Yang Se Jong ✿ 양세종 ✿ 梁世宗

mademoisellesia

[YouTube] 2017.12.14 iMBC Star Making: Yang Se Jong, This Year's Drama King (Super Rookie)

source: Msooni

I may not add translations because as far as I can understand, the questions & answers are the same as his other interviews.

Edit:

One to two interesting parts, although part of it we should already know if you've read all pages from this thread.

1) When he was in high school, his personality at the time was where he is sensitive when people see his shyness. Although not sure how this relates to him watching Snow Drops and wanting to become an actor. He said he was crying watching it; he looked around and saw others crying too. That's when he thought, "Ah... the actors made these people cry." and it made him want to act.

2) He talked about the difficulty changing between Sung Joon and Sung Hoon when filming Duel. He needed to change between them in a short time, and that at first was hard. Soon he found a way, like a spell or hypnotic method, where he'd keep chanting "It's not me...it's not me, ahjussi" to become Sung Joon and "I'll kill you... I'll kill you" to become Sung Hoon.

Edited by mademoisellesia
Added two interesting tidbits
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

So I think Kim So Hyun and Chae Soo Bin may be the only younger ones that could match him, or else it'll have to be Park Bo Young and Kim Go Eun who are both 1-2 years older than him (but they are at least around his age).

Hi, just want to express myself when I read this part.

I've been checking this thread  from time to time, since I've discovered him in Duel. And yes, i very much agree that YSJ should work with KSH in a project soon. His acting in Duel was superb, that I can't help remembering KSH dual roles as well in WAYS  2015. They have the same passion and intensity in acting that left me amazed and convinced me of their diff roles.

Thanks for everyone who're translating his interviews, I get an image of a free-spirited, caring, mature, honest & intelligent person in YSJ the way he answers and since the moment I read one of his interviews here, I honestly wished that he can meet KSH in real life. Sorry for posting abt it in an actor thread, but I want to share my inputs on this.

Sejong, fighting~! :heart:

• Like 4

[Upcoming Event] 2018 First Love Yang Se Jong Fan Meeting in Singapore!

Other links: StarSpeed Instagram / StarSpeed Entertainment Official Website / StarsSpeed Weibo

crazya_thumb.gifcrazya_thumb.gifcrazya_thumb.gifcrazya_thumb.gif  Unbelievable!!! He's already going to have his first fan meet and it is in Singapore. Nooooo, go back to act pleaseeeee. Looks like he will take at least a couple more months of rest. Actors who held FM usually prepare singing and dancing, is he going to do that too? sk_thumb.gif

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

[Fan Pic] 2017.11.02 China Baidu Yang Se Jong Bar's Food Support HD Pictures on Temperature of Love's Set

dtVolCJ.jpg

Spoiler

SHlh6Pr.jpg
qO9HGKl.jpg
EpVidwm.jpg

NOTE: Cropping of watermark and editing of pictures are strictly prohibited by YangSeJong_BaiduBar. Also when share elsewhere, please credit back to the fansite.

Source: YangSeJong_BaiduBar

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

Unbelievable!!! He's already going to have his first fan meet and it is in Singapore. Nooooo, go back to act pleaseeeee. Looks like he will take at least a couple more months of rest. Actors who held FM usually prepare singing and dancing, is he going to do that too?

Ooh my goodness! I guess that will not be only Singapore then? Indonesia? Philippines? I hope this FM meeting will not make him another Park Bo Gum (one instance). I say Park Bo Gum because he spent a lot of his time for the FM and other non drama/movie projects and never come back to acting until now...it is a sad fact right. Probably he has his own reason for turning down many acting offers. Well I will check him out on his next acting project for sure. 

@mademoisellesia I guess his agency (and other actors' ) is taking advantage of his/their fame to gain more profit (definately actors will get their fair share too). And there will be  a lot of money!  Honestly why I did not miss Park Bo Gum on screen is because I can't seem to watch him with other actress other than Kim Yoo Jung (haha I am laughing at my shipper heart).  That's why I don't mind that he does not go onscreen. His chemistry on and off screen with Kim Yoo Jung is so good that my heart is so weak to see him with other actress. I watched him only in MDBC but I can say he is superb actor and leave a very deep impression on me. But come to think of it, now I am all ready to watch him with any actress in his next project. :grin:

However as for Yang Se Jong this is my first time that I like an actor for the acting and acting and don't mind seeing him with another actresses in other projects. As @aisling , I am another one like you, totally struck by his acting, first in RDTK I considered him as the scene stealer that glue my eyes me on him. It was my first time watching him and he did not fail to impress me but I didn't really follow him after that. Only after I discovered that he will be acting with my bias Seo Hyun Jin in TOL, I totally follow his story and watching him in all episodes without fail. And despite many viewers left the show, I sticked to it till the end just because my love for both the OTP. And indeed both Yang Se Jong and Seo Hyun Jin again have left a very deep impression on their sincere acting to my heart. I am all excited to follow all his next projects. 

