MadraRua

How to create a Gif and post to Soompi. 

You will need a program called Honeycam by Bandisoft Software

Step 1. 

Install the software program. Click on download and wait for the set up exe. to install. You can pay for the full version or you can use it to create 10 sec gifs free. 

XUp2BWW.gif

Step 2. 

Open Viki in your browser, (or any site where you want to view and record the gif.) Find the drama you want to create the gif from and open Honeycam. 

zfIRqHj.gif 

Step 3.

Press REC in the Honeycam tab. Align your viewer to the dimensions you want to record. Don't worry, you can resize your Gif again in the Edit tab. When your ready to capture your Gif, just hit 'Record' in the top right hand side. When you've finished, just click 'Stop'.

W4sTkg2.png

Step 4.

Once you hit 'Stop' you will automatically be brought back to the Edit tab where you can choose to Save your Gif or Edit it further. If you want to reduce the file size, I would recommend editing it more. You can also reduce or increase the image quality in the option on the right hand side. 

c2P8lBS.png

Step 5.

When you enter 'Edit' mode, you will see several options above. You can resize your image, add a watermark, add another picture or transition to your Gif, enhance your picture using the adjustment/filter, or reduce frames. You can also speed up or slow down your Gif. 

hpo8qqj.png

Step 6.

When you've saved your image (press save in the new pop up window) you'll have to wait a few minutes, depending on size, for your image to process. Once it does, press 'Share'. This will upload your Gif to an image sharing website. Again, depending on file size this may take a few moments.

0384IuB.png

Step 7.

Once your Gif has uploaded, press 'Copy' beside the direct link. It will automatically copy the link to your clipboard for you to post here at Soompi. 

EPqvnYB.png

Step 8. 

Paste your link here in your post.... and you're finished! 

r3Xmg7d.gif

How to Create a Gif in Photoshop and Post to Soompi

Photoshop is a great creative tool to edit and make gifs. It's pretty simple to use once you start. I will just be covering the basics of creating a Gif but you will learn as you go along how to make adjustments to the image either frame by frame or in it's entirety. For this tutorial, I will be referencing Windows Movie Maker and Adobe Photoshop CS6. For the latest download of Photoshop CC go to Adobe.com.

Step 1: 

Open Movie Maker and click on the icon in the middle to choose which file to edit. You will need Movie Maker because although it gives you the option to trim video's in Photoshop, I find it more convenient to do so beforehand as you can be more accurate with your selection. The larger a file size you work with in Photoshop, the longer it takes to make adjustments, save etc. 

dMWqsGO.gif

Step 2:

Go the the Edit button and turn the volume off if your video has audio. Choose the selection where you want to trim the video. Once you've that done, hit the set start button and set end button. 

NOiYTr1.gif 

Step 3.

Next you need to save your video clip. Go to the Home tab and select 'save' and 'save to computer'. And that's Movie Maker finished. 

1LvYqyp.gif

Step 4.

Open Photoshop. Go to File and Import. Choose the video frames to layers option. Select your video file. A small screen will pop up giving you the option to trim further or load the entire file. In this instance, I'm choosing from beginning to end. 

I76oRzq.gif 

Step 5.

This is where we adjust our gif further. I'm choosing to crop file. Go to Select and Select all Frames. (This will crop the entire gif otherwise you would only be working with one frame at a time.)  Hit the Crop tool on the left hand side and crop your gif. 

MjyIWb8.gif

We can also adjust the saturation levels, turn it black and white, work on individual frames, add text, slow or speed up frames etc. Once you get used to Photoshop you'll be able to edit your gif further. In this instance, I'm choosing to turn my gif black and white.

gi2cPjj.gif 

Step 6.

When your ready, save your gif. Go to File - Save for Web. A new window will pop up, allowing you to resize your gif, rename etc. You can do this and then hit 'Save'.

jiqj4MI.gif 

Step 7: 

All that's left to do is upload your gif to a file sharing website. I'm choosing Imgur. 

iGDuI4l.gif

Step 8.

