[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Destiny of White Snake 天乩之白蛇传说

sugarplum892

21 hours ago, rosierosie said:

I loved the original, the very first one. I'll have to watch this one too. I'm not too fond of the actors because I haven't seen them in anywhere, but I'm going to be hopeful and give them a chance. I'll have to go and look at the old one for memory. Love the storyline.

who starts in the original one? i think i'll try to watch it too

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Web Rankings 

Top Dramas (7-day)

1. Legend of Fuyao

2. Sweet Dreams 

3. The Drug Hunter 

4. Meteor Garden 2018 

5. The Destiny of White Snake 

6. Guardian 

7. Legend of Yunxi 

8. Medical Examiner Dr. Qin Season 2 

9. Caught in the Heartbeat 

10. Unexpected

Top Celebrities (7-day)

1. Zhu Yilong

2. Dilraba Dilmurat

3. Yang Mi

4. Zhao Liying

5. Zhang Zhehan 

6. Ju Jingyi 

7. Bai Yu 

8. Yang Zi 

9. Ethan Ruan 

10. Joseph Zeng Shunxi

( Drama panda ) 

On 7/13/2018 at 1:09 PM, RPM said:

Please someone explain me what's going on with Male character and his reincarnation....?

I watched until Ep. 5 - Ep. 5 is really funny.

what I understood so far is,

Spoiler

Bai Yao Yao was originally a white snake. She was told by the Goddess of the mountain where she lives at to go Jiu Xi Mountain so that she can hasten her process to be able to take the human form. She met Zi Xuan, an immortal, who fed her with some special food and helped her evolve to human form. One day, she accidentally released a ferocious beast which Zi Xuan had earlier captured with his good Friend, Ling Chu. The 2 of them had to go after the beast and in the process of recapturing it, Zi Xuan died, and his soul was scattered. Over the next 1,000 years, BYY and LC tried ways and means to gather Zi Xuan’s soul, including learning forbidden spells. This was discovered by the higher Gods, and as punishment, LC was banished to the mortal world. In Ep. 5, BYY meets LC who is reborn as a demon slayer, ZX who is now master of a Medicinal Hall, and green snake.

18 hours ago, vintage_chutzpah said:

all 60 episodes are already out? where?

yup, all 60 episodes has released. you can easily find them in chinese website such as BigDramas

And I do agree with @Wotad .. so be well prepared for more tissues !! The ending is not what we expected!

5 hours ago, visiopeia said:

yup, all 60 episodes has released. you can easily find them in chinese website such as BigDramas

And I do agree with @Wotad .. so be well prepared for more tissues !! The ending is not what we expected!

ok, i'm stumped. i don't like investing my emotions only to be disappointed. on to the next drama instead!

The+Destiny+of+White+Snake+Network+Traff

Having the same premiere date as Meteor Garden, The Destiny of White Snake is not far behind with 800 million views on iQiYi. It currently ranks highest among the web dramas that do have simultaneous tv broadcasts.(drama panda )

• 2 weeks later...

The Destiny of White Snake 天乩之白蛇传说 premiered July 9, 2018 but was abruptly taken off air last July 23, 2018 mid-broadcast. The show starring Yang Zi  (Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost) and Ren Jialun (Glory of Tang Dynasty) had accumulated over 1 billion views in less than two weeks into airing, but it has yet to resume broadcast which has impatient fans frustrated. 

iQiYi released a statement saying that they needed to modify the content of the drama. Rumor has it that the drama was flagged for offending Buddhism due to the love line between the monk and the green snake, played by Li Man (Autumn Cicadas) and Mao Zijun (Hao Lan Zhuan).

Drama panda 

Archived