[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

In another site, someone mentioned ET's death card stated she will die from a heart attack. Makes me wonder if GR will send her to the hospital since we saw her collapse in agony and devastation over KS's death. Does this play a role in her amnesia? Somehow GR help her forget so she can live? I dunno. Watched the third time and my heart still crushed. :bawling: I miss Kim Shin already! 

• Like 13

So..... if PJW had gone to hell without escaping the grim reaper, our ET and her mom would not have died? 

Well he did say that he tapped into the human's evil desires, but it still makes me wonder. Was it all the fault of a grim reaper who missed his soul...? Who helped him escape the grim reaper in the first place? 

ET was a missing soul because our Goblin helped her but what about this PJW.... ?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sooyoungdaebak said:

In another site, someone mentioned ET's death card stated she will die from a heart attack. Makes me wonder if GR will send her to the hospital since we saw her collapse in agony and devastation over KS's death. Does this play a role in her amnesia? Somehow GR help her forget so she can live? I dunno. Watched the third time and my heart still crushed. :bawling: I miss Kim Shin already! 

I was thinking the same thing. 

But I hope that her card goes up in flames because Goblin has disappeared. Like the Goddess of birth said, "You have to die if ET has to live"

One thing I don't want in this drama is amnesia, unless it is the next birth.

• Like 8

I am ready to go shooping right now:o

By the way congratulations to the rating...:heart:I just has one comment to here...

Spoiler

Its look its very hard goblin get more 20 percent although I know this cable channel..Its strange because in my country majority watch this drama and look so viral goblin in the internet.I follow most  fb and ig who talk about this drama so much.The funny when they say Allahuakhabar majority from Indonesia after watch Kim Shin died.I feel lost when other drama make just simple story and slow plot is easier get 20 percent rating..That just my opnion..

i will watch this episode tonight..Need to buy tissue..B)

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, rrmski said:

@selenette Do you mean this?

She's crying so prettily. She is really a strong girl.

ahh thank you so much for the gifs

Honey TTTTTTT She was all like ''I should look pretty'' because she is going to see GR. :bawling:

Ah and @selenette I forgot to add to my previous reply, when you talked about WangSun being different people and they should settle some things  I thought Sunny's ''Goodbye, Your Majesty,'' kind of symbolizes that, modern and old days.:bawling: 

I made some too :tears:

q5flpwy.gif Qiy8hFQ.gif

NiJOSPI.gif LYjJlP3.gif 

• Like 12

3 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

IT was @selenette who mentioned it after my analysis about the butterfly as God's representation! I agree with you that in this drama, free will has always been implied, especially when Kim Shin told the man (boy from 1968) that he was the one who made the right decisions. KS only gave him a choice. It was also visible, when ET's mother was about to die... she was given the alternative, but she could have refused. No, she remembered the words from the old halmoni and asked for help.

Ah your post just made ma feel so much better already!... *hugs*

Sorry @selenette for having forgotten. Credit was given where it is due! Thanks @bebebisous33!

ETA: Oh yes @selenette we do Philosophy in High School. It's mandatory for everyone in the final year of high school. Plus I got a PhD in Literature :wink: So I have read my fair share of Sartre and all. I read this whole thing about Fate, Free Will and Chance this morning to make me feel better. They mentioned the butterfly effect as being able to alter fate, etc. Very interesting.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, zagigirl said:

...you forgot GR got even internal affairs on his back as well...that was such a great detail in this story :wink:

@zagigirl  Yeah I forgot! And the higher ups just gave Wang Yeo his painful memories, like a stab to the heart. I mean we don't see any of his beautiful memories in Ep 13. So to him, all he had ever done was to cause pain and harm on others. :(

And we can see him losing sleep and obsessing over the ring and the scroll, because they were ties to those painful memories. :(  In his right mind, he knew he shouldn't be thinking of returning the ring to Sunny or even taking a look at the scroll. But I guess he was too overwhelmed by those memories to even try to stop himself.

Gah I'm crying again. Fuchsia in Rage did this to me!!

Edited by selenette
In Rage. Not just Fuchsia.
  • Like 7

@Sunset90 continuing the bloodline is important in any where in the world.   giving a heir..   even today giving birth to son is important, he passes the surname.  it still the same male dominated society even at this 21th century..   

nothing much have changed..  committing suicide is a big sin in all religions, You can not take the life that god has given to you,  Only almighty have the right to give and take..  

@sooyoungdaebak GRP promised KS that he is going to erase those memories so she can cont living happily.  

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Sunset90 said:

The king committed suicide and actually even in Hinduism, it is considered to be one of the worst sins. For a king, the first duty should be protecting others, but he didn't protect anybody. He failed to see who truly loves him. 

