[movie 2005] April Snow 외출

Guest LuvU

Guest frances

does anybody know a site where i can download this?

try youtube though the one available for public viewing has no english sub

i think the one that's e-subbed by h0pezz is for private viewing.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest frances

film notes from the recently concluded korean film festival in london (sep 27-oct 1) ~

http://www.koreafilm.co.uk/index.htm

April Snow (2005)

Director: Hur Jin-ho

Runnuing Time: 105mins

In-su (Bae Yong-joon) arrives in hospital after being informed about a serious car accident involving his wife. Outside the operating theatre, Seoyoung (Son Ye-jin), wife of the man who is reported to be in the same car as In-su’s wife waits on patiently as the doctors try hard to save the lives of their endangered beloved. At the police station, the two collect their spouses’ personal items and discover the illicit relationship between their spouses. Phone messages as well as video clip from the retrieved camera continue to haunt both In-su and Seoyoung, as they struggle to understand and make sense of the whole situation. Emotionally hurt with pangs of jealousy and anger, the two lone souls gradually start a relationship to ease the pain.

Although, content-wise April Snow seems like a depart from Director Hur's earlier works, much of his signature style is still evident throughout the 2 hr feature. Things that are familiar include using plant as ‘love-token’, sounds of the sea as well as emotional-sapping music that resonates and breaks viewers’ heart. Director Hur's keenness for aesthetics has not deserted him and there are aplenty scenes of notable charm infused with much sentiment and poignancy. Even the ordinary motel and its small cafe has quite a place in my heart as the movie draws towards the end; and the last scene is special both for its sheer simplicity, beauty and its wonderful invention.

from camille's blog ~~

Today, Wednesday October 11th 2006, April Snow is still being screened in 2 theatres in France, Les Plessis at Montceau-les-Mines and Ciné d’Issy at Issy-les-Moulineaux.

April Snow was the first among the 4 Korean movies released this year in France and also the last still to be screened. :)

another nice feedback from a french moviegoer shared to us by camille ~

From civetta’s blog La Clé des Champs

http://civetta.over-blog.com/archive-5-2006.html

Written by Civetta – May 21st 2006 – Note : 3 stars

Translated from French to English by camille

April Snow

The Asian cinema has this fascinating aptitude to tell people’s intimate story by filming their silences and their glances, by fitting a corner of a hotel corridor, or brushing the reflection of a smile in the window glass. This is a slow cinema, but this slowness is also the condition of its delicacy, in the most painful situations. Story of crossed destinies where the improbable pain of two bewildered persons brings effectively an improbable happiness, April Snow made life and death to be side by side like snow in April, in an atmosphere which remembers us the sobriety of In the Mood for Love or 2046.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest frances

originally posted in camille's blog

camille wrote ~

And this is another review of April Snow which I think is interesting because it was written by an Asian living in France.

From ASIEEXPO: THE CLUB OF ASIA LOVERS http://asiexpo.com/club/chroniques_show.ph...;categorie=film

Written by Qi Han

Translated from French to English by camille

Comment :

Nothing is more dramatic than this improbable meeting. This same scenario could have been developed like an investigation, maintaining the spectator under tension permanently, such as “Random Heart” of Sydney Pollack… Or it could have been transformed into a moral lesson, as in “Soupir” of the Chinese director Feng Xiaogang. However, “April Snow” of Hur Jin-Ho does not look like any of these kinds. It surprises us by the playing down of the situation, and the setting up of a sensitive mood..

Hur Jin-Ho focuses on the very small touching details, like when In-su stops cleaning the body of his wife, moment when we feel his interior conflict between the humiliation created by his wife’s betrayal, his meaning of responsibility and love. Same thing when Seo-Young peels an apple : the tenderness of In-su is expressed by the sample gesture to arrange a tuft of hair. We think of “Christmas in August” - his previous movie - where the hero touches through an ice the face of the girl with whom he is in love. All these details which punctuate a banal daily life, build a delicate atmosphere, mark of nuances to enjoy.

The special attention about time is also outstanding in this film. Clocks and calendars appear regularly in fixed plan. By distinguishing the seasons’s alternation, Hur Jin-Ho seizes on precisely the evolution of the characters’s feelings, the dimension “to be shocked and wounded” to “understand and forgive”. One of his skills is also the control of the rhythm of the movie. By slowing down the speed of the events’s development, Hur Jin-Ho doesn’t only portray the hesitation of the two heroes, but also leaves us time to feel the same effects and to think beyond the story.

For Hur Jin-Ho, the purpose of “April Snow” is not to tell a miracle, but to make the spectator sense the feeling of ordinary people who could be everyone in reality.

• 2 months later...

