk he's taking. However, if Yang Se Jong fail, he thought they'll be doomed, but he did really well.

Yang Se Jong performed really well, this is also due to Jung Jae Young sunbae being around that this all became possible. In the beginning, he was strict on Se Jong, and eventually Se Jong earned his acknowledgement. Yang Se Jong, on the level of acting, is an abnormal madman.

Source: Osen

• Like 4

[Wrap Up Message] 2017.07.24 Yang Se Jong's Message on Duel

fDUmLdLl.jpgdUdDtB8l.jpg

We present actor Yang Se Jong's final thoughts and verification photos after completing the drama, Duel.

Yang Se Jong: "Having met everyone who are so nice allows me to be happy while filming, even when I was physically and mentally exhausted. Sincerely thank you to all viewers who generously gave their support and love for Duel, Lee Sung Joon, Lee Sung Hoon, and even Lee Yong Sub. I hope everyone always maintain a good health and be happy forever!

Good People Entertainment: A thank you to those who always cherish and show their support during the time of Duel and Sung Joon/Sung Hoon. We hope you will be able to give Yang Se Jong more care, expectation and love.

source: Facebook

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow ........ !!! CONGRATULATIONS @mademoisellesia for starting a thread for Yang Se Jong. Cool ... !! I didn't know about your it until I was scrolling the actors and actresses forum page. Good job.

He's an actor to watch with his impressive acting. Hope he'll get the a drama that wil make waves and people recognise talents.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

[Magazine] September 2017 Marie Claire: Temperature of Yang Se Jong

cmLWicl.jpg

Translated by mademoisellesia

Do NOT repost elsewhere

Yang Se Jong has nice eyes. He’s a good-looking young man when you see him from afar, and after chit-chatting beside him, immediately (I) can tell there’s something inside that enlarged pupils of his. My body shifted closer towards where he sat unknowingly. He is someone who is good at talking. Someone good at talking means his inner is rich with emotions. He seems to force himself hard searching that every moment and did his best to think of the answers to the questions; they are of a different dimension to other rookie actors’ kind but polite answers.

He has proven that neither luck nor coincident in his success in portraying the roles of good and evil in his recently completed drama, “Duel”. Immediately after “Duel” ended, Yang Se Jong shockingly leaped into playing the leading role, On Jung Sun in SBS Mon-Tue drama “Temperature of Love”. In order to become On Jung Sun, a character that is entirely different to his previous role, Yang Se Jong changed the way he walks, the music he listens to as well as the way he treats people. “Although you are only on stage once in a play, but live as that character months before going on stage. How do you become that person within a few weeks?” – Yang Se Jong said he was lucky that he met a lot of good teachers, I believe I know what those people saw in him.

You’ve perfectly played two roles in Duel. It must be straining to change between Sung Joon and Sung Hoon.

It was hard in the beginning, because there’s no way to know when to film which character; therefore, the switch has to be quick, so the director gave me a lot of time at first. Because of this, I found my very own incantation that helps me quickly switch between the two. It wasn’t deliberate.

What is the incantation?

Kind Sung Joon has a lot of injustice emotion, so I will repeatedly chant “I really don’t know, Ahjussi! I really don’t know. Why are you doing this to me, Ahjussi!” For Sung Hoon, it’s “I must kill you, I want to kill you”. I’ll chant these incantations before filming, and when the director shouts “action”, I will give him a sign to start shooting. It wasn’t something we agreed to do, but maybe because there were a lot of emotional scenes and we just came to understand each other’s ways.

After confirming playing the roles, you told the director it was too burdensome you can’t do it. What if you didn’t do it at the time?

My body learnt a lot after filming “Duel”. I am especially thankful towards Jung Jae Young sunbae-nim. If it weren’t because of this rare experience, I wouldn’t have met him. I'll also still be going around in circles in hesitation. The things I’ve learnt from “Duel” has led me to believe I could do well in my future projects.

Spoiler

oVps0jy.jpg

What did you do after “Duel”?

