[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

[enter-talk] DO YOU THINK IT'LL BE A HITㅋㅋㅋㅋ??

download.jsp?FileID=37672520
download.jsp?FileID=37672521

[+ 86 - 31] Except Kim Go Eun, they're all actors that I likeㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Especially Gong Yoo and Yook Sungjae♡ I'm looking forward to it

[+ 45 - 3] I like Gong Taekwang during Who are you

[+ 40 - 1] When a drama gets so much talks like this and if the people aren't afraid to embody their characters, it'll do well. Sungjae find strength and do well this time too ㅎㅎ

[+ 19 - 0] Ah I seriously don't hate Kim Go Eun or anything, but she's not lead-female worthy

[+ 19 - 0] ㅋㅋ How do you guys know whether the OP is a BTOB fan or not? How can you be sure of it?ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[+ 15 - 0] Did Kim Go Eun's interview during Cheese in the trap get burried? She said that she did good at acting during Cheese and she backstabbed the male leadㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㄱ

[+ 15 - 0] Hul... Gong Yoo╋Yook Sungjaeㅠㅠㅠ I like both and the writer is Kim Eunsook on top of itㅠㅠㅠ

[+ 14 - 2] Don't think that it'll be 100% a hit, look at what happened to Moon lovers..

• Like 5

[Script reading] Goblin + Tomorrow With You

htm_2016090183352283830_99_20160901083605.jpg

Ilgan Sports- Naver: Kim Eun Sook x Gong Yoo, 'Goblin' finally ignites... first script reading

1. [+8,709, -432] A female lead is important in a drama

2. [+7,177, -465] Wanted to see it for Gong Yoo but the female lead..I can't believe it's Kim Go Eun

3. [+6,035, -451] Please do something about the female lead!!!

4. [+4,855, -454] What to do with Kim Go Eunㅠㅠ

5. [+3,598, -270] Uhm... they eventually went with her....

6. [+1,851, -83] Who keeps casting Kim Go Eun and Im Ji Yeon? Must be good to have sponsors huh?

7. [+1,595, -79] From Song Hye Kyo, Kim Ha Neul and Park Shin Hye.... Writer, why are you only doing this to Gong Yoo?

http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2016/08/script-reading-goblin-tomorrow-with-you.html

• Like 5

Gong Yoo, Kim Go Eun, Lee Dong Wook, Yoo In Na, and Yook Sung Jae hold first script reading for Goblin

by CoCo Kdrama on Thu, Sep 01, 2016

b99f9050-491a-4945-b2a3-a10684584e20.jpg

Production for upcoming tvN fantasy romance Goblin has officially kicked off with the first script reading attended by its all-star cast and high profile writer and director! Gong Yoo (Coffee Prince), Kim Go Eun(Cheese in the Trap), Lee Dong Wook (Bubblegum), Yoo In Na, (One More Happy Ending), and Yook Sun Jae(School 2015) joined with the writer and director of Descendants of the Sun, Kim Eun Sook and Lee Eung Bok, to bring the characters to life.

In the upcoming drama, Gong Yoo will take on the role of a goblin named Kim Jin, who wishes to end his immortal life. In order to end his eternal life, he must marry a human bride. As part of his curse, the goblin lives with a grim reaper (Lee Dong Wook) who has amnesia. Kim Go Eun plays a high school girl named Ji Eun Tak, who is the bride the goblin is in search of. Yoo In Na plays Sunny, a quirky chicken restaurant owner, and Yook Sung Jae plays a wealthy heir named Yoo Duk Hwa.

29501d83-73ae-4797-a9c7-e4f04a7ef23c.png

What's really fun about this pairing is that when Gong Yoo was asked in an interview which actress he would like to work with, he answered Kim Go Eun, citing that he thought she was charming and that he enjoyed her work in the film Chinatown.

This romantic, supernatural tvN drama will be Gong Yoo’s return to the small screen since his last drama four years ago, Big.

