[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

@blademan Hm, interesting. I hope she does not frankly. That would be unlike her, really. No? But that could make GR and her possible too.

Remember that GR who saw his wife's soul and ran off with her. The Jr GR tells WY that story in the beginning. What if sthg similar happens to Wy and Sunny? What if GR tries to run away?

Seeing that, God might have mercy and allow them to be reincarnated together, finally. So we would have a happy ending for the future, in their next life... Breaking the cycle.

• Like 6

Related imageRelated imageRelated imageRelated image 

I thought I could wait for the subs before writing after seeing the raw but there is a lot of emotion when you see something for the first time.  You read the faces and the body language and are forced to look even deeper trying to figure out the thoughts behind the words you can't understand...  But having to rely only on those things opens up a whole new language of what you feel...

We were brought to the moments and reminders of the Goblin & ET's heart wrenching and soul stirring yet so loving one trying to hold on and one trying not to let go.  We really didn't need a reminder for most of us can see it in our minds even now...

You see the lighting and there is a feeling of thunder and sadness that can't be explained even a smoky darkness that flashes.  It would seem as if those within the Goblins life like lightning striking so were the people who knew him being struck one at a time.  Memories and words disappearing as if everything about him was being erased quickly as if he had never been...

But just as fast as lighting so were ET's fingers moving writing the words down on paper maybe a reminder, maybe a message to herself, maybe afraid of forgetting, maybe thoughts about her forever love. 

The beauty of the skies are moving the clouds open up as if revealing heaven itself its beautiful although we see the Goblin alone broken and in despair.  Tears still flowing and him humbled and it seems begging we hear the voices of heaven speaking around him and him laying there almost hopeless...

All of a sudden what I expected Gods mercy alone would allow him a second chance on life maybe even under conditions.  Either way  I don't believe that is what happened.  I'm  taking a chance by going on what my heart alone believes that along with Gods intervention it took the spirit and strength of the human heart.  A love that wouldn't surrender that called like an echo beyond deaths door, beyond the grave, beyond even impossible.  Her blowing out that candle was like her calling him home without even knowing it.  Creating their very own miracle because of a love that just couldn't let go...

Forgive my mistakes that are most likely here I will take responsibility for them.  Yet I don't regret a word because it's not what I knew only what I felt and to me there is beauty in that as well...

1 hour ago, shynaz said:

We still dont know...

1.Why gossip ghost still here?

2.How about connection boy and friend ET..Look so confused about them

3.What happen to auntie ET?

4.Second grim reaper will come right?

5.How Et will remember and why goblin still have power?

6Lastly can wee see secretary dance or not...LOL:tongue:

1. why kim shin still a goblin / have powers

2. all of 9 years why at 29 eun tak summons him / can summon him,she can do it early.

but still i love this eps,how kim shin chases eun tak love again.

• Like 6

I am so upset after watching the preview, I think I might develop a heart disease cause of depression. For the first time in seven weeks I feel so hopeless about this drama that I don't feel like watching today's episode. After all that suffering, was is so difficult to give them 2 episodes of happiness??? :bawling:

• Like 8

Oh just had a thought based on two of my previous posts.

What if the son-to-be that KS's second-in-command during the war is actually going to be the reincarnation of WY?!? KS had said that his son will accomplish great things... I can totally see that. The parallels would point to that.

I just said that the only way WY and Sunny would get a happy ending is if they get to reincarnate together, as in at the same time so that they can meet and be happy in their next life.

• Like 7

I find it pretty sad that the words JET scrambled to write down as she was losing her memories contributed to her 9 years of of torment. If she hadn't written down the little she had, while she'd still feel out of sorts about things, she wouldn't be so certain that she'd forgotten someone or some promise.

• Like 17

@liz-danielle @jigah @dramu51ch0c10ve hi..

sorry for the delay. i needed to first debunk my own suspicions with the preview first. just glad that Ep15 and 16 is tomorrow.

about that fruit. i'd like to warn you i gasped because a gut feeling arrived and an outlier observation was derived. therefore, what i'll be describing below, unlike what i've been previously doing, are not reliant on facts or logic. it is purely based on my habitual dramaturgical observations of films.

Spoiler

first, i really am wishing that i was thinking too much or am wrong here. i don't hope for it to happen, and i honestly right i'm feeling some guilt thinking this way cuz my reaction to this was based on a hunch from watching films, instead of the usual facts and knowlege i relied on. if i am right with this hunch, that means my whole perceived notion of who KES is as a writer would then transcend into a whole new plane of awed respect for her work. so i don't want to believe anything more devastating than a necessary sad departure to be happening in Ep.15. but the Previews are giving me a scare, too. holy goosebumps right now.

now on the oranges:
the oranges, it has a universal presence here. nothing too obvious on religion or anthropology or myth. also i won't say it has any closely related western or eastern influences, either. but it is a known symbol in film culture. ever since The Godfather, it became a sign among filmmakers and screenwriters that the presence of oranges in a scene is a sure sign of a bad omen to come to crucial characters who handle them. i did get the shivers seeing those undeserving oranges being shown for more than just five seconds in that scene and even mentioned as a part of the script by both ET and Sunny.

