[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

On 12.12.2016 at 3:11 PM, Princi_86 said:

@bluestrudels hey, you mean this one?

I love this back ground song as well. So far it is my fav BGM track. I's so sad but same time so...bright. I think it will be released at the end of drama as Grim Reaper's theme. If it had words then we can expect it before, but I guess  it's BGM which is glued to GR and sometimes is used in sad moments, especially death :(( 

Yes!! This is the song! Thanks so much for sharing more info about it. I guess I just have to wait for the season to be over to actually dl the soundtrack.. 

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, lindy01 said:

My :heart: for GOBLIN is skyrocketing!!!!

The opening and closing of each episode are just making me longing for next episodes.

For me, KGE is the only actress in 20's that has the natural ability to portray E.T. with her bright sunshine smile.

Everyone needs to remember, this is a FANTASY drama of a 1000years old 'MAN aka GOBLIN" with a 19yrs old girl and not about a 30+yrs old man & 19yrs old girl.

I'm super glad, GY chose this drama instead of DOTS as he is just perfect in this role. I've re watched Epi 1-4 again and can't help feeling his loneliness and aching heart through his body language and eyes.

This drama needs longer hours as I want to see more of GR & sassy chic Sunny.

agree 100 percent.We now episode 4 still mention age again:sweatingbullets:..This idea is original and didnt follow others drama .I stil hope we dont have time jump because its just like same we guess and follow basic drama korea to settle it.

I read all comment from outside korea.They are support relationship KS and ET..but bromance more majority:w00t:

• Like 18

32 minutes ago, gutibear said:

thanks @lindy01 that's a good way to put it. This is all about perseption for each of us. Actually my coworker just complained to me bout Goblin, she is hesitant to let her teenage daughter watch Goblin because of the age gap issue. 

Seriously? Unless her daughter is likely to meet 900 yr old Goblins and want to marry one I think she will be fine and besides they  are not doing anything even remotely intimate much less objectionable at this point. 

In my opinion More and more circumstantial evidence is being presented to give us Duk Hwa as the eventual  big bad. 

• He is modern Korean equivalent of a powerful young king: A chaebol heir.

• He has been shown to have little to no respect for others... telling his grandpa to hush and selling Giblins house without permission 

•  Very Materialistic, Spoiled and Acquisitive   

• His Secretary/Assistant is none other than evil officials reincarnation 

•No in that family has ever disappointed Shin.... But DH always either exacerbates or  annoys him 

• Like 11

Re: Sorrowful Bloody Love

@happypuppy  IKR? I thought so, too. Why do I have to see this color everywhere around Kim Shin and Eun-tak? It's a bleak prospect. But then I tried (that's why I edited my post) to maintain a semblance of hope, that maybe Eun-tak is associated with blood because she will play a role in ending the vicious cycle of Kim Shin's  and the Reaper's bloody past.  There you go, a happy thought...

Re: Romance

@RobinM  You're right, I think it's inevitable that the romance would turn into a passionate one. I would be lying to myself if I said I didn't enjoy Gong Yoo and Kim Go-eun's scenes. Their chemistry is superb, watching their offscreen interaction is wonderful, but I guess my daily experience teaching 18-21 year old students colors my perception of Eun-tak. But I do like these two, maybe head to head with my tragic otp Reaper and Sunny.

Edited by selenette
  • Like 10

3 hours ago, ChunSungIm said:

https://www.soompi.com/2016/12/13/cha-tae-hyun-jokingly-complains-wifes-changing-taste-actors/

He said, “My wife liked Song Joong Ki, and then Park Bo Gum, and now she’s totally into Gong Yoo. She completely matches the stereotype of a middle-aged woman who follows current dramas.”

goblin effect

Hahahahaha :sweatingbullets: poor Cha Tae Hyun.

I use to love Song Jong Ki in DOTS, but now I think Gong Yoo would have looked way better than him in uniform and with those glasses...

Gong Yoo has this gorgeous baby face, but with such manly aura :wub:

• Like 17

25 minutes ago, RobinM said:

Seriously? Unless her daughter is likely to meet 900 yr old Goblins and want to marry one I think she will be fine and besides they  are not doing anything even remotely intimate much less objectionable at this point. 

