[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Rule the World 独步天下

sugarplum892

@omiki @UnniSarah finally there are actually other fellow fans discussing this drama here ! :) i was so sad that no one watches this drama since the story is not that bad . i'm keeping up with subs and thankfully youtube has subs till episode 17 which is awesome! the only major problem i found in this drama is the changes they made to the time travel part. some scenes it's obvious that dongge is from the future. Dongge in my opinion is very stubborn and childish but she outsmarts at times yet act dumb the other way around. AND last but not least The Romance is SO GOOD :tongue::tongue: never expected a historical themed drama would have so many kiss scenes:wub:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am now up to ep 12..... It is awesome and I agree Dong’ge is very Chul dislike and sometimes too naive. She thinks it is easy to run away from the emperor and that there won’t be any sacrifices. These me in the drama spoiled her but HUAN Taiji always tell it to her straight. That is why I like him for her. He doesn’t pursue her but I fear that Geideigjt turn on Dong’ge later because she is crushing on Huan Taiji reall hard.   What do you think @tintin92

41 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

I am now up to ep 12..... It is awesome and I agree Dong’ge is very Chul dislike and sometimes too naive. She thinks it is easy to run away from the emperor and that there won’t be any sacrifices. These me in the drama spoiled her but HUAN Taiji always tell it to her straight. That is why I like him for her. He doesn’t pursue her but I fear that Geideigjt turn on Dong’ge later because she is crushing on Huan Taiji reall hard.   What do you think @tintin92

I'm on episode 14 :D so far the story is going on so fast :) i'm just waiting for episodes 19-20 to be subbed cause there are so many lovey dovey scenes :) Hong taiji is my favorite. i read somewhere in the novel that hong taiji is 10 years younger than dongge but in the drama the age difference is not really visible :) and the story will have twists as i saw the trailers so much will happen to dongge and hong taiji will marry :( 

3 hours ago, tintin92 said:

I'm on episode 14 :D so far the story is going on so fast :) i'm just waiting for episodes 19-20 to be subbed cause there are so many lovey dovey scenes :) Hong taiji is my favorite. i read somewhere in the novel that hong taiji is 10 years younger than dongge but in the drama the age difference is not really visible :) and the story will have twists as i saw the trailers so much will happen to dongge and hong taiji will marry :( 

@tintin92It saddens me to have to see Huan Taiji getting married to someone other than Dong’ge. :(:huh: why do they have to do that. In the drama we can’t tell the difference but they are so devoted to each other. 

A BaHai is truly devious more devious than the Prime Consort. She tried to sink her claws on Daisan and she will succeed because he doesn’t see the real Her. Th other concubine saw through her facade and is now taking advantage at becoming close with her. But A BaHai is toing to lose everything with all her scheming. Can’t wait to see her downfall :D

6 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@tintin92It saddens me to have to see Huan Taiji getting married to someone other than Dong’ge. :(:huh: why do they have to do that. 

During those times, it’s not uncommon for noble men to have more than one Wife. One reason is of course to Ensure that there are as many offsprings as possible because infant mortality rate was high. For royal family, they use marriage with influential families in court to Ensure political alliance. I think it is naive for DG to assume that HTJ will not take other wives. Unless they are trying to say that because she is from the future, she has modern views on monogamy. But as you earlier explained, this is not a time travel story, so DG should logically not have such preconceived ideas. Again, this part is really confusing. Perhaps the modern BYR who is writing the story is confusing her own views with DG’s views in her story. Another unclear part is why DG knows how to read and write Han characters when she is a Jurchen, not  Han. she was evasive when she was questioned about it.

I never thought I would say this but Raymond Lam is one of the best portrayal of Hong Taiji I've seen to date!! He has improved considerably and it helps that I absolutely love his 'dubbed' voice.

Mind you, his real speaking voice isn't bad either but oh boy - I do like the dubber. His intonation and the varying degree of emotion is so spot on!!

Again, I do like surprises and this one is definitely a dark horse. I didn't expect to like it so much and I'm thoroughly enjoying the chemistry between the leads.  

It’s the same voice as YH in 3L3W, and he is a very sought after dubber for his voice. I also enjoy listening to him. On the other hand, Raymond Lam also speaks very good Mandarin so it’s a pity they did not get him to dub his own voice. 

Speaking of voices, I find the voice of Abahai very unique. Not sure if it is the same actress dubbing her own voice, but it is very different from those I have heard before. I also wonder about Nurhaci’s voice - I can totally imagine the actor having the same husky but slight raspy voice.

I love this drama so far.  I completed episode 17.  Episode 18 has not been sub in English yet.  

