Yang Se Jong ✿ 양세종 ✿ 梁世宗

mademoisellesia

Episode 3 Preview

The story moves on pretty quick in episode 2. It's a terribly cruel episode for Seo Hwi. Sun Ho's torn situation is relatable as well. Both Woo Do Hwan and Sejong really put in an awesome performance in this episode too.

AGB Nielson's Ratings Nationwide

Episode 1 - 3.5%

Episode 2 - 3.8%

• Love 1

Annyeong Yeorobun! I'm a new fan of him. I want to ask you guys about something. Is He already done his military service before he debuted as an actor? Because some actors like jang dong yoon or park seo jeon who debuted later, are already done their military service.

2 hours ago, Eliza Marlowe said:

Annyeong Yeorobun! I'm a new fan of him. I want to ask you guys about something. Is He already done his military service before he debuted as an actor? Because some actors like jang dong yoon or park seo jeon who debuted later, are already done their military service.

Hi Eliza. No, he hasn't completed his military service. He went to Uni to learn acting instead.

• Love 2

2 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

Hi Eliza. No, he hasn't completed his military service. He went to Uni to learn acting instead.

Thanks you for your answer. I just wished he did because we don't have to wait 2 years since he is doing good in his acting career. Anyway, I knew him first in Still 17. Now, I become a huge fan. His performance in My country is top-notch. My country is such a good drama. Can't wait for ep 3!

• Like 2

On 10/8/2019 at 12:25 AM, Eliza Marlowe said:

Thanks you for your answer. I just wished he did because we don't have to wait 2 years since he is doing good in his acting career. Anyway, I knew him first in Still 17. Now, I become a huge fan. His performance in My country is top-notch. My country is such a good drama. Can't wait for ep 3!

It won't be exactly 2 years, but 18 months (I think) now. :) Ooohhh, do check him out in Duel. That's actually his best performance. Hopefully My Country will be his second best or even better if he could outdo Duel's.

• Love 1

Episode 3-4 Preview (longer version)

Behind the scenes from Good People for photoshoot & press conference

Behind the scenes from JTBC for episode 1-2

JTBC’s “My Country” has released a new behind-the-scenes video!

“My Country” takes place at the end of the Goryeo dynasty and the beginning of the Joseon dynasty and tells the story of conflicts that arise due to people’s desire for power and protection.

In the new clip, Yang Se Jong and Woo Do Hwan display their friendly chemistry by constantly making each other laugh and goofing around on set. The two end up causing a blooper when Yang Se Jong gives a loud reaction from being slightly touched by Woo Do Hwan, causing the latter to break into a smile. For another scene, Woo Do Hwan tries to signal something with his eyes, but Yang Se Jong only looks at him blankly and goes back to tending his fire.

Despite their playful nature, the two actors put their all into their various action scenes, constantly rehearsing and discussing their movements. When it’s time to film, the pair makes everyone on set react with amazement and approval as they flawlessly execute a sword fight. However, they go right back to their regular antics while on standby. Woo Do Hwan imitates one of Yang Se Jong’s lines that is similar to Hwang Jung Min‘s famous lines in the film “New World” and teases, “You were aiming for that, weren’t you? You wanted to become close with [Hwang Jung Min].”

AOA’s Seolhyun also finds ways to joke around as she films by herself. She receives a request from the director to enter while looking around, and she playfully does this by slowly sticking her head out sideways from behind a wall. Her passionate acting when it is time to get serious matches the hot weather on set.

source: soompi

• Love 1

[News] 2019.10.09 Yang Se Jong, Woo Do Hwan, And AOA’s Seolhyun Smile Through The Challenges Of Filming A Historical Drama

EGaPDT7U8AA93xP?format=jpg&name=small

On October 9, JTBC’s “My Country” released behind-the-scenes photos of Yang Se Jong, Woo Do Hwan, and AOA’s Seolhyun on set.

“My Country” takes place between the end of the Goryeo Dynasty and the beginning of the Joseon Dynasty and tells the story of the conflicts that arise due to people’s desire for power and protection.

The drama premiered on October 4 and caught viewers’ attention with its strong and intense storyline, as well as the relationship between Seo Hwi (Yang Se Jong) and Nam Seon Ho (Woo Do Hwan), who go from being the best of friends to mortal enemies. Caught between them is Han Hee Jae (Seolhyun), who is searching for her own fate.

In the behind-the-scenes photos, however, the actors are all smiles when the cameras aren’t rolling. The actors prepare for action scenes on horseback while discussing details of the sequence with the director, Seolhyun closely monitors her own performance, Yang Se Jong grins as he gets into position on an outdoor set, and Woo Do Hwan calmly gets into character as he rehearses a sword-fighting scene.

