Yang Se Jong ✿ 양세종 ✿ 梁世宗

mademoisellesia

[News] 2020.02.20 Yang Se Jong Enthusiastically Takes On Special Appearance In “Dr. Romantic 2”

Yang-Se-Jong_3.jpg

Yang Se Jong will be making his triumphant return to Dol Dam Hospital for the first time in four years.

On February 19, agency Good People Entertainment released behind-the-scenes photos from Yang Se Jong’s special appearance shoot on “Dr. Romantic 2.”

It was previously confirmed that the actor would be making a special cameo in the sequel of “Dr. Romantic,” which was his debut drama in 2016. At the end of episode 14, viewers got a peek of Dr. Do In Bum’s return when he walked into Dol Dam Hospital and said, “This place is still the same.”

In the photos, Yang Se Jong transforms into Dr. Do In Bum and smiles as he reads the script. According to the reports, the actor devoted a lot of time to his special appearance and showed an extraordinary sense of responsibility.

The final two episodes of “Dr. Romantic 2” will air on February 24 and 25 at 10 p.m. KST.

[News] 2020.02.23 Yang Se Jong, Han Suk Kyu and Ahn Hyo Seop Finally Meet in "Romantic Doctor 2"

JwnbKZDhiruU637180633688525371.jpg

Dr. Romantic 2” has dropped new stills of Yang Se Jong’s cameo appearance in the upcoming episode!

The SBS drama follows the lives of doctors at the Dol Dam Hospital. In the first season, Yang Se Jong played Dr. Do In Bum, the son of Do Yoon Wan (Choi Jin Ho) who went from being bitter and selfish to warm and selfless because of Kim Sa Bu (Han Suk Kyu).

womHjEEvEitk637180633031310879.jpg

The stills for episode 15 feature Kim Sa Bu, Do In Bum, and Seo Woo Jin (Ahn Hyo Seop). Do In Bum warmly embraces Kim Sa Bu who is also joyful to see him. However, Do In Bum coldly disregards Seo Woo Jin, and Seo Woo Jin doesn’t exactly seem thrilled to meet him either. Questions are mounting over what the subtle tension between Seo Woo Jin and Do In Bum could be a result of, and viewers are eager to find out why Do In Bum returned to Dol Dam Hospital.

LZxFLnRyvE3y637180633149757372.jpg

This scene was filmed at a set in Yongin, Gyeonggi Province this month. When Yang Se Jong appeared on the set with a bright expression on his face, the actors who were preparing for the shoot ran out to warmly welcome him. Moreover, Yang Se Jong and Ahn Hyo Seop, who previously appeared together in the drama “30 But 17,” couldn’t hide their joy and eagerly shook hands and hugged each other. Yang Se Jong also greeted each of the crew members who worked with him in the first season.

yJahnvaZMpYE637180632959279617.jpg

Production crew Samhwa Networks said, “Thanks to Yang Se Jong, who readily accepted the special appearance, we will be able to present a richer and more thrilling story line. Please look forward to the broadcast of Do In Bum’s return to Dol Dam Hospital.”

Episode 15 of “Dr. Romantic 2” will air on February 24 at 9:40 p.m. KST.

Source (1)  via soompi

• Like 1

[Drama] 2020.02.26 BTS of Sejong in "Romantic Doctor 2"

SBS has released another behind-the-scenes look at “Dr. Romantic 2”!

In the new making-of video, Yang Se Jong from season one has returned to make a special appearance. After greeting the director, Yang Se Jong and his “30 But 17” co-star Ahn Hyo Seop hug and talk as they get ready to film. While rehearsing, Yang Se Jong tries to recite the line, “You can do it, right?” with a sharp tone, but Ahn Hyo Seop says, “[It sounds] too warm. I think I can do it!” while the director comments that it’s because Yang Se Jong is a warmhearted person.

The cast continues to film with playful attitudes, laughing off any mistakes they make while filming. When the director praises Yang Se Jong for looking very cool, he says, “I don’t know if I can do it like that again,” but the director shares his faith in him by jokingly adding, “You can do it for sure! Because we’re going to film it until you do it again!” Yang Se Jong and Ahn Hyo Seop continue to be all smiles throughout the filming, and the two are unable to stop laughing after looking at each other.

In another behind-the-scenes look, Yoon Na Moo continues to toss out adlibs while pretending to treat his patients, making up things like, “It’s not a serious disease,” and “Where does it feel the most uncomfortable?” Meanwhile, Han Suk Kyu acts dramatically with his doctor’s gown as Kim Joo Heon and Park Hyo Joo watch from behind, laughing. Han Suk Kyu comments, “It’s a bull fight,” but despite his character being enemies with Choi Jin Ho‘s character, the two get along spectacularly while rehearsing.

Finally, Ahn Hyo Seop and Lee Sung Kyung discuss with the director and rehearse to produce their romantic kiss scene in the perfect lighting.

souce: soompi

Cuts of Do In Beom in Ep15

Spoiler

• Like 1

[News] 2020.02.26 Yang Se Jong Returns To Dol Dam Hospital In “Dr. Romantic 2” + Reunites With “30 But 17” Co-Star Ahn Hyo Seop

Yang-Se-Jong_11.jpg

Yang Se Jong had a delightful time on the set of “Dr. Romantic 2.”

On February 25, his agency Good People Entertainment released a behind-the-scenes video and photos from the actor’s return to Dol Dam Hospital. Yang Se Jong previously starred in “Dr. Romantic” as his debut drama in 2016, and he returned in the sequel with a special appearance.

In the photos, Yang Se Jong enjoys a chat with former “Dr. Romantic” co-star Han Suk Kyu during their break. They previously appeared as teacher and student in the 2016 series and look to be engaged in thoughtful discourse. He also reunited with Ahn Hyo Seop, who appeared as his onscreen nephew in “30 But 17.