I felt something was missing. There were no regrets, but I felt empty when all of the sudden I no longer have to chant the incantation I used to do every day, and not seeing the people who are like my family and spent time with for the past 3-4 months. Sung Joon’s and Sung Hoon’s breathing used to be part of my daily life, if I want to detached from it, I must first work hard and focus on casting it away. Even though it is a pity, but only then I can focus properly for the next project. The shooting is about to start soon, I am re-reading the scripts in order to prepare and become Temperature of Love’s On Jung Sun. At this point, I am focusing on how to properly embody On Jung Sun.

You majored in acting in Korea University of Arts. How were you like at school?

I was very straight-forward at the time. I was even more honest and impulsive then. It’s really clear when I dislike a person, and if I like a person I’ll show I really like them. I think honesty and sincerity is the answer. Even when there’s no money for bus, we would meet and set up a tent on the rooftop, drink makgeoli and play guitar all night and go to class in such condition, and then concentrate and live earnestly. It was a blissful time where we stayed up late to prepare for the 15 minutes presentation we have to do every day.

How did you begin acting?

I wasn’t interested at all. During the second year of middle school, I always go to the bookstore after school. The shop owner told me to work there if I was going to stay there till the night, so I worked part-time until first year of high school. I watched all the movies, read all the comic books and novels while I was there. Even after quitting, I still have the habit of watching movies every day. I’ve approximately 500 movies saved in my computer. If there are no movies I want to watch, I’ll re-watch a movie among the 500. It always felt different when I re-watch. I did Taekwondo for a long time, but my hobby was watching movie every night. Then one day we went to watch a play. The reason I was with Taekwondo demonstration team was because the cheers from people were stimulating. When I saw the play, seeing how the actors use their whole body to express the lines with their voice, movement and eyes etc., “Se Jong-ah, this is it!” I went home that day and announced I quit Taekwondo, and prepared for the entrance exam for Korea National University.  

What were the movies you saw then?

Dallas Buyer Club, Whiplash and Silver Lining Playbook. I will re-watch these 3 repeatedly.

What are the standards for choosing a movie?

The actors I like. I've seen all of Bradley Cooper's. I also like Matthew McCounaghey's. I've seen almost all his movies.

I heard that like movies, you also like wine.

I didn't drink wine lately. I can't do other things while I'm always thinking about the drama's character. I can't enjoy when I feel like I haven't completed my homework. After the completion of the drama and resting, I'll seek for good wine.

How did you become interested in wine?

Originally I was team soju, but I've opened my eyes because of daepyo-nim. I’ve even attended wine tasting event and started to search for red wine on my own. The decisive factor I fell for wine was when I was on a trip to Busan with my friends. I wanted to drink wine but it was too late and everything was close. I found a wine store in Centum City on the internet; in there I kept asking "What is this? What is that?" and perhaps the store manager was fond of me that he sold to me an expensive wine at a cheaper price from his personal collection. I went to the beach and drank the wine while watching the sea. An image appears for the first time as I drank it—the glistening river water, grassy green tree leaves and viridescent vegetation. "Wow! This is it! Alegoria Malbec is the best wine of my life". Since then I haven't found a wine that would project images in my mind, but I have found other tasty wines. It feels great seeking for wine when there's no shooting. With earphones on, I'd go around asking how's the wine at the department store or wine cellar.

JeJK0MK.jpg

What is your daily life like excluding movie and wine?

Walking. I now live in Hakdong. From Hakdong station, go straight towards Dosan Park’s intersection, and then return from the small alley after Cheongdam. It takes about 2 hours. I usually walk like this when I need to organize my thoughts. I’ll walk as well when I need to think about my character. At what speed the character will walk at? What kind of music will he listen to? It’s the homework I always do before starting the next project.

What does Temperature of Love’s On Jung Sun like?

Jung Sun changes depending on his relationship with the people. He’s very different when he faces his parents and Hyun Soo. When he is thinking about his parents, the music is a little down. When I meet Hyun Soo, I’d repeatedly listen to inciting music. During “Duel”, it’s like I’m completely at the very bottom of darkness so I’d only listen to dark music.