I just got a chance to watch this movie, it slow & really nothing special about it .... exept the bed scene , OMG I CANNOT believe they show part of Son Ye-jin top in this movie ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, really weird seeing her like this !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

I don't really like this movie but the cast is interesting <_< If anyone looking 4 this movie 2 download with english subtitles here it is :rolleyes:외출 B)

jdhOMGsarangheyo.jpg

• 7 months later...
Guest mymyjane2

What if this is the ending of April Snow?

This is one of the deleted scene in AS. I actually do no understand what is being said, but according to some baesisters, could have been the other ending of AS. Click the link and see for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k99ni1CYQlM...ch=april%20snow

can you feel the sadness?

thanks to mhjk for the vod and thet for uploading to youtube

yes liezle onni, i can feel the sadness. sighs...

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know what is the romantic song that was playing in the background when In Su and Seo Young met in a cafe near the beach? Better still if anyone has a link to this song it would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know what is the romantic song that was playing in the background when In Su and Seo Young met in a cafe near the beach? Better still if anyone has a link to this song it would be greatly appreciated.

The song is called 내게 오는 길 (track 13 - bonus track) from Sung Shi Kyung's 1st album "Like the first time" :)

(his voice... tsk tsk... *melts*)

here's to dl his 1st album: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QLXM6RVV

(credits to Trotski99 @ ZD)

And oh, btw, I love this movie!! haha.. quite surprisingly, after giving it another try (totally skipping it when I first watched it in 2005), but now, 2 years later, after 태왕사신기 is over... need something to fill up that 'DD-withdrawal' *lol* sigh~~ BYJ and SYJ pairing is just :wub:

April Snow is such a beautiful, artistic (even in a very slow-paced mode) movie I've ever seen.

Been watching it religiously after 태왕사신기 keke~

An excellent movie, loved the mature air around it.

One of my fave scenes was when they were sitting in a hotel room and playing boardgames, that showed quite a bit about their characters.

Guest mymyjane2

An excellent movie, loved the mature air around it.

One of my fave scenes was when they were sitting in a hotel room and playing boardgames, that showed quite a bit about their characters.

thats scene was not in the script! director hur saw yj and ye jin playing cards and he just told them that he would add it in the movie :)

same w/ the eating cup ramen scene...

direc gave the cup noodles to YJ oppa and SYJ and just asked them to eat....

YJ oppa and SYJ sure was confused :P

thats scene was not in the script! director hur saw yj and ye jin playing cards and he just told them that he would add it in the movie :)

Hi mymy - really, those scenes weren't in the script? So, they were just added by the PD, huh? But it looks good & not confusing with the story itself. :)

Guest Tamar1973

I had forgotten about that...you're right. He added them later to try to lighten up the movie just a little bit.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tiffany

I had posted the following photos on my blog as I did a recount of my recent trip. Thought I'd post the photos here as well.

The photos were taken at In Soo's house and the grocery store near his place.

April Snow: Going back home after getting all his wife's things from the police station:

aprilsnow1.jpg

This is the back of Ms Kim's house. Can't remember what that blue cupboard thing is...wonder if bb remembered....but it was still there.

insooshouse406.jpg

April Snow: Sitting in the hall, all sad and confused...

aprilsnow2.jpg

Same hall but different pictures..hehe! She's put up all his photos here and there's a huge AS framed up photo right at the end.

insooshouse106.jpg

April Snow: Trying to figure out the password on his wife's phone...

aprilsnow3.jpg

Same table, same keyboard, even the same 'wedding' photos...the owner also has a whole shelf of things and memorabilia given to her by the many fans who visit her place. There are even 2 guest book there for the fans to sign.

insooshouse306.jpg

insooshouse2.jpg

April Snow Director's cut: Preparing food in the kitchen after being discharged from hospital...

asdircut.jpg

The owner had placed a whole series of the photos from this scene just above the sink. Imagine BYJ preparing food here..... Unfortunately, this scene only appeared in the Director's cut version.

insooshouse1.jpg

I had the chance to take photos of her garden last year and it really is a very nice cozy place. I believe BYJ filmed a scene here in this garden as well but can't remember if it was in the Director's cut version or it was taken out completely.

insooshouse206.jpg

April Snow Director's cut postcard (credit as labelled): Standing outside the grocery store..

ASDircutposter.jpg

Took this picture last year. The grocery store had lots and lots of BYJ photos on display..and just as many photos taken with fans.

insoosgroceryshop.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Guest piano_lady
  • 2 months later...
Guest Demllequ

I just watched this =)

i loved it.

and i'm happy they were together in the end - that snow in spring surely gave them a sign that it was meant to be...

but i wonder what happened to his wife.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Greener

Wow! I am not almost to believe that Son Ye Jin,she played this film. Although i wouldn't much see but has still show her sharp. Bae Young Jun, he always look a warm man. Only see thd actor.It's worthwhile.

• 8 months later...

Archived