Yang Se Jong spent a week filming his special appearance in the drama. During his time on set, he frequently expressed gratitude and joy about seeing the staff again. The February 24 episode achieved a personal best in the drama’s ratings thus far with nationwide averages of 19.4 percent and 23.7 percent, and a peak of 25.7 percent.

Good People Entertainment also shared a behind-the-scenes video of Yang Se Jong’s return to Dol Dam Hospital. He happily greeted the staff members before trying on various sunglasses to complete his look.

Yang-Se-Jong_21.jpg

He then reunited with Ahn Hyo Seop, who came to say hello even though he wasn’t filming. Reuniting for the first time in a year, the two actors held hands while catching up. Yang Se Jong asked if he ate, and Ahn Hyo Seop answered yes. Yang Se Jong added, “All of the [staff] here are good people,” and they smiled as they continued their conversation.

Yang Se Jong constantly rehearsed before filming began. He earned the director’s praise for his handsome looks, then jokingly burst into tears after making a mistake with his lines. After a couple of tries, the actor nailed his lines before holding the director’s hand to celebrate the end of the scene. Yang Se Jong smiled brightly when he ran into Yoon Na Moo and hugged his former co-star while adding, “You’re the best.”

Yang-Se-Jong_31.jpg

Yang Se Jong wrapped up filming his special appearance and was met with applause and flowers from the staff. The director patted him on the back, and the actor wished everyone good health. He and Ahn Hyo Seop said goodbye with a warm hug. Ahn Hyo Seop added, “Thank you. See you later. I’ll call you.”

Yang Se Jong then sat down to send a video message to fans. “Hello everyone,” he began. “Is everyone doing well? I’m currently filming a special appearance for ‘Dr. Romantic 2.’ Do In Bum is a very meaningful character for me, and I heard that my fans really like In Bum, so I’m excitedly filming. Please watch Do In Bum and ‘Dr. Romantic 2’ until the end. Also, I saw the subway ad. Thank you so much. Let’s stay together for a long time. Be healthy and be happy!”

source: soompi

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

[News] 2020.04.30 Yang Se Jong Confirms Military Enlistment Date

Dql0w2QV4AESGud?format=jpg&name=large

We will be saying goodbye to Yang Se Jong for a while.

On April 30, it was reported that Yang Se Jong had received his military enlistment date. A source from his agency Good People confirmed the news and said, “Yang Se Jong will be enlisting on May 12 as an active duty soldier.”

After making an appearance in a short film in 2013, Yang Se Jong made his drama debut in 2016 with dramas “Saimdang, Light’s Diary” and “Dr. Romantic.” He has also appeared in dramas “Dual,” “Degree of Love,” “30 but 17,” and “My Country.” His latest role was a guest appearance in “Dr. Romantic 2.”

We wish Yang Se Jong all the best!

Source (1) (2) via soompi
Image source: Blessing Bell

---

This whole time I thought he had already gone! Sigh, no Sejong on screen for 2 years. See you in 2022~

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...

D-Day 2020.05.12 Official Day of Yang Se Jong's enlistment

991802415D9D9A50137155

Yang Se Jong has officially reported his active military service duty today at 2 pm. It was as his had wish, to be quiet and not publicized. He'll carry out 5 weeks of training at Gangwondo.

His 5 years contract with Good People Entertainment has also expired therefore who he will sign with will be the foremost interesting matter when he returns 15th November 2021.

See you late 2021, Sejong-ah.

• Like 2

[News] 2020.05.12 Yang Se Jong Shares Heartfelt Letter With Fans And Quietly Enlists In Military

TcVZ31g.jpg?1

Yang Se Jong has quietly enlisted in the military.

The actor enlisted at the 27th Division located in Hwacheon, Gangwon Province at 2 p.m. KST on May 12. There, he will undergo basic training before being assigned to the division where he will carry out the rest of his military service.

Yang Se Jong made the decision to have a quiet enlistment without any scheduled events. However, he did take to his fan cafe the day before to write a heartfelt letter to his fans and explain his quiet enlistment, which reads as follows:

Hello to all the people I love, this is Se Jong. There is something I wanted to ask from you regarding my enlistment.

As we are currently living in a time where we must all be careful about our health, I hope you will be okay with sending me away without physically being there. I understand that you will want to come say goodbye to me in person, but please don’t. Although I am sad that I won’t be able to give you a proper greeting, I promise to be healthy and brave and come back to you… Goodbye!

It is thanks to you and your support and love that I have been able to work hard on my acting till now. I promise to greet you once again in good spirits. Please be healthy while I am gone. Be healthy, be healthy, and be happy!

We wish Yang Se Jong all the best and can’t wait to see him again!

Source (1) (2) via Soompi

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

[News] 2020.06.17 Yang Se Jong Receives Commendation for His Outstanding Performance in the Military

EartcjPU8AIL9fw?format=jpg&name=medium

Actor Yang Se Jong received commendation upon completing his 5-week military training.

On June 17, Yang Se Jong's management agency revealed that the actor was awarded commendation for his outstanding overall performance among the training soldiers. The agency said, "Yang Se Jong has received commendation for his outstanding performance in the military from the divisional commander." They continued, "He just had a completion ceremony, and he's doing very well in the military."

Then, photos of Yang Se Jong receiving and holding the certificate of commendation were shared online soon after. In the photos, Yang Se Jong indeed looked happy; he looked like he has gained a little of weight while there as well.

Yang Se Jong started his military service on May 12, and is expected to be discharged in November 2021.

Spoiler

EartdT6UYAAuL6P?format=jpg&name=medium

201441587_1280.jpg

source: SBS Star

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...