Go Seung Ji

1 hour ago, ChunSungIm said:

basically this is fantasy drama,look how many time jump here

if we used this year timeline (2016)

so basically kim shin is 900 years old +- dunno what year he's born

1995 eun tak was born

2016 eun tak are 19 going 20 and meet first time with kim shin 

2025 eun tak 29 years old,meet kim shin for second time,married and death

2036 park so min born,the reincarnated eun tak (if we used 19  age eun tak meet with kim shin for third time)

2055 eun tak reincarnated park so min meet kim shin for third time in quebec,they meet and back from the start.

at 2055 all still the same,so thats why this is fantasy drama.

Yeah, the ending is REASONABLE (not particularly good or bad) but the future thing bugs me quite a bit....I mean, they can push the story 10 years back, so it won't be too awkward to see a 2016-ish 2025. And then make some attempts in costumes and filming set to make the ending looks more like 2045....(well maybe cuz I am a trekkie :ph34r: I am pickier than other audience on the cyber stuff...)

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, algol said:

I don't think I will be able to watch dramas for a while. Since I got too attached to the characters, it was too upsetting for me. Anyone who has lost a loved one will know how painful it must be for Kim Shin. And no matter how many times you go through it, it actually never gets any easy. Doomed for eternity, with a heartache that will never end. Every time he meets his love, he will live in the fear of that heartache, the fear of her loss and  the fear of being left alone in this world full of strangers. And so his punishment never ended.     

I got up from bed just to agree with you. I couldn't sleep, I was reading (more like skimming through actually) the forum from my phone because I am still feeling melancholic, couldn't sleep, still have tears streaming down my cheek, and it hurts so bad I think I finally understood how it feels to have sword stabbed on your chest for life. I don't like typing on my phone hence I got up and picked up my laptop just to agree with you. I have not watched the back to back episodes, but I have come to know how the story ends so I think that what matters (more like BOTHERS me a whole lot!) most right now. How could the ending be fair to Kim Shin? Why does our writer stay true to the title of the drama? Why makes my Kim Shin lonely after all the years he has suffered? Why does he need to live in fear of the heartache and not knowing when his bride will die again and again and again and again and be reincarnated again and again and again and again? He was a kind, responsible, brave warrior and yet he has to bear the punishment despite being backstabbed. Fine, killing people is a huge sin, but it is just not fair, man! Not fair. He deserves eternal happiness, with no time lapse at all, not having to wait for his bride to reincarnate or whatever. It makes me so sad knowing he has to experience heartache again after finally serving his punishment. I guess I am just talking trash right now because I am still frustrated and because this character is just fictional :wacko: I forgot whether have I ever feeling this bad or depressed when a drama ended or not but this feels too surreal, just too much for my heart and my brain to handle. I might need my sleeping pill now...

• Like 15

I guess the silver lining from all the loneliness surrounding KS being immortal is that he will always have ET (or her reincarnations) to look forward to. He'll continue his duties as a goblin and he'll continue to love and wait for ET no matter how many years pass. It's a bittersweet ending and I guess the most reasonable one I could think of right now. For Park So Min who has been waiting for that ahjussi from her past life, I hope she will have all the happiness in the world with the man her heart and soul had loved and will continue to love. 

• Like 15

@LyraYoo thank you for the update about rating..so if I'm not wrong to interpret that with my very poor korean, the ratings did hit above 20% (21% and 25%? WOW that's fly high! I would say it's like having 45% in public broadcast hahaha) for both episodes and peak at 28%..which means, importantly, that we will have Secretary Kim to dance TT twice? Yeaaahhhhhhh... 

Anyone know whether any actor/actress beside him make any promise regarding the rating? 

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, naritul said:

CHINGUS... thank you so much...

I had a great time on this thread... 

well, i put my trust in KES yet she betrayed me (IMO) but for me it's also a happy ending because I met you all here, made new friends, and i hope we will meet on another thread someday... 

@jellybellymonster @itzibitzispider @gutibear thank you for being my friends in-outside soompi

@bebebisous33 @packmule3 @maryofbethany @selenette @LyraYoo for the insightful posts... 

@alleram95 @hairuchii uri lovely translators

@aurelly @Chellsee acreen caps

Add more... forgot to mentioned the inventor of horse reincarnation theory.... @hushhh

and chingus....

@ireumimolla @ucylucy @tianaa @vivvianne22 @CatchMine_ID @ChunSungIm @122am @nearsea@maryamzulaikha @am420 @shynaz @ogrenji @NRGchick @sooyoungdaebak @staygold @triplem @Sarang21 @dramoron @andy78 @crazyoverkdrama @lorac529@violetpetal @carolinedl @mrspotatohead @melonpark @azuri@hamaji @rrmski @supergal99 @romanov @Visually-wandering @dramu51ch0c10ve @janeeta

and other chingus that i forgot to mentioned, you know i love you...

because of this thread, i have reached more than 500 posts and i become a legend on soompi...

i won't forget you all...

thank you for letting me camp here for the past two months...

