[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

@carolinedl, sit comfortably on a chair and sing the song with as much enthusiasm as when you're served with blanched veggies. Also, there's no point featuring the other singer as she sang just once. If she sang the chorus all throughout, sure, I could take that. Heize could even do some of the verses rap-like instead of offering her non-energetic singing.

• Like 9

Who hasn't been fooled by previews?

The Ep 14 preview led me to believe that I would not see Shin until the closing moments of Ep 14.

헐! I was surprised to see him back before the 30 minute mark (although I must admit I was anxiously checking my clock and as the minutes ticked past, I became resigned and did not expect to see him - maybe only in flashbacks).

So I will reserve judgment until the actual episodes air.

PD NIM! I have cancelled DVD orders when the ending sucks. Do take note.

• Like 8

KES loves making us cry like buckets!!  And never believe in the preview!  Remember the traffic accident preview back in episode 8!

And @stroppyse : It's so good to see you here in this thread from MDBC :) and sharing your wonderful translations.  Like you, i dislike they'll have to reincarnate too but looks like things are hinting that way....especially from the "Round to Round" lyrics (spoiler)....AHH....someone tell me I'm wrong!

Spoiler

See Ya Never gone my way
Better will someday
Never far away

I’ll see you again
Even though things didn’t go the way I want
Some day, things will get better
I won’t go too far

See Ya Never gone my way
Better on my stay
Never far away

I’ll see you again
Even though things didn’t go the way I want
It will be better for you to stay here
Because I won’t go too far

Round and round and I never
know why
Round and round and it will show
us way out
It’s my delight

I don’t know why
But I’m always going round and round
Round and round
Some day, I’ll see where I have to go
That will be my happiness

As day goes by you hold on tight
another day
You’re wondering why but you know
why no other way

Just one more day
Hold onto the past
You might wonder why
But there is no other way

Some days the sun will shine down
Some days the moon will cry
Tomorrow we‘ll see
Tomorrow we‘ll be
As we go on our way

Sometimes, the sun shines
Sometimes, the moon cries
You will only know about tomorrow when tomorrow comes
When tomorrow comes, our wish may come true
When we are walking on our path

The world in your eyes forever is lie
as we go on our way
There is a thousand things to know

When we walk on our path
You can see our world
There is no such thing as forever
But there is so much to know

Sometimes we’re standing by
the things we never understand
As we go on our own way

When we walk on our path
Sometimes, there are things we don’t understand
That are right next to us

The sun goes down
The tides are low
I’ll see you on the day
Letting you go on your way

When the sun sets and the water rises
When that day comes, let’s meet again
I’ll let you go on your path

See Ya Never gone my way
Never we‘ll someday
Never far away

I’ll see you again
Our path is eternal
Some day, we will never be far apart again

See Ya Never gone my way
Never on my day
Never far away

I’ll see you again
Our path is eternal
On that day, we will never be far apart again

Round and round and I never
know why
Round and round and it will show
us way out
It’s my delight

I don’t know why
But I’m always going round and round
Round and round
Some day, I’ll see where I have to go
That will be my happiness

• Like 5

I have lowered my expectation to be okay with ET dying and getting reincarnated but reading more thoroughly @stroppyse translation above, it seems that KS will continue to become a goblin then?? Omo...that's the WORST ending possible. I need to stop reading what you all wrote here coz they make me more worried...

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, princess nour90 said:

i think KES inspired by many movies "50 first dates, &city of angels ":D

Yeah you're right, after the angel became human ( he chose it so he can be together with the doctor), the doctor died ( i think it'truck of doom also if i'm not mistaken), and he ended up alone. Tragic. :huh:. It's similar with KS chose to stay so he can be with ET, but then ET died. But well i believe we got happy ending. Though i don't have a clue how to get there. I still think reincarnation is quite a stretch, but i'll take it anyway for happy ending. Lol

• Like 6

After 3 previews,  this thread explodes. 

And like the three previews, we have three options (I am pretty sure it is a happy ending..just WHAT TYPE of "happy" and if it is THE "happy" we want).

Option 1: Both Sunny and Eun Tak got into some kind of accident and by God's grace and our duo pleas, they are made immortal.

Option 2:  By God's grace, He heard their pleas and reverse time, giving both Eun Tak and Sunny back their lives. Pardon both Wang Yeo and Kim Shin, giving them mortality and the grace of living out their lives with the love of their life. 

Option 3: Both girls reincarnated. Poor guys waited for both girls. Doesn't solve anything as both are still mortal and the latter both are still immortal. (the WTF ending) Not to mention, have to start everything over again. WTF. (excuse my language, I will be extremely pissed if we go down this road. I didn't waste a month plus if my life for this).

Sidenote. I LOVE the little details KES puts in this drama. Did anyone noticed what hairpin did the man who was Kim Shin's right hand man picked? It was a hairpin with stars. I thought it a bit queer that the camera focus on it and the choice of that stars hairpin AFTER Samsin Granny told him the story of the Goblin. 

I did a little research and there are sooo many references. 

Stars (the most famous one) is used in the phrase "star-crossed lovers" by William Shakespeare in his famous Romeo and Juliet play. The term star-crossed lovers is to represent a sorrowful love whereby the lovers affection for each other is doomed to end in tragedy. 