@UnniSarah  I know this is not supposed to be a time slip drama; however, I think it has some supernatural qualities.  Remember when they went to see the artifacts and the young lady had a reaction to the artifacts.  Either she  reincarnated or some time travel is involved. 

3 hours ago, Carmarie said:

I love this drama so far.  I completed episode 17.  Episode 18 has not been sub in English yet.  

@UnniSarah  I know this is not supposed to be a time slip drama; however, I think it has some supernatural qualities.  Remember when they went to see the artifacts and the young lady had a reaction to the artifacts.  Either she  reincarnated or some time travel is involved. 

@Carmarie... I agree and remember that scene. Hong Taiji and Dong’ge are bothe reincarnated. I believe it . If you rewatch episode 1, you should listen Bu You Ran’s Boss voice from the phone call she had and match it to Hong Taiji. 

Is this show still airing in China? 

I’ve watched the raws for episode 40-42and I must say I’m really confused...

spoiler....

Spoiler

So dong’ge  dies in episode 40 but then she wakes up in the middle of a battle field later... and the burn mark on her cheek is gone too... Does anyone understand how this happened?????

Gawd I wish I spoke mandarin 

On 08/12/2017 at 11:59 PM, nelomello said:

Is this show still airing in China? 

I’ve watched the raws for episode 40-42and I must say I’m really confused...

spoiler....

Hide contents

So dong’ge  dies in episode 40 but then she wakes up in the middle of a battle field later... and the burn mark on her cheek is gone too... Does anyone understand how this happened?????

Gawd I wish I spoke mandarin 

Yes, still airing, 6 episodes per week. To answer your question

Spoiler

DG died again in her second life as BYR. The reason her character was written off was because modern BYR had gas poisoning and was unconcscious so her colleague helped to write the novel. When BYR recovered in the hospital, she was devastated to learn that her character had died. She wanted a nice ending for her story where HTJ would not be sad and mourning the death of BYR for the rest of his life. So she did some research and found that he had another concubine whom he loved very much in his later life. She then continued the novel such that BYR was reborn or resurrected through the shaman rituals that HTJ had ordered after BYR’s death. She reappeared as a younger woman, like the time when she was DG, so her face was nice again. 

Its a nice touch by the writer to tell the story this way. I laughed when I saw how the story was  going. Totally unrealistic but entertaining, nonetheless.

@omiki I think @meifang89 is refering to the sub episodes. There hasn’t been an update in a while Q.Q so I had to watch the raws just to soothe my impatient heart 

I watched the last ep (although I couldn’t understand a word lol) and did seem like a happy ending :3

though I must add, the modern Hong Taiji’s hair was really weird >.< made me lol

@omiki & @nelomello Thx for replying :lol: Before I were searching for ep 43 until the end because the late update. I found it on 

Spoiler

YouTube then hours later on Maple stage 

This drama really satisfying from the cast, story, romance scenes and happy ending :wub: The setting (use too many CG) and clothes can be better though :mellow: I understand a bit Chinese but I still hope the sub can be faster ^_^

Right. His hair is really weird and messy :tongue:

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Rule the World 独步天下

I watched this show on a whim and don't really get it but then continues to watch it lol. I agree with some of the comments that said that sometimes Dong'ge is really smart and wise but other times she's really childlike and naive. I find that odd and jarring too. I feel like I can explain it away as her being sheltered by Nuharchi (spelling?) for half of her life....but then this man is the man that she spends most of her energy defying lmaoooo although she recognizes that he treats her well. 

Another part of me is very sympathetic to Dong'ge...she's usually just minding her own business but men around her are constantly trying to harass her with their "affections"....no wonder why she fell for Huang Taiji...the only guy that doesn't manhandle her or make weak promises (unlike the 2nd prince). Whenever I watch her scenes with other other men or consorts, I'm constantly like, "sweet baby jesus, can yaw just let this girl live?"

One thing I don't care for was the reason why I started the show...in episode one, I very much recall the main character, in her writer incarnation, proudly declare that she was gonna write a female protagonist unlike all other female protagonists ever on screen. I'm sorry but I feel like this didn't happen...I can't quite see how (broadly) Dong'ge (at least for the first 20 episodes) is different from all of Ruby Lin's past characters. Despite my comments, I will try to catch it here and there when I'm bored. I'm watching it for Tang Yixin cause she's so cute....with her baby face, I wanted to laugh at the age difference between Dong'ge and Huang Taiji (Raymond Lam) onscreen. 

I love this drama; however, I am stuck on Episode 19 because I cannot find any episodes 19 that have been translated into English.  This is what had turned me off from Chinese dramas years ago.  I started to watch a drama and it took more than a year for the entire series to be subed.  If someone knows a site that have English sub titles for episode 20 and above, please let me know.

Archived