Yang Se Jong ✿ 양세종 ✿ 梁世宗

mademoisellesia

[Magazine] January 2018 Harper's Bazaar Korea: Actual Man

kMzxcgm.jpg

Harper's Bazaar finally updated their website with clear digital photos of all Se Jong's photos in the magazine. I've combined them all in one post. love-red-crab-emoticon.gif?1292455361&ke  Is it too greedy to ask for more B, C cuts??? They obviously have more done.

Spoiler

BClDAQh.jpg
192KFei.jpg
hIuvzwe.jpg
L6r9ArY.jpg
MdsczHn.jpg
Nt93Ueq.jpg
Dj5w4SY.jpg
ngEEkK6.jpg
BqsEC8w.jpg
jMKVxCP.jpg
SHKZdvd.jpg
kC6kIhj.jpg
OeIww2I.jpg
3mmMnFk.jpg

source: Harper's Bazaar Korea

Ha ha I am all smiling and giggling reading all your comments on what next to be his character in the future projects. Same as you olls guys I am also excited waiting for his next project. Hope he will select well and not turn to be all boring drama. I trust him in picking up the character. But sigh! It seems that not to be anytime soon....I wish I can fly to Singapore since it is only my next door country.  But still, I am too stingy and too lazy to "handle" all difficulties in attending the FM. :grimace:...

His attire with the loose and white long trousers - I really love to see him in that attire...What! Smoking! Is he not the real smoker right?  I hate smoker.:dizzy: 

Indeed Se Jong still looks green. Please, he is too green to act in that kind of $%$^$^ movie :confounded:..Because of you guys I also checked out the REAL of Kim Soo Hyun :confounded::astonished: gosh! Now I cannot think of him without linking to that scene. I heard that movie's audience receptions was not good! What a waste of naked lol :ph34r::ph34r:.

• LOL 3

@mademoisellesia OMG.. HAHA.. Fats on face can make you cute and much younger though.. Don't worry.. 

Ooohh I liked Baby Driver though.. It's like a cult movie..  :grimace:

Japanese dramas will really make you cry.. The episodes are not long and mostly its all well written.. I'm just not a fan of their hairstyles sometimes.. I haven't watched a Jdorama for a long time now..

Korean movies was the first one that made me enter Kdrama.. Then Kdrama made me enter Kpop. My firsts are 'My Little Bride' and 'My Tutor Friend'. I found the stories cute and unique. Nowadays, K-movie plots are getting heavy.. I wish they could return to those feel good romantic comedy movies. 

That Hanbam interview was quite cute.. The interviewer seems nice to tell him that they share the same birth year.. :blush:

About the advertisement, you're right, I think although he is a rising star, Samsonite Red must have booked him cheaper than their old models. Just look at the price of his FM in SG.. Park Seojoon did FM in the same venue and the price is much higher. I envy those who could see him personally during these times as he'll be much expensive in the later years.. :bawling: 

Harper's Bazaar photos are nicely taken... This is why stars should fly in a different country when doing a photoshoot..

Spoiler

Anyone here who got disappointed to know that Se Jong smokes? I'm personally not a fan of smokers but what can we do? It's his body.. It's just that I worry for his health.. 

I was quite contemplating before because I could see some traces of smoking in his lips upon watching his earlier interviews. Now I had confirmed it.. Most Korean men smokes so this is not new..

Everyone please don't curse me if that info about Se Jong already finishing his service is wrong.. It's from a pann post that I read...  :bawling:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

@Jusyed You should consider since you're so closeby, else like @neehr said, once his popularity rises, it'll be even more pricey. I contemplated (like I always do for all biases), but I'm too far away & inflexible to do a weekend trip. I often dream we've the capability of opening a door & we're already at the destination we wanna be.

@neehr The last Jdrama I saw lately was "Caution, Hazardous Wife". I've gotten bored of their formulaic and repeated "solve the mystery" plots.

I think the interviewer tried to help Se Jong relax by telling him they're the same age. Immediately, he's all "Hey!" - haha. This one is cut from the Hanbam preview and the angle take is different.

Re: Harper's Bazaar

The trip might be sponsored by Samsonite Red that's why he could go all the way to Berlin.