@mademoisellesiaI am so impress that you did all the translation. You can read and understand Hangul ya, can't you? I will give you all my support for you to woo Yang Se Jong...go girl, go girl. And don't forget to invite us for you wedding day... :heart:.. Since Yang Se Jong will be coming to Singapore , there will be an opportunity to meet him ya....yes @supergal99 your cuties will be coming down....what else book a ticket now....don't miss the chance.... lol. 

Well I have read all your translation of YSJ articles/interviews, what I want to say is:

1. Indeed he is a rookie monster as claimed and he deserves to be called by this nicknamed.

2. When he has been asking himself especially where is YSJ, my thinking is that, it is  a process of growing up and maturing himself. People do change after meeting some people, some experiences, listening to other advices etc, especially for YSJ when he has been immersing himself in other character for months. Somehow it will effect to his way looking at life, his way of thinking and most importantly his way of carrying himself infront of others. Like it or not he does change and the change is not bad it can be good for self development. 

3. I remember seeing his shy face during the TOL press conference and his shy face was genuine and adorable too. But what happened post TOL? I can see he evolves and gone is his shy face and he speaks with confident, free spirited and not controlled. Because of that he looks just like an ordinary people and I love him for this fact. Hope he will maintain this outlook and be himself.  But as Mademoisellesia pointed out, he needs rest and hair cut too hehe. Get your own personal stylist please...hehe. 

4. He is indeed a humble person. He gives all credits  to Seo Hyun Jin. I am sure this come from the bottom of his heart. Yes he is lucky to be paired for his first love theme drama with Seo Hyun Jin who is  well known to act with all her heart. 

5 . Despite being an impulsive and an honest person I am glad that he talks about others with cautious. Keep up your good habit Yang Se Jong. 

6. Even he is not aiming for award, I hope he will not turn down invitations to attend any award ceremony especially the upcoming SBS Awards 2017. Ha ha don't miss out the timing to attend this when you are planning for your oversea trips.

@mademoisellesia last time I did write quite  a lengthy comment to be posted in this thread but while typing suddenly something happening and all gone in one second :dissapointed_relieved:..and  I got fed up and stop writing for a while. Hope you will keep on writing in this thread, i read and will read all of it. Hungry for YSJ news..... :blush:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

[Upcoming Event] 2018 First Love Yang Se Jong Fan Meeting in Singapore!

crazya_thumb.gifcrazya_thumb.gifcrazya_thumb.gifcrazya_thumb.gif  Unbelievable!!! He's already going to have his first fan meet and it is in Singapore. Nooooo, go back to act pleaseeeee. Looks like he will take at least a couple more months of rest. Actors who held FM usually prepare singing and dancing, is he going to do that too? sk_thumb.gif

whoa..came back home to this..Lady M your worst nightmare has come true? So quick? the agency is quick to cash on his popularity. But what you think are the chances of having Seo Hyun Jin as his special guest?:lol: if SHJ is his special guest then I will buy ticket to his fanmeet kkkk (but I think the chances are zero -_-)

@supergal99 so close to home! you sure you are not going? your only chance to see him LIVE! but omg look at those ticket prices (if PSJ is any to go by) That's why SHJ doesn't want to hold fanmeet, bec she doesn't want fans to spend that kind of money, but she will do fansign...

• Thanks 1

Wow, he is indeed a monster rookie :lol: Landing two leading roles in less than a year after debuting is really spectacular. It doesn’t happen that often, right? Even popular actor like Kim Soo Hyun took years to gain such recognition. But then again, whoever in film and TV industry saw Duel must want to work with him. I still rewatch some Duel scenes because I can’t get over how good he is there. Especially in the beginning whenever Sung Hoon smiled it was so creepy I got chills haha. I was thinking how someone so handsome can be creepy at the same time.

