Mico Ricco

A LIFE  愛しき人 Itoshiki Hito

A_LIFE.jpg

photo credit : Zemus

Story
When Surgeon Okita Kazuaki was a rookie doctor, he was kicked out of the hospital due to his friend's Danjo Masao plan. He left for the U.S., leaving behind his girlfriend Mifuyu. With his hard work, he became an excellent surgeon. 10 years later, he comes back to Japan by request of Mifuyu's father, who is a hospital director. Mifuyu is now married to Danjo Masao.  credit :-  TV Japan; http://wiki.d-addicts.com

Broadcast time : Sunday JPT 21:00
Broadcasting period : 2017 January 15 - 2017 March
Broadcasting station : TBS  http://www.tbs.co.jp/ALIFE/

Director : Hirakawa Yuichiro, Kato Arata, Kimura Hisashi
Screenwriter : Hashibe Atsuko
Producer : Setoguchi Katsuaki, Higashinaka Keigo

Theme song: Still Alive by B'z : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHMTbGItGC8

English subbing by : avieamber https://twitter.com/avanpiper

Subs link : http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=163022

Cast :-
Takuya Kimura as Kazuaki Okita
Yuko Takeuchi as Mifuyu Danjo
Kenichi Matsuyama as Sota Igawa
Fumino Kimura as Yuki Shibata
Nanao as Minori Sakakibara
Akira Emoto as Toranosuke Danjo
Min Tanaka as Isshin Okita
Takashi Kobayashi as Takayuki Sanada
Mitsuhiro Oikawa as Keigo Hamura
Tadanobu Asano as Masao Danjo

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/alife.tbs/

Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/a_life_tbs/

Twitter : https://twitter.com/A_LIFE_tbs

Drama rating :-

Ep 1 - 14.2%
Ep 2 - 14.7%
Ep 3 - 13.9%
Ep 4 - 12.3%
Ep 5 - 13.9%
Ep 6 - 15.3%
Ep 7 - 14.5%
Ep 8 - 15.7%
Ep 9 - 14.7%
Ep 10 - 16.0%

Videos credit : youtube - TBS公式 YouTuboo (videos removed as of 22nd March'17)

relationship chart credit : TBS

4SIWkC1.jpg

SOOMPI RULES OF CONDUCT
Don't post any requests for subs.
Anything unrelated to the drama character/plot is considered spamming. 
Don't quote images.
01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.
02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.
03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.
04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 
05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki,Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their Id reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

@Mico Ricco  thanks for this thread  and updates. I just finished watching episode . Good episode. More of setting us viewers to the  characters.

The stomach cramps Dr. Okita's having tho;, could be prelude to something deeper  later episodes. Uh oh.

One thing about medical dramas,  one of first thing a doctor  or nurses needs to learn and practice is how to  do the needle thread thing.

On 29/01/2017 at 4:00 AM, jongski said:

@Mico Ricco  thanks for this thread  and updates. I just finished watching episode . Good episode. More of setting us viewers to the  characters.

The stomach cramps Dr. Okita's having tho;, could be prelude to something deeper  later episodes. Uh oh.

One thing about medical dramas,  one of first thing a doctor  or nurses needs to learn and practice is how to  do the needle thread thing.

Okita's stomach cramps could be an interesting twist in the later episodes; whether his so-called good friend Masao willing to operate on him.

Masao harbors ill thoughts of Okita.

Okita's former girlfriend Mifuyu, is now Masao's wife.

Also, senior Danjo favors Okita which would threatens Masao's chieftain ambition at the hospital. 

Spoiler

So far into episode 3, Okita seems not able to break the bad news to Mifuyu that she is seriously ill with an "inoperable" brain tumor - which was revealed to us since/in episode 1.

From ep 4 preview we can see that Mifuyu collapsed so l am expecting Okita will now have to inform her of the brain tumor illness.

so many dilemmas on Okita .....

Feeling shades of BRAIN watching this drama....

Definitely this is current fav ( along with kdrama Defendant). Watching ep 2 right now. I just paused  because.. Dr. Igawa is such a young show off ... in a funny way.  I think he's harmless but he's envious of Dr Okita....the director reminding the doctors to avoid saying "affectionate words to patients like  it's going to be fine" and Dr. Igawa repeated it twice. Young fool. Hah.  And he''s jealous of Nurse  and  Dr.Okita's interaction and growing closeness. I'll admit that got me.. a bit of squee in me.

On 1/31/2017 at 0:58 AM, Mico Ricco said:

Okita's stomach cramps could be an interesting twist in the later episodes; whether his so-called good friend Masao willing to operate on him.

