[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

48 minutes ago, xxhuntressxx said:

I sorta have a question/theory

1. Everyone assumes ET will lose her memory, what if KS is the one that will lose his while ET retains hers? Could it be possible for KS to be "reborn" he has to give up his memories? In the future that KS saw, ET described the man to Sun as "a certain man" not because she lost her memories but because she didn't want to tell Sun yet that KS is still alive not knowing if he truly remembers. She caressed her necklace while waiting for that man, maybe she's excited to see the same man that gave her that necklace, maybe it's her way of making him remember her by going to that same restaurant. If this theory pans out, would it be like how GR  made Sun remember her past, by a kiss?

2. Or both of them lose their memories. Wouldn't it be real destiny if they found each other again without having all that "baggage"?

About that little boy though, could his grandma be THE grandma?

I might be talking nonsense right now, cried all night rewatching last night's episode over and over. 1 more week...

I ❤️ Your 1st theory. Hope it will happen because I dont want to see my baby JET lost all her memories she has with Shin. It will break my heart again. I have cried alot today since watched ep 13. 

• Like 7

Just when you think you can distract yourself... After all there is a week left... 

You turn to your Youtube to watch something else ... but you see a page filled with Goblin OST, scenes.... You try to run away... 

Then I go to facebook. None of my friends watch goblin... so  nothing can make me sad there, right? 

And I see this post ... 

tumblr_ojr4lwD7zQ1rdufa9o1_1280.jpg

And I might be the only one who was about to but a crying emoji for the post instead of like button...

1099278laawhxtxnm.jpg

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, 122am said:

KS: So do I. I love you. I already did that back there (he's talking about kissing her, he showed her his love)
我也    爱你。 这个,已经做到了。
Me too. I love you. This, I have done. (My understanding is: 'I love you, I have loved you. Loving you, I have done it. All this time.' So I think he is trying to say... 'I have been loving you all along, all the way.' Just that he didn't say it out. So... the original Eng subtitle, 'I already did that back there', should be understood as, the whole journey of being with ET, understanding her, accepting her as Goblin's Bride, knowing her, loving her, all time spent together = back there. And not just overnight trip and kiss.)

*turns to ashes after a tear

Actually, as I am rewatching the scene... there is a part of the sentence that isn't translated. Does anyone speak real good Korean here?

So KS says: "Me too (나도). I love you (사랑한다). I..." Actually, he does not say 'I' (no need in Korean) But he says "Oh mata..." at that moment his hand drops from her face. Which I would translate as "Oh right..." and it expresses a realization. Can anyone confirm this? Do you hear it too?!?!

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

Was it really gone ? We can still hope it's not.

The trick was, the last time it was shown and noticed by Kim Shin, he described it as "faint mark" which means it was not totally gone. Either when Goblin dies the mark will also disappear or Eun Tak will have it still.

------------------

Reposting the gif's just because

The bokeh done right this time :D

I think it did disappear because she couldn't see the purple PJH in the end because the mark has gone and she can't see spirits. That's why PJH wanted to attack her "later".

• Like 6

1 hour ago, inna75 said:

Hehe..i like this part. I also think the scene was for us, the Goblin's troopers, actually  hehehe. To sweeten us up before KS was taken away. Not so much for ET because if it is for ET, then it will be cruel to leave with one sweet night to remember, knowing there will be no more nights like that after this..:dissapointed_relieved:

yesterday that part is for us... who know in upcoming 3 ep it will be turn out for ET? when ET recalled what happened that night when KS give his all and his "best" shy-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862519 all at once in that night :lol::tongue:. after sometime it won't be that cruel for ET to remembering all that hot sweet memory, like sunny said "every moment when you were in even all the sadness and hardship, all of them make me happy" lol :lol: (look at me getting wild when everybody still on mourning stage...:blink::ph34r:

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

Actually, as I am rewatching the scene... there is a part of the sentence that isn't translated. Does anyone speak real good Korean here?

So KS says: "Me too (나도). I love you (사랑한다). I..." Actually, he does not say 'I' (no need in Korean) But he says "Oh mata..." at that moment his hand drops from her face. Which I would translate as "Oh right..." and it expresses a realization. Can anyone confirm this? Do you hear it too?!?!

Not too sure. But I did hear him said "I love you" twice. First out loud. Second a whisper like a confirmation of what he just declared. 

Haha. I think we r all nuts now that we have been discussing a scene for pages. 

• Like 4

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Goblin" Episode 13

photo808291.jpg

So apparently the Grim Reaper has been breaking rules this entire time regarding unnecessary memory manipulation, so it's up to the Grim Reaper investigation team to suitably punish him. As it turns out this is all just a thinly veiled excuse to allow the Grim Reaper to fill in the remaining gaps in the flashback story, although at this point we can pretty easily guess what happens. So much blood spilled, for so little apparent purpose. Kind of like how "Goblin" is with ink.

...That being an imperfect metaphor, since no one writes with ink anymore. Again, kind of like "Goblin" itself. The drama creates all these arbitrary rules and then has its characters disobey them in equally arbitrary fashion receiving various random punishments in exchange. This makes it more than a little difficult to relate to any of the characters. But if I had to choose one, it would be Sunny, who remains rather bewildered by all this past life stuff, even if she is steadfast in certainty when it comes to her emotions.