now, only one thing is fact here:
in tVn i have seen oranges appear in Signal the famous series, just before a psychopath appeared behind his final victim (whom he was unaware he was in love with). it was carried in a plastic bag by the victim, dropped and rolled to the psychopath's feet. she picked it up and gave it to him. they both touched it. but he went into a panic fit and groaned at her and walked out dazed. she died in his hands, he regretted it. and he decided to commit suicide. 

this was why i had to check on the previews, and even was about to curse at KES, bless her.

so even though i trust KES will never fails us to have a beautiful Ep.16 ending with no loose end as her signature in her stories, i feel that Ep.15 will be painful to watch. very painful...like she did with DOTS. seeing that the previews weren't helping either, from seeing ET in an accident and Sunny in a sick state, i am not feeling good about the next episode. it's no wonder i felt strange that Ep.14 was a good connector of sorts for the story arc...but stagnant. it was like a pause, a calm before the ultimate storm. i'd probably come out of this tomorrow night feeling like i just survived a boxing match, bloodied, crying my heart out but smiling with some lost teeth.

KES is going to punch us down like fools again this time and i'm not sure if i'm ready.

Edited by Amber Byul
additional information
  • Like 18

OMG bed scene tomorrow

the chicken restaurant will be the most popular desination after the show, local and international, such a good sponser placement

im glad they keep the quality of the show til the end, even its slow sometimes

still they shot the end before everything else, kge and gy has to act two different character, the script múst have done way aheard of shooting, not many kdrama do that nowaday

• Like 10

Just finished watching ep 14. Cried towards the beginning, laugh in the middle, and then cried again towards the ending. 

Ep 15 preview..omo..i refuse to believe what i saw with GR and Sunny. Previews are trolls. But i accept to believe what i saw with KS and ET :wub::D

So, let me get this straight: tomorrow both 15 and 16 will air back to back right? I wanna stay up for live recaps. But it will start airing at around 4 am here where i am :blink:

*will be back to put my inputs on ep 14 on my computer*

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, soultree said:

But i dont understnd, she was cold with him and then she started dating him, was it her subconscience ?

Deep inside her, she always felt a connection. And of course, an attraction to him. He makes her curious. And from what i know, one dates because there is something about that other person that pulls you into wanting to explore more, either through dating or just conversations. 

I believe it's because she likes him too :wink:

• Like 16

2 hours ago, staygold said:

You cant unhear the 'cereal'... I even heard 'cecilia' and 'syria' at one point in time!!! :tongue: I will listen to this song until I can hear 'See ya' that's the only way to cure oneself!!! :lol:

Lol..no matter how many times i listen, even with the audio to my ears, i just still hear 'cereal'. I don't know why I just can't seem to know what the true first word is haha. 

My sis still says it is 'syria'. And she says "it makes no sense but it's what i hear' ROFL. I told her..this song has nothing to do with Syria or Cereal. Or a seal. Hahaha.

I feel like i am going round and round too, especially with the episode i just watched a few mins ago. Round and round with emotions. 

6 minutes ago, soultree said:

Yeah that's what i thought toô the subconscience, she is finally interested in someone, maybe the curiosity hehe

Hmm..maybe it can be the subconscious. I have to watch again later. The subs were off on that part for me and my phone went slow :D

------

BUT..

You guys, should we bring binoculars to zoom into the bed scene we are receiving tomorrow from KS and ET??

I know. I know. I am a gutter freak :tongue:

• Like 7

Sorry I'll say something that might ruin everyone mood....... So I put under spoiler

Spoiler

I think ET clothes in preview Ep 15 is the same one she wore in spoiler when she drive her car and meet GR

Aaaaaaah after I found happiness in the end of Ep 14, my heart break again with new preview of Ep 15 :bawling:

• Like 9

Just watched ep 14 with subs and how cute was Sunny to have checked her CCTV just to check out on the good looking guy (aka GR) who gave the letter? :lol: I found it funny that even through the CCTV lens she still got attracted to the same guy. 

BTW how is it possible that even after 9 years Sunny never aged one bit?? :blink: I've read in previous pages that she should be around 40 years of age by the current timeline? However, she still manages to look exactly the same. Could she be part immortal or something?? Lolol.

The preview looked like it would be a sad time for our WangSun otp but I think I would try not to think too much about it for now. Instead will revel on this cute moment until tomorrow comes. :sweatingbullets:

At the same time I am looking forward to the upcoming (hopefully preview don't troll us) lovey dovey monents between ShinTak couple.

PS: Btw I like how Kim Go Eun changed the way she speaks to illustrate on how Eun Tak has become an adult. Her voice sounds deeper and not as cutesy as 19 year old Eun Tak. Although I kind of miss her cutesy way of speaking. :/

• Like 16

I just want to say that now I can understand why KES gave the female lead role to KGE. She totally nails it. From a bubbly 20 year-old to a 29 year-old with a hidden, profound sadness. The way she presents herself are so different. I'm in awe. 

This sad love our OTPs are having...gosh. 9 years of agony. Right now, an open ending is even acceptable for me, as long as nobody dies :(((

• Like 16