@Jusyed @neehr :ph34r:

Spoiler

tenor.gif

Me. I was devastated BTS for days. broken-heart-yahoo-emoticon.gif?13019489  Then I went into two denial stages. LOL

Stage 1: Hoping it was just a photoshoot prop since there's no smoke emitting from the cigarette.

Stage 2: But our very honest boy mentioned it in this interview he tried not to smoke in public when filming TOL as to not create confusion for audiences towards Jung Sun. That got me hoping the translations were wrong, but I checked quandraple times... unfortunately it's not a mistranslations. So @Jusyed you have your answer. Both my grandfathers passed away from lung diseases so I'm anti-smoking too.

But like neehr said, most Korean men smoke.  It's rare to find non-smoker. The only actor we know is Bo Gum. RJY did say he doesn't in the audition, but don't know why I still have doubts. @neehr Can you tell if Park Hyung Sik & Jung Hae In smoke? I'm now staring at an HD pic of Se Jong's lips trying to see how to tell, hahahaha! The problem with Korea is they sell the actors with clean, non-smoking type images but BTS they are all smokers.

@ode2kdramas @aisling @Jusyed laughing-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949000  Oh classic example of curiosity kills the cat. I find it funny coz I watched a version that's poor quality with bad sound. When he was in a scene with Lee Sung Min in the consultation room, I sat closer to the screen to listen, and WHAM - I got flashed...

Spoiler

... by his bum. i-dont-want-to-see-yahoo-emoticon.gif?13That was really unexpected. But then I thought, "Oh wow, that's really Do Min Joon's bum!" oh-go-on-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949004  I think "Real" is an acquired taste. It's probably an abtract type of art only a minority people can appreciate. I sure don't and wanted my time back.

@ode2kdramas I think Se Jong is all ready for Real alright. He's not as innocent as he looks. Those kisses in TOL are too pro to be innocent, heh. hee-hee-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301948998 He's probably tried it all; the bad stuff. Why oh why all Korean men are alcoholics and smokers? at-wits-end-yahoo-emoticon.gif?130194899

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

@mademoisellesia  Oohh the title sounds quite makjang (Caution, Hazardous Wife) hehe.. :grimace:

Why do I feel like Se Jong looks particularly shorter than he looks in dramas during SBS Drama Awards?  Is it because of his tuxedo? The way he was styled?? It's weird... Maybe because he really is quite chubby nowadays..  HAHA

Spoiler

Oohh I'm sorry to know that.. Smoking really is bad.. My siblings are asthmatic so it was really great that my father had managed to stop smoking.. I just don't like the smell of smoke.. but weirdly enough I remember I like the smell of unlit cigarette.. :blush:

You know what, the first time I saw the pic I was quite shocked.. Then his Korean fan asked if it really was tobacco in his mouth and the other fan replied yes.. The magazine interview confirmed it.. ooh gosh.. All these fantasies.. But I think he's OK with that kind of breaking fantasies coz what he prioritize is to be honest as a person.. At the end of the day, no matter what role he has played.. he has to come back to his self as Se Jong.. Still this is not a good thing if he wants to live longer right? But, then, who am I to say anything.. :bawling:

For these stars it will be better to list the non smokers as to smokers... The list will be so long if we want to mention smokers.. I think most actresses also smokes.. I'm not sure with Hyung Sik as he also sings and does musical.. I think he will be smart enough to not try smoking if he wants to preserved his voice.. (TBH Park Hyunsik really became handsomer after he got those new pair of teeth right? aka veneers?, HOHO- just my gossips) For Jung Hae In, not sure also, one thing I noticed was that, his teeth are quite yellowish in WYWS.. :grimace: 

To know who smokes or not, especially when you see them up close,.. their gums will usually be black and the lips will have stains.. 

Se Jong being innocent.. HAHA.. The boy doesn't look like one.. Also he mentioned, his dating experiences are all older than him.. So that's ahmmn.. But sometimes he looks like an innocent puppy then all of a sudden he'll look like super manly... :expressionless:

• LOL 2

@neehr :D It's the tux and pants. The tux makes him look bulky on the top & pants is too short.

Actually it's not makjang at all. It's a bit like Mr. & Mr. Smith. She was an ex-agent and decided to seek a normal life. Met a man, married him & live happily in a neighbourhood, but soon bad things happen & she tried to help the wives with her skills.