Masao harbors ill thoughts of Okita.

Okita's former girlfriend Mifuyu, is now Masao's wife.

Also, senior Danjo favors Okita which would threatens Masao's chieftain ambition at the hospital. 

Reveal hidden contents

So far into episode 3, Okita seems not able to break the bad news to Mifuyu that she is seriously ill with an "inoperable" brain tumor - which was revealed to us since/in episode 1.

From ep 4 preview we can see that Mifuyu collapsed so l am expecting Okita will now have to inform her of the brain tumor illness.

so many dilemmas on Okita .....

Masao  wanted  Dr Okita to stay.. and perhaps be at fault or get blamed once and if operation fails.. whether it's with Mifuyu or the father.

Creepy ambitious Masao,   When he asked  him to stay, he's got plans for his downfall.. I mean he asked Okita to be the one to tell about the brain tumor... he's a husband in name only.

I'll resume ep 2 now and then  watch ep 3. Yup watching right now back to back.  I'll share my thoughts once I'm done.

So happy there's a thread for this drama! Thanks Mico Ricco

Good episode 2! 

So the sweets craftsman right hand is numb.. that young fool doctor Igawa.. adamant there was nothing wrong.  Showing of mainly because nurse Shibata impressed with Okita and he wants to show off that he can be good too. Okita wanted to check but the young fool Igawa s doesn't want Okita to meddle with his patient. Then Morimoto-san was rushed to the hospital. I'm not sure if it's suicide or not, or he collapsed - just basing on subs. The son will sue the hospital but Masao   wants to settle for 100,000 insisting that scandal will ruin Danjo's hopsital's reputation. refuses to  approve any surgery done to the craftsman. But  the patient already agreed to do the surgery. Masao  is not allowing  Okita to do the operation  but when Okita said " I refuse. His right hand is is his life' I'm going to do the surgery"     YES! fist in the air.  Hell yeah.

Uhm...I like nurse and Okita. But I wonder  if he's still in love with  Mifuyu.

Ep 3.. Igawa's gonna warm up to Okita. The look on Okita's face. It's like...ok fine, you watch me do operation. Haha.

@Mico Ricco  @ina111 The question  in my mind though,  if Mifuya is getting the headaches,  as a doctor, why isn't she doing anything like researching or  finding out what is the cause why she's frequently having them.

Do you think Is it psychological? In real life...like subconsciously  a person  don't really want to find out because it might be something they don't want to accept or afraid to.

And I'm waiting for my current fav ep 5 and sub!  Dr. Igawa ..he doesn't know it yet,  but he's team Okita. Ha ha! I say so :D

Watching KimTaku makes me want to watch again his classic dramas. I mean I've seen mostly all of his dramas. I don't think I'd want K drama to do version of Long Vacation, just because, that sooooooooooo classic.

Hahaha can you tell I'm  damn excited. I said waiting for 5 when it's supposed to be still just ep 4. Sorry about that. But right now.. ep 4 is sub! Yey! gotta watch.. thoughts later. If you ain't  Kimura Takuya fan and you haven't watch[all] his dramas and you don't know who he is.. what the hell are you doing with your life! :D:tongue:

Done with ep 4

So the trump card is  Mifuyu? . I'm hatin that Sakakibara.. obviously she's into Masao so whatever he does, she prods him.  And Masao damn ambitious going behind Danjo Director and making up stories about  Dr. Okita creating that rift with  Nurse Shibata.   If Mifuyu dies or something grave happens to her, will he get the right to run/own? Danjo?  Since the director is also suffering form  sickness.. good thing Okita save  the old man.

Fav scene. Okita and Shibata

"Please don't forget that I acknowledge you, without a doubt." -   Kazuaki Okita, ep 4

Watch the video. love the scene. Cr as tagged.

I know right. always have me smiling everytime they havee a scene

RT Sota Igawa X Kazuaki Okita | cr: jayzslam

C4Czz2WVUAEpEfH.jpg

That wonderful excellent acting of Takuya Kimura! Just showed us an actor can show his skills even without shouting or crying too much.. that pull  down of emotions to control is good.....as oppose to  turning it a notch, which is not a bad thing but it goes well with Tadanobu Asano as Masao Danjo. His character needs that and he's good! thumbs up for the actors in the drama.

I'm forever  KimuTaku!

C4HoodpXUAAZ4k9.jpg

photo credit: ritsu

Oh I like! As always doaramas always gives us nice cinematography.  The scene of Shibata and Igawa

[EDIT] Oh wow I actually check the Bing translation: On the other hand, in 1993, other 2017 none 2/5 TBS drama broadcast 1 scene 24 years, works this season Shonan is indispensable.

