[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Queen Dugu 独孤皇后

sugarplum892

photo 48batch-77.jpg

Details:

Chinese title: 独孤皇后/ Du Gu Huang Hou
English title: Queen Dugu

Genre: Ancient, Romance, Politics

Episodes: 50

Director: Zhang Xiao Zheng (Song of Phoenix 思美人)

Broadcast Period: Feb/11/2019

Cast:

Joe Chen Qiao En

Chen Xiao

Synopsis:

Based on the epic couple in history, Emperor Wen of Sui and his wife. After founding the Sui Dynasty, Yang Jian (Chen Xiao) and Dugu Qieluo (Chen Qiao En) initiated several economic, agricultural and political reforms that enabled the dynasty to enter a new golden age. Unfortunately, the couple’s legacy would later be ruined by their son Emperor Yang. Unlike most royal couples in history, this pair was truly in love. Yang Jian would permanently reside in his Empress’ palace (against traditional custom), and all of his children were borne by Dugu Qieluo. He only had four concubines in his inner palace, and most of them were created after Dugu Qieluo’s death in 602.

Cr Viki

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

Queen Dugu 独孤皇后 Raw Episodes

Joe Chen Qiao En Official Soompi Thread

Song of Phoenix 思美人 Official Drama Thread

Click here to request the Viki license!

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators 
@angelangie l LavelyShai

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

The delay was probably wise so that people aren’t thinking about Joe Chen’s DUI and they would have time to edit well. But it’s been so long that I forgot about this one even if I check out JC’s drama every now and then.

9 hours ago, angelangie said:

ooooo Joe was involved in DUI?

Yes, it happened in January 2018 I think and there’s still articles of it around the Net. Lucky for her that no one was hurt and she got caught - think she gained a valuable lesson. I was disappointed since I can’t accept ‘drink and drive’ since I lost a friend to a drunk driver. 

• 5 weeks later...

Who else heard it will be airing Feb 11th I am trying to find out if that is the case/confirmed...?

Def looking forward to this show, but not much promos for some reason, yet I saw Feb 11 it's like ONLY 10 days away so WHAT is the deal for real?

Archived