For example?
I would listen back to forth repeatedly these two songs: Maria Mena’s “Leaving You” and Standing Egg’s “Miss You”.

What kind of person is Jung Sun?
It’s difficult to express him with words. Some people are really good at explaining the character; I think to certain people there are no right answers, so I can’t explain. We have different faces, don’t we? Neither reporter-nim nor I are perfect, it’s just certain parts of us are much stronger. Therefore I am always searching for a suitable personality for Jung Sun. To be honest, normally I am a little introverted, dark and depressing, but in order to get rid of these, I kept listening to positive music, eat good food and use refreshing perfume. I originally like black coloured clothes, but I’d wear bright clothes even though it doesn’t suit me, and tried to loosen up, be cheery and optimistic when I interact with people.

EEwo1gp.jpg

For a person with a dark tendency, would it consume a lot of energy trying to brighten up?

Hence more exercise is needed. Although he is the leader of the running club, but he is more active than before and is more muscular, so I am changing my daily life. If I am On Jung Sun? If I am Jung Sun, what type of clothes would I wear, what sort of perfume would I use, and how would I view others? If I am On Jung Sun, how would I walk, what’s my posture like? I think when they naturally integrated into my body; I’ll become On Jung Sun. And if I know the relationship between Jung Sun and the other people around him, then it’s all good if the they match naturally.

From a certain perspective, it looks like you need a lot of time for preparation and you can’t separate work from daily life completely.

I can’t at all so it’s very tiring. I would sometimes think “Where is Yang Se Jong?” There are less and less time to be Yang Se Jong. There are seniors who can explicitly separate their daily from acting.

Can Se Jong do that?

I don’t think so. I can’t. *laugh* because I’m already living like that. So I discussed with the agency and took a few months off to rest after finishing up the drama. I think that’s the most suitable way for me.

The rapport with Seo Hyun Jin—what do you expect to feel?

Very excited. We’ve three script reading and each time, I was very excited and my body was shaking. This is the power of sunbae. It’s the power of within her. I will always remember this feeling, and it’s all good as long as I let that power guide me.

Translation by mademoisellesia

Do NOT report elsewhere

Source: Marie Claire

• Like 2

[Interview] 2017.08.23 OCN's 오덕터뷰terview

The first interview after Duel ended. Seeing how he looks, this must be done while he was still filming the finale episode. :)

Voice: Nice to meet you.

YSJ: Yes. I'm happy to meet you. *Bows*

Voice: Please give us a lively greeting again.

YSJ: Lively? Hello everyone~ I am Yang Se Jong.

Screen caption: Good job. Good job.

Q: Is there any special way of getting into Duel’s characters?

YSJ: 1. Incantation  2. Mirror  3. Hypnosis. I did a lot of something like that.

Voice: Incantation?

YSJ: Sung Joon’s incantation is something like, “Why...why…why are you doing this to me? I really don’t know. Why are you doing this to me?” I will keep repeating something like that. For Sung Hoon, it’ll be, “I will kill you. Do you think I will not kill you?”

Screen Caption: Se Jong feels embarassed

Spoiler

Q: What do you want to do most after filming is complete?

YSJ: *Pondering hard*

1. Sleep for 5-6 hours
2. Shower
3. Spray the perfume (I) like
4. Exercise at the gym
5. Dress up
6. Take a rest at home
7. Take a walk
8. Meet up friends and at night, have coffee.
9. Headphones on, cycle outdoor (stop and go) and sort out my thoughts.

This is what I really want to do.

Screen Caption: Actor-nim have a lot he wants to do. Do it all, do it all, Uri Se Jong go and do all of them~

Q: What is your ideal type?

YSJ: Ideal type? When the heart felt something like 'ta!'. Feeling attracted during a conversation and feeling the sense of consonation with her. It's like a feeling...feeling the feels of liking a person.

Q: Rumor has that you have become well-known as a beautiful man. Time to examine.

Voice: Can you show us?

Caption: The selfie pose

YSJ: Huh?

We see only Se Jong's uncomfortably scrap his fingers...

Q: What sort of genre for movies or dramas would you like to shoot?