The cast was absorbed in the script for four hours and the production staff stated, “Writer Kim Eun Sook and producing director Lee Eung Bok took the lead. The script read-through was passionate and the actors all matched well together. We have confidence that we can make a production that will conclude 2016 with a flourish.”

b20256b9-944e-4a82-82ca-979c447c4dd4.png

https://www.dramafever.com/news/gong-yoo-kim-go-eun-lee-dong-wook-yoo-in-na-and-yook-sung-jae-attend-first-script-reading-for-goblin-/

• Like 5

it seems i am goona love KGE , i have never trusted K netizens opinions . i get used to read their postive comments on cheesy cliche  dramas and vise verse .so i am not surprised of their bashing comments now, 

what surprised me nowaday are the plenty negative comments i have read about DOTS and the writer , i actually didn't like heir & secret Garden ,never watched Dots so i was wondering about the high rating and where the huge popularity come from ? what is her secret ? is it only marketing skills ??

• Like 9

39 minutes ago, MaysoonD said:

it seems i am goona love KGE , i have never trusted K netizens opinions . i get used to read their postive comments on cheesy cliche  dramas and vise verse .so i am not surprised of their bashing comments now, 

what surprised me nowaday are the plenty negative comments i have read about DOTS and the writer , i actually didn't like heir & secret Garden ,never watched Dots so i was wondering about the high rating and where the huge popularity come from ? what is her secret ? is it only marketing skills ??

yes, mostly marketing strategy-non stop articles about the stars/the script/BTS/first time using plot of soldier and doctors in beautiful location/cinematography, and most important thing the character of SJK in DOTs. Korean love warrior either man or woman that's why Secret Garden is big hit bc the female character is badass. This is what my tour guide in Korea also said when I asked them who is the famous among Korean-for teenagers of course the young rising guns in the markets, but for ahjuma only those who can play strong (esp a wifey who can stand up against their mother in law) and warrior characters are the most respected.

Heir bc of some makjang element and family struggle blended well with high school romance-so KES know what her Korean people love. Other writers also trying this formula, but they don't know how to market their stars and always mismatch the pairing. Another smart marketing move by the PD or agencies producing DOTS is using China weibo/media hypes and and transmitted it to Korean website.

In Dots, there were 2 writers actually and many said the other writer that contributed better script and plot, not KES. Goblin is a real test for KES/Director bc they are using cable channel for the first time-target audiences is very diff from the main big 3. No one can predict if successful or fail. Hong Sister had nearly 10 successful drama,  but at the end people are not buying their romance story anymore. At the end all depend on public actually.

Mister X -K-drama/film critic is always the best when giving the inside story of the hype and buzz in K-ent.

http://www.dramatic-eye.com/k-drama/2016-dramas/descendants-of-the-sun/metacap-1/

• Like 8

sorry, the link I put abt KES writernim cannot be opened unless register with the blog owner.

here, the SC on some background on Dots success and the people behind the sceneesp the other writer who contributed the better script-if you interested to read it. I put in spoiler bc this is Goblin's thread, but interesting to know abt some background on KES smart marketing.

Spoiler

SinYv0n.png

tM6xoEH.png

QVxhgZW.png

• Like 6

22 hours ago, MaysoonD said:

i don't hate her in Personal or bcz she is ugly or something like Knetizens but bcz she still so rookie 
and she dont have the popularity To be next to These big stars names and to Make it Worse she is so Hated
so I'm afraid This will not become a good drama bcz of her and i really hope the best for this drama
for the cast sake so blz god Make me wrong this time and Make this drama a big hit

• Like 6

@Ikgy99 i don't know about how casting taking place but i understand  your fear and i have my concerns about Wookie as well but in different aspects .  .

filming already starded and we have nothing to do except wishing them luck 

• Like 7

On 2016-08-29 at 6:27 AM, samzz said:

my imagination of Gream Reaper, luring the soul b4 killing them

-for Goblin, still searching any fan made

cr:owner

Well I'm offering once again my super professional fan art of said Goblin.

H8SXdZZ.png

What, you're not a fan of this beautiful art work? :D 

On 2016-08-31 at 9:22 AM, winterdew said:

“I’m the grim reaper. I’ve been a grim reaper from the time I opened my eyes after death. Everyone who meets me will be shocked, at first by my good looks, but later on the realisation that they are already dead. The ghastly, pale white face and black lips of grim reapers is a thing of the past. And the black long gowns have also long been replaced by slim suits. Rather than ancient scriptures, I enjoy reading GQ magazines and have a strong preference for Scandinavian designs.  I feel that I have to impress a person with my sexiness even when appearing before him or her in their final moments to receive them."

