[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

[instiz] THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MAN AND A WOMAN'S REACTION TO BROMANCE (FT. THE GOBLIN)

c1de38030e6029e8348b2995f1ecf0f2.gif

Look at Yook Sungjae and Yoo Inna's reactions

ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

post response: +42
original post: here

1. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋI can totally relateㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ smirk

3. (Smiles)(motherly smile) vs (shock)(what are they doing)

4. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Yook Sungjae

5. Oh my ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

6. I have to watch this video ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

7. Yoo Inna's reaction = my reaction

8. Yook Sungjae's expression seriously ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

9. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

10. Oh my, these two gravely suit each other

http://linkis.com/AbwLY

• Like 23

3 hours ago, princess nour90 said:

Many 're copying GY&LDW fashion in drama even their hair style :) Goblin effect :phew:

Hide contents

@princess nour90  Thanks for the snap shots of trending "Goblin" fashion.  I'm glad to see more of it b/c its classic, clean lines and manly.  However, the hat....GR, now that's a HAT!!  LOL!!:blink: I bet it needs a lot of "dry cleaning" and the dead would certainly notice you

Edited by LyraYoo
please do not quote images - moderator
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, itzibitzispider said:

Well ... we all know kdrama by now ... there WILL be a twist, something going wrong. But what that will be, we can just guess.

I think thru GR we have the amnesia ... hope no noble idiocy or such

Maybe ET will flip when she realizes, that pulling the sword will be certain death for KS. And considering her age, the reaktion will not be rational. Maybe to save her from heartache and to give her space HE will leave, while providing enough money to enable her to study. She will be careful not to blow any candles . And thus gives us a time gap they will not meet, she will mature and they will miss each other badly.

I wonder how the Grim Reaper will manage to let her survive new years eve?

Will they look for the souls that are bodyless and leave her be as the highest boss grants her some more time on earth?

I will cry if he leaves her alone at any point. 

I suspect some Secret Garden type switch where she remains supernatural and he becomes human and depends on her but Kim Shin's character is so macho and manly with all his power, could he still be this sexy as a normal guy? I think probably so but it will take some getting used to. This is total random speculation.

I hope the New Year is where he really has to marry her or he will be pushed into that 20 year cycle thing alone. 

What do you think will happen on New Years?

• Like 7

7 hours ago, vivvianne22 said:

On episode 4, when Grim Reaper helping Goblin sending the boy that Goblin helped in 1968 to after life, the door knocker in Grim Reaper's Tea House has lion head in it. I was actually curious, why after all the animal, they chose Lion.

So, I found the meaning of Lion's head door knocker :

Hide contents

Lion’s Head Door Knocker Origins, Specifically

It didn’t take long for people to start embellishing their door knockers with all manner of designs, many of which were influenced by mythology, religious teachings and nature. Ancient China inspired dragon’s head door knockers, for example, while the Western church influenced the use of gargoyles and other beasts on worshippers’ doors.

These examples serve to illustrate just one of many differences in meaning and symbolism in the door knocker's evolving history. Dragon’s heads offered a projection of strength and protection; gargoyles represented the malignant spirits barred from entry, harnessed to serve both as a call and a warning to others who may trespass.

So, how did lion heads become popular?

Lions have been a fixture in human history since the beginning of recorded time and have come to represent many things. The common theory is that they symbolized then, at the dawn of the door knocker, what they continue to symbolize now: strength, pride, protection and supremacy. They are the kings of the jungle, but even so a lion door knocker serves the master within, which implies those who dwell behind those doors are mightier still.

Credit : https://www.atgstores.com/ourblog/why-we-have-lions-head-door-knockers

Strength, pride, protection, and supremacy? Isn't that how King described as right? but the other meaning "those who dwell behind those doors are mightier still" seems suit the Grim Reaper as he is the worker of The Divinity. I don't know, what do you guys think about the lion door knocker?

@vivvianne22 thanks for the great post and the research shared.  Again, it goes to show the top notch production work done on this show.  The details and background are a "character" in themselves.  I wonder at the level of imagination, planning and execution of this storyline.  I keep trying to imagine what the process must have been like.  Do you think the author and production team sat around a conference room table with soju and chicken feet and detailed the story boards?....maybe something like this...."Yeah, ET's 9th birthday.  Her first cake with candles to make a wish...she just finds out her Mom died...cue ghost of Mom, then phone call from hospital, she turns and says that she will never make a wish again...candles burn down and camera pans to cake....the 'happy birthday' sign is missing the happy...burned away and all that's left is 'birthday'.  Yeah, the 'happy' is gone, your mom died. 

Cue the coffee shop, Goblin and ET having a fruit drink and talking about handsome GR.  Goblin preforms his magic on the "deserving couple"  (LOL) camera shot on couple, her earphones tangled on his bag, then her hair...in the shot, behind them the sign for "pick up"  Yep, she falls, he catches her in his arms...very romantic and again, the "pick up" phrase that also means a " romantic relationship connection has been made"  hilarious!!! its not just for "coffee" pickup...Its also the start of a love/hate connection...LOL - she didn't get picked up at a bar...just a coffee shop

As someone said, there are so many tiny 'Easter eggs" in this show.  You cant help but be on the look out for them. 