Seriously. Well, she's a mother and her concern is understandable. Don't we still have the same issue bout this age gap thing here? Plus, my friend doesn't watch Goblin (but she knows I do since I babbling bout Goblin to her everytime I see her - she's fan of BTS lol). As far as she knows, Goblin is a love story between 35yo man and high school girl. 

As of myself, I am one of those who doesn't mind. Belle and The Beast also has hundred years age gap between them, and their love just do fine. Lol..

Again, everyone of us has their own perception on this issue. 

Cheers!

• Like 13

Hello chingudeul

i am newbie here :) 

kyyaaaa,, i am so addicted to this drama >,<

i can't wait for the next friday cause every episodes is worth watching and due to my excitement i keep monitoring insta and this forum to get updates from the drama, kekeke

but i wonder,,why in soompi forum i can't find Gong Yoo's forum? yet i find Lee Dong Wook's forum a moment ago

is any of you know where i can get recent updates from Gong Yoo? Like his fancafe or official fanpage maybe? 

OMG,, i just can't get enough of him :{

uri HOT Ahjusssshiiii

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, Sellion89 said:

Can anyone explain to me who is the grandma who changes her look? Like what is she or what is her role?

Yes, I'm very curious about her role too.

I've read at dramawiki  and it's written that her role is goddess of birth and fate. Can't wait to see more of her story..

• Like 8

1 hour ago, selenette said:

Re: Sorrowful Bloody Love

@happypuppy  IKR? I thought so, too. Why do I have to see this color everywhere around Kim Shin and Eun-tak? It's a bleak prospect. But then I tried (that's why I edited my post) to maintain a semblance of hope, that maybe Eun-tak is associated with blood because she will play a role in ending the vicious cycle of Kim Shin's  and the Reaper's bloody past.  There you go, a happy thought...

Re: Romance

@RobinM  You're right, I think it's inevitable that the romance would turn into a passionate one. I would be lying to myself if I said I didn't enjoy Gong Yoo and Kim Go-eun's scenes. Their chemistry is superb, watching their offscreen interaction is wonderful, but I guess my daily experience teaching 18-21 year old students colors my perception of Eun-tak. But I do like these two, maybe head to head with my tragic otp Reaper and Sunny.

Yes I have similar opinion as well. I love the story and I think the way she build is pretty smart. Here I put my 2 cents on the most common comments in the net

Chemistry between GY-KGE : either you hate it or love it

It strikes me while reading Soompi-Koreanboo and others how netizens are divided when it comes to this OTP. A lot of issues but mainly are chemistry and ages. For example lot of people do not get the feel that they are love birds.

For me their chemistry are great as now, but I guess many people are disappointed because they expect some radiance of love between those two. But we are in the 4th episode and they shouldn't have that kind of love yet. Imo, KS love starts to grow while ET is more like admiration or possesion. And it is sooo normal, KS was looking for a bride for 9 centuries while ET knows that she is destined to be a goblin bride for 19 years -- a bride from different species! (HECK I would have been insane if I  her). And now they meet each other and to ET surprise, goblin is a cool ahjussi who can be moody as well. ET is tough and independent girl, she cannot just submit her love directly to a hot looking man who posses doraemon power and bring her to Canada in a blink! It is cute that she did background checking for her potential boyfriend in -hilariously- children book department:sweatingbullets:

I'm so happy that the writer takes this love slooowly. It would be so weird if ET/KS showing loving communication now.. Especially this guy is basically 939 years old without dating experience, and it will take time for him to realize his feeling. I am so grateful that his feeling is shown poetically with the beautiful poem and filmography. 

Chemistry between GY-LDW is too strong compare with GY-KGE

In this first episodes it is important to show that they are bonding so damned well. Because in the middle of the show I am sure the writer will tear it down and smash it to the floor -- yep, because they are basically "enemies". We need to invest so much emotion with these two, so we can feel so much angst when the broken moments appear! 

So much stories on GR and KS, not ET

I do agree that this show heavily invest on this two in the beginning. Because this story is not about ET, but about how GR and Goblin's life are changed because of this girl. I am sure we will see more about ET's depth in the future episodes. 

40 minutes ago, Petrova said:

I've read at dramawiki  and it's written that her role is goddess of birth and fate. Can't wait to see more of her story..

@selenette Ahahaha, LOL, here it is another example on how promotional material gives extra hint!