Uhm... Being a Scandinavian, I'm quite interested in what he means by this. Maybe he means that he is a modern Grim Reaper. Will Goblin and Grim Reaper fight over the interior decoration in their home? :D 

• Like 10

56 minutes ago, lkgy99 said:

i don't hate her in Personal or bcz she is ugly or something like Knetizens but bcz she still so rookie 
and she dont have the popularity To be next to These big stars names and to Make it Worse she is so Hated
so I'm afraid This will not become a good drama bcz of her and i really hope the best for this drama
for the cast sake so blz god Make me wrong this time and Make this drama a big hit

i understand you too honestly at the beginning i wanted the lead actress to be more popular than KGE but what's the importance of popular actress who can't act well since i'm GY fan i'll till you about his last drama "BIG" he acted with 2 popular and pretty actress lee min jung and suzy but  at the end k netizen didn't like their acting and GY couldn't save it and became "flop drama" and their popularity didn't save it

Yes KGE is rookie but she's good actress who depend only on her acting ability not popularity or being pretty plus i loved her acting in her movies The coin locker girl, memories of the sword and canola  so don't worry about her acting 

And about all k netizen hate yes it may effect the first or second episodes rating but not all drama the only thing 'll affect is the plot and acting only and remember what k-netizen said about han hyo joo and song hye kyo after casting them or w and DOTS fbut at the end their dramas became popular and successful and forgive both of them

So please cheer up and support our heroes and drama and don't worry :blush:

• Like 7

20 hours ago, princess nour90 said:

i understand you too honestly at the beginning i wanted the lead actress to be more popular than KGE but what's the importance of popular actress who can't act well since i'm GY fan i'll till you about his last drama "BIG" he acted with 2 popular and pretty actress lee min jung and suzy but  at the end k netizen didn't like their acting and GY couldn't save it and became "flop drama" and their popularity didn't save it

Yes KGE is rookie but she's good actress who depend only on her acting ability not popularity or being pretty plus i loved her acting in her movies The coin locker girl, memories of the sword and canola  so don't worry about her acting 

And about all k netizen hate yes it may effect the first or second episodes rating but not all drama the only thing 'll affect is the plot and acting only and remember what k-netizen said about han hyo joo and song hye kyo after casting them or w and DOTS fbut at the end their dramas became popular and successful and forgive both of them

So please cheer up and support our heroes and drama and don't worry :blush:

CrOtfpiW8AEwX1U.jpg

i can't wait to meet mr goblin already im sure it's gonna be a good drama B)

#goblin fighting 

• Like 5

@tw20127 thank you so much for spending your time to translate characters' description.^^ Now we can imagine what will happen in the show itself and how our 4 heroes will look like. I have so many thoughts and fears after reading everything. Haha. Could you be so kind to look again through the part were is saying that Grim Reaper in his previous life have been betrayed (or smth) by the king and now Sunny is reincarnation of that king? It sounds a little weird to me since various articles earlier claimed that Grim Reaper was king in previous life and has died under unknown dramatic circumstances. And another concern is how Sunny can be reincarnation of the King (man who has reincarnated into woman?) and Grim Reaper will fall for her and experience de ja vu? Maybe there can be different sense in that part and it was queen who betrayed Wang Yo (who was probably King if to believe previous news) and then reincarnated into Sunny in modern times? 

Thank you so much in advance ^_^

And guys, don't you think it's weird that we have so much information about characters, show and cliffhangers in advance? :huh: I haven't followed KES's other dramas too close...maybe that's her style?

• Like 6

@Princi_86 You're very welcome!  :) Yes I had the same questions as you when I was translating since I read somewhere that Wang Yeo was supposed to be king!

On the picture it says: 

被其追隨的君主拋棄而死

Which literally means, Wang Yeo died because he was abandoned by the king he followed. 拋棄means abandon, but here it doesn't imply any murder/betrayal. Sounds more like he died of heartbreak after someone he cared a lot for abandoned him. 君主 means king/master of nation in Chinese which implies someone who is male. 君主 is male while 王后 would be female equivalent (Queen) 

某日從遇見的一個女人(君主的轉世)那裡感覺到了似曾相識

One day, he meets a woman. Here in the parenthesis, 轉世means reincarnation. The whole sentence can be translated to: One day, Wang Yeo meets a woman (reincarnation of the king) and feels a sense of familiarity with her. 似曾相識 is used to describe the feeling when you meet someone you felt like you've already met...which implies Wang Yeo knew Sunny from his previous life.

