[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

6 minutes ago, bgcldxx said:

i know there's a lot of things going on today's episode but i still believe that this drama will have a happy ending anyway,or i hope so T_T

@bgcldxxIf not, let's cry together. With you, too, @kiranzz

EDIT: adding @blademan on the list. 

original.gif

Edited by selenette
  • Like 14

I can't even remember if this episode was as funny as it usually is. That last scene is so heavy and weighty that I can't remember the early parts of the episode... :sweatingbullets::cry:

Also, don't we have that BTS of the Red Lady meeting both KS and GR on some street? Wasn't in this episode so sometime next week? But I'm pretty sure KS will be meeting Sunny soon now that the show has clearly identified who she is what they were to each other. I'm hoping he meets her with the GR and JET being present.

By the way, would Sunny still be considered KS's sister when the body is different? Biologically they aren't related but since their souls are, are they still related?

• Like 18

OMG just finished watching ep 8 live streaming.... I ditched all my schedule this afternoon to watch it specially... WOW!! what a daebak episode I hope it gets 20 percent rating because it deserves it.... Kim Eun Sook is really total in her work and I can see it clearly!! WOW!

There is always a higher sky above the sky... Kim Shin might be a great Goblin... but Kim Shin is down below the one UP THERE.. Kim Shin is almighty and above mortal commoners human... but he is just a goblin in front of the one ABOVE.. God's secretary that sexy Goddess in red is even speaking bhanmal with him.. while he spoke jongdhaemal... that means she is above him literally...

LOVE is the greatest mistery... greatest power... greatest secret than NOBODY able to solve.. to beat... to discover why.. Kim Shin's love to Ji Eun Tak has change everything in him.. as a man... yes... before he is a Goblin and an almighty.. he is a man... and the love has reign in his being.. taking everything he has... changing all his perception... steering his will.. his ambition.. his persuative and his foresee of future.. just because this tiny little mortal 20 years old girl.. Ji Eun Tak...

Like a powerful water pressure that can even separate the strongest steel become 2 parts... Ji Eun Tak's beauty shines blindingly even Kim Shin is under awe of it... I really really love this plot and even if it's just a fantasy... SO BE IT!!

Looking forward to watch it again with English Sub tonight.....

I wish you all my chagiyas a very Merry Christmas! XOXO onnie :wub:

Spoiler

15698120_10212025604295342_4728349255220

• Like 21

I don't understand though why Shin needs to die and all. If anyone who deserves all the punishment it has to be the king who started this all. So why the goblin needs to pay the heaviest price when it should be the other way around? But seeing the latest commentaries, it seems fishy that everything is so serious and dependent on variables like who-needs-to-kill-whom to keep on living, there has to be some kind of twist which would be there at the end of the tunnel lol. It can't be that we are going to an ending knowing what will be the answer right. I am okay with everything as long as the later half doesn't end up like W.

• Like 20

7 minutes ago, staygold said:

And we thought RR.Martin was bad!!!! Valar Morghulis!!! (But please not in this drama!!! Please!!)

@staygold A part of me is too d4mn scared to even think of the possibility that GRRM might be one of Kim Eun-sook's fave writers. :crazy:

Edited by selenette
  • Like 9

17 minutes ago, liz-danielle said:

just a thought.... ET somehow see one's future (her schoolmate) so by means that she has goblin's power (part of)... as a human can't hold the power so she need to die...? it has something to do with "9".... 

If it's the same student, the one who was her friend and watched her immortalize the leaf, is it that she was always dead?

• Like 13

6 minutes ago, kiranzz said:

Now, I know why Gongyoo finally accepts  this role from Kim Eun Sook, the story and Goblin character are so

D A E B A K 

Also why KES saved this script for him!! She waited for him!!!! This drama needed GY (and all the sponsors who poured the money into it!!!!)

• Like 20

21 minutes ago, theonlyone88 said:

The final scene brings about the paradox regarding the sword and Kim Shin's life and death. To pull out the sword, he has to love the bride and but in doing so, he will want to live and not let her pull out the sword. However, the reason why she is able to continue to live is because she is the Goblin's bride, thus it is the Goblin that enables her to live. Thus, if she is unable to pull out the sword, she ceases to fulfill her value and role, she will thus according to Samshin Granny be involved in more and more violent accidents which may include Kim Shin killing her personally. Thus, his continual desire to live will be an the expense of hers while his death will allow her to continue to live.

In the upcoming episode with Euntaek knowing the truth as well, this then results in a pull-push relationship again between the both of them regarding the sword pulling.

Oh wow that's kinda messed up. But I guess something's got to give if you mess up with things or the world order. This is becoming like final destination no?

My streaming sucked on the last part of the show so I wasn't able to see WY and Sunny scenes fully and that's what I'm most curious about right now. But damn! what an episode.

• Like 13