[Drama 2017] Forest of Secrets / Stranger 비밀의숲 - Baeksang 2018 Daesang Award /Best Actor / Best Writer

larus

Actress Park Yoona was cast in drama Forest of Secrets as Kwon Min -ah, her character has a questionable relationship in with the public prosecutors' office. She is the only witness and will raise the tension of the drama.

Park Yoona made her debut with KBS2 'The Rough Guide' and was seen in various advertising model activities. She plays in JTBC drama  The Package' which will be airing soon.

2017021008241620950-540x810.jpg

http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/1132900

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cho Seung-woo and Lee Kyung-young appeared as the prosecution and the strong presidential candidates in the movie Insiders/ Inside Men 2015. Now they will appear together again in tvN drama Forest of Secrets.  Jo Seung-woo, who plays the role of the prosecutor once again after the film, gathers his eyes as if he can overwhelm viewers in a different atmosphere.  Lee Kyung Young is the same. In order to capture the power in the film, he played a corrupt politician, Jang Pil-woo.  Originally, Lee Kyung-young was supposed to play the role of the Attorney General, but the production team changed the character to the chairman of the conglomerate who shook the business circle to clearly show Lee Kyoung-young's presence. 

So we have another confrontation in this drama. The major antagonists.... This time Lee Kyung-young will play the Minister of Justice.

82812511.1.jpg

http://sports.donga.com/3/all/20170210/82812512/1

The drama Forest of Secrets has the attention of the media. There is another article about this drama.

They write... "How did the new drama 'Secret Forest' complete the casting of the gods?" 

"Forest of Secrets' is a drama depicting the process by which the prosecutor who lost his feelings digs up the secrets of the prosecutors' office with the righteous police and chases the real criminal. The film is 100% pre-production aimed at shooting on January 25th, starting with the scenario reading.  The Secret Forest 'is of interest because of the cast. In the 'Secret Forest', there are actor actors such as Cho Seung-woo, Bae Du Na, Lee Kyung-young, Lee Jun-hyuk, Park Jin-woo, Yun Kyung-ho.  The two protagonists Cho Seung-woo and Bae Du-na are not the stars that we were often seen them on the small screen.  So how did the 'Forest of Secretst' bring in these big stars? The secret is in the script. The scriptwriters are saying that it will be a work comparable to 'Signal' which is considered as the best genre of tvN.  One drama official said, "The Forest of Secrets' is not a typical Korean drama, it is a completely unpredictable work from beginning to end. It is a spectacular composition, and actors are also attracted to this script and know that they have chosen the work. "

2017021201001009500070741.jpg

source

PS: I can`t believe it how easy it was to understand this article using Google Translations. :)

I am so excited after reading this. Yes, this is what I am looking for. A drama that put the center a solid and great script and after that looking for the best of the cast. If the writing is good, all of the other factors (cast and crew) will work together to bring the story alive and the audience will love it for sure. I can`t wait.

The writing better be good. We want good script for the these good cast of matured actors.  I also would like editing to be good too.

@larus The drama title will not be change anymore? gives off that "Secret Garden"..ish, feel. It must be cos the word "forest"  Sorry,  mundane observation there .

3 hours ago, jongski said:

The drama title will not be change anymore? gives off that "Secret Garden"..ish, feel. It must be cos the word "forest"  Sorry,  mundane observation there

I think it is better now being called Forest of Secrets than Secret Forest. But the name is not important for me. :phew: The writer better be good. Fingers crossed.

Actor Choi Byung Mo has joined the team of Forest of Secrets.

Choi Byung-mo will play the role of  Kim Woo-gyun, a police officer in his mid-40s who does not regard himself as a police officer, but is completely immersed in practices that are prevalent in society.

2017021401001084600075861.jpg

http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=201702140100108460007586&servicedate=20170213

22 minutes ago, Amy Nguyen said:

Does anyone know if there will be a loveline between the two leads?

I really doubt there is a loveline. The story is all about finding the true behind corruption/ criminals in the prosecutor office. Plus, the hero lacks the capacity to feel emotions due to the brain surgery so that`s giving us an important clue. 

News bites: February 18, 2017

by awcoconuts | February 18, 2017 | 14 Comments

2017021502126392.jpg

Joining stars Jo Seung-woo and Bae Doo-na in Forest of Secrets is Yoon Se-ah (Gu Family Book, A Gentleman’s Dignity). She’ll play the daughter of the Minister of Justice, and the hotly anticipated tvN drama about an emotionless prosecutor and a righteous police officer teaming up to expose internal corruption will be fully pre-produced and premiere on the cable station before mid-year. [Sports Chosun]

SInce it's a pre-produced drama, I'm so worry about it. tvN falied with Entourage & Tomorrow With You, they even failed when buy pre-produced drama Cindrella. Please be good, I don't want waiting so much and see a terrible drama, or not so good drama. TWY is okay but it's not so awesome.

2 hours ago, quockhanh45 said:

SInce it's a pre-produced drama, I'm so worry about it. tvN falied with Entourage & Tomorrow With You, they even failed when buy pre-produced drama Cindrella. Please be good, I don't want waiting so much and see a terrible drama, or not so good drama. TWY is okay but it's not so awesome.

I heard about Entourage not being liked by the audience in Korea but Tomorrow With You is doing bad as well?  I am surprised. 

I am not worry about pre- produced dramas. If the drama is not good, even if there would be a live shooting system it doesn`t help much. Yes, they could change something to reach the audience`s demands but still could not do wonders. If there is a quality script and the other production stuff is good, I am pleased. Sometimes the ratings are very subjective and it is luck as well. I won`t care about ratings. I want a show to enjoy.

Signal Entertainment has announced that they will produce the drama Forest of Secrets with IOK Media in the first half of the year. They are going to continue the record of high ratings through the" Secret Forest "following the SBS drama" The Defendant "that is raising the topic recently. The production company has produced shows:  I Can See Your Voice (music show), Superstar K 2016 (Korean talent show) 'Take care of the refrigerator, and dramas Defendant. IOK Media produced dramas like Marriage, not dating (2014), Cunning Single Lady (2014), The Queen of Classroom (2013)

20170220034142_1022840_600_242.jpg

http://enter.etoday.co.kr/view/news_view.php?varAtcId=97940

Archived