Spoiler

EGaPDT9UcAAhgGl?format=jpg&name=smallEGaPDT8UcAI03Eu?format=jpg&name=smallEGaWWiXU8AA9sSM?format=jpg&name=smallEGaWWiYUYAEbFQ0?format=jpg&name=small

The production staff stated, “The actors, who focus intensely on their characters and participate wholeheartedly in filming, are the main source of power behind a well-made period drama. The atmosphere on set is fun yet focused. Please look forward to their synergy as the story really gets started in Episode 3.”

“My Country” airs every Friday and Saturday at 10:50 p.m. KST.

Source (1) via Soompi

• Love 1

Episode 4 Preview

Episode 4 is soooooooo good! Again, Sejong is killing me with his acting. So is Woo Do Hwan. The scene of Hwi with Nam Jeon is also breath-taking. So much tension. This is the second confrontation scene between Sejong and An Nae Sang (they were previously father & son in Temperature of Love)

Episode 5 Preview

AGB Nielson's Ratings Nationwide

Episode 3 - 3.759%

Episode 4 - 4.8%

Episode 3-4 BTS

JTBC’s “My Country” has released a new behind-the-scenes video that shows the actors keeping it both fun and professional on set!

The video begins with Woo Do Hwan, Yang Se Jong, and Jo Yi Hyun filming a scene together. When the cameras are rolling, the actors are nothing but serious. However, once it’s time for a break, they goof around like real-life brothers and sisters.

The next scene features AOA’s Seolhyun and Yang Se Jong sharing an awkward but romantic moment by the pond. However, they are soon interrupted by Jo Yi Hyun, who plays the role of Yang Se Jong’s little sister in the drama. Meanwhile, Woo Do Hwan is busy carrying out an action scene that requires lots of dangerous-looking movement.

The rest of the video shows Seolhyun and Yang Se Jong spending time together as they film various romantic scenes. The two get cozy and eventually share a kiss, finally able to finish what was interrupted earlier.

Episode 3 BTS

JTBC’s “My Country” has released a new behind-the-scenes video of its cast members!

“My Country” stars Yang Se Jong as Seo Hwi, Woo Do Hwan as Nam Seon Ho, and AOA’s Seolhyun as Han Hee Jae in a story about the conflict between the desire for power and the desire for protection. It is set between the end of the Goryeo Dynasty and the beginning of the Joseon Dynasty.

The clip begins with Yang Se Jong and Woo Do Hwan filming a scene together. In between takes, the two can’t stop hugging and smiling at each other, proving that their off-screen chemistry is just as strong as their on-screen one.

In the next scene, Yang Se Jong tackles another character to the ground without hesitation. When the directors voice their approval, Yang Se Jong immediately reaches for the other actor’s hands and sweetly asks, “Hyung, are you okay?” Yang Se Jong also showcases his dedication to his craft as he discusses the upcoming fight scenes with the director, making sure he knows every detail.

The rest of the video display Yang Se Jong and Woo Do Hwan engaging in a serious sword fight. Although their expressions are hard and serious during the scene, they relax and support each other as fellow actors when the cameras stop rolling.

[News] 2019.11.01 "My Country" Press Conference

EIRzptxWkAANSmx?format=jpg&name=4096x409

JTBC held another press conference for "My Country" on Nov 1. This time Jang Hyuk joins the main leads and we see how long Sejong's hair now is...which I'd rather he tied it all up :p

Sejong, who is usually quiet, on several occasion picked up the microphone and praised there's one scene where he thought Woo Do Hwan looks really cool holding the sword and blood drips from the sword. He also shared how excited he was when he first had the first dialogue with Jang Hyuk.

Spoiler

EIRzptyWsAEBbqn?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EIRnq41WwAEDBTI?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

[News] 2019.11.01 "My Country" Press Conference

JTBC held another press conference for "My Country" on Nov 1. This time Jang Hyuk joins the main leads and we see how long Sejong's hair now is...which I'd rather he tied it all up :p

Sejong, who is usually quiet, on several occasion picked up the microphone and praised there's one scene where he thought Woo Do Hwan looks really cool holding the sword and blood drips from the sword. He also shared how excited he was when he first had the first dialogue with Jang Hyuk.

Reveal hidden contents

EIRzptyWsAEBbqn?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EIRnq41WwAEDBTI?format=jpg&name=small

Thank you for sharing, where can we get the full interview in English? I tried to read from Korean sites but autotranslation sucks lol. 

Allow me to say I like Sejong's hair this way lol. I mean if I had imagined it in my mind it would be a big Noooo, but the way it's styled gives him an innocent and fresh look. 

I'm so happy he's dominating hot topic searches on Naver on multiple time slots since yesterday. Hard work deserves to be praised!