He killed the whole of Kim Shin family. In Asian culture, I think it is very important thing to have children and continue your bloodline. You would have seen many dramas where the grandmas, mothers are so particular about producing the heir. I see it my country to this very date. There are many rituals in which we think of our ancestors and pray for them, pay respects to them. He was one of the reasons behind  the killing all of Kim Shin's relatives, which means Kim Shin's heritage was totally destroyed. As a king, WY shouldn't have let that happen. That's what he is paying for.  The worst thing is that he was manipulated, emotionally abused by PJW. That's a very sad thing. There are so many people even in this generation, who are in abusive relationships ( both physcially and emotionally) who don't see that they deserve more. There are so many people who are coerced into doing crimes, though they may not have done otherwise. But, they still have to pay for their crime. I guess that's the category WY falls into. 

KS, though a warrior, has killed so many people in the war and thus, he had to pay for it by living in sorrow for years. I remember Deok hwa (as God) said that. It is true though: the only reason, I'm still able to live happily  after my grandfather passed away is because I decide to move on and pain slowly ebbs away. Butmy memories never fade away, and were raw as they were before, I wouldn't be able to live. I think KS had to love people knowing that he was going to lose them in the future for 939 years... Too much of a punishment but every life he took away has to be given justice. 

I do think that they have been suffering for way too long though. Especially when the real mastermind of the crime, PJW hasn't paid for his evil actions. That's really unfair by God. 

About king's suicide...they were poisoning him...he would die anyway

You r right about awful things that were done...i'm ok with punishment...but till where??????????...and why not the same with everyone????

I give you 5 for last sentence!

• Like 3

What broke my heart when GR gained his WY memories, when he didn't think he was loved, he was told that he was loved by KS. Everyone loved him. To protect him, they loved him their own way but he didn't see it because of the lies of evil Eunuch Park. He was so blinded. Oh GR! KS loved you. Ahhhh!!! :(

• Like 13

@Sunset90  Thanks for the post on suicide and bloodline. It injects a deeper cultural (and religious) perspective on the weights of Kim Shin's and Wang Yeo's sins. It isn't only the bloodshed that counts as sin, but also the reasons behind the bloodshed, as you explained.

God we talk about heavy stuff in this thread. I miss the days when we could just joke, back in those times. Here, the joke is almost always mixed with the angst. Or maybe it's just my drama queen self.

• Like 10

I cannot comment about this drama because still not yet watch this drama:(

Just want to mention kudos to our production include tvn give more writer what she wants  to write.it show tvn respect and give freedom to writer to make all this scene because I know other station is diffcult and protocol when make the scenes.The scenes mades beautiful,editing is good and music is suitable.

:heart:

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, selenette said:

@zagigirl  Yeah I forgot! And the higher ups just gave Wang Yeo his painful memories, like a stab to the heart. I mean we don't see any of his beautiful memories in Ep 13. So to him, all he had ever done was to cause pain and harm on others. :(

And we can see him losing sleep and obsessing over the ring and the scroll, because they were ties to those painful memories. :(  In his right mind, he knew he shouldn't be thinking of returning the ring to Sunny or even taking a look at the scroll. But I guess he's too overwhelmed by those memories to even try to stop himself.

Gah I'm crying again. Fuchsia did this to me!!

None beautiful memories..but not just in this ep...did we saw any so far?..he might of have with his queen if it wasn't for that eunuch :( 

At least our GR felt good a bit that he was a happy memory for Sunny and that she didn't forget him... despite their unhappy ending

So...you r not rushing to buy a fuchsia lipstick??? :o...but its so trendy these days :tongue:

• Like 3

ON MEMORY ERASURE

So we all know Wang Yeo promised to erase Eun-tak's memories once Kim Shin died.

However.

1. Will his memory erasure work on Eun-tak, if she really treasures those memories with Kim Shin? Sunny is immune to the erasure because of this exact reason: she treasures the memories of Wang Yeo.

2. Will it work because Eun-tak is no longer a Goblin bride? That is to say, will she have no supernatural immunity at all?

Conjectures here:

1. Is Sunny an exception to memory erasure because she's Wang Yeo's soulmate...or no, is it because she now remembers her past life? He could erase her memories before, but not again?

2. Is Wang Yeo's memory erasure power diminishing? He was reprimanded by the higher ups because of the power abuse.

Edited by selenette
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, ucylucy said:

10. [+2,882, -99] This is just a random thought: he should have thrown himself onto Park Joong Hun and stabbed him with the pointy part of the sword sticking out of his back ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Lol! Why didnt goblin think of doing this. Then he and euntak can still be happy in this episode and all us viewers wont be this sad. 

We already have Grims and Sunny as the sad couple, we dont need both to be sad. I hope for a happy and logical ending for them. My logical brain says  its near impossible Grims can be with Sunny. The auditors will pester him like crazy for breaking more rules even after suspension. 

On the other hand, past life Grims looking dishelved and heartbroken was tough to watch. Lee dong wook is awesome. 

• Like 6