[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Queen Dugu 独孤皇后

sugarplum892

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still don't get why this show hardly get discussed? Joe Chen is GREAT!!!

But anyway, I am behind on the show. It's about over isn't it?

Probably will do a binging tonight and tomorrow for like 8 episodes. Hopefully I can catch up.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2019 at 10:01 AM, Don Yu said:

Do the majority on this forum don't understand nor are Chinese?

Chinese historical dramas are enjoyed around the world.  I know that I do not speak any Chinese; therefore, for me to watch, the drama must be sub-titled in English.  I understand it is a huge undertaking, but I think it is well worth it.  By watching these dramas, I have become more familiar with the culture and history of China and other countries.  Human history is amazing, and the easiest way to learn about other cultures is to watch dramas depicting their past. I realize that writers do not always stick to history therefore, I've researched the backgrounds of several dynasties or characters because I watched a historical drama.  

I would like to see this drama, hopefully someone will see the value of translating it into English. 

• 9 months later...

Golly! This is one frustrating drama. The FL's obstinacy is silly and unrealistic -- causing more problems than solving them. The only highlight is the ML's steadfast love for her. We keep getting told that she's a smart cookie but nah... She's bold and brash but too reckless.

The story is so... amateurish. I thought this was supposed to be a serious drama but the court stuff is pretty cliche and then there's a meaningless love triangle.

This show can't be historical if the male lead is a member of the famous Yang family from the Song dynasty.

Archived