[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

I believe Grim and Sunny will be reunited at the end. Grim has relived his sins and he is repenting. He acknowledges his sins (causing the death of so many people) and he did not try to blame it on someone else. 

And seeing that he willingly consumed the poisoned medicine, that was tantamount to suicide. A very big sin. 

Should he then be forgiven for what he did (900 years ago?) Or he can only be forgiven by the one he sinned against? 

• Like 11

Now i understand the purpose of that sword...to kill park jung won although it took almost 1000 years.

Does it means the will chairman yoo leave with to the secretary still not claimed yet by kim shin?he will claim it as a mortal?

I can't wait for the last 3 ep...i'm pretty sure maybe grim reaper will wipe eun tak memory but the feeling still there just like how wang yeo...i hope GR also get a good ending with sunny..

I will watch this episode back to back next week.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, NRGchick said:

For you @janeeta. Hope this makes you smile.

9LS7z8.gif

I can't see it babe, what is it? :wub:

Edit: I can see it now! Awww thank youuu :heart: I needed it after a rough morning. I love y'all, it's like we're a big family of goblin brides :wub:

right this is interesting you guys asked me if we are gonna have a passionate kiss and I have asked my cards

woow powerful cards

Spoiler

First card Queen of Wands

wands13.jpg

sunflowers symbolises fertility, joy and satisfaction.

blackcat : her interest in occult powers and the energy of magic. (sword is energy here in goblin)

a strong leader who is focused on her desires, intending to get what she wants. ( she wants to be the golin bride, she wants to get a kiss)

highly energetic and leads a busy and active life ( she has said somewhere goblin is the stay at home husband she is the working lady roles have changed )

She creates a powerful first impression and is a likeable individual who makes friends easily by being sweet, warm and charming.( true, she is charming and likeable)

She wants to be ‘known’, to be ‘someone’. She has bountiful social and professional networks and she draws people to her with her charisma and positive energy. She may have dreams of being a celebrity one day, whether it be within the entertainment industry, her chosen professional industry or her circle of friends. ( she is a celeb in ghost world, as she is the goblin bride)

The downside to the Queen of Wands is that she can sometimes be stubborn, particularly if she pursues an ambition or goal for too long and burns herself out in the process. Even the Queen of Wands is not invincible, even if she thinks she is! At times, she may also be deceptive, overbearing, irritable, righteous and even tyrannical, particularly if you get on her bad side. She also has a fiery, passionate personality with a quick temper. She may be known to get all worked up, yell and scream, and then give you a hug, all within the space of an hour.

well hellloo guess what our 2nd card is 

KING OF SWORDS AKA KIM SHIN = GOBLIN 

swords14.jpg

he wears a ring finger is a ring, symbolic of power and taking his responsibilities seriously. The King wears a blue tunic, symbolic of a desire for spiritual understanding, and a purple cape, symbolic of compassion combined with intellect. The back of his throne is decorated with butterflies (transformation), crescent moons and an angel just near his left ear, positioned as if to give him subtle guidance. The sky is relatively clear with a few clouds, representing general mental clarity. The trees in the background appear motionless and reflect the stern judgement of the King.

His character indicates the stern leadership of a judge, lawyer, or military commander whose emotions must be kept in check under the pressure of battle. Therefore, the King of Swords asks you to remain detached and objective in a specific situation, in order to ascertain the truth and seek out only the facts. You need to use your intellect to prove your point and succeed. Your education and experience are important but so are your day-to-day observations and thoughts. You can also solve problems by using history, rules, laws and diplomacy.

This King is also a man of the highest ethical standards. It is impossible to corrupt him and as such he acts as a pillar of strength who gives sound advice to everyone, no matter who they are. What is more, he firmly expects others to operate by the rules of the law and will not tolerate others who break the law. As a father, for example, he will become very angry if his children do not follow the ‘house rules’.

have not we seen this how he punishes the ones who doesn't obey the rules..   