• Like 13

28 minutes ago, kismet22 said:

@princess nour90  Thanks for the snap shots of trending "Goblin" fashion.  I'm glad to see more of it b/c its classic, clean lines and manly.  However, the hat....GR, now that's a HAT!!  LOL!!:blink: I bet it needs a lot of "dry cleaning" and the dead would certainly notice you

@kismet22 actually that hat and it's variations is HUGE trend in Korea now. Bloggers, young ladies, men, even parents buy such hats for their kids, combining it with total black looks (mostly coats). Even older generation. My Korean friends tell that most of stores has decorated windows with black hat + black coat. So I guess they love that "vulgar" hat haha. I love it as well from the very beggining and I've always said that if drama will become successfull people will copy GR's style especially hats.:phew:

Same I was thinking about Wookie's hairstyle lol. Even his fans didn't like it. And like @princess nour90has stated Koreans are copying guy's hairstyle. I can see men, kids...and even some women in Korea style their hair with curly bangs lol. Actually GY's hairtyle was already a big trend before but ofc now it has been maximised because of Goblin's success. 

Another trend (oh it's so funny) to put your head between hot oppas.

Btw  just in case if you haven't seen this scan from Korean magazine where bromance is prasing. Have you noticed that on upper right pic young King is located? Looks like another hint.

SU64c_05wYw.jpg

• Like 12

No escaping goblin hysteria!!! So I got tempted to try that quiz!! Guess what I got!!! That is so cool!! I have been described like this!! :blush:

You got Grim Reaper (Lee Dong Wook)!
You

Sure you can be cold-hearted and ruthless, but what people don’t know is that you’ve got an awesome sense of humor. Although you are pretty introverted and prefer to be alone, people are naturally drawn to your wit and sarcasm, so it's hard for you to be alone! You may seem pretty apathetic toward other people’s feelings, but you’re loyal and just such a cool person to be friends with.

Edited by staygold
Goblin made me forget how to spell!
  • Like 13

3 hours ago, RobinM said:

I respect your point but may I ask if she was not in high school would you still feel squicky?  it is not mandatory in Korea and say her nasty aunt made her work instead.

I have some very specific issues but I don't think we need to discuss it more at least not here, I would PM you instead, it'd kill the mood here I think.

• Like 5

On 12/12/2016 at 3:39 AM, jma030201 said:

Because of Goblin, I got this Gong Yoo fever going on so I am re-watching Coffee Prince ... waaaahhhhh now I miss YEH too! When is she going to have another drama? Hope both of them will be in a reunion like drama ... maybe CP 2!

Me too.... If YEH is back and coupling with Gong Yoo, then..............

Spoiler

I just want them to get married LOL. *shipping them so hard till now*:joy:

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, forgirvin said:

I will cry if he leaves her alone at any point. 

I suspect some Secret Garden type switch where she remains supernatural and he becomes human and depends on her but Kim Shin's character is so macho and manly with all his power, could he still be this sexy as a normal guy? I think probably so but it will take some getting used to. This is total random speculation.

I hope the New Year is where he really has to marry her or he will be pushed into that 20 year cycle thing alone. 

What do you think will happen on New Years?

@forgirvin  to answer your question on 'could he still be this sexy as a normal guy?'  I thought that he was super smexy as a General...as a modern man....yep!  me thinks he would still be this sexy....any others care to offer their opinions?  thanks for giving me a chance to use the antiquated term of 'smexy'  I'm not as old as Goblin but getting up there in years.  He reminds me of the quote...."he's like twisted steel, sex appeal"

• Like 13

Some revelations will happen for more episodes:

1. The relationship btwn Goblin and ET is blooming, I like their character for being fast on discovering feelings. I don't like drama which the OTP are taking long time to realise their feeling toward each other. 

2. I'm craving fo WY and Sunny scenes even more, from photo teaser we know that they even have sexy pose so I have high expectation that their relaltionship will be more intense

3. Sunny is actually Goblin sister or lover, I'm so curious :phew:. Eventhough I agree 70% she's his sister

4. Is Goblin so powerful? every ghost is afraid with him LOL

• Like 20

2 hours ago, Princi_86 said:

@kismet22 actually that hat and it's variations is HUGE trend in Korea now. Bloggers, young ladies, men, even parents buy such hats for their kids, combining it with total black looks (mostly coats). Even older generation. My Korean friends tell that most of stores has decorated windows with black hat + black coat. So I guess they love that "vulgar" hat haha. I love it as well from the very beggining and I've always said that if drama will become successfull people will copy GR's style especially hats.:phew:

Same I was thinking about Wookie's hairstyle lol. Even his fans didn't like it. And like @princess nour90has stated Koreans are copying guy's hairstyle. I can see men, kids...and even some women in Korea style their hair with curly bangs lol. Actually GY's hairtyle was already a big trend before but ofc now it has been maximised because of Goblin's success. 

Another trend (oh it's so funny) to put your head between hot oppas.

Btw  just in case if you haven't seen this scan from Korean magazine where bromance is prasing. Have you noticed that on upper right pic young King is located? Looks like another hin

Thanks for the additional information on fashion trends in Korea.  I'm ALL for hats as an added fashion accessory.  However, I will say that they should be worn with 'style' to complete a look and add that bit of dashing flair to a serviceable item to keep the head warm and dry.  LOL!!!  There are a couple of instances when GR tugs at the front of his brim to level his hat 'when he's getting down to business' when I think he looks the most delicious.  You see only his chin, lips, cheeks and nose.  When its tilted back...not so much.  So, hope the trend for wearing hats in Korea includes the dashing flair of mystery and not the opposite.

As for the trend of the stick figure between the two hot Oppas!  So funny!!!  I would only change it by adding an amazing woman's body between them and take advantage of the options.  IDK, maybe Wonder Woman or Sailor Moon with my face.....LOL!!!  Thanks

Edited by LyraYoo
please do not quote images - moderator
  • Like 11

Wow...The people who watch from Ohk Channel we dont have to wait 24 hours but it will show tomorrow 11.15 for local time:wub:It will have english subtitle.

For those wait malay subtitle it will same time 7.00 pm..24 hours..Tq Ohk channel:w00t:

• Like 8