Last words from me...

I will lurk 'round and round' on soompi, wait until I greet you on another thread....

Annyeong chingus :wink: 

Congratulation on your legendhood.

YOu earned it.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, nearsea said:

@natouuu @ChunSungIm I don't know, what happens after fourth life passes by? Rather I would like to think what amber byul said , that ET is using a different name to avoid public eyes at her. Also see how she doesn't even need to be 'reminded' about her past life, and she voluntarily comes to canada, not the opposite, Shin didn't go to her first. So, that's something different than what happened with Sunny's life. I don't know, may be we would interpret differently according to what suits us at the end.

as for 4 life that eun tak always said :

Humans have four lives: a life of planting seeds, a life of watering the seeds, a life of harvesting and a life of cherishing the harvests” eun tak said shes nowhere in that category of four lives

but eun tak reincarnated for first time,so theres changes her face will be same.

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, frankreich said:

I guess the silver lining from all the loneliness surrounding KS being immortal is that he will always have ET (or her reincarnations) to look forward to. He'll continue his duties as a goblin and he'll continue to love and wait for ET no matter how many years pass. It's a bittersweet ending and I guess the most reasonable one I could think of right now. For Park So Min who has been waiting for that ahjussi from her past life, I hope she will have all the happiness in the world with the man her heart and soul had loved and will continue to love. 

I'm listening to Ailee at the moment and what you said was so beautiful that I started crying.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, nearsea said:

Hahah does it matter how good the rating was? I'm sure goblin would top every chart on frustrating drama ending this year. Nevertheless, I 'am' happy about it of course.

Hahahaha... :sweatingbullets: well, I feel you..I do..I mean,well..let's say we all know how it feels like.. but to answer your question, yes.. It does matter..or should I say the only thing that still matter now for me is whether we will see secretary Kim dancing TT or not.. Bittersweet all the way to the end. So TT it is. Yeah. So fitting, right? We are all literally TT

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, sooyoungdaebak said:

The fact to see KS so lonely without his loved ones around him is what made me upset with KES's writing. I can't fanthom why she would choose that. Isn't God punishing him for 900 years enough? For that, I blame the writer only.

Exactly the reason why I'm upset. I think KES did a mistake here

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, faidaris said:

I got up from bed just to agree with you. I couldn't sleep, I was reading (more like skimming through actually) the forum from my phone because I am still feeling melancholic, couldn't sleep, still have tears streaming down my cheek, and it hurts so bad I think I finally understood how it feels to have sword stabbed on your chest for life. I don't like typing on my phone hence I got up and picked up my laptop just to agree with you. I have not watched the back to back episodes, but I have come to know how the story ends so I think that what matters (more like BOTHERS me a whole lot!) most right now. How could the ending be fair to Kim Shin? Why does our writer stay true to the title of the drama? Why makes my Kim Shin lonely after all the years he has suffered? Why does he need to live in fear of the heartache and not knowing when his bride will die again and again and again and again and be reincarnated again and again and again and again? He was a kind, responsible, brave warrior and yet he has to bear the punishment despite being backstabbed. Fine, killing people is a huge sin, but it is just not fair, man! Not fair. He deserves eternal happiness, with no time lapse at all, not having to wait for his bride to reincarnate or whatever. It makes me so sad knowing he has to experience heartache again after finally serving his punishment. I guess I am just talking trash right now because I am still frustrated and because this character is just fictional :wacko: I forgot whether have I ever feeling this bad or depressed when a drama ended or not but this feels too surreal, just too much for my heart and my brain to handle. I might need my sleeping pill now...

Thank you dear :D Its justified to be depressed and angry about it. The ending reflects the writer's lack of trust in her deity. I understand she wanted to reflect the imperfection of life through the characters. I too understand  that this world was made to break peoples hearts. But this drama, for me, kind of reflected a hope of redemption, which was lost with the ending. The writer should trust her god a bit more. He might be twisted, but not totally unreasonable. I wish I could tell the writer this. Hug ..... :heart:

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, ChunSungIm said:

as for 4 life that eun tak always said :

Humans have four lives: a life of planting seeds, a life of watering the seeds, a life of harvesting and a life of cherishing the harvests” eun tak said shes nowhere in that category of four lives

but eun tak reincarnated for first time,so theres changes her face will be same.

But what about happens after the four lives? Shin is still a goblin, so that means at some point he has to bid ET farewell right? 

I have to say at this point that I hate open endings. Never in my mind I thought this drama would go that route, since the writer is same from heirs and Dots. Lol and now the very thing has happened.

• Like 6