Sadly I had to drop ToL. I heard a lot people left the show and it was the same with me. I managed to watch till episode 10 and then read recaps for the other 10 episodes. I guess I don’t really have patience for overly melodramatic shows. 

@mademoisellesia

Seem like we have similar taste in dramas. Forest of Secrets is probably the best K-drama I’ve ever watched. I would only repeat what others have said about this brilliant show and I’m also praying for season 2. Signal tugged all my heartstrings, though I’m still mad our three leads didn’t reunite at the end, it definitely left door for another season. I could picture him with either cast. Don’t you think he also would be really irresistible as masked vigilante like City Hunter or Healer? His action scenes in Duel were impressive, he can pull off action roles well. He will probably pick some juicy sageuk in the future. 

About his looks - he looked different to me in Romantic Doctor, but that’s probably because of different hairstyle and color, he also lost “baby face fat” :) Otherwise he looks natural to me. I burst out laughing when he said in ToL “that his looks isn’t much” I had to roll my eyes lol. 

• Like 4

@Jusyed Ah really? Sorry to hear you lost your long post. I thought it would remember it for you if you're using PC. Mine does that, but I always make sure to copy & paste if I'm navigating between pages.

Spoiler

It'll only be Singapore for now. His popularity hasn't reached the stage where he has enough people attending FM. I'm still in awe why it's in Singapore, not Korea first. Singapore must have invited him too. In order for these things to work, it needs to have obvious profit they can earn to have him over. Ah well, not gonna crack my brain on this. He won't be like PBG either, coz popularity not that high yet.

I'm always ready to watch any biases onscreen. Both Se Jong and Bo Gum are versatile enough, they don't have to do romance all the time so it may not have an actress lead in their next project. Even if there is, I'm ok not to have romance.

Yeah, I like the nickname "Monster Rookie" more than "Melo Jang-In" (Romance Expert) for him. But I also know Korean media is full of exaggerated boasting and praising for actors currently being liked by K-netizens. When they find someone new, they are quick to forget the previous and crown a new monster rookie, lol.

Se Jong's shyness comes with first meeting someone, I believe. Once he's gotten to know them better, he becomes comfortable. I think that's what we saw in recent interview videos. He wasn't shy too if you watch the videos on 1st page in this thread. One of my favourites is the one he plays the game, hehehe.

@angel2013 pcmoren_tanshou_thumb.png  I'm speechless with this FM.

@aisling Re: Landing lead role in <1 year. I wonder if he's the 1st in entertainment history. Probably not or else the media will boast about it, but it's definitely impressive and Knets are supportive because he really did showcase a sensational performance in Duel. Omo I'm like you, I still rewatch Duel from time to time, just to re-live how awesome he was in it.

HAHAHA, at least you saw two of his best kissing scenes before dropping :tongue:  I didn't think TOL is very melo in comparison to other melo kdramas, but there are unnecessary melo parts that can be reduced. Around ep14-17, it became depressing which was a horrible feeling for us who saw it live. One lesson learnt after this is never to watch this writer's shows live ever again.

Secret Forest is the best pre-produced Kdrama to date. Season 2 is coming, but we don't know if it'll be the same ensemble casts. What I find impressive is also the writer of Secret Forest is new. Signal is one very awesome crime thriller with awesome casts & crews. Now that they announce season 2 is in the make, I wished all casts would return because I know Cho Jin Woong said he didn't want to do season 2 because he felt really disturbed when filming it. I won't be mad if the trio meet in season 2, haha. Ooohhh yes to masked vigilante and agree on his action scenes. Although it's obvious they use stuntman, but I think coz he knows Taekwondo, so that really helped with his action scenes and make the moves look convincing. 

@aineofcebu :thumbsup:  I look forward to the day KSH and YSJ meet in the same project. In fact, I think he should work with all the fours I've mentioned above in future. Together, they will create different sparks and chemistry and most importantly, I want to see them duel it out with their acting!

• Like 3

[2017.12.10] Yang Se Jong Talks about Degree of Love, His co-star and His Drama Character.

by L. Kim

GulgtGW.jpg

Actor Yang Se Jong recently sat down for an interview and discussed various aspects of his latest drama “Degree of Love.”

Yang Se Jong addressed the criticism about the drama’s script. He shared, “One of the reasons why I liked the script of ‘Degree of Love’ was because the characters’ conversations actually happen in real life. For example, couples may have a normal conversation like, ‘Did you eat?’ ‘Yes I did.’ Then suddenly, if one of them confesses ‘I love you,’ the other person will say, ‘What’s gotten into you?’ The script of ‘Degree of Love’ is exactly like that.” He added, “All the lines weren’t just read. There were natural emotions that followed with them, so we tried our best to act with those sentiments.”