Spoiler

Oh I'm like you too. I used to smell unlit cigarette in my grandpa's room when I was little!

No, they still smoke even if they are singers. That's what I don't get because I would think they want to protect their vocal cords. But musical actors such as Jo Jung Suk and Ji Chang Wook, or singers like PSY, Big Bang, G-Dragon, EXO's Tao and Sehun smoke.

Duel published HD pics of Se Jong's pics, I looked... his gums and teeth colours look normal :( unless they are photoshop. I think I'm still looking for ways to deny this 'smoking truth'... hahahahahaha. Damn that boy. Stop smoking and he can worry less about when he'll die! Tsk! :angry:

You know all the dirts on this boy's past, rofl.gif  I hope it doesn't scare @Jusyed away. laughing-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949000&k  Boys are so.. I don't know how to say...they seem to be so experience already at age 25. Do kids these days start dating at 14 and then just have many relationships after? 14 to 25, that's about 10 years of experience on love/relationships.

• LOL 1

Have you seen "Woman in the Sun" guys? I would like Sejong to play like the lead girl there by which she played a protagonist and antagonist, a very shady character but each episode you will sympathise with him. Because of the dark and unfair past from his family background (not a real son in the family like in the drama, and never got attention from his father since childhood), he is very envious of his kind brother (for example) and will do everything to be happy and see him failing and even getting his girl in a nasty way, like the way Jo In Sung treats Ha Ji Won in What Happened in Bali. It would be nice to see him like someone you will constintently hate and love at the same time.

• Like 1

That’s one of the most surprising things I found about Korean celebrities. While Hollywood celebrities live their private lives freely and they don’t exactly hide who they’re dating, it’s quite different for K-celebs. It’s been only last 3-4 years that K-celebrities are more open about dating publicly. All K-celebs seem extremely polite when they’re are on TV. It’s like their public persona, not really them. They all seem the same - polite, hardworking, praising others etc. So it’s hard to see “the real them” beneath their persona. As you all mentioned above, all of them are presented with clean boy image, that’s why it’s so shocking to find out that they’re smoking, drinking and dating like ordinary people. I remember how bewildered I was when I found out my back then favorite actors smoked in real life. 

So now even though I’m disappointed that SJ smokes too, I’m not so surprised because most of Korean men smokes. He even admitted he dated older women, so maybe he’s not so innocent as we think   B)

• Like 2

@mademoisellesia Not a fan of his tux that night.. and his hair.. I'd prefer to see him with a brushed up hair like Dr. Lee Young Sub from Duel.. It's suits him.. Colored hair doesn't suit him.. Also he looks great with black... But brushed up hair will not do that night as he is sporting chubby cheeks.. HAHA..

You know what, I think he'll be a good replacement for Yoon Dujun in Let's Eat 3.. Although I'm not sure if Dujun's not going to do the next season anymore... 

Ooohh that Jap Drama looks great.. I'll check the trailer... :grimace:

Spoiler

That's the sad thing really.. We wouldn't know their habits unless there's some photo or unless they reveal it themselves.. Lots of idols whose supposed to be singers also smoke.. Sad truth.. I commend those celebs who stopped smoking for their health and family such as Kang Hodong and Yoo Jaesuk...

Ooohh you also like the smell of it? Really weird right?.. but once it is lit..Oooh God.. Don't go near me.. deal breaker tbh..

Se Jong's gums aren't that red.. But he has nice teeth.. Probably braces? I like those little vampire canines.. I'm such a teeth fetish actually.. One of the first things that I notice in a person..

Oohh.. and his death stance.. HAHA.. It's quite cute to see that he cares about life and the meaning of it... I hope he meets great people along the way.. Its quite shocking but a truthful idea.. No one knows when he/she will die.. This man can be truthful and weird.. But please boy.. Stop your smoking habits as I don't want your lungs to be damaged.. :cold_sweat:

He is from boys school right? Imagine all of the frustrations.. Boys are really much more advanced than girls... I remember all these pervy things that my guy schoolmates already knew when I was in highschool.. I was like, "How did you even know those things?".. Boys are playful and naturally curious.. 