10 of Wands

wands10.jpg

so the final card is telling us yes the passionate kiss is gonna come but after overcoming obstacles, after fulfilling the consequences he Ten of Wands suggests that even with the achievement of your goal, there comes with it great responsibilities and commitments. While you have reached a point of completion, you are becoming starkly aware that you must now carry on with the responsibilities you have laid out for yourself, in order to ensure ongoing success. 

• Like 5

Ailee lands an all-kill with 'Goblin' OST love theme!

Ailee's love song for the 'Goblin' OST has landed an all-kill on music charts!

Viewers of the hit tvN drama must be loving her track "I Will Go to You Like the First Snow", part 9 of the OST, as it's topped all major music charts just a week after its official release. The sad ballad is a theme for Kim Shin (Gong Yoo) and Ji Eun Tak's (Kim Go Eun) fateful love story.

Congrats to Ailee. Listen to the song above!

Ailee_1484317763_20170113_ailee.jpg

Source: AllKpop

• Like 17

39 minutes ago, itzibitzispider said:

@makeuptemple ... How? How to make that sword? An App?

Ok ... I read the recaps and saw no picture of it, so I thought you were refering to ETmoms final departure, that PJH was responsible for that.
But starting to watch the raws now, seeing that it was the 1. accident, were she was pregnant with ET. The ghosts gathered around at the birth of ET, none seen before, so how could he have known from other ghosts that she is to be the goblins bride?
Might have been a known legend between the ghosts or a known fact that the child conceived by that woman will be the destined GoblinsBride.
But then they should have known beforehand that KS would save the mother. He decided on a whim to do so. Did the RL know he would and tell a ghost?
She picked ETsmom for the chore, as she said she was happy as she blessed ETs mom with ET

yes app @itzibitzispider meitu.  

I am trying to skip all your views on the new eps not watched it yet.   I'll see if viki subbed it..    

Granny told ET's ma ask for help maybe there's a soft hearted god that will hear you.  or smth like that.. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, janeeta said:

Just finished rewatching in raw. Can someone make a GIF of when ET summons KS and hugs him? It was super sweet and we need it. Also, when KS turns to ashes and ET loses it, I lost it too. She literally crumbles and you can see her hysteria. 

KGE, GY, LDW, YIN all better win awards for their acting here. Seriously next level emotions.

I just finished ep 13. OMG! The feels!!!...so many of them! 

All of the drama leads are just freaken fantastic! Just WOW! 

• Like 5

This thread goes so fast that I have to backtrack again later on:blink:

Anyways,based on your recaps (Thank you recappers!:heart:) and youtube clips,today's episode has got to be the best I've seen so far. And although it looks like the end,this is in fact the very beginning of a new chapter in the characters' lives.It's just the beginning of the climax.That's why I don't feel completely heartbroken.In fact,I'm really excited for what's to come next:lol:

I want to post my thoughts on what might happen next but it might be a spoiler for some.For the convenience of those who don't want to be spoiled,I'll put my thoughts in the spoiler below.

Spoiler Alert!You've Been Warned!

Spoiler

I've seen a photo of KS dressed in Goryeo attire but the setting is modern.He stands near a road,there are buildings and people who are on their way to work in the morning.There's also a video of ET and other people witnessing the flowers blossom,the same thing that occured when KS was so happy with ET.

So based in the spoilers mentioned and how some in this thread agreed that KS will be reborn from the ashes like a phoenix,this is what I think will happen next.

Although KS has disappeared in the form of ashes,his real body that was lying in the fields will be reawakened.It kind of like being in a comatose state for 900+ years.This means that he'll be back to human form again.No longer is he a goblin and he won't have any powers anymore.So he will return to the city and look for ET.Since the ILOOM company is his and he no longer has the power to meddle with human affairs,he'll take over the company as CEO and live like a normal human being.