Yang Se Jong was also asked about his teamwork with his co-star Seo Hyun Jin. He replied, “The chemistry with Seo Hyun Jin was very good. If our characters looked good together, it was all thanks to her. She has the ability to make herself seem like the character. That’s an innate [skill]. All throughout the drama, I saw her as Lee Hyun Soo, and thanks to that, I could focus as Ohn Jung Seon.”

The interviewer mentioned that his character Ohn Jung Seon chose Lee Hyun Soo instead of Ji Hong Ah (Jo Bo Ah). When asked who he would choose between the two as himself, Yang Se Jong chose Lee Hyun Soo.  He said, “I’ve never met someone like Lee Hyun Soo in my life. She’s grateful for the small things, and she’s even thankful for the things that aren’t thankful. She’s a woman who makes an effort to overcome any problems that come her way. If someone like Lee Hyun Soo appears in my life, I’ll choose love over work.”

When asked if his love method was similar to his character’s, the actor replied, “It’s different. There’s a huge difference between Yang Se Jong’s love method and Ohn Jung Seon’s love method. If there’s someone I love, I won’t ask if she’ll go out with me right away. I’ll question myself over and over again if my feelings of liking her are real. When I’m sure that my feelings for her aren’t wrong through the process of meeting up, talking, and getting to know each other, that’s when I’ll tell her that I love her.”

source: Sedaily Part 1 via soompi

• Like 3

[News] 2017.12.10 Yang Se Jong "Cancel it. Twe Twe Twe. Something good will happen"

5f9cx5t.jpg

Translation: mademoisellesia

= Omitted repeated content =

Q: It's good that you are working hard, but isn't it exhaustive and tiring? Do you have any physical (body) fitness tips?

A: I don't have any tips. That's why there was a time I had a bloody nose in the shower, I think it's when I was filming Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim. Originally bleeding tends to stop after a while, but that time it was bleeding non-stop when I was having a hot shower. The amazing thing was afterwards, I felt fresh and relaxed. Somehow (I think) something was piling up then. And then two days later, I had another bloody nose, but my head was spinning that day. Luckily this incident never happen again. People said to me, "We thought you had a good stamina, but instead you have a strong mental power". (My) mental power seems to be abnormally good.

Q: I think it would be hard working like that. Was there anything hard to do while acting?

A: The fact is there was nothing hard. It's only the process of "making" was hard. Although it was depressing and lonely to lock myself inside the little dark room, analysing the script, but it got better once I'm at the set. Not only I could feel the energy from other actors, but having to work with the staff is a happy thing. It's really good.

Q: You've been busy (working) in 2017. You could have rested in the middle, but why did you insist on continuing?

A: Because I am human, I also wanted a rest, but in the end I chose to act when my heart beats for the script. To be honest when Temperature of Love finished, I was wavering between "resting" and "working". If there is a script that would make my heart beat, without any hesitation, I think I will 'run' again.

The next question relates to his talks about what his daily routine is. See post: Here

Q: Sometimes spending your time like this, bad things can also happen. How do you deal when such thing happens?

A: When something bad happen, I would say, "Cancel it. Twe twe twe (like spitting sound), good thing will happen." I will tell those who encounter bad things to remember saying this and something good will definitely happen.

Note: Similar to when we say 'touch wood'.

Q: What is your dream?

A: I don't have a dream. I don't know when I'll die (laugh). A lot of people ask what kind of actor I want to be and each time I'll say, "I want to be a person who does a good job at what is given". That is the motto of my life. If there must be one then I want to be happy. Although it sounds like I'm making a fuss over nothing, but (I wish) Yang Se Jong would laugh a little more.

Q: Are there any characters you would like to play?

A: I'm open to all possibilities. I don't have the, "Ah, I must do this character" kind of thoughts. Even if I live till 90 years old, there will still be a lot of characters I haven't tried. So I won't set a limitation and is open to all possibilities.