Hit copy and paste your link here to Soompi. ^_^

R8jxhnI.gif

How to Create a Gif in Movie Maker and Post to Soompi

You can create gifs for free using Movie Maker. It should come preloaded on Windows 10. 

Step 1

Open Windows Movie Maker and select a video. Double tap the central icon to get started.

KPBtrwE.gif

Step 2.

Go to the Edit tab and mute the video. Select the range of your gif. While in the Edit tab, hit the Set Start Point. When you have finished hit the Set End Point button.  

You can also change the speed of your video file here, split the video or trim further. 

No47hqd.gif 

Step 3

Here is where you can add adjustments to your file. Go to Visual Effects. For this gif I have chosen to add Cinematic effect and brighten it. You can also turn it black and white, use sepia filter etc. 

dr8krRo.gif 

Step 4. 

Once you are satisfied with your Gif, you need to save it. Go to the Home tab (you can add text here as well) and hit the Save button. Click to save it to your computer. 

0MgjAl9.gif 

Step 5. 

Upload your file to Lunapic. This will convert your file to a gif but the quality might not be the best. It also takes a few moments to upload so have patience. You can resize your gif here, slow or speed up the frames or reduce the number of frames. Once your ready, click 'Save to Imgur' and your new link should be created. Just copy the direct link. 

1jOG9H3.gif 

Step 6: 

All that's left is for you to post to Soompi. Right click and Paste your link into the reply here at Soompi. :) 

sHE4U17.gif 

Tip: 

Keep the file size small. The smaller it is the better quality your gif will turn out to be. 

You can also use a site called Imgfilp to upload your video file to and convert to gif. This does leave a watermark but it might be slightly better quality than Lunapic. Just follow the instructions below. 

mOU4lrZ.gif

1isjht.gif 

• 2 months later...

Hi @MadraRua - thanks so much for the tutorial!  I'm using Honeycam and Imgur.  The only thing I'm doing differently is dragging and dropping the images into an album I've made.  I tried to make the .gifs size small to save bandwidth.  I used the "small thumbnail" option and copied the "direct link".  ycJmlzht.gifHowever as you can see it's only posting as an image.  But when I preview it Imgur it shows the gif.  Any ideas?  Here is a screenshot of what I've described above. 

Also, is there any way to resize the box above?  I would like to make it smaller at times but can't find any way to access options for resizing.  Thanks for your assistance!!!

14 hours ago, aunniek said:

Hi @MadraRua - thanks so much for the tutorial!  I'm using Honeycam and Imgur.  The only thing I'm doing differently is dragging and dropping the images into an album I've made.  I tried to make the .gifs size small to save bandwidth.  I used the "small thumbnail" option and copied the "direct link".  ycJmlzht.gifHowever as you can see it's only posting as an image.  But when I preview it Imgur it shows the gif.  Any ideas?  Here is a screenshot of what I've described above. 

Also, is there any way to resize the box above?  I would like to make it smaller at times but can't find any way to access options for resizing.  Thanks for your assistance!!!

I actually got this figured out!!!!  Thanks for being available though!!

Hi @aunniek

I'm glad to see this tutorial is of use. You can resize your gif in honeycam before you save it to your computer. Just go to to Edit 

5s9qaZS.jpg 

and click on this icon 

MmPTIDb.png 

Enter the dimensions and press ok. 

VBFxjkV.png 

Then save your gif and upload to Imgur. It automatically saves all your gifs in a folder under Honeycam in Documents. (Don't ask why, it's just there :D) So you can upload it directly and get the share code in Honeycam. 

yRg4RDU.png 

As far as the thumbnail goes, it won't show the gif in motion. So if after resizing it in Honeycam, you still want to resize it here in the forums, then double click on the image once it has embedded and enter the new dimensions. If you want to see the image full size once posted, then double click the image again, like the ones above and they'll enlarge for you. 

Like so 

IkBzMmR.gif

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, or don't understand anything, then please let me know :) 

Edit:

Oh ok, you figured it out. Good on you. 8p3a2X2.png I was only on my mobile earlier so couldn't answer you until I got home. Sorry for the delay. 

Archived