I think Se Jong mentioned in an interview that people quite know him in the uni.. So when some woman wants to meet up with him he'd always agree and not reject.. This makes me curious.. There are quite a few number of celebs that came from KNUA.. I wonder if he knows some of them? :glasses:

EDIT: Whuaaat?? The FM was cancelled?? What was that local unforeseen event?? Hul.. This boy should just take the time to go to his travel plans.. I wouldn't mind to wait for his comeback a little further.. I also don't think there are some good scripts that would match him anyway.. Don't want to see him in some American drama remakes which I kind of feel will be the trend for Kdrama this year... :bawling:

• Like 1

@YoonShiYoonFan Never seen that drama, but it sounds very melo and a bit makjang coz of the birth secret & revenge bit. It's not very melodramatic, is it? I'm not a huge fan of overly melo type. It gets too depressing, not something I want to watch to getaway from real life. But then if Se Jong really takes on such drama, I suppose I will still try & see if I will like it.

@neehr It seems like a general consensus that all fans prefer his Sung Hoon's hairstyle. So do I. I also like it when he wears it straight. Dr. Lee Young Seob's hair made him look older, don't you think? I think it'll need a bit more styling, so it looks like Exhibit A or Exhibit B. I didn't mind it after his Do In Beom's hairstyle got longer, he looked pretty good—I like it short and neat (plus he looked extra cute like that ↓).

18EGsQb.gif

Spoiler

It's not weird, I think the leaves genuinely smell nice when unlit, lol. But no one should light it with me nearby unless they have a death wish, and that includes Se Jong. Can't they just drink it like tea rather than smoke it, hahahaha! Seriously, it stinks so bad.

Boys share infos and explore more. I learnt a lot "insights" by hanging out with boys back then. Those who has a partner can always drill their partners on this, lol. :D I do like to learn what goes on in their minds coz it's interesting & different to girls.

LOL, him doing Let's Eat 3? Because he likes to eat? What do you guys think of this drama?

Spoiler

There is a rumour that the other 2 casts would be Se Jong and Choi Woo Sik. Source unknown. I hope it is false. For one, the age gap will stir up negative criticisms like what Radio Romance is going through. Not looking forward to it. For two, it's romance. I prefer he does a non-romance next, and more importantly, the actress is still too young, so any intimate scenes will be very PG. Knowing he can kiss so well, this would become very unsatisfying... haha

FM - my guess is not enough sales. I think it's a good thing it got cancelled. It's too early for him & too ambitious for SG. They should do a survey like Taiwan before going forward with a venue that holds 1000 people. Taiwan wanted to invite him over, but they couldn't get 500 signatures. Not a bad thing, now he can definitely go on his one way ticket trip!

• Like 2

Spoiler

The source of the casting rumor is unknown, so it may be someone's wishful thinking. If the rumors became true, I wouldn't be concerned about age difference. Because his male lead in  Moonlight Drawn By Clouds Park Bogum was 93 er. There wasn't a problem about age difference for K-netz. Kim Yoo Jung is good at creating chemistry with his male leads. My views could be subjective, because i really like her. I really Choi Woo Shik, too.

Ah, the new love of my life, Yang Sejong!

I didn't manage to finish Doctor Kim, but I've seen him in the drama quite a few times. Maybe I'll finish it if I have the time, I actually really love Yoo Yeonseok and Seo Hyunjin too.

I first watched him in Duel and he really amazed me. He managed to play both his characters with amazing depth, he convinced me that the two people are totally two different characters although he played both of them. I'm just soooo in love. His eyes speak, and I really love that.

I stopped watching Temperature of Love after 10 episodes because I just couldn't stand the story anymore, but he was also beyond wonderful there. On Jungseon is a well-written character. Loved his chemistry with Hyunjin too!

Now I'm waiting for him to accept offers, I miss seeing him on screen already. 

• Like 1

@mademoisellesiaYour denial stage is really relatable.

Spoiler

First of all, I really dislike the alcoholic not because it is not part of my culture but because it is more do bad than it does do good. But knowing Korean I totally understand that habit. My experience in handling 10 batches of Korean universities' students who came to my workplace to attend courses here really make me understand that. They drunk during their last stay here like there is no tomorrow, but I rarely saw them smoking probably because I was the organizer so they hide it lol!. Furthermore, my colleague who studied in Korea said that Korean drink alcohol like drinking plain water (i am not sure whether this is exaggerated or not). Drink alcohol is part of their daily life, so I guess smoking is also part of their life, and yes as someone here said it is his body, well we cannot do anything about that.I will have to just accept that.