The above news post is part 1 and this is part 2, so I thought it'd be good they go hand-in-hand.

source: Sedaily Part 2 via Meat Zong

• Like 3

[Instagram] 2017.12.16 Chris Christy Fan Sign Event - Part 1

This boy's fingers is going to suffer from cramp because his signaure is too long. It started off with him greeting everyone, then there's a short photo session with the fans. He looks nervous and lost, lol. He then moved on to some signing and then he disappeared and came out without the coat and in new attire. A bodyguard was fanning him, means it must be hot sitting under the spotlight. The bodyguard would give him a name card from the fan and he'd start off with writing To: XXX and move on to signing. Time is limited so the fans can only talk to him while he is signing. There was a girl who dress in raindeer (I presume, can't see the whole suit), and that made him crack up with a 'hee hee hee'. Hopefully this scene is captured on video or HD pics. The live streaming was pretty blur most of the time (although I can still spot a huge pimple on his right cheek). So these will be it until we have HDs! 

Spoiler

yvv2I3G.jpg?1

l0zuqxT.jpg?1
6z0uJEj.jpg?1

source: Chris Christy Live on Instagram

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

[Instagram] 2017.12.16 Chris Christy Fan Sign Event - Part 3

Oh boy, his laughter...hahaha, so cute. @goodsoup You won't wanna miss this one :D

Spoiler
Can't make out everything, but he said "What am I that you all...*can't make out* thank you and really thank you all, really." And he said it's cold and that everyone not to catch a cold, thank you very much, and be careful going back...

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Such a cutie :wub: His laugh was really cute, did you guys hear what made him laugh? I guess he’ll be busy with fan meetings and fan sigh events now. I wonder when we’ll see him onscreen again... I want to watch RDTK but it’s hard to watch when your bias is a second lead. I hope at least he’s not a pathetic second lead i  that drama.

• Like 2

@mademoisellesiathanks for the update of the live fan signing. I didn't get to catch the live telecast but I am watching the uploaded one. Haha this new world is seems new to him. Glad to see him. This is his really world now...it beginning to hit him....he has so many fans in Korea as well as internationally...wish him the best and please stay to be always acting and be a good actor. 

He he is so cute..his laughing is cute too....such a lucky boy. 

@aislingif you watch RDTK for Yang Se Jong you will be a bit disappointed but at least you can watch his growth in his acting. He is such a scene stealer (at least to me) in RDTK..plus you will be never have time to get bored when watching RDTK. I recommend that you give it a try. I haven't watched Duel yet but will going to watch it for sure. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jusyed said:

@aislingif you watch RDTK for Yang Se Jong you will be a bit disappointed but at least you can watch his growth in his acting. He is such a scene stealer (at least to me) in RDTK..plus you will be never have time to get bored when watching RDTK. I recommend that you give it a try. I haven't watched Duel yet but will going to watch it for sure. 

Oh you haven’t watched Duel yet? If you’re his fan now I wonder how will you react after watching Duel haha. I usually find older k-actors sexier because they’re not so babyfaced compared to their juniors but I have to say YSJ was quite hot in some scenes in Duel. I watched some BTS of him and it cracked me up how intense and focused he was onscreen while offscreen he seems to act his age, shy and quite new to an entertainment world.

I started RDTK because of YSJ but it like it so far, I think I’ll enjoy the drama. I’m looking forward to his scenes stealing moments!

@mademoisellesia I dropped ToL but I still went watching all their sweet moments haha. I have to say I enjoyed bromance more than romance. ToL didn’t catch my attention but it’s probably because I’m not into romance right now. The only romantic drama I truly enjoyed and loved was Go Back Couple.

• Like 4

I don't know what happened to the clips posted so I just went to Chris Christy Instagram page and watched the clips there. Hahaha yeah he laughs, I laugh. Those fans are lucky! I got a shock when I read about the FM in Singapore. So soon? Shouldn't he be busy picking the next project? I need to see him in a new drama as soon as he's done resting! I think Signal 2 is not happening anytime soon since both PD and writer are doing something else. Secret Forest PD is also going to do another thriller with W writer instead. If it wasn't for the writer, I would want him to be in this drama. I didn't like W. But if Secret Forest 2 is really happening, I want him to be a junior prosecutor under Shi Mok hahaha. Or a rookie investigator but I think usually those investigators are older and experienced. Of course, a criminal role is fine too :lol: 

On 12/15/2017 at 3:12 PM, mademoisellesia said:

Unfortunately, Jung Sun is an emotionally controlled and restrained character (in other words, dap dap hae) whereas Sung Hoon/Sung Joon are more expressive. 