Left side is from 1993 drama? the right side if from  2017 drama A Life

Fumino Kimura as Yuki Shibata . pretty screen cap of her.  Yep, she is capable nurse and Okita doesn't want to to any brain surgery if she isn't on the staff

Watching ep 6 now and 7 afterwards

I'm on the part where Dr Igawa is doing the  surgery but something when wrong- retrograde dissection.  whatever it means something went wrong with the heart.. it's almost stop pumping.

Damn I love Dr. Okita!!!! He volunteered to be the assistant, even though he's the best - he's actually the one mostly guiding young Igawa. And then something went wrong...Masao wanted Okita to take over the but Okita told him to "just shut up.. He's concentrating"

Okita to Igawa:  "You've prepared properly, right?  All that's left is to believe in yourself. Listen carefully to your own voice. He's you patient!"

Awwwwww. Congratulation  to Igawa!

Ha ha and he collapsed on the floor. The young fool.Hearing Shibata say yakiniku, ears perk up, got up and said he'll treat her.. as ever.. crushing.

ep 6 show us the charisma of Tadanobu Asano as Masao... even if he's  bad one here and Kimura Takuya. I've always been a kimutaku fan!

Ep 7. "Back to basics"

Okita has been trying to  find away how best to operate on Mifuyu.  And that email from Seattle said ' back to basics'.  You know how when you try to dig in and  think of of all the best solution and what could and should be the best option.. is sometimes the simplest one.. the basic one. No need to  complicate. Being the smart doctor that he is..  and thinking of the probability.. and zero possibility.. he found  a way.

That damn brilliant acting of Kimura Takuya!!!! wonderful acting!

RT

On the case about 14 yr old Akane-Chan,  Kojima refused at first to run test to check if patient has cancer because she said it's low and rare.  Like  seriously! you think this would happen in real life..  every possibility should be looked into.

Okita: "We should pursue that possibility as long as it's not a zero possibility"

Thank goodness for Okita! he's doing everything he can for patients.

As for Masao.. he's a bad one for plotting to behind wife but Sakakibara..is evil! telling everyone of Mifuyu's sickness!

Videos credit : youtube - TBS公式 YouTuboo (videos removed as of 22nd March'17)

Episode 9 preview - rating 14.7% (subs released by avanpiper on 19 Mar)

Episode 10 preview - rating 16.0% (subs released by avanpiper on 28 Mar)

Yes! ep 9 is sub! thanks to avanpiper! whoa! ALIFE trending. This drama is still my current fav! one of the best right now! about to watch ep 9 in a little while. I just finished ep 8

I Just finished watching ep 8!  I agree with tweeps. What a beautiful brilliant actor Kimura Takuya is. No dialogues needed  just his expression says it all. and his acting. superb. Just goes to show an actor  doesn't  need to be over emotional to to be able to give best acting.

A fav scene scene when Okita was walking during the sunset and he was holding the apple. No dialogue here. No words needed.

C6LPly3VAAEnSw8.jpg

And the scene between okita and his sushi maker father ( who was hospitalized) is fav scene.  They love each other in sarcastic way! liking that exchange in hospital.  You see, it's the policy of the hospital that doctor cannot operate on a family member but  the father wants Okita to do the operation.  How can he say no to that, huh. watch that exchange.. it's sarcastically heartwarming in their  father and son way.

photos cr: dokomotk117

C6Ukyc9U8AAiu3W.jpg
C6UkyeTUsAA7Jam.jpg

This is really an important endorsement - Best Drama!

Surprisingly the other main leads Asano Tadanobu and Takeuchi Yuko did not come out as winner - both are central to the drama story-line.  Instead, the winners in the supporting actor and actress are those having smaller but important roles - Kimura Fumino (experienced nurse Shibata-san) and Matsuyama Kenichi (Dr Igawa).

Winter 2017 Nikkansports Dorama Grand Prix

Best Drama
1st position - A LIFE ~ Itoshiki Hito

Best Leading Actor
1st position - Kimura Takuya - A LIFE ~ Itoshiki Hito

Best Supporting Actor
1st position - Matsuyama Kenichi - A LIFE ~ Itoshiki Hito
4th position - Asano Tadanobu - A LIFE ~ Itoshiki Hito

Best Supporting Actress
1st position - Kimura Fumino - A LIFE ~ Itoshiki Hito
3rd position - Takeuchi Yuko - A LIFE ~ Itoshiki Hito

credit / source : http://doramaworld.blogspot.sg/2017/03/winners-of-winter-2017-nikkansports.html

Archived