The information was collected by a Chinese forum dedicated to the writer Kim Eun Sook...I read on the forum that the reincarnation detail is leaked by someone (not official) so I can't vouch for its accuracy. 

Wang Yeo could very much have been the king like some of the articles are saying. His last name, Wang, is the royal last name during the Goryeo dynasty. So perhaps there may have been an error on the Chinese forum's part. But then, some details about the drama are subject to change (I believe people first thought KGE was playing a reaper before LDW casting was announced, right?)

Edit: @Princi_86 The word 君主 can be translated to monarch as well, but in Asian countries there were hardly any "female" monarchs therefore the term always implies a male. For the "someone he cared for abandoning him part" it doesn't necessarily imply romance/gay since it could have been that Wang Yeo was a very loyal subordinate...but the king did not listen to him and "abandoned" him because of others who want to get between their close relationship. It could have been a close friendship that was broken, thus causing heartbreak. 

But right now I'm leaning more towards Wang Yeo being the king because there is a reason why his last name is "Wang" He could be a fictional Goryeo king the writer decided to create for the sake of the story. But then on the official description of Wang Yeo's character it says he knows Sunny from his previous life so idk how Sunny would play into this.

• Like 9

@tw20127 Oic. So that page with lines and spoilers about their past can be leaked from script? And then maybe translated from Korean on Chinese?...I really hope that the sence has been missed in translation, since the story looks strange then. there supposed to be love line btw Wang Yeo and Sunny, but if she's reincarnation of man then Wang Yeo was gay in his previous life?:huh: That's not KES and not for Korean society who watched dramas. There must be some other explanation...even if he's not the king in his previous live, and he was abandoned by someone he has cared a lot or loved, then it should be woman, in other case how will they explain that he has fallen for female reincarnation of man? 

Regarding his last name, he could have been Goreyo's king but that means that Wang Yeo is his real name and he supposed to have amnesia after he has woken up as a Grim reaper. Oh, so difficult. 

In any case I hope KES will find out that the page was leaked and will change that too dramatic and epic problems which both Grim Reaper and Goblin supposed to face.

• Like 10

On 9/2/2016 at 9:32 PM, juliacaesar said:

Well I'm offering once again my super professional fan art of said Goblin.

What, you're not a fan of this beautiful art work? :D 

Uhm... Being a Scandinavian, I'm quite interested in what he means by this. Maybe he means that he is a modern Grim Reaper. Will Goblin and Grim Reaper fight over the interior decoration in their home? :D 

hahaha, first time I saw it-of course I love it-but that too adorable, my weakness of cute chubby thing.

-and we know he got the looks and body to die for.

as posted by his cody few hours ago.-cr from Gong Yoo's thread

CrcG4GBVUAAmP85.jpg

If true their shooting location still in Canada, I'm sure this is part of the style bc winter is coming soon over there, or they want to hv Twilight fashion styles.-who knows

-------

on the Scandinavian part-I bet Reaper and Goblin will hv love/hate relationship with food-Reaper with his salmon and blueberry source and Goblin skate with kimchi

actually I really wish Wookie to hv long hair in this drama

Ae11b6G.jpg

• Like 8

@tw20127 oh about the fact that people thought that  KGE should play grim reaper, I have seen such comments but it was weird to think that they're living together and that they've met before the story has started. And this experience of misunderstanding makes me think that maybe King in Korean has different meanings (both male and female), maybe it was monarch and Chinese have translated it like King...

• Like 7

22 hours ago, MaysoonD said:

K's Broadcast period: 2016-Sep-23 to 2016-Nov-12 .

isn't Goblin supposed to follow it ?

yes goblin supposed to be aired after the k2 in Fri and Sat 20:30 time

tvn says goblin will be released in december but they did not mention which day in dec

but i Think thats Because at that time They did not have the Filming schedule 

so Maybe this drama will come out in November and Maybe not in the end we will see

• Like 4

On 9/4/2016 at 2:09 AM, MaysoonD said:

K's Broadcast period: 2016-Sep-23 to 2016-Nov-12 .

isn't Goblin supposed to follow it ?

i think it'll be like what happened to  k2

k2 supposed to be aired in 2nd sept after the good wife which ended in 27th Aug but it'll air in 23th sept instead 

• Like 4