The good thing is we can see the subtlety of his acting because Jung Sun is not as expressive as Sung Hoon/Sung Joon. I still can't forget a lot of his heartbreaking/heartbroken expressions. We also can't forget that cute little "갑자기야 (gabjagiya)" of his when his mom yelled at Daniel, can we? :lol: And I think many people (including me and @sakura2016:tongue:) find Jung Sun's character almost perfect, not really dap dap hae at all. Hence that interview question, "Are there men like On Jung Sun that exist in reality?And you ask me if I think Se Jong a natural beauty? I think he is. :wub:

On 12/15/2017 at 3:12 PM, mademoisellesia said:

For me, I think the character an actor portray plays a huge part in appealing us. I find scenario where I could fall out of love of an actor because I didn't like the character he plays.

Same.  

On 12/14/2017 at 7:19 PM, mademoisellesia said:

There have been a lack of talented 20s actresses in the industry. So I think Kim So Hyun and Chae Soo Bin may be the only younger ones that could match him, or else it'll have to be Park Bo Young and Kim Go Eun who are both 1-2 years older than him (but they are at least around his age).

I had my thoughts regarding this but then forgot to write it hahaha. I totally agree about the lack of actresses in their 20s who can match his acting. Kim So Hyun is really good and hopefully they'll get to work together in the next two or three years. I think I've only seen Chae Soo Bin in MDBC and Kim Go Eun in Goblin (which I saw casually on TV) so I don't have a strong opinion about both of them yet. Park Bo Young is my favorite 20 something actress! If Se Jong ever wants to do a romance drama again, she'll be my first choice to act opposite him! I see Se Jong is similar to some of the popular actors who acted opposite actresses who are much older than them in their first romantic leading roles. These actors are also known for their intense acting. For example, Jo In Sung and Jeon Do Yeon (8 years), Hyun Bin and Kim Sun Ah (7 years), Kim Soo Hyun and Han Ga In (6 years). Kim Soo Hyun also worked twice with Jeon Ji Hyun who is 7 years older than him. It still baffles me why people were so worked up about Se Jong and Seo Hyun Jin!

1 hour ago, aisling said:

ToL didn’t catch my attention but it’s probably because I’m not into romance right now

I can relate because before TOL, it was all thriller/mystery shows for me. I just watch those romance/rom-com dramas casually on TV and was fine if I missed a few episodes. But by the time TOL aired, I was ready for it, including the possibility of a sad ending like the book. My sister doesn't like melo either but she likes both YSJ and SHJ so I told her she needs to be in the mood for romance to watch TOL, so she's staying away for now. But it's a good thing you didn't watch it live like us and be depressed or frustrated when Ep15-17 aired.

7 hours ago, Jusyed said:

He is such a scene stealer (at least to me) in RDTK

Not just to you, chingu. Not just to you. :tongue:

• Like 3

[Fan Pic] 2017.12.16 Chris Christy Fan Sign Event

pnjHa45.jpg

Note: Like Yangsejongbar, cropping logo and editing are prohibited. Most fans hate it no matter which fandom, so let us all respect their wishes.

We have first HD! \(♥o♥)/

@Jusyed Sigh, I have to fight against all these girls to get to him. Hahaha. I ♥ how he still doesn't know where to look in the beginning. I might one day get bored of watching him like that, or maybe not I don't know, but right now I think it's funny and cute. :D

@aisling

RDTK is :thumbsup:

I think even without Se Jong the show would still be awesome, but thank god he's in it because his prickly personality added more flavours into the show. I don't know if he'll turn you off, but he never did for me even if he was 'mis-behaving', lol. He's a cutie pie in there or fluffy rice cake, according to goodsoup. :D

Spoiler

Glad you saw the sweet scenes, although I think like goodsoup said, there were certain scenes that absolutely can't be missed because of his acting e.g. ep7 or 14 (I'm scared), ep13 or 26 (emotional outbreak). Coz of Jung Sun's quiet personality, we have to watch him closer & closely to catch those minor details...to which I love. I have a special love for quiet/stoic characters and if done well, it seems to amplify the actors' charm. 

Hmm, I never have a thing where I must have a mood for romance. I'm always ready for romance / rom-com. I just recently marathoned Go Back Couple!! It was good; I really enjoy laughing & crying along in each episode. These were good tears so I was more than willing to shed them, lol.