Stars in the Bible (the most well known) refers to The Star of Bethlehem. It represents the birth of Jesus which symbolizes hope among other things. 

Stars in the Tarots is a relationship card. The Star Card meant great future for the relationship but it can also meant a troubled relationship if it is received upside down to the reader. 

Stars in general also meant a big change or a turning point to a situation in a person's life. They also represent hope and wishes hence the phrase "to wish upon a wishing star" and the belief that a higher being hears your wishes and grants them. 

This is what I am inclined to believe (for the sake of my sanity) that both Wang Yeo and Kim Shin would pray earnestly to God to give them grace and to give them back their loves. (Option 2 cuz I want option 2...jebal)

• Like 15

58 minutes ago, princess nour90 said:

i think KES inspired by many movies "50 first dates, &city of angels ":D

I thought I'm the only one thinking of City of Angels movie...lol. I really hate that ending. An angel turned into a mortal cos he loves this woman so much only to have her die! Well, they did get to makeout before that...lol. I was afraid ep 14 would be like that since chingus here plus me thought KS would turn mortal. 

Round and Round song: I dislike it too. Even the beginning music is different. The feeling is just not there. Nothing against Heize. I wish the actual singer sang the entire song cos she has this haunting, melodic voice that sucks you in. 

• Like 13

this was the end of episode 13 where the sword was pulled out of KS's body... A heart-wrenching moment where ET cries so much..

vlcsnap_2017_01_21_08h30m25s28.png
vlcsnap_2017_01_21_08h30m47s251.png

And the one's in the latest preview where ET is in the tearoom and KS hugs her like what happened in episode 13.. KS also cries like ET cried for him

And btw, Am I the only one who noticed ET wearing a black scarf instead of her red one?

vlcsnap_2017_01_21_09h16m55s24.png

Unlike last night, I won't be able to live stream because I have an event to attend to :bawling:  Anyways, I'll just watch it with subs tomorrow and will restrain myself to lurk here or even in IG so I will not be spoiling myself... bruh.. oh I love spoilers tho, but I'll try to control myself..kekeke :)

Edited by LyraYoo
Please do not quote images
  • Like 22

2 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Kdrama characters need to learn basic driving lessons. A truck barelling towards a car/pedestrian is a norm in all dramas. Why is the truck driver driving so fast in a street like that, its not even a highway. 

I get it if the writer wants everyone dead by the end of the series, but why bring the truck of doom in this. There are other ways. That truck is too cliched.

I cant wait for todays ep 15 and 16 because i need closure for wangsun! Please writer-nim. Please give them closure. If not, i hope you'll make a spin-off drama with wangsun as the lead. Or maybe a special short series to share their story. Huhuhu. Wangsun crying again in the previews. Oh my poor grims :tears:

I also get it too if the writer decides to let everyone die. Life and death are two most impt topics of the drama right? I think if we want a happy ending the only way it can happen is for the two couples (1 immortal, the other is human, 1 GR and the other is human as well)  to die and be reincarnated *(no matter how we're sick of reincarnation). 

• Like 3

I'm on tenterhooks with the last two episodes regardless whether this story ends on a happy note or a devastating one. I appreciate a good plot twist because it adds a new dimension to a story I thought I figured out. But as an audience, I wouldn't want to suffer through plot twist after plot twist especially on the last remaining episodes.  It makes me lose sight of why I fell in love with the story in the first place, it's characters.

We have  immortals , sipping their proverbial tea, (beer? ;D)who probably watched as empires rose and fell, who  chose to find happiness  in humanity, in all of it's frailty

And the humans, with their finite lives show wisdom beyond their mortal bodies. 

Oh writer-nim, you have written such unique and dynamic characters,  to have them reduced into hapless plot devices will be the greatest disservice to your story.

This drama  has stealthily avoided the pitfalls of it's genre (melo/romance) for all it's past episodes. Fingers crossed it doesn't turn out like the dramas our GRIM Reaper loves watching.

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, liz-danielle said:

the latest preview.... i think the car accident happened and GR saves her (remember GR said she will meet the death for 29 39 49?)... KS thought she dies and GR bring her to GR work place so then the hug and "sorry".

Read at your own risk...

oh! I like your theory! I think the fact that she's telling him "sorry", is like this, "I'm sorry if I scared you. Sorry that you almost lost me." KS ugly crying and hugging her tightly.

[/spoiler}

Edited by pnaysurfer84
added comment under spoiler to not spoil anyone's mind
  • Like 12

YQUQzlz.gif

tQwZIfR.gif

why on earth she have to back again and staring to that door.

MORNINGGGG everyone B)... i haven't have a time to watch or back read but why do i feel panic vibe in here??:unsure:

we'll got the answer in couple hours anyway, don't thinking too much CHINGU~ya.... Both couple will be have a happy end (no matter what type of happiness it is), KES have a good career in South korea i believe she don't wanna migrate to other place either :lol:

DON'T WORRY.... BE HAPPY

• Like 20

1 hour ago, pnaysurfer84 said:

oh! I like your theory! I think the fact that she's telling him "sorry", is like this "I'm sorry if I scared you. Sorry that you almost lost me." KS ugly crying and hugging her tightly.

This! This is why I love reading the possibilities which may occur in Ep 15 and 16.

can we have more sunshine theories to the ending? 

• Like 9