Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Queen Dugu 独孤皇后

I don't understand why there isn't a trailer yet with actors/actresses talking more?

Wasn’t there another show called The Legend of Dugu, that was similar in plot to this drama? I didn’t really watch the other drama cause it had a tragic ending, but maybe this one will end more happily?

On 2/5/2019 at 9:18 PM, hathanhthanh09 said:

Wasn’t there another show called The Legend of Dugu, that was similar in plot to this drama? I didn’t really watch the other drama cause it had a tragic ending, but maybe this one will end more happily?

i wont keep that cross.....historical drama tends to have bad ending in Chinese History :x 

• Like 1

How is there NOT a 'talking' trailer still at this point? Is acting bad?

I am concerned, but I hope not!

28 minutes ago, Don Yu said:

I am concerned, but I hope not!

well i think u should stop worrying for now......there are probably more trailer in the baidu.com rather than youtube usually

• Like 1

I wonder if they going to officially release more MVs or long trailers at this point.

It's about to  air.

BTS https://www.weibo.com/5942402700/Hg9lTBo7e?from=page_1002065942402700_profile&wvr=6&mod=weibotime

Very Short trailer - https://www.weibo.com/5942402700/Hg91UgZQj?from=page_1002065942402700_profile&wvr=6&mod=weibotime

• Like 1

New posters. The costumes are beautiful! This OTP looks really good. Hope this drama will not disappoint, even though the history of it was otherwise not too good. Let's hope the screenwriter will do a good job in 'telling this legend well'.

Spoiler

Tidbit: Hearsay. Apparently, the wifey of Chen Xiao was worried about beautiful and single Joe Chen and hub filming this romance epic. She visited the filming location to 'monitor'. lols.

0pkruFK.jpg

BeTIRSn.jpg

Today's the premiere! :love:

• Like 1

On 2/10/2019 at 8:45 AM, Don Yu said:

Have you seen this OST MV with some plot reveal within it? :wub:

No release of trailer is definitely not due to bad acting. These two are very good performers. They are one of the reasons this drama would be so worth watching. Love them both :) 

First 2 episodes are already out. Everything looks quite good so far. Really like the storyline, hope it doesn’t disappoint. 

The emperor is supposed to have only 1 empress (and no concubine), so hope even with palace drama and misery, at least the leads will have a happy ending. 

• Like 3

On 2/8/2019 at 10:00 AM, angelangie said:

i wont keep that cross.....historical drama tends to have bad ending in Chinese History :x 

But base on history, their relationship is very loving until the end, except when the emperor had sex with another woman, and that woman got killed by the empress. But after a while, they became loving again. I think the tragedy would be when the children are fighting and scheming for the thrones, so hopefully the ending for the leads won’t be that tragic. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, shihuangdi said:

First 2 episodes are already out. Everything looks quite good so far. Really like the storyline, hope it doesn’t disappoint. 

The emperor is supposed to have only 1 empress (and no concubine), so hope even with palace drama and misery, at least the leads will have a happy ending. 

i went to read the synopsis of the story.....

the emperor had no concubine till Queen Dugu passed on....after that he had 4......however it was after the queen passed away....they were also the only imperial couple that was really in love with each other to begin with

• Like 3

On 2/11/2019 at 11:14 PM, jadecloud said:

Have you seen this OST MV with some plot reveal within it? :wub:

No release of trailer is definitely not due to bad acting. These two are very good performers. They are one of the reasons this drama would be so worth watching. Love them both :) 

Yes I have seen this.

Oh it's Joey Yung?

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote vids
  • Like 1

Just finished Epi 1... They NEED to promote this better!

Good song in both opening and ending deserves MVs and Joe Chen acts really GOOD!

Otherwise, underrated Chinese show right now!!

• Like 2