@goodsoup

Are you using tablet? I couldn't see the IG posts when I use tablet, but they are working on PC. Do you happen to catch what the girl said to Se Jong that made him laughed? I couldn't make it out coz it's too noisy :(  Dying to know what made him laugh. You can tell some fans he already knows so he acts more warmly to them.

Spoiler

True, both SF 2 and Signal 2 won't happen immediately but still I want him to be a part of it. Oh you know what? If he's cameo-ing a criminal role, I want him to be the super smart kind that challenges Shi Mok. Oh my god, my heart is excited just thinking about this! Pleaseeee Drama God, make it happen. In the meantime he can do a movie or a short film (like Park Hyung Sik). I really like the concept of W, enjoyed it, but also wonder if the story would turn out better explained if it was pre-produced.

On 17/12/2017 at 7:49 AM, goodsoup said:

The good thing is we can see the subtlety of his acting because Jung Sun is not as expressive as Sung Hoon/Sung Joon. I still can't forget a lot of his heartbreaking/heartbroken expressions. We also can't forget that cute little "갑자기야 (gabjagiya)" of his when his mom yelled at Daniel, can we? :lol: And I think many people (including me and @sakura2016:tongue:) find Jung Sun's character almost perfect, not really dap dap hae at all. Hence that interview question, "Are there men like On Jung Sun that exist in reality?And you ask me if I think Se Jong a natural beauty? I think he is. 

My response:

CNvcqdd.gif&key=9676d6444d9795653863fa9b

I can't stop staring at this GIF; so cute.

HAHAHA I can't with you two. I was dap dap hae with him coz he couldn't open up quick enough to avoid the impending break up/heartbreak. Although I fully understand, based on the timeline, he needed more time. I was also frustrated with the show dragging out with him looking sad and frowning so much. The sadness on Jung Sun's face is different to Sung Joon's and I couldn't bear it for too long. But I'm sure we can all agree he's a very sweet & thoughtful guy. I like the little things he put in e.g. the orchid when he cooked for her mum. For this, he's scored lotsa brownie points. Are there any men as sweet as Jung Sun? Sadly, I haven't met any in real life. 

On 17/12/2017 at 7:49 AM, goodsoup said:

I had my thoughts regarding this but then forgot to write it hahaha. I totally agree about the lack of actresses in their 20s who can match his acting. Kim So Hyun is really good and hopefully they'll get to work together in the next two or three years. I think I've only seen Chae Soo Bin in MDBC and Kim Go Eun in Goblin (which I saw casually on TV) so I don't have a strong opinion about both of them yet. Park Bo Young is my favorite 20 something actress! If Se Jong ever wants to do a romance drama again, she'll be my first choice to act opposite him! I see Se Jong is similar to some of the popular actors who acted opposite actresses who are much older than them in their first romantic leading roles. These actors are also known for their intense acting. For example, Jo In Sung and Jeon Do Yeon (8 years), Hyun Bin and Kim Sun Ah (7 years), Kim Soo Hyun and Han Ga In (6 years). Kim Soo Hyun also worked twice with Jeon Ji Hyun who is 7 years older than him. It still baffles me why people were so worked up about Se Jong and Seo Hyun Jin!

Chae Soo Bin's role is too small in MDBC, I saw her in Strongest Deliveryman and there were some scenes where I thought she did well. If my memory is correct, I believe she was praised for Rebel—this I didn't watch. Now I'm watching her in I Am Not a Robot and she's doing good with YSH. She may not be as strong in acting as Se Jong, but I think they can still match well. I was impressed by Kim Go Eun in Coin Locker Girl (aka. Chinatown) first, then I saw Cheese in the trap, Goblin & Canola. Maybe try out some of these, goodsoup? My order of choice on these 4 would be:

1) Park Bo Young / Kim Go Eun

2) Kim So Hyun

3) Chae Soo Bin

Couldn't decide on PBY and KGE. They have different styles, which I'm dying to see how it'll fair if acted against Se Jong or other biases. PBY has already paired with JJS and PHS, and they were both a success.

I think some of the complaints are because it's happening in kdramaland so much so that people think it's becoming a trend; that it's not OK to keep pairing noona-dongsaeng. But then again, they also make noise when KYJ and PBG pair up complaining how she's too young and underage. I don't know if there were as many noise about Tacyeon and KSH or KSH and YSH... so hard to please these people, lol. But these people fail to see there're many noona-dongsaeng pairing is because the lack of talented 20s actresses vs 20s actors.

Found some cute Do In Beom's GIFs :wub:LINK

• Like 2