• Like 16

15 minutes ago, imhoooked said:

Hahahahaha :sweatingbullets: poor Cha Tae Hyun.

I use to love Song Jong Ki in DOTS, but now I think Gong Yoo would have looked way better than him in uniform and with those glasses...

Gong Yoo has this gorgeous baby face, but with such manly aura :wub:

actually gong yoo is offered lead role for yoo si jin from kim eun sook (which in presscon goblin kim eun sook said goong yoo rejected her 5 years) in dots before song joong ki accepted that role.

https://www.dramafever.com/news/4-gorgeous-actors-who-rejected-descendants-of-the-sun-yoo-shi-jins-role/

Just now, Petrova said:

she is like center of the story,more like god or narator,she appears in first scene,grim reaper seems cant do anything about her when he find young eun tak.

• Like 8

@RobinM - RE: "Seriously? Unless her daughter is likely to meet 900 yr old Goblins and want to marry one I think she will be fine and besides they  are not doing anything even remotely intimate much less objectionable at this point."   <------------- LOL...I seriously snickered audibly at this. Thanks.

I'm, clearly, one of the few, who have no issue with the age gap. As you mentioned above, there's nary a bit of skinship or lechery going on despite the 920 yrs/or 16-ish yrs (depending on how you perceive it) gap. If anything, he's the one derping around like a big-ol' love-struck goofball. 

7kaB9ux.png?1

Even if the writer fast-forwards her through to college - the premise is he's now mid-30's - there will still be a decade and a half between them. (or...again...920 years). So everyone is more comfortable with a college student dating a nearly 40 year old? Heck, living 10 years with that hideous (no amnesia tea for you!) Aunt who cared more about the gangsters getting "her money" than if they'd raped/murdered Eun Tak should be enough life experience and personal empowerment to add a good 5 years to her adulthood.

I've been watching Kdramas for about eight years and I cringe a whole lot more at the lead female characters, portrayed in their late 20s-30s as never-been-kissed, fragile, needy, weepy, insecure, passive-aggressive manipulators. ...and that's probably 70% of all female leads. So, whether Eun Tak wears a pleated skirt or a Red Lady pantsuit, I think she's just fine being perky, excited, cautious, investigative, romantic and brave....at 19.

EDIT: also, regarding Deok Hwa eventually being the big bad. I hadn't considered that, because even though the actor is a cutie pie - I don't see him as having the gravitas to pull off being the Boss Bad. Perhaps he'll simply make a very bad choice (as Goblin says, your own choices are the ones that matter) like the young king did. Deok Hwa has already mentioned he'd like to be a Grim Reaper in the next life....foreshadowing?  Thanks for the new theory.

• Like 23

Greetings all..my love for gong yoo had me posted here:wub:

i really love this drama even though it still can be improved here and there.

For me.. i don't mind that much about the age gap if the girl is mature in term of thinking and behavior. But ET is not like that. I thought the obstacles in life would make u wiser but in this case it turns ET into a brat who wants all Goblin attention to her. Does she even understand what is she talking when she's mentioning about raising kids and stuff. Everything just come out from her mouth as if she is not thinking about it thoroughly. I don't remember being 18 and want to marry asap. Though i have someone destined for me but i don't think marrying that person will solve everything in my life. If only ET character is written as someone who is wiser, independent and not as clingy as she is now. Watching the scene when she cry Kim Shin doesnt visit her in suite really annoys me. Is Goblin someone who doesnt have anything to do and have to play with her everyday? I can't feel the love between both of them. From ET, she only needs protection and attention. And Goblin just feel responsible for her. So far..that's what i get. That what frustrates me the most about this drama.

Thank God, Grim and Duk Hwa fill all the hole that KS and ET left when they are together. 

• Like 7

In my opinion, Goblin age is 9xx years old so he can portray 10's 20's 30's.... until 900's man... When he feels his first love it is right that the scene with 19yo girl... remind us that mostly we feel our first love and date around that age...

Age of mature enough to feel love but not yet woman. Thats why maybe we will see ET in collage so she can date and hopefully romance scene with KS.

We must see them 900 yo man and 19 yo girl and people who always concern about age because they see them 37yo and 19yo...

and actually they are 37 and 25 so sure they can have romance/kiss scene (I really how can see it).  

• Like 10