"Goblin" has this weird effect with romance where the chemistry is sort of good but ultimately completely lacking in logic. Logic is not generally a requirement when it comes to romantic chemistry, yet "Goblin" really does manage to beg that question when characters have these huge grief-stricken epiphanies about love stories I don't remember ever actually seeing. Past life romance seems to be about the only flashback story detail that hasn't been exposited in-depth even though it's really the only important one.

The same can be written about the main villain, whose supernatural abilities appear to be entirely the result of his being an unusually spiteful jerk. I can't decide whether this is better or worse than the previous villain, who was implied to be God, yet who is seen here quibbling over the semantics of utility payments. Time and again "Goblin" is always getting me to write very bizarre sentences that only underscore how surreal the actual drama is.

The cliffhanger is admittedly somewhat intriguing, in that it leaves us wondering whether "Goblin" is actually going to try and close out the remaining episodes without one of the principal characters. Considering how tangential the cast is when it comes to any kind of plot, the drama may well be able to survive that obvious snag, were it not for the problem of grief. This episode is rather somber overall, and I can't see that tone being maintained.

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-goblin-episode-13-102405.html

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, hallee said:

P.S. Would you know the title of the Bgm/Ost used for Kim Shin's death scene???i totally missed the title on their ost soundtrack list.

It's this song

I loved what @melonpark said.  I don't think I've ever seen a better desperate kiss scene or a better acted death scene.  It was utterly gut wrenching!  It hurt my heart watching it.   I was afraid maybe her heart attack would be a result of her bone deep despairing heartbreak over his death.

I really think the writing is a whole other level.  All those choices each of the characters were making and their willingness to sacrifice hope, love, and their very lives for each other lends validity to the overall story arc.  To be able to do that in a non cheesy way is difficult.

I hope those very choices will determine their fate at the end and make it happy.

Side note it would be awesome if granny/god lady got together with 2nd in command GR. She should get a happy ending too.  

• Like 9

It was so heart-wrenching to see Sunny breaking up Grim Reaper at the bridge, personally even more so than the ending of Goblin and Eun Tak, for all that Kim Sun, Wang Yeo, Sunny & Grim Reaper have gone through. T^T

Nevertheless, Goblin having to die at the hands of the eunuch again and get separated from his love is an indescribably tragic too.

I feel everything on the rooftop happened so quickly. From Eun Tak realising the eunuch's plot all this while to the eunuch taking over her body to the appearance of Grim Reaper, everything happened so perfectly (or coincidentally). If one piece of the puzzle didn't fall in place, it could have meant the death of Goblin or Eun Tak instead of the eunuch.

I have many questions like why Goblin needed Eun Tak to summon him instead of going back to the rooftop to check on her immediately after the eunuch vanished. What would Goblin have done if Grim Reaper had not appeared? Would Goblin have still been able to counter the eunuch with him inside Eun Tak?

Edit: Also, given that Wang Yeo taking his own life was described as the greatest sin of all, it is regrettable to see Eun Tak trying to take her own life although it was intended to save Goblin and the circumstance was vastly different from Wang Yeo's.

And the way eunuch died and vanished into thin air was surely a lot less fanciful than I would like, but I guess it was done with the intention to make Goblin's death the memorable climax instead of his revenge on the eunuch. Overall, good job.

• Like 10

If preview has the dandelion flower, KS and the letter then...

What Does the Dandelion Flower Mean?

The common and humble Dandelion has a surprising amount of different meanings. The Dandelion means:

• Healing from emotional pain and physical injury alike
  • Intelligence, especially in an emotional and spiritual sense
  • The warmth and power of the rising sun
  • Surviving through all challenges and difficulties
  • Long lasting happiness and youthful joy
  • Getting your wish fulfilled

"Getting your wish fulfilled" - like coming back on the first snow?

• Like 24

2 hours ago, carolinedl said:

I believe this is what he said..? Although I have been having private Korean language lessons, I still read better than I listen.

"나도. 사랑한다. 맞다.... 그것 까지 의미가 이였다." (Nado... Saranghanda. Matta... keugeot kkaji euimiga iyotta.)

Translation: Me too... I love you. That's right. Since that time, I have done so.

Comments:

I read somewhere on this thread that "사랑한다" (Saranghanda) is old language. Not necessarily. It's just on the same level of politeness as "사랑해요", perhaps a little more respectful.. It makes Kim Shin's honest confession all the more poignant, as he holds her tenderly. He feels so much respect for her, and she is so precious to him.

EDIT: I had misheard. It should be "나도 사랑한다. 맞다. 그것까지 이미 하였다". 

Translation: Me too.. I love you. That's right. I have already done that (lit: I have already reached that stage [of loving you]).

Thanks to @hartofseeker @carolinedl 's friend, and gongyooday on IG.

Edited by hairuchii
Made amendments
  • Like 24

26 minutes ago, CatWhiskers said:

Not too sure. But I did hear him said "I love you" twice. First out loud. Second a whisper like a confirmation of what he just declared. 

Haha. I think we r all nuts now that we have been discussing a scene for pages. 

Boom boom ain't it great to be crazy!

DF has it translated to "I love you. Until the end. I already have." So now I'm crazy cause I'm like broken sentences, what?

• Like 6