Just like your family, one of the causes of the death of my father was also due to heavy smoking, and now my elder brother, my 2 younger brothers and many of relatives are smokers..... :bawling:

So I guess I just have to endure that if I want to keep watching him acting, well I will just focus on his drama character rather than true himself. He doesn't look like he is a smoker, isn't it? His lip look so fresh and rosy, and his teeth and the gum also looks pinkish, or is it a photoshop :grin:?

Ha ha on his dirt pass.... well what can I do...he is a normal young man I guess. As much as he has innocent and puppy look, he is not haha. I am sure he is willing to do just what Kim Soo Hyun did in  that REAL movie. I just hope he won't do it anytime soon.

Spoiler

I hope he learnt something from Jo In Sung who went hiatus for long time after the Frozen Flower. Some fans just don't like their bias to just do whatever for the sake of acting....

I want to scream with excitement if he really play along with Kim Yoon Joon, but I know I cannot be too excited since  this is only rumour of those who are wishful thinking as @lizabeth1234 said. I probably one of those wishful thinking person :grimace: but for now I am not putting any hope in this. Keep calm and wait.....:heart:.

Se Jong looks chubby during the Award and yes his tuxedo seems small for him and he looks shorter than usual. TBH he is more handsome when he is slim down like he was in TOL. I am sure he will actively slim down his body again for the next project. Fighting!

@neehr well look like he is good to replace Yoon Doo Joon in Let's Eat 3. Just like Seo Hyun Jin he knows how to be good in portraying a character of eating a lot hehe.

• Like 1

@Jusyed I think they drink alcohol like drinking water is very true. Maybe because SK is cold & alcohol can keep warm? I'm guessing this was one of the reasons, but slowly it also evolves into a social thing, peer pressure and/or addiction/hobby. Se Jong likes wines, and 'enjoy' tasting wines so I guess that's a little different? Drinking wine with a meal is ok, but not party drunk and wasted.

Spoiler

*Hugs* - for you and me. Sorry to hear about your dad. I'm saddened that even after that it didn't prompt your brothers to quit & take good care of their own healths. :(  My immediate family only one uncle I know is smoking. All others don't.

As for Se Jong, we don't know whether he's a heavy smoker or a social smoker. With his acting style & continuous working non-stop, smoking may be helping him relieve all that stress. But that's no excuse coz it's still bad, just that there's nothing we can do. I've imagined if I'm my biases' cody, I'll secretly steal their cigarette pack & cut all the cigarettes each time they buy them (*Shhhh they don't need to know, hehehe). For Se Jong, I'll tell him he can drink but "smoking andwae!!"

Aigoo ma, would anyone eat this??? I just want to put it away & stare, LOL.

• Like 2

@mademoisellesia I will just keep it in my freezer and stare it whenever I miss Se Jong lol!.

What kind of cookie/cake is that?
it looks beautifully delicious since Se Jong is there.

I agree with you that the ticket sale was not encouraging hence the cancellation. Se Jong needs to wait for his drama to be very popular inside and outside Korea than only chances will just come by itself!.  In other words, he needs to start his new project soon- don't be like Bo Gum because he is so popular already.

I think and hope he is only a social drinker and also enjoying tasting wines. Don't get too drunk, please :ph34r:! Ha ha If you are his Cody, please make the cigarette disappear.  Ha ha I can imagine, after rummaging his place/beg to find his cigarette and found none, he will ask you to buy him a new one.... ooppps ! :grimace:...what will do then? 

• LOL 1

@Jusyed It's (printed) macarons. I wonder how they do it? But it contains a LOT of sugar.

If he asks me to buy new one, I'll first tell him...

Spoiler

... both my grandfathers' story. Tell him how sad it was and painful.

2600.png

Then I'll cry & tell him how much I don't want to see him become like that too...

2601.png

Then I'll flash him this look:

Spoiler

AS000999_06.gif

I'm sure after that he'll not ask me to buy for him. :tongue:

• LOL 3