YSJ: I think, all, if I could I would not distinguish between them and would like to challenge all.

Q: Do you have the determination to be an actor?

YSJ: In the beginning, when I first started, my mother kept telling me this one thing, “Se Jong-ah, if you are really going to do it, grit your teeth and endure it.” Occasionally, it would cross my mind.

Q: Actornim who doesn’t do SNS. Will he know what hashtag means? Kikiki

Caption closer to YSJ's face: What are you talking about??

YSJ: NOW I do. Now I know.

Q: Then please leave us some hashtags now.

YSJ: #BeHappy #StayHealthy #AgainBeHappy #ThankYou #ILikeYou

Q: How do you feel being interviewed by 오덕터뷰‬terview?

YSJ: It’s my first time, I think it’s good. I feel very honoured, thankful and fun. Again, thank you.

Yang Se Jong's last Message: For fans of this 오덕터뷰terview, please give 오덕터뷰terview‬ a lot of care and support. Thank you. *Finger hearts*

Translation by: Mademoisellesia
***Should you wish to transfer to another site, please credit and link back to this thread.

• Like 3

[PD Note 2] 2017.08.24 Temperature of Love's Script Reading Held on July 30.

8jXdAPZ.jpg

Spoiler

ES6hG2D.jpg
u84ex1W.jpg
Sjbt077.jpg
tHtnI0w.jpgaUtMssa.jpg
16xndlF.jpg
AAjNjXM.jpg

The rest of the casts' pictures are in Temperature of Love drama thread.

Character Still

Di6plho.jpg

On Jeong Seon (23 – 28 years old)

“It’s pointless to rank rice (food) because it’s an absolute that everyone has to eat rice.”

Even though he pursues "seon" (good/virtue), he has clear, certain boundaries.

He neither likes to be controlled by anyone nor does he like controlling others. In his kitchen, there is no such thing as ranks. He still remembers to this day when he was a child after soccer practice, he and the kids would rush home for this mother’s Don Katsu dish (Japanese Deep Fried Pork Cutlets on rice). That makes him happy. Unknowingly, he began cooking. He wants to be happy, and he also wants to give others happiness.

To Jeong Seon, love is feeling the pinnacle of heart palpitation. Returning from France to South Korea temporary, he meets Hyun Soo—an alluring woman whom he does not understand and cannot love.

Jeong Seon felt he and Hyun Soo are tied together by an invisible thread. He believes one day Hyun Soo will be able to feel this ‘invisible thread’. However, he didn’t know they would meet again like this. 5 years has passed, that woman is still the same and she is still adorable.  

• Like 3

[News] 2017.08.31 First Teaser Stills & The Reasons Why PD Believes In Yang Se Jong

NRaq0wf.jpg

About the casting, the PD said, “From his looks to everything else, [Yang Seo Jong] is the perfect person to play On Jeong Sun. I am very happy with his acting as well. Above anything else, he’s so handsome.” He also complimented the actor by saying, “Yang Se Jong tries very hard for his character. On set, he is very passionate. I see him as On Jeong Sun, not Yang Se Jong.” To watch the teaser, go to: YouTube

Extracted from: TopStarNews and TV Report (via Soompi)

• Like 2

[News] 2017.09.01 Yang Se Jong Honestly Shares Thoughts On Taking His First Main Lead Role

by R. Choi via Soompi

xKC848C.jpg

Actor Yang Se Jong recently shared his honest thoughts on starring as a male lead.

On September 1, the actor attended the press conference for SBS’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Temperature of Love.” Yang Se Jong is set to star in the drama as a chef named Ohn Jung Sun, and shared how he felt about being the male lead for the first time since his acting debut one year ago.

“I would be lying if I said I didn’t feel any pressure. I usually really feel the pressure in a short amount of time, and then it passes. I’m the type of person who tends to focus on the important things that are given to me in the moment,” he commented.

Yang Se Jong added, “I was given the role of a chef, and I think I have some talent for cooking. I learned how to cook steak the first night but it turned out really well.”

Source: Herald Pop

• Like 2