I can only think of this much.I can't say much about GR and Sunny's future because I don't have any spoilers for me to derive any opinions.I also do not know whether or who will have their memories erased since it seems possible to me that ET or KS or even both may have their memories erased.

Come to think of it,why does all of these incidents happen now,900+ years after KS was stabbed by the sword?I know that KS being a goblin is a form of punishment but I can't help but think it's also a blessing in disguise.It's as if he waited and roamed the world for 900+ years before finding the one who was meant for him.Maybe,out of the 4 lives ET talked about,this is just the 1st life for ET.Waiting for her would mean that KS will get to live the other 3 lives with ET again.I don't know...this is just me trying to think of a romantic side to this currently tragic story.

• Like 17

22 minutes ago, janeeta said:

Yes! This!

Honestly, despite bursting into tears every time I see a pic or gif or vid on this forum, I'm more optimistic than ever that KS/ET and WY/Sunny and WY/KS will all have their happy endings. KES won't make us cry this much for no reason. There's always a light at the end of the tunnel and since KES decided to sink us to our lowest from every relationship, there's no other way to go but up.

@janeeta and @papulichan regarding Happy Ending.

for Goblin specially.
my ideal worthy Happy Ending cannot be the following:
1) Kim Shin came back and with all his memories wiped clean and lost , just like WangYeo's punishment is give him back all his sad memories, then Shin's punishment will be erased memories... a emptied shelled, a emptied of memories Shin is not really Shin to me.
so, 'No', to this end of empty-soul ending.

2) Happy ending cannot be wrap up 'nicely' with a
doppelgänger of GongYoo's face Character, (yet NOT Kim Shin at all), means there is two Kim Shin in 2 different dimension living. and this Kim shin gotta died to bring on the other Doppelganger which ET will meet and fal in love. why i cannot accept this. is because then whatever character that is just add on at the last ep with Gongyoo's face only, is still not Kim shin, even if gongyoo act as another completely new character and having Euntak fall in love with a new guy, is to me like committing adultary. so 'No', to this New-Guy ending.

3) Shin lived with ET till ET grew old and WangYeo and Shin has to buried ET and Sunny at Quebec... this is just Happy ending wrapped up sad ending inside at the core. to have one buried the other is no happy ending if one of them retain immortality. Goblin should not become a heart broken Widowerer after lived 939 yrs as a virign-boy, then loved another 80 yrs and then buried his love one and continued living eternity as a heart torned widower. None should be seen to bury the other. "No" to immortality retain.

the only way Kim Eunsook can acchive a new high with her work and happy ending, should be having Shin and Yeo be 'penalized with both given mortal lives. to live for Tak and Sunny. Who are you,

I will find you
I will recognize you
Despite where you are
Despite who you are
I will recognize you

I will remember
I will look at you
Even when you are not here
Even when many sunsets pass by
I won’t forget you
I will cherish everything your words to your expressions

The gloomy sky the silent clouds
I wonder why I am afraid of everything
The time I spend with you is slowing down
I hold your hand to stop it from parting away
I beg for life

wirternim, never let Kim Shin come back as Not Kim shin, ... hope the lyrics "despite who you are, i will recognised you" not be used to bring Kim shin back. he need to walk thru 3 more eps as Shin himself. shin cannot come back in a total new character, that ET should question "despite who you are'".

• Like 14

On 1/11/2017 at 11:00 AM, makeuptemple said:

Yeah but in episode 12 when Chairman Yu died and his will was being read, he says that it someone called Kim Shin ever comes to him, to give him everything. It's all his. That scene set the groundwork for the idea that after KS turns mortal, he will become CEO. DH is set free from his duties and can do whatever he wants as a chaebol, not be bogged down with responsibility.

Wow, that is why I love this forum, all of you come up with greatest theories and insight.  I never thought of it; however, I think that you are right. Great thinking.  Do you think that once the sword has been removed and he vanishes, that ET's death will be